Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/21/2012 - black friday sale announced!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    I have a bad feeling that highly sought-after Castle Grayskullman, that so many people unexpectedly missed last week, might be one of the surprise items appearing and disappearing in the blink of an eye during the Cyber Monday flash sales.

In which way would it be unfair to sub holders and DoS buyers? Was it unfair to sub holders that they also sold him DoS to non-sub holders? CGM is a regular release, not a sub exclusive. Will releasing more stock hurt those who were lucky enough to buy him last week before the unexpectedly quick sell-out, except in that they might then make less of an astronomical profit from scalping the not-so-lucky fans on a figure that happened to be in higher demand than expected? I feel no sorrow for scalpers if their unethical business gets ruined.
    It may not be the original poster's intent, but unless they specifically made some for this sale, Mattel typically will be selling leftover (not likely with sell-out time) or reserved for customer service stock. Thus, for figures like Castle Grayskullman which probably haven't even arrived to a lot of customers (especially international colletors), I would not expect it to be present. If it was and there were any issues, that would definitely not be fair to subscribers or day of sale buyers to have all CS stock sold.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    It may not be the original poster's intent, but unless they specifically made some for this sale, Mattel typically will be selling leftover (not likely with sell-out time) or reserved for customer service stock. Thus, for figures like Castle Grayskullman which probably haven't even arrived to a lot of customers (especially international colletors), I would not expect it to be present. If it was and there were any issues, that would definitely not be fair to subscribers or day of sale buyers to have all CS stock sold.
    I highly doubt they placed all of the produced figures (minus the sub-holder's and CS stock) on sale last week. Matty typically puts only a fraction of their available stock up for sale at a time. Most of all "reissues" are simply stock from the original production that was reserved for later-date sales, even in the case of many figures with "The Original" burst (in fact, most of those were specifically produced, as part of the one and only run, to be reserved for later sales, and only a handful come from actual second factory runs).

Plus, the CS stock is really only for domestic customers, most of whom received their figures before the sale date or just days after it. International customers like me have a snowball's chance in hell of getting a replacement figure should one request it after the figure arrives 1+ month after the sale date, and it would actually turn out to be costlier than simply buying a second one on the secondary market, given that Matty makes the customer pay for the return shipping charges and the replacement figure is then sent through registered mail that ensures it gets sorely stung by customs. And, anyway, it would be Mattel's responsibility to ensure they have enough CS stock.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    @uaxuctum
    Ash said it all ! My message was only for customer service purposes. I live in France, and my figures have not arrived yet (and it may take up to 3-4 weeks to arrive). So If mines might be defective I would ask for a new ones. I would be pretty upset If Mattel answer me "Sorry, we don't have any stock for this figure, the rest were sold during black friday. We can only offer you a refund"
    After, if they sale it during Black Friday with a rebates, I would be disapointed, but hey! it's the game and this is part of the rules so you have to deal with that.

Best regards

Edit : As for the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales, I just say that I completly agree with those sales! The prices on the market will change just after Black friday starts on Mattycollector! The market is going to "colapse". May be for 1 week, but the avaibility of some characters will be higher. So... In your face Scalpers!
    Last edited by musclor.fr.st; November 20, 2012 at 08:07am.
    Musclor

http://www.maitresdelunivers.org aka http://www.musclor.fr.st : open!!!

Good deals with : Markatisu , Bigdaddy51200 , Hopebrady , Zodak74 , Lady Angora , 10incher

Click here to watch my feedbacks

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by musclor.fr.st View Post
    @uaxuctum
    Ash said it all ! My message was only for customer service purposes. I live in France, and my figures have not arrived yet (and it may take up to 3-4 weeks to arrive). So If mines might be defective I would ask for a new ones. I would be pretty upset If Mattel answer me "Sorry, we don't have any stock for this figure, the rest were sold during black friday. We can only offer you a refund"
    After, if they sale it during Black Friday with a rebates, I would be disapointed, but hey! it's the game and this is part of the rules so you have to deal with that.

Best regards ;-)
    Their most likely answer would be: "Sorry, but returns and replacements may only be requested within 30-days of the sale date", and in the unlikely case that you get your figures before the guarantee expiration date, they'll demand that you pay for the hefty return shipping charges yourself. You'll be much better off buying a second one and using the defective one for spare parts and customs.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I would guess you will see things from late last year through about June this year.

No way will CG man be included in this sale.

Why would Mattel hold back stock of an item that they could have sold out of at full price only to put it on sale a week or so later?

Like the above poster said - I reckon it will be figs from Aug 11 - June 12 if they have any left.

Heroic Warrior
    My feelings is that it will only be figures from January up to October. I really cannot see CGM, Dekker or Randor for sale so quickly. Plus most people have not received there figures yet so I am sure Mattel will not sell any remaining stock just yet to ensure they have some for replacements for later. Sucks but fair.

Goon

Heroic Warrior
    I don't undestand how is gonna be this year Black Friday.
    Matty says they start sales on Wednesday 21st though 27th, but they will make available selected figures only once in this period o the can come out more the once? I mean, if I buy a figure with a slight discount on the 21st, is thre a chance it can come back few days later with a greater discount?

Nice im pumped..now i can grab some custom fodder!!

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I hope to find in this sale Mantenna and Modulok!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHeaven View Post
    I don't undestand how is gonna be this year Black Friday.
    Matty says they start sales on Wednesday 21st though 27th, but they will make available selected figures only once in this period o the can come out more the once? I mean, if I buy a figure with a slight discount on the 21st, is thre a chance it can come back few days later with a greater discount?
    Last black Friday they started with a 10% discount or something like that, some figures became sold out quickly and others remain til Monday, then for example the palace guards and Queen Marlena were available at greater discount on Monday. So this is a gamble, you can buy quickly or you can wait. Then on Monday they put some figures like MAA, Triklops and Webstor in a one hour window at 50%, so it is then when you have to pay attention. My guess is that they have a lot of left over stock that could explain why this sale is extended for 6 days. Mostly for sure the essentials will be at a greater discount on the whole sale.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    I hope to find in this sale Mantenna and Modulok!
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

Heroic Warrior
    Well

I already know what I am grabbing tomorrow out of the essentials, if any of my wish list figures come up for sale I will more than likely grab them as well. I am going to do my best to not miss out on any of them plus also to grab some custom fodder. The only solace I can take I guess is that more people will have them here for trade or sale for later.

Goon

Here's hoping I can snag an extra Zodak!
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Too early for Castle Grayskull Man. They should have customer stock for replacements. People are barely getting their orders in and international customers won't get theirs til a few more weeks, so it'd unlikely.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah Zodak forgot about him. I need to snag a couple for the armour and boots!

Goon

Quote Originally Posted by The Goon View Post
    Yeah Zodak forgot about him. I need to snag a couple for the armour and boots!

Goon
    I just need one for Zodak. I missed him when he was on sale a while back.

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    I could use an extra Horde Prime if he was discounted. I really like the look of the UK HP head, however I REALLY like the "SAURON" type feel of the helmeted HP too. Besides sdcc King Greyskull and maybe a Teela or 3 Im all caught up.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    I have no idea how this is gunna work with shipping over X days.... its gunna end up more money than buying everything at cost and bundling.

In any case I might pick up Sir Laser Lot and Spector now. Laser Lot grew on me and Spector has A LOT of customizable features that could make him a good figure, new logo, new head etc. Id even pick up the Star Sister and Wind Raider if they go down to 20 dollars each....

But sadly with work I have no idea how this is gunna happen........
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

I would assume they hold figures as CSS for a minimum of 60 - 90 days. So figues older than this we will see and ones around this time frame we will not.

Fisto we should not because, if I am correct, there where Sub. holders who did not even get a Fisto. Customers where told "there is no CSS for Fisto". However, ya' never know...

I think we'll see the likes of He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak, Beast-Man, Merman, Buzz-Off, Battle Cat, Panthor,(the main staples) go for the 6 day period and then the "customer favorites" for CM. The day of Cyber Monday you'll see a bigger discount. Then the last day you will see the biggest discount on any of these figures that remain.

I'm thinking the smartest thing to do is hold out for Monday. This will allow for the greatest cost savings. This is where the figures are great! Also, it would allow for combined shipping. Not completly, but better.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    If we see Fisto during this sale at anytime (though I would love it) I think you would see some pretty peeved customers!
    Yeah I think it's pretty much a given that we WON'T be seeing Fisto on sale. Otherwise I fear a big backlash from fans! I believe we were told all stock of him was depleted back in Feb/March, so I think he's one to add to the gone for good list
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Heroic Warrior
    Well if Fisto is not a huge deal for me. I do want him but it is not the end of the world. I keep missing him in the marketplace by a few minutes so hopefully I will finally get a chance to own one. Now Webstor on the other hand......

Goon

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Plus, the CS stock is really only for domestic customers, most of whom received their figures before the sale date or just days after it. International customers like me have a snowball's chance in hell of getting a replacement figure should one request it after the figure arrives 1+ month after the sale date, and it would actually turn out to be costlier than simply buying a second one on the secondary market, given that Matty makes the customer pay for the return shipping charges and the replacement figure is then sent through registered mail that ensures it gets sorely stung by customs. And, anyway, it would be Mattel's responsibility to ensure they have enough CS stock.
    Well I'm in the UK and I got replacements in the past at no extra cost to myself. What your saying is completely untrue.

As for Castle Grayskullman, I highly doubt he will be part of the sale. I think it will only be figures from August 2012 and earlier. The September, October and November figures from this year are very unlikely to appear. I expect to see figures like Palace Guards, Gygor, Vykron, Horde Prime and Star Sisters to be the ones offered in abundance. Basically the ones nobody wants other than the hardcore who already own them.

The flash sales figures will be probably be the ones with very limited customer service stock (Teela, Tri-Klops, Webstor, Whiplash, Man-E-Faces, Trap Jaw, Sorceress, Kobra Khan, Catra, Bow, Hurricane Hordak etc...)
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

If Fisto shows up I will boycott Snake Mountain next year.

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    If Fisto shows up I will boycott Snake Mountain next year.
    What about Starship Eternia in 2016?
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.