Thread: Custom MOTUC - Filmation Rattlor

Custom MOTUC - Filmation Rattlor

With my Filmation Tung Lash[or] turning out so well, I decided to take a spare Rattlor and make a Filmation accurate version of him as well so Tung wont get so lonely standing on the Horde Shelf representing the snake men.

To make him he was little more than a repaint in parts. I covered all the colored parts, repainted the eyes to have the vertical eye slits like he had in Filmation. I also gave him a set of skeletor feet, and a new loincloth... thats it. Pretty simple figure to make.

VERY cool!
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

This looks brilliant - very well made - did you have to dismantle him to paint him - I see no issues which is quite hard to do - all clean lines and sharp contrast. I have never figured out how one manages to get the loin cloth pieces off without breaking the figure

Quote Originally Posted by RafiS View Post
    This looks brilliant - very well made - did you have to dismantle him to paint him - I see no issues which is quite hard to do - all clean lines and sharp contrast. I have never figured out how one manages to get the loin cloth pieces off without breaking the figure
    I actually did end up having to take him apart as it turned out to match his color to Filmation, I had to custom mix Fire engine red and Neon red paints to get it right, which in turn required a complete dis-assembly of the figure and sanding of all joints then to prevent any paint rubbing, also I had to open the abs section anyway to change the loincloth part out.

As for the paint quality. I appreciate the kind words, I always spend alot of time to hide separation lines if they ever occur anywhere to maintain a quality looking figure.
    Last edited by Replikor; November 17, 2012 at 06:35pm.

Thanks for your reply - I recently painted a few figures and it was SO hard getting paint to 'stick' to the figures - tried primer / hair spray but getting the joints to work is hard without things chipping off - so I appreciate the effor it would have taken to be so careful and thorough.

I actually never really liked any of the SM but even I can appreciate good paint work - and you've made him look scary (the eyes).

Just one question, if you don't mind - when you say 'sanding' the joints - what exactly do you mean - I mean, you dismantle them (which I have a little) but then how do you sand them - and how do you know when you shouldn't to keep the joints tight.

Thanks

P.S. I don't know whether you've put a wash on his face or its the camera but his head looks especially good. And, if I may, the top part of the belt looks a little incomplete (in comparison only) - maybe a few highlights - although this is just an observation

I love this version,great custom!
    Where are they? Where are your friends now? Tell me about the loneliess of good, He-Man. Is it equal to the loneliness of evil?

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    nicely done!

Snappy Threader
    Very nice Rep. Your painting skills are second to none my good friend.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    forgot the horde arm band if hes filmation.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    forgot the horde arm band if hes filmation.
    nah! He didnt wear one in the filmation toon... at least as far as I know of...?!

If you have a shot of him with one one from filmation, please share! As I would love to see if there are any other smaller show clip "tid bit" details I missed.

Verry clean custom. Like you didn't clutter him up with unnecessary details.
    Nope.... nothing here! Just a link to my site http://motumulder.webklik.nl/page/fotoalbum with customs!