Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Classics Stridor Project

IQ test results: negative sdilks's Avatar
    SLACKER!!!!!!

Lay off the Jameson, and get to sculpting Sir!

Just kiddin' Buddy. Keep pluggin away man. You'll get there.

But be quick about it, will ya? I've got Jitsu now, and I need a Night Stalker....
    "The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that none of it has tried to contact us." -B.W.

LOL, yes sir
    you can see pics of all my projects on my facebook page. facebook.com/don.schomer or email me :athf15683@yahoo.com

hey, i just wanted to post an update on my progress...

i have all the parts of the model in some stage of completion, most nearly finished with only minor details to finish. haven't started the helmet yet because the head needs to be 100% first.

the kit will be 31 pieces, so it's quite a lot of work invested so far. i haven't posted wip pics because i want the next reveal to be as impressive as possible. i'm doing my best to recreate every detail of the original, including sculpted details in place of stickers. i've taken a few liberties with the original design as well as adding a few new details just for fun. also, this stridor is being made to the scale i felt suited the classics line. i always thought the original was stout and thin, so mine has more robo-meat in it's legs.

for everyone who said the neck looked too short or too thin, thanks for the feedback. i've altered it accordingly. for those who said the head was too small... yes, it was because i was still building it up in those pics.

i expect to have some free time in the next week or two, so i will be posting update photos very soon. i mean it this time
    thank you all for the fantastic support and crits.

Last edited by nemesis15425; April 18, 2013 at 10:01pm.
    you can see pics of all my projects on my facebook page. facebook.com/don.schomer or email me :athf15683@yahoo.com

hey, i've been trying to move ahead on this project when i have time. here are some update in progress pics. the legs aren't really attached or in their propper position, and the foot is not attached. still have lots of small details to complete. don't think i'll be adding the strange kibbles from the originals leg well area, not sure about the wire details on the legs.

opinions and crits are welcomed. let me know what you think.

I love that you made the horse's body leaner and that Horse shoe is genius or was that on the original and I was too young to notice... The neck however..... awsome either way finish this bad boy up the weathers only getting warmer..
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    I love that you made the horse's body leaner and that Horse shoe is genius or was that on the original and I was too young to notice... The neck however..... awsome either way finish this bad boy up the weathers only getting warmer..
    the hoofs on the original were just hollow on the bottom. thanks

what aboot the neck bro? i did make it longer because so many people said it was short. i even bulked it up and i'm working on the details being raised, rather than flat. i'm happy with it, but i'd like to hear your view. the originals neck was curled, but that doesn't work well when you ball joint the neck and head.

That is stunning ! incredible work here. So much Details all over it. Maybe the neck/Head could Be a Little more bulkier, but still i would sell my holy Mother for this impressive thing.

YOU ARE AMAZING. This is awesome!
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

31 pieces will be fun to put together. I like Build-A-Figures. Looks awesome!
    Last edited by Mistico; April 21, 2013 at 04:46pm.
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

Impressive!!!
    Where are they? Where are your friends now? Tell me about the loneliess of good, He-Man. Is it equal to the loneliness of evil?

i think the head should be a little bit bigger, but man, thats an amazing work!
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

This project gets better each time I see it. Great job!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

Snappy Threader
    HOLY that thing is amazing! This will have to go down as an all time great in my book.

This is great, keep up the awesome work! Can't wait to see more.

It just looked a little off to me when I posted, but I think one of the other posters said it wasnt thick enough and I really think that was it. Overall this is an AMAZING project from you. SO personally if it's possible I'd beef up the neck a bit and make sure the details are raised becase that's important.
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

IQ test results: negative sdilks's Avatar
    You're killin it Homie!!! Love it! LOVE that you put in a gas a brake pedal! Awesome.

I see what the others say about the head/neck. Easiest way to see it, is to just go by measurement comparisons. If you look at the original, measuring from the top of head (most forward part) to the back/top of the neck, that distance is more than half of the length of ass-to-chest of the body. On your sculpt, the same measurement is less than half of the body length.

I know you're adding the articulation, so that changes the dynamic a bit, but I think that is what is making it look so small in comparison to the body. You can use the same comparison measurements on the thickness of the neck as well....

I'm thinking that if you build up the connection at the body, like a volcano (ball, of the "ball-joint"), and cone out the inside of the neck base, you'll get the thickness, and articulation that is wanted.

Just a thought. Take it or leave it. I love it either way!

Keep up the fantastic work! Cuz you're crushin' it...

Oh yeah! Post a pic of the control panel! You mentioned it, but didn't show it!
    "The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that none of it has tried to contact us." -B.W.

yeah i threw in a few details like the pedals and horse shoe just for fun. i'll have more to show soon. gonna start on the helmet today.

This is absolutely incredible. I can't wait to see all this cast and painted!
    At this time, I'm not taking commissions or selling any of my customs. Sorry everyone, I'm just a tease.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Its coming along beautifully! The scale is just perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    Its coming along beautifully! The scale is just perfect.
    that is the best compliment you could give. thank you.

thanks to everyone.

has anyone noticed the open and closed cockpit position pics? also, i started the helmet last night and it's working out perfect.

WOW----ABSOLUTELY amazing I wish I had your talent to do something like this I think this is hands down the best custom I have ever seen on these boards (and I've seen a lot of other amazing customs too). Seeing this make me wants a classics Stridor SOOOOO badly I can't stand it
    Last edited by He-Kal; April 21, 2013 at 05:06pm.

Heroic Warrior
    wow, that is incredible... You have taken on a huge task, good for you! I cannot wait to see the final product!

Heroic Warrior
    Great stuff. The head and neck still need to be bigger though.