Thread: She-Ra sell out!? WTH!

She-Ra sell out!? WTH!

I was not expecting her to sell out and as a result I missed out. I thought she, along with He Man, were going to be up through the year but they are gone. Any chance at a restock? And of all the ones to miss out on this one is quite surprising. Over to eBay for some hope and decent $$.

You're not the only one man, I really needed an extra one to replace the one I modified for display.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Hey you got to be fast because Matty doesn't give you any warnings about what's up

It's possible they just sold the stock allotted for this sale, much like He-Man sold out during the He-Man/Battle Cat combo sale (but He-Man was back up after that). Also, He-Man is sold out again now but I doubt they completely sold out of him. TG said they still have plenty a while back.

So I'm betting it was just the cyber monday allotment that sold out.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Hopefully the "allotment" theory is true (only a certain amount allotted to this particular sale), but it could be possible that they are genuinely running low (and may be completely out of) stock.

While the plan was to keep them available all year, I think it was meant more so in terms that they simply wouldn't remove their availability from the the site so long as stock is available (save for very brief periods when stock for previous particular sales ran out... eventually they went back up). I don't think there was ever any guarantee that they had enough stock to definitely last the entire year (they would have no way of knowing how fast or slow sales would be on old stock like this), and we know that they aren't going back into production on any older figures, and at this point I'm pretty sure that includes the likes of He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, etc.

For the sake of those who still want to get these figures (whether it be for the first time or as extras), I hope some supply remains and is made available soon. But I wouldn't be surprised if they are completely out of them at this point after they've been available all year and after they were just discounted for this recent sale. There's only a little over a month left in the year, so they were at least available for the vast majority of 2012.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; November 28, 2012 at 01:03pm.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    It's possible they just sold the stock allotted for this sale, much like He-Man sold out during the He-Man/Battle Cat combo sale (but He-Man was back up after that). Also, He-Man is sold out again now but I doubt they completely sold out of him. TG said they still have plenty a while back.

So I'm betting it was just the cyber monday allotment that sold out.
    Yep, you called it. She-Ra and He-Man are both back up right now for $22.

Snappy Threader
    That is great news. They are icons and need to be available for collection catcher-uppers.

great news i guess......but why only have a limited amount for a sale. I would have bought one on monday for sure. Was actually going to add her to my last purchase be she sold out sooner then I was ready to buy. now, I am planning to get other figs before I get her. lost sales for matty.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja man View Post
    great news i guess......but why only have a limited amount for a sale. I would have bought one on monday for sure. Was actually going to add her to my last purchase be she sold out sooner then I was ready to buy. now, I am planning to get other figs before I get her. lost sales for matty.
    I figure they didn't want to sell more at the lower price point.....they want to make more money and they know they will with He-Man and She-Ra.....

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    They are icons and need to be available for collection catcher-uppers.
    The likes of Teela, Evil-Lyn, Man-at-Arms, Beast Man, Sorceress, Trap Jaw, Orko... are almost as iconic as the main icons (He-Man, Skeletor, Battle Cat, She-Ra) and should have been made widely available for those fans starting their collections and those "casual" collectors who are only interested in a "basic" MotUC collection. Definitely they're more essential than King Hsss (a near-unknown for those many who never knew past the first 3 or 4 vintage waves that received Filmation treatment). Yet, for some unfathomable reason, Mattel decided not to consider them "Essentials", even though they are, and for some of them, such as Teela, to never produce her in numbers anywhere close to her actual demand (with the result that nowadays the few Teelas that remain available from scalpers reach sub-exclusive-like heights).

It's quite frustrating to have bought around a hundred figures from Matty, but still be lacking a regular Teela. I'm quite sure the perspective of being near-impossible to get one's hands on certain core and popular characters is deterring many potential new customers from starting their collections. Also, not every potential customer out there is already aware of the MotUC line, even though Mattel seems to act as though they had spent millions advertising the line on mainstream media so that few to no new fans would be expected to appear (when in fact they've made close to zero advertising outside of a few appearances on niche information outlets, and have basically relied on the word-of-mouth and fan-driven campaigns from those already in the know—no wonder the line remains niche and a "tiny tiny tiny" contribution to Mattel's bottom line when they make no effort to return the brand to its original mainstream status).
    Last edited by uaxuctum; November 28, 2012 at 02:28pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog