Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Classics Stridor Project

Thats . . . . I want that

Quote Originally Posted by blacksun442 View Post
    Thats . . . . I want that
    lol, thanks. me too. best reply ever
    you can see pics of all my projects on my facebook page. facebook.com/don.schomer or email me :athf15683@yahoo.com

Heroic Warrior
    This custom... is full of the fan love and care that has always been a part of He-Man. I hope Mattel and many people who might have recently forgotten the fan and their care see this and it jolts them back into correcting their priorities.

Love to see the pieces all together. I agree, the neck could be bigger and taper wider as it reaches the base. Thanks for sharing.

thank you Gragar. What overwhelms me is the amount of support and love this community has been showing me. you guys drive me to stay on target till this project is complete.

yes it is a labor of fan love, but it's become so much more to me. a few years ago i started molding and resin casting. i showed my projects to my family, parents and grand parents. everyone was supportive and amazed at what i was able to do, that i had learned mostly on my own, and could be profitable. mostly i do these things not for money but because i do love this stuff. forward time to august when i was beginning this project, and i lost my granfather who was so proud of me. this past weekend as i'm pushing to complete this horse, and saturday my grandmother passed away. the funeral viewing was today. there were colages of photos everywhere showing my grandparents at every stage of their lives together, their children, my siblings and cousins, and our children. so much emotion, and so many lives touched by these amazing people. then i see a picture of myself from my seventh birthday party. my grandparents behind me as i was unwrapping a merman figure. this was one of my first four motu figures, so this picture was of my introduction to motu and the start of my lifelong interest in these things. motu led to my artistic dreams, to where i am now working on this project.

That is how much this project has come to mean to me, so thank you all more than i can express, for the love and support you have all shown me.

about the neck, the base of the neck has to be round for the ball joint to function up, down, left, right and turn the way i want it to. the original stridor had an oval shape neck. there is no way to achieve the range of motion i wanted with that shape. the neck bases round size is as large as it could be and still fit within the area between the cannons. the size of the neck base determines the size of the rest of the neck. the joint placement for the head and it's range of motion determined the sive and shape of the top of the neck piece. it does not look like the original. the original didn't move... if i eliminated the joints i could have copied the design of the original, but i wanted to do more. if this were a real horse it would be incorrect anatomicaly, but it's not. it's mechanical, so i feel as long as it looks cool, i'll take function and intent over design perfection. i hear what you're saying, and i wish there were a way to have it both ways... but i can't. i did lengthen it, thicken it, straighten it and bulk it up. sorry guys but this is how the neck is gonna be. i'm pretty happy with it, but it's not finished yet please don't take this as a rant. i'm thankful for crits as much as comps.
    Last edited by nemesis15425; April 23, 2013 at 10:15pm.
    you can see pics of all my projects on my facebook page. facebook.com/don.schomer or email me :athf15683@yahoo.com

A lovely story on the project, your love of MOTU, and your family. I hope the best for you in your loss.

As for the neck and everything else on the horse, I for one think it's perfect! I like the fact you've given it such a range of motion and it'll be excellent when finished!
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

thank you mistico.

i'm back to work on this. more updates soon as i get more magic sculpt...

I figured there had to be a reason for the neck. that it even IS on a ball joint is fantastic. Sorry about your loss as well. you shouldn't ever feel rushed to do something for a hobby no matter what life comes first hobbies a close third or fourth (unless your in the zone then for me they are usually a really close second )
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Impressive!!!
    "I'M THE SHADOW THAT MOVES ON THE WALLS"

hey, i'm looking for some creative suggestions.

i want this sculpt to have cool details, but not copying some of the details i don't like from the original.

for example a HATE the decal on the seatback of the original stridor, and night stalker had no seatback decal. so i'm designing something new for the seatback incorporating elements from a ghostbusters proton pack, mixed with the flux capacitor design from back to the future.

i thought it would be nostalgic cool to add details to my sculpt that are just as classic as the original stridor. inside the riders area are a few new controll pannels. one looks like a classic nintendo controller

so i'm looking for opinion, as well as other retro cool ideas i might incorporate into this design.

thanks

An Atari joystick or two would be cool. Not sure where they would fit, but it would make for some cool controls.

I think you should sculpt the small coat-of-arms that was a side sticker on the original. I thought it lends out a bit of class to the Horse, kinda like a nod to the 'ye ole' jousting days of the 1500's.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

As far as controls, you could sculpt the display panel that faces the rider. To each side of that panel, you could attach small handles, much like the Classics Wind Raider for the rider to hold on to.

an atari joystick could be cool.

the coat of arms are definitely still there. i changed them to look more like the crest on the neca grayskull door.

i am keeping things mostly the same, not really a place to add handles. i imagine the horse is a sentient machine.

thanks for the feedbacks

Somehow I missed this thread until today. I must say that is an amazing piece you are working on. Wow!
    View my collection and customs HERE!

thank you! i'll have much anticipated updates this weekend.
    so close to finished, i can taste it.

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    Will you be casting and selling these? I'd love to buy one.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

the plan is to mold and cast it in resin. it could be either a model kit or possibly an assembled painted figure. have to wait and see how it turns out.

that's all i can say on the open forum. you can contact me privately here, on facebook ( facebook.com/don.schomer ) or email me athf15683@yahoo.com to discuss anything beyond the sculpture.

i'll have some awesome update pictures very very soon. at this time i have completed and primer painted the head, helmet, neck, tail, hoof and front gun. they look soooo freakin cool!

the rear turret, shield crests, interior control panels, seat back, rear and legs still have some very minor detail work i need to do but it really is almost finished.

for now, i would like to get some idea of how many people are actually interested in getting one. so, if you do, please contact me privately via one of my mails. this isn't an order list. only gaging the demand. i will reply to everyone when i do put a list together. thanks for all the support.

update: still a work in progress, but getting closer to the finish line. here everything has been given a coat of primer, although some of the details are not complete yet.

Last edited by nemesis15425; May 26, 2013 at 09:36pm.

Very nice!! Seeing this thing complete will be bitter sweet, it's going to be something amazing that I'll never get to own!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

What a beautiful work, i'm speechless.:meek:

Oh that looks nice!
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemotoggy View Post
    Very nice!! Seeing this thing complete will be bitter sweet, it's going to be something amazing that I'll never get to own!
    Read post 93

The coat of primer really makes this thing shine, its looking really really good man!

Yeah, I somehow missed that post, that's way cool!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

hi. i would appreciate any serious interested parties please contact me privately to discuss things further.

thank you