Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Classics Stridor Project

Quote Originally Posted by Mantisaur82 View Post
    He looks great!
    What material you are using for sculpting?
    funny that you ask, because i just found some early work in progress pics i had forgotten about. the base structure is a fiberglass and foamboard called asdale, i got from my work. all sculpting is magic sculpt epoxi clay. this is my first project using it and i gotta say it beats the hell out of baking sculpy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gendou View Post
    Will you be casting it as a solid color to be painted by each owner or coloring the parts their main color during the cast? I ask because I'm super lazy about painting things. That crest you gave me is on the wall but still unpainted, haha
    probably just lazy off white. casting in colors is sometimes difficult to keep it consistant.

base structure before sculpting

early sculpture and paint test

Last edited by nemesis15425; November 24, 2012 at 03:18pm.
    you can see pics of all my projects on my facebook page. facebook.com/don.schomer or email me :athf15683@yahoo.com

IQ test results: negative sdilks's Avatar
    Looking awesome man! Love the joints on the legs! Excellent work!

I think a nice variant would be to have different types of guns for each version. Even though Nightstalker had the same as Stridor, I think you should make them different.

Can't wait to see the details on the control panels!
    "The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that none of it has tried to contact us." -B.W.

Dang....this is SUPERB!
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

Super cool Stridor. quick note why not make pannels on the body where you could just make new parts for different variants like night stalker or the horde or snake men parts that were mentioned? Beats the hell out of starting from scratch every time good stuff I'm sure it will only get better with time...
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    Super cool Stridor. quick note why not make pannels on the body where you could just make new parts for different variants like night stalker or the horde or snake men parts that were mentioned? Beats the hell out of starting from scratch every time good stuff I'm sure it will only get better with time...
    i wouldn't be starting from scratch. mold original, cast copies, alter for night stalker, horde horse, snake horse..., new mold parts, cast new parts, etc thanks for all the great feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistico View Post
    Another difference between Nighstalker & Stridor is Stridor has a removable hemlet & Nighstalker didn't.

The idea of making a horse for the Snakmen and Horde sounds awesome too! The snake one needs fangs and slitted eyes. Maybe something dinosaur-like.
    yeah stridor will have a helmet, but night stalker will have some new things to set him apart as well. the snakemen "horse" will have an all new head, as well as other parts. same for horde "horse".

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    you should save parts to modify for Rio Blast's release... He needs his WarHorse! Also a KnightMare for Sir-Laser-Lot wouldn't be that bad either. (Feel free to use those names if you like)
    i might have to look into those ideas as well as other suggestions, if there seems to be support behind them. i actually have two head ideas in mind for the horde design. i'm sure other alt parts could be designed.

Quote Originally Posted by sdilks View Post
    Looking awesome man! Love the joints on the legs! Excellent work!

I think a nice variant would be to have different types of guns for each version. Even though Nightstalker had the same as Stridor, I think you should make them different.

Can't wait to see the details on the control panels!
    thanks i'll do something to set the two apart
    Last edited by nemesis15425; November 25, 2012 at 04:57pm.
    you can see pics of all my projects on my facebook page. facebook.com/don.schomer or email me :athf15683@yahoo.com

I thought you had disappeared. Nice to see that you are back with a great looking project.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    I thought you had disappeared. Nice to see that you are back with a great looking project.
    thanks! i hope to never disappear. i should have some updates this weekend.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    cant wait huh? seriously that is bad ass. it looks cool just as a air horse sled (think i seen something like that in a cartoon somewhere). brilliant stuff. cyborg horse is a must have.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

That's brilliant work there.

I like the crazy level of customizing ambition going into this project. If you're thinking about interchangeable heads of each MOTU faction for the "Stridor buck", check out these wacky bootleg Stridors (especially the Reptilian one) for some inspiration:
    http://actionfiguresca.proboards.com...nt&thread=9245
    At this time, I'm not taking commissions or selling any of my customs. Sorry everyone, I'm just a tease.

thanks again. sorry it was a busy shopping weekend and i didn't get done as much as i'd wanted. when i get to that next stage and feel ready to share, i will. i'm very excited to get it completed.

those bootlegs are pretty cool. never seen them before.

thanks again

Snappy Threader
    Looks real swell. Can't wait to see more.

very sorry to keep you all waiting. this project is still very much alive, so don't worry about that. my kids are carrier monkeys, and i've been sick the past two weekends. so i haven't been able to progress to the point i want to be, before i update new in progress pics. i hope to have stridor and night stalker ready for jitsu's release date.

Looks good I just hope we really get a Classics Stridor too Want him as much as Battleram

sorry, but no plans for a battle ram. stridor will come, (and i think he'll be bad ass) as well as night stalker and a few others.

i've taken a bit of a holiday break, but i'll be back in action soon. i hope to change up my casting techniques this year, with a pressure chamber for better castings, and looking into using plastic rather than resin. i'm open to tips and help from others.

This is looking good and I'm in for one if casts.are.made. one constructive criticism though. It looks like the head it too small for the body. Especially around the cheeks or jowels.
    God I hate Stratos.

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftJustice View Post
    This is looking good and I'm in for one if casts.are.made. one constructive criticism though. It looks like the head it too small for the body. Especially around the cheeks or jowels.
    the head in these in progress pics was just a rough build up, so you're right it is way small. i've added size and detail since these pics were taken.

WOW This guy sucks! I hate when people start projects but never update or finish...

yeah, sorry about that. i haven't had as much opportunity or motivation to work on this as i've wanted to lately. i have taken a few steps this weekend, and i'm trying to get back into a daily routine. i'll share again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis15425 View Post
    WOW This guy sucks! I hate when people start projects but never update or finish...

yeah, sorry about that. i haven't had as much opportunity or motivation to work on this as i've wanted to lately. i have taken a few steps this weekend, and i'm trying to get back into a daily routine. i'll share again soon.
    Don't be so hard on yourself. I'm patiently waiting to see what you've come up with since. I'm sure other are too.

Besides, we've all had projects that get put to the side for a while. I've got a few figures that have been sitting half-finished (more or less) on my drafting table for well over a year. Others have come and gone; those have stayed. It happens. I usually have more than one project going on purpose so that if I get burned out on one, I can switch to another until I'm ready to come back to the first. It's a process that works for me.
    Last edited by Mistico; January 14, 2013 at 08:56pm.
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

I totally understand you. I know for some people that donīt have any idea of what is making a project like this, may think we are just lazy when we took forver or quite a project, but i know for sure that sometimes you loose motivation as you mentioned and that can be due: you are already working on your project and you realize that it is more complex than expected, or due the time it requires from you, or the money, etc... there are so many issues that can take one apart from a project.

But canīt wait to see this one, if iīm not wrong this is the first time we will se a custom project like this one, and itīs looking great so far.

Heroic Warrior
    Ah it's all good brother, I've had half a ram man hanging around for over a year, now there making one an I'm all bleeeeegggghhh there's is way better, why finish,....

Yours on the other hand you should definitely finish, it's amazing,
    My only crit would be that the kneck needs thickening up a wee bit from the side,
    Great job

TAke your time and do what is right for YOU
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

you made me realise how much i want this beast in Classics. Good work man!

sorry for the delay in progress updates. when i do post new pics, i want it to be impressive, not just little changes. not saying i haven't done much since last update, i have, just not ready to share yet.

i have taken into account all the feedback. many have said the neck looks too thin or short, so i will be altering it. please keep the feedback and crits coming.

sorry for the delay in progress updates. when i do post new pics, i want it to be impressive, not just little changes. not saying i haven't done much since last update, i have, just not ready to share yet.

i have taken into account all the feedback. many have said the neck looks too thin or short, so i will be altering it. please keep the feedback and crits coming.
    Where's the "like" button? hehe Can't wait to see what you've got to show us!
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!