Thread: Custom MOTUC - Filmation Rattlor

Hybrid View

Custom MOTUC - Filmation Rattlor

With my Filmation Tung Lash[or] turning out so well, I decided to take a spare Rattlor and make a Filmation accurate version of him as well so Tung wont get so lonely standing on the Horde Shelf representing the snake men.

To make him he was little more than a repaint in parts. I covered all the colored parts, repainted the eyes to have the vertical eye slits like he had in Filmation. I also gave him a set of skeletor feet, and a new loincloth... thats it. Pretty simple figure to make.

VERY cool!
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

This looks brilliant - very well made - did you have to dismantle him to paint him - I see no issues which is quite hard to do - all clean lines and sharp contrast. I have never figured out how one manages to get the loin cloth pieces off without breaking the figure

Quote Originally Posted by RafiS View Post
    This looks brilliant - very well made - did you have to dismantle him to paint him - I see no issues which is quite hard to do - all clean lines and sharp contrast. I have never figured out how one manages to get the loin cloth pieces off without breaking the figure
    I actually did end up having to take him apart as it turned out to match his color to Filmation, I had to custom mix Fire engine red and Neon red paints to get it right, which in turn required a complete dis-assembly of the figure and sanding of all joints then to prevent any paint rubbing, also I had to open the abs section anyway to change the loincloth part out.

As for the paint quality. I appreciate the kind words, I always spend alot of time to hide separation lines if they ever occur anywhere to maintain a quality looking figure.
    Last edited by Replikor; November 17, 2012 at 06:35pm.

Thanks for your reply - I recently painted a few figures and it was SO hard getting paint to 'stick' to the figures - tried primer / hair spray but getting the joints to work is hard without things chipping off - so I appreciate the effor it would have taken to be so careful and thorough.

I actually never really liked any of the SM but even I can appreciate good paint work - and you've made him look scary (the eyes).

Just one question, if you don't mind - when you say 'sanding' the joints - what exactly do you mean - I mean, you dismantle them (which I have a little) but then how do you sand them - and how do you know when you shouldn't to keep the joints tight.

Thanks

P.S. I don't know whether you've put a wash on his face or its the camera but his head looks especially good. And, if I may, the top part of the belt looks a little incomplete (in comparison only) - maybe a few highlights - although this is just an observation

I love this version,great custom!
    Where are they? Where are your friends now? Tell me about the loneliess of good, He-Man. Is it equal to the loneliness of evil?