Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are there any 2013 non-subscribing collectors left?

Heroic Warrior

Are there any 2013 non-subscribing collectors left?

I'm just curious... With all the pushing for the sub, and all the 'I never subbed before, but I will to save the line' people that showed up at the 11th hour... How many people are out there that still WANT to collect... but DIDN'T take the plunge for the sub??

I know my hope for the year is to be able to keep what I want... and sell/trade the ones I don't. Looking at the list of what's revealed so far... I see that number growing daily.. ESPECIALLY since the castle got tossed into the mix now!!!!

Will there actually BE a market for figures like....

Netossa,
    Fang man
    karatti
    and octavia??

PROBABLY NA He-man, and FFM?? (King He-man WAS on the list... but he's been growing on me ) Or did anyone interested in these characters already have them coming?

I don't remember names, but yeah, there are plenty left.

There will be plenty of market for these figures, not everyone subbed, and many subscribers didn't renew, so not only are there the pickers that always have been there, there are new ones as well....

Early access doesn't grant sub figures to subscribers, only out of sub, so there is also subscribers that may want additional figures as well....so I believe there will be a nice market for many of the figures, even though I plan to sell off a lot of them, there seems to be a lot of support for the 2013 line-up so far....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I belive that there would be always a market for figures. As ppl are always making head mods or weapon/gear mods items to display extras in new ways. AND! Us nutty customizers always have something wonky in mind an need parts... lol

Like, I plan to buy a second set of Fighting Foe men myself outside of my sub later for a custom I have in mind, an to finish 1 other custom, an then the rest just for extra parts.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    I am still a Cherry picker.
    I technically subscribed in 2012 but Digital River cancelled my subscription after Shadow Weaver. So I thought, 'oh well, at least I tried!'.

I hesitated for 2013 but didn't subscribe. The thing is, I'm not a completist. Never was, never will be, in any toylines. This said, I support the MOTUC line by buying multiple figures of the ones I like. For example I bought 2 Catras, three Hordaks, 4 Bubble Power She-ras etc. etc; so at the end of the day, although I don't buy every figure, I 'support' the line the best that i can. It's really not a money thing, it's just that I need to love a figure to buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

I know a couple of people from Europe who are big POP fans who just couldn't afford to subscribe because of the customs increase, etc.

I'm sure they will be picking up Netossa and Octavia.

I have a feeling that Netossa, Ram Man, Fang Man, Jitsu, and Octavia will be gone in minutes (if there is any extra made).

And don't forget, there are probably always a few people who learn about the line. In fact, my friend JUST found out about it because I posted something on Facebook about being happy about Grayskull. He posted a response: "What!?!" Then he messaged me later: "Just googled... I will be poor... and have catching up to do!"
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

To reply the thread question: Yes there are and I'm one of them.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Heroic Warrior
    Still here and ready to buy Ram man, Jitsu and all Filmation figures.

I'm a picker as well! Looking forward for rammy and king he man !

MOTUC cherry picker since 2009, I will never sub, donīt need them all. Love all eras and factions, being my favorite the first year of vintage figures and first minicomics. I got my Castle Grayskull and canīt wait to get Ram Man and the FFM!

I've wanted most every figure so far, (Cy-chop excluded, though I changed my mind when I got my sub in hand, as has happened several times). But due to the fact that Mattel has no sence of the financial state of their customers, and they give us ridiculously expensive months: the end of this year has had 5 in a row, and they still have not added the ability to add figures to your sub order to save on shipping for extra figures (a feature fans have been asking for since the start of the subs option), I opted out. I hope I don't regret it, but worst case scenario, it takes some time to catch up on 2013, and a bit more money than it would have cost, but with payments that are spread out in a much more palatable manner. I'll probably sub for 2014, if I can, but I have a feeling life will happen before then. See my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Will there actually BE a market for figures like....

Netossa,
    Fang man
    karatti
    and octavia??

PROBABLY NA He-man, and FFM??
    Yep, I'm a collector who is not a completist... sorry, I mean "Cherry Picker"... but I have zero interest in any of the characters you listed (except maybe NA He-Man - maybe).

So, even if there are C-Pickers left, they may not want want Subbies or Scalpers are trying to sell.
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    NA Skeletor

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    I'll take anyone's Karatti and NA He-Mans that they don't want...
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

I've never subbed before and didn't this year because as an international collector the shipping etc is just too high and I don't have much money, but now I am actually in a slightly better financial position I am wishing I did sub.
    In fact I'm almost tempted to find out if there is anyone who doesn't want their sub that can somehow sell it on to me and send the figures in bundles to save on shipping.

Otherwise I will be buying most of the figures on DOS next year.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Yeah I just couldn't bring myself to do it! I did preordered the castle because in the end I know I'm getting a castle. But with the sub you never know what your going to get. If I knew what was coming, which know we can't, then I would get a sub.
    Growing old is mandatory but growing up that's optional.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    I've been forced to become one against my will. I don't want to go into details but the gist of it is I fell victim to a scam artist (and possible identity theft) and it cost me a LOT of money that I'm probably never going to get back. As a result I have to put all my collecting on indefinite hiatus. Had to cancel my cards and with it my subs.

We'll see where we go from here, I hope to be back on my feet and able to subscribe for 2014.

But yes I do want the characters mentioned.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I'm not a completist but if I'll be in a better financial position probably next year I'll subscribe and I'll sell the figures that I don't need.
    For example for the 2013 I'll need only Ram-Man, Jitsu, Fang-Man, Figting Foe Men and Geldor.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Cherry Pick-or here, looking forward for Ram-Man, Jitsu and Fang-Man, hoping for more Filmation goodness the rest of the year.

I cherry-pick.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    How many people are out there that still WANT to collect... but DIDN'T take the plunge for the sub??
    Right here...

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Cherry Picker 4 life!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I'll be a cherry picker 'til the end. Just too many figures that I don't care about, and despite probably being able to make a buck or two off of them I'd rather skip the hassle of reselling the ones I don't want.

If they stuck to vintage characters I might consider subbing.

I was a subscriber till feb 2011 when DR cancelled my sub then I got diverced kinda lost interest but I`m back to play 20 months of catch up I have no sub so I really have no choice but cherry pick what ever I can and find a was to obtain what I need to catch up on

Me. My money is tight and I'm not spending it on things I don't want.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Got into MOTUC after the subdrive, but would likely still have been a cherry picker. I'm not a toy collector, just a nostalgia fan from the old days collecting some cool MOTUCS for my boy.

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Always a cherry picker, and always will be. Just too many figures I don't want to buy a sub. The only announced 2013 figure I want is the Shield Maiden from the Fighting Foe Men. And maybe Octavia if I can get her for a decent price.