Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are there any 2013 non-subscribing collectors left?

The Fighting Foe men & Procrastus finished me off. I won't just keep buying all the prototype stuff when there is SOOOO much POP NA Filmation & 2K characters left to get to. I'm officially a cherry picker, but got my grayskull pre-order and might jump of a Filmation or POP mini sub if it comes about this year.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Are there any 2013 non-subscribing collectors left ?
    Yes, there are ! I'm one of those.

I dropped the line after Spikor. The biggest reason was TG pushing for this to be a sub only model and threatening that there might not be any day of sales figures for certain months in 2013. I'd had enough being manipulated and lied to. I have about 90% of the figures up until Spikor. I am not buying up any extra stock in 2013, but wish everyone luck selling figures they don't want. There are actually a lot of figures I want after Spikor, but i can't do business with Mattel anymore. And I can't just buy a few figures from BBTS or other collectors, I have to buy most of them or none at all. It's like an addiction to me. I am now sober.

Chewer of Trollans
    Besides those that feel like the line has gone the wrong way, it's really fun to read the weird combinations of what folks consider a "complete" collection for themselves. I love this line and its fans.

I’ll be cherry picking in 2013. I only want 6 of the revealed figures so far.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I’ll be cherry picking in 2013. I only want 6 of the revealed figures so far.
    Out of interest, which 6?
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

I've never purchased a sub and just buy random figures that I want. I've missed out on some figs that I did want, but that's a risk I'm willing to take. Out of the upcoming figures I only want Ram Man.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Out of interest, which 6?
    - Ram Man
    - Jitsu
    - Snake Face
    - Clamp Champ
    - NA He-Man
    - Strobo (not part of the 2013 sub anyway)
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    - Ram Man
    - Jitsu
    - Snake Face
    - Clamp Champ
    - NA He-Man
    - Strobo (not part of the 2013 sub anyway)
    Those are real good choices. I have to say, even though she has grown on me, Netossa isn't going to find a place on my shelf unless she just turns out to be super amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dog View Post
    Out of the upcoming figures I only want Ram Man.
    Same here.

Count me in.

I simply cannot afford a Sub, plus I'm a Cherry Picker. I love this line, but I don't need or even want every single figure.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

I'm a NON-Sub dude.

I started collecting after the sub ended but would have skipped it anyway. There are too many figs I don't want and can't handle the monthly charges regardless. So, I just try and fill up my PayPal account and move the money so I can buy a fig or 2 as needed. I snagged Frosta last month and have CG-Man on the way. I want EP Randor, but don't have the funds just yet. Wonder how long he'll be "Almost Gone".

In 2013, I only have my eyes on Ram Man and maybe Fang Man. I am a mini-comic and Filmation collector, with the occasional 200X fig (Faceless One).
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    So far I've pre-ordered every 2013 figure Big Bad has put up, so I am "subbing," just with a different e-tailer that I can actually trust with my credit card.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I have subbed up for 2013, but I did so not because I'm a completist or because I like wasting money on figures that I don't want. I certainly don't do it because I think buying a sub somehow makes me a stronger supporter of the line. I actually despise that logic. I do it because I'm crazy busy, and I would forget about these figures until they were long gone otherwise. I've gone months between thinking about other stuff I collect, only to have to go back and play catch-up. So it's just easier to have the stuff delivered, and be done with it.

That being said, I'm a strong supporter of people only buying what they want, and not ~supporting~ figures they don't care for just to see more figures they don't care for made. I just can't get behind that. I hope people get what they want, sure, that sounds awesome. But why should people spend money on what they don't want? I'd rather support my fellow collector's budget.

Here's a quick list of figures I care nothing for, and would not have purchased them outside of a sub:

Preternia Disguise He-Man, Star Sisters, Mighty Spector, Eternos Palace Randor, Frosta, Dekker, Procrustus, Sir Laser-Lot, Bow, Icarius, and The Faceless One.

That's well over $400.00 in wasted funds, as I get both moc and loose. That doesn't even cover stuff from 2013. That's lame, but it's my circumstance unfortunately.

If you have the time and availability to cherry pick your figures, then I envy you. I so wish I could. I'd probably have passed figures not on that list, too, as sometimes I display stuff just because I planned for future figures and will be tossing out the old for the new when the time comes.

edit: the list isn't meant to illustrate which figures are good or bad, they just reflect my preferences. I know some of those figures of favorites to some people, just as some of my favorites are passes for others. Just mentioning that.
    Last edited by Jawbridge; November 20, 2012 at 12:51pm.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

I too will be cherry picking in 2013.

Out of all the upcoming releases I only really want the core characters from the vintage toy line!

Mosquitor, Ram-Man, Jitsu & Clamp-Champ are all definates. Also NA He-Man as I always get He-Man & Skeletor variants!!

I've never really been bothered about the snake men, so even though Snake-Face looks awesome I don't think I'll go for him. Granamyr also looks cool, but living in the UK, the postage/customs cost will be crazy...so no Granamyr for me!!

I'm a selective buyer and continue to be one. I have never gotten the sub and never will.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!