Thread: MOTUC Red Gygor

Hybrid View

MOTUC Red Gygor

It's been waaay to long since I've posted something. Here is my custom Red Gygor based on the unused concept illustration depicted in the Power and Honor Foundation's catalog, that I made for Powercon's customs panel with Joe Amaro, Master English and Hunter Knight (thanks guys for making that possible). As soon as I received my copy of the catalog at the inaugural Powercon, I couldn't put it down. When i flipped to the page with "red gygor" I knew instantly that I had to make him. One of the fun qualities motu has always been the balance of figures, ie: Battle Cat vs Pathor, Stridor vs. Night Stalker, Gygor vs RED GYGOR!

Guns Blazing!

Stand down position

To start, I drew the basic shape of the new armor on the Gygor Buck so I could see how it would all fit. After getting the design settled, I started building up the armor using Aves Apoxie Sculpt and styrene

More styrene and Apoxie

Belly Shield Detail: That's Optikk's sheild center!

Belly Shield Profile

Guns! I gave the gun mounts articulation with Lego Galidor parts covered in rubber ring washers

Ready for paint!
    At this time, I'm not taking commissions or selling any of my customs. Sorry everyone, I'm just a tease.

beautiful!
    WISHLIST: Lodar, Green and Purple demons, Gwildor, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Mermista, Prince Dakon, Tung Lashor, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Lizard Man, Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

AWW MAN!!!

You beat me too it mike! I started the exact same project to make the red gygor just last week.. lol.

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    I would call him Attack Ape.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

WOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!

Cool piece!

Funny thing is I posted about a "Good" version of Gygor and it get's ignored because yes it is a good version just like Battle Cat/Panthor Zoar/Screeech etc.

OK, help me out (and great custom BTW): was this at POWERCON 2012 and did you use Lego parts?
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

Yes, this was at Powercon 2012 on display with Joe Amaro's Ram-Man over at Master English's booth. Lego pieces used on this guy are: Galidor joints for the Gun arms, white disc on Belly Shield and flattened "cone" bricks for the gun barrel ends.
    At this time, I'm not taking commissions or selling any of my customs. Sorry everyone, I'm just a tease.

Heroic Warrior
    this guy kicks ass.

Heroic Podcaster
    All he needs now is the back harness so He-Man can ride him around and blast the guns!

Terrific work, I like him better than GyGor. And I LOVE Gygor!
    Angella - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - FLUTTERINA! - Flying Fists He-Man
    Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma - RIO BLAST!
    Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid