Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/21/2012 - black friday sale announced!!!

11/21/2012 - black friday sale announced!!!

Here it is:

http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/...1-at-9-a-m-pt/

Our “Better Than Black Friday” Sale Starts 11/21 at 9 a.m. PT
    Posted by Admin on November 19, 2012
    Toy Fans,
    Black Friday is great, but why stop at just one day? This year we’re starting our Black Friday sale a little bit early and we’re extending it a little bit longer. Be here at 9:00 a.m. PT on Wednesday morning November 21st and we’ll have items from some of your favorite lines at savings up to 30% off! The sale continues for six days, ending at 9:00 a.m. PT on Tuesday morning, November 27th. And be sure you check in often on Monday November 26th because flash sales and special pricing will come and go* and you never know what you might find!
    This may be your last chance to snag some essential 2012 figures you missed that very likely won’t be back again. It’s also a great time to pick up a few gifts for friends or family, or just treat yourself to something (especially since you’ve been so good all year). Want to know what will be on sale? Come back to MattyCollector.com on Wednesday morning 11/21! Although I can’t tell you now which products you’ll find, we’re sure the sale will be a roaring success and we’re doing our best to conjure up some great deals that do justice to all our great lines
    Remember, the sale starts Wednesday, November 21st at 9 a.m. PT (12 noon ET). Want an email reminder? Click here to register. Or, join me on Facebook, Twitter and in our Fan Forums and you’ll get reminders there, too.
    –Matty
    *Mattel reserves the right to change the sale price and product order limits at any time. All sales are final.
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

I really want another Teela and BG Teela. I work on Wednesday, Monday, and Tuesday, so I'm sure if either shows up it will be then.

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    So what does this mean? We have to be in front of our PCs 24 hours a day for a few days waiting for items to pop in at a discount?
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

I'm hoping for some discounted Panthor and Skeletor goodness! And I hope there's some TP He-Man leftovers!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by the.overlord View Post
    So what does this mean? We have to be in front of our PCs 24 hours a day for a few days waiting for items to pop in at a discount?
    That's what happened last year and separate shipping galore.

Flash sales are only on the Monday.

So if something is up for sale from Wednesday, you have to decide whether to go for it, or wait and see if it drops even further in price on the Monday.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

The lack of combined shipping on their flash sales completely negates any savings. I wish they'd listened to the criticism from last time.

Heroic Warrior
    Hmmmm. I would only be after any re-issues that came out in 2012. Do they ever put stuff out from the previous year?

Heroic Warrior
    Not keen on the "flash sales and special pricing [which] will come and go" part for Monday, 26 November 2012.

But everything else sounds good.

I don't even know what I'd want, maybe Optikk since I don't own him. Everything else I ever wanted I own.

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    The lack of combined shipping on their flash sales completely negates any savings. I wish they'd listened to the criticism from last time.
    Not for international fans. I have all figures shipped seperate anyway due to customs.

Last year I bought 2x Man At Arms for the price of 1! and then swapped one for Webstor! It's worth doubling up on a figure during the flash sale on monday and then trading one of them with a fellow fan for another you need The trick is to save on shipping with the same figure.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

I'm going to take my chances with the "Flash Sale" on Monday. Unless Teela is on sale on Wednesday, I'll buy her even at full price.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Note that it says "saving up to 30%"... so it doesnt mean that all items will be 30% off, some items may only be 10%
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I don't even know what I'd want, maybe Optikk since I don't own him. Everything else I ever wanted I own.
    You mean that there is a MOTUC figure you don't own?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by the.overlord View Post
    No... the "flash sales" will only occur during Monday (and probably US business hours PST like last year)
    Kowl, the know it owl!

Looks like there might not even be any info. to what's being sold until the sale actually starts as it doesn't give a time in regard to what's being sold and only states it as early in the morning, the same as the sale.

Let the pandemonium and chaos begin!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    You mean that there is a MOTUC figure you don't own?
    Optikk and Mighty Spector.

Bah. Too much work to me.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    So when they'll announce wich product?
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Well I need quite a few. Any of these will interest me: Beastman, Mer-Man, Teela, Tri-Klops, Whiplash, Battleground Evil-Lyn, Man-E-Faces and Kobra Khan.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

With flash sales I won't be able to combine shipping on my purchases and the random aspect of it punishes those of us who will be at work. Lame.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Some helpful clarification for everyone:

Our “Better Than Black Friday” Sale Starts 11/21 at 9 a.m. PT ... Be here at 9:00 a.m. PT on Wednesday morning November 21st and we’ll have items from some of your favorite lines at savings up to 30% off!
    The basic sale begins Wednesday 21 November at 0900 PACIFIC (PST).
    The items may be discounted "up to 30% off"... This means some items could be 10% , 15%, etc... up to 30%

The sale continues for six days, ending at 9:00 a.m. PT on Tuesday morning, November 27th.
    The sale lasts from Wednesday 21 November morning though Tuesday 27 November morning.

And be sure you check in often on Monday November 26th because flash sales and special pricing will come and go* and you never know what you might find!
    The changing flash sales will ONLY occur during the day Monday, 26 November. Just like last year. These items will not be announced.

Want to know what will be on sale? Come back to MattyCollector.com on Wednesday morning 11/21!
    The items available for the full 6 days will not be announced until the sale starts on Wednesday, 21 September at 0900 PST.
    Kowl, the know it owl!

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    Wow... Matty Sale FAIL.

At the VERY least they could tell us who will be listed an when the items will be listed... that way we can plan to show at certain times we want to try for items... I personally refuse to babysit there sale page for 6 days "hoping" for items that may never show.

I think I would rather pay more on the secondary market, just to be able to do my figure buying on my own terms for items that I want.

Thoughts and opinions everyone?
    You'd only need to watch the sales page 6 days for pricing. Wednesday, they will likely put the items up at 10% off and the same items will stay up until sold out. They will likely reduce further as the week progresses (10%, 20% then 30% off etc...)

Monday, however you WILL have to keep an eye on the site during business hours for the flash sale. Last year, each hour a different figure went up for half price. After the hour was up it came down and the next went up. I believe this happened between 9am-5pm west coast time. So 12 midday to 8pm eastern time and 5pm-1am UK time. Last year I thought it was fun (but then UK and European fans are in a better position to participate due to the time difference)

Certain figures like Teela and Tri-Klops (if they appear) will go fast, so they are the ones worth picking up, even if only 10% off. Others such as Palace Guards, Bubble Power She-Ra, King Hsss etc... it's worth waiting it out for, for maximum savings! The general rule is the older the release, the more likely there is little stock of.

Unfortunately I will be working, but the only figure I am searching for at this point is Teela anyway.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Optikk and Mighty Spector.
    Why don't you have those two figures?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela