Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/21/2012 - black friday sale announced!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Well I'm in the UK and I got replacements in the past at no extra cost to myself. What your saying is completely untrue.

As for Castle Grayskullman, I highly doubt he will be part of the sale. I think it will only be figures from August 2012 and earlier. The September, October and November figures from this year are very unlikely to appear. I expect to see figures like Palace Guards, Gygor, Vykron, Horde Prime and Star Sisters to be the ones offered in abundance. Basically the ones nobody wants other than the hardcore who already own them.

The flash sales figures will be probably be the ones with very limited customer service stock (Teela, Tri-Klops, Webstor, Whiplash, Man-E-Faces, Trap Jaw, Sorceress, Kobra Khan, Catra, Bow, Hurricane Hordak etc...)
    I Agree

I am pretty sure your bang on when it comes to what is available. I will be very surprised if we get gems right away. But we could be wrong. My feelings is that now with everyone saying that the line is coming to a close (sad really) we may actually see anything and everything on sale this year so that they can move out all the remaining stock. That way they will have more space in the warehouse for other future toylines as well as for anything left over from the 2013 figures.

Toyguru already has stated that as of 2013 there will be less re-issues of past figures throughout the course of the year. With that being said, I think we will be seeing A LOT of product this coming few days.

Well I'm in the UK and I got replacements in the past at no extra cost to myself. What your saying is completely untrue.
    Completely untrue? First of all, it was other people who reported that they got charged for the return shipping costs; so you're calling them liars. Secondly, you're lucky if your figures regularly arrive within the 30-day window so you can request a replacement. Just today (36 days after the sale) I finally received Cy-Chop and the Weapons Pack, and I'm still waiting for Rattlor, Frosta, Poison Ivy, King Grayskull, BA He-Man and Trap Jaw; so even if I needed a replacement (I've had my DB Skeletor come with ugly paint issues and a totally messed-up half-unprinted minicomic), I'll be out of luck.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Does anyone think TOD Sorceress would go up for sale during this time?

Quote Originally Posted by aey103 View Post
    No, her leftover stock will be sold in December.

Hmmmm...

Didnt they run out of her before a matty DOS?

I think regular sorceress is a good chance for a flash sale.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    Well theres that answer.

I guess they have to have the actual sale first.
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Usually, during black friday and cyber monday you don't have new items. ONly items which were available previously o n mattycollecotr.

So you will have to wait until December the 17th if they still have some in stock
    Musclor

http://www.maitresdelunivers.org aka http://www.musclor.fr.st : open!!!

Good deals with : Markatisu , Bigdaddy51200 , Hopebrady , Zodak74 , Lady Angora , 10incher

Click here to watch my feedbacks

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    That is what I thought I remember reading on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Hmmmm...

Didnt they run out of her before a matty DOS?

I think regular sorceress is a good chance for a flash sale.

- - - Updated - - -

Well theres that answer.

I guess they have to have the actual sale first.
    I think they completely sold out of Fisto and Sorceress. You can't even get an exchange for them.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
    I think they completely sold out of Fisto and Sorceress. You can't even get an exchange for them.
    I went to Digital River headquarters to complain about missing those two from my subscription, and they told me in person that there was no way they could get them to me.

Kind of hoping for a 2nd Stinkor to display him with the other head.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    Kind of hoping for a 2nd Stinkor to display him with the other head.
    I want so many, I need to win the lottery tonight.

BA Faker maybe? I wish
    I do hope though that they offer some JLU figures at half the price. I wanted to get another Castle Grayskull Man, but I doubt it shall be on sale again
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    Hint? According to this page, the following items are listed as "Coming Soon":

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...oryID.12422000

• Vykron™ “Tank Top”
    • Vykron™ “Space Ace”
    • Catra
    • Snout Spout
    • Battleground Evil-Lyn
    • Mer-Man
    • Faker
    • Battle Armor Skeletor
    • Zodak
    • Temple of Darkness Sorceress
    • Stratos
    • Man-At-Arms
    • Webstor
    • Princess Adora
    • Trap Jaw
    • Moss Man
    • Keldor
    • Count Marzo
    • King Grayskull
    • Buzz Off
    • Sy-Klone
    • The Faceless One
    • Battleground Teela
    • Clawful
    • Queen Marlena
    • Man-E-Faces

(and I'd bookmarked the page yesterday and NONE of them were listed as coming soon)

If it's a sign of what will actually be on sale, I'm psyched about potentially grabbing the Snout Spout I missed plus TOD Sorceress!

Updated... Found a few more "coming soon" on these pages:

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...oryID.35306800
    http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...oryID.52440400

• Draego Man
    • Fearless Photog
    • Hurricane Hordak
    • Leech
    • The Mighty Spector
    • Icarius

I claim no responsibility though if some or none of these wind up being part of the sale!!!
    Last edited by He-Mangar; November 20, 2012 at 06:23pm.

What about the people that actually have a job and are at work at 9AM???

It would make more sense on Friday when more people are off and because it's Black Friday

Way to go Matty!

Once again all of the re-sellers will get the good figures and the one's that people need will be gone...

Mismanaged again.....

Snappy Threader
    Fooey, no Tri-Klops....at least Buzz Off is on there......I owuld bet based on the past, that those listings are on par for what will be sold.....

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Completely untrue? First of all, it was other people who reported that they got charged for the return shipping costs; so you're calling them liars.
    Charged for return shipping? How? Seriously you cannot charge a customer for returning defective product. I'm afraid your gonna have to quote these folks who are being charged for returns...

Secondly, you're lucky if your figures regularly arrive within the 30-day window so you can request a replacement. Just today (36 days after the sale) I finally received Cy-Chop and the Weapons Pack, and I'm still waiting for Rattlor, Frosta, Poison Ivy, King Grayskull, BA He-Man and Trap Jaw; so even if I needed a replacement (I've had my DB Skeletor come with ugly paint issues and a totally messed-up half-unprinted minicomic), I'll be out of luck.
    I just got Rattlor today. My figures do not arrive within 30 days, but I still managed to get a replacement Swiftwind. Legally Mattel/DR have to replace a defective item or provide a full refund. I don't care what new garbage Toyguru decides to make up. Perhaps the distance selling laws are different country to country, but I know under UK law I'm covered.
    10 figures I still need: 10/Peekablue, 9/Sssqueeze, 8/Lizard Man, 7/Hunga the Harpy, 6/Gwildor, 5/Filmation Clawful, 4/Mermista, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Wow, there are definitely a few I would be willing to get right away if they pop up Draego Man, Webstor, Catra, and Moss Man. Also interested in Faker, Marlena, Fearless Photog, MAA, Man-E-Faces, and Clawful, but could wait for a flash sale on those.

Charged for return shipping? How? Seriously you cannot charge a customer for returning defective product. I'm afraid your gonna have to quote these folks who are being charged for returns...
    They did not charge them directly, they simply did not pay them for the return shipping charges, so they had to bear that cost themselves. Those reports are in the DR complaints thread, if I remember correctly, but I'm sorry I'm not going to wade through over a thousand posts to dig them out. The affected people may speak out for themselves here to confirm it.

I just got Rattlor today. My figures do not arrive within 30 days, but I still managed to get a replacement Swiftwind. Legally Mattel/DR have to replace a defective item or provide a full refund. I don't care what new garbage Toyguru decides to make up. Perhaps the distance selling laws are different country to country, but I know under UK law I'm covered.
    Legally, they have a notice in their FAQ stating their products have a 30-day money-back guarantee from the day of purchase. Plus, you're not buying the figures in the UK, you're buying them (telematically) in the US and importing them into the UK. MattyCollector is a US-based business that abides by US (and international) laws, not by UK laws. It's you, as the importer, the one who has to pay the applicable import tariffs and make sure you're complying with UK law when importing these toys into UK soil.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

They did not charge them directly, they simply did not pay them for the return shipping charges, so they had to bear that cost themselves. Those reports are in the DR complaints thread, if I remember correctly, but I'm sorry I'm not going to wade through over a thousand posts to dig them out. The affected people may speak out for themselves here to confirm it.
    Ah, I see. Well it's best NOT to post stuff back unless you get a postage paid label or confirmation they will definately refund return shipping.

Legally, they have a notice in their FAQ stating their products have a 30-day money-back guarantee from the day of purchase. Plus, you're not buying the figures in the UK, you're buying them (telematically) in the US and importing them into the UK. MattyCollector is a US-based business that abides by US (and international) laws, not by UK laws. It's you, as the importer, the one who has to pay the applicable import tariffs and make sure you're complying with UK law when importing these toys into UK soil.
    Dude, that just isn't how it works. I pay by a UK issued credit card whose protection applies to UK and International purchases. Matty can write as many FAQ as they want. If a company does not comply with the distance selling regulations and refuses to rectify the problem, then my bank will do a chargeback. However like I said, I've never had any problems with Matty/DR, so it's never come down to that. I've been buying and selling online internationally since 2000, so I know what I'm talking about in regards to my rights. Unless your familiar with the UK credit and consumer act, then you have no argument.
    10 figures I still need: 10/Peekablue, 9/Sssqueeze, 8/Lizard Man, 7/Hunga the Harpy, 6/Gwildor, 5/Filmation Clawful, 4/Mermista, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Dude, that just isn't how it works. I pay by a UK issued credit card whose protection applies to UK and International purchases. Matty can write as many FAQ as they want. If a company does not comply with the distance selling regulations and refuses to rectify the problem, then my bank will do a chargeback. However like I said, I've never had any problems with Matty/DR, so it's never come down to that. I've been buying and selling online internationally since 2000, so I know what I'm talking about in regards to my rights. Unless your familiar with the UK credit and consumer act, then you have no argument.
    You're mixing two different things: the foreign online store and your domestic credit card issuer. The foreign store abides by the laws of the country it is based in, and so does your credit card issuer. Since your credit card issuer is based in the UK, it abides by UK laws. But MattyCollector is based in the US and abides by US laws. Your UK-based credit card issuer may refund you for your purchase if that's what you're entitled to by UK laws. But if MattyCollector has complied with US laws, they are entitled to litigate with you and/or your credit card issuer to have their payment fulfilled. By doing business with MattyCollector.com, or with Amazon.com for that matter, you're agreeing to the laws of the place that business is based in (the US, and specifically the California and Washington states, respectively), not the other way round. In fact, if you do business with Amazon.co.uk, even though that webstore is totally geared towards the UK clientele, you'd actually be agreeing to the laws of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg (the fiscal paradise they're based in); although, in this case, because of the European Economic Area agreements, the UK consumer protection rights would be applicable if they are more favourable to the UK customer.

Anyway, we're straying far into off-topic.

The flash sales are "fun" but just stink because you end up placing 10 different orders and get killed by the shipping. I also don't have time to fool around on cyber Monday. I have a work.
    Last edited by Buzzchuck; November 20, 2012 at 09:14pm.
    Support the 2014 Subscription Video

Action Figure Adventures: a blog about toys and everything related to them. Check out our stop motion animated series featuring 80's and 90's toys.

Everything I know of refunds and shipping is the 30 days begins when the product is in your hands....they can't count shipping time as time the consumer has had with the product, the 30 days starts when the product shows as delivered, the Matty computers know exactly when your item arrived if they were to look it up, I know, because the USPS "misplaced" one of my shipments, and I contacted Matty, they knew exactly when that item was supposed to be delivered, and when the USPS found it....they knew, because I got an E-mail from Matty saying the claim was resolved because they knew it got delivered.... You have 30 days from the time the product shows delivered to make your claim.

But as many know, the CS stock is often gone long before you international guys even get your stuff, per the case of Fisto.

HTS is like this, BBTS is like this, and Matty is like this, my friend returned something, and he even asked because it was 30 days from the last sale date, and he was told he still had like another 7 days, because it was his shipping time that delayed the 30 day window.

Anyway, I may be looking into Catra & Buzz Off....maybe Photog, but, it depends on the discounts....
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; November 20, 2012 at 10:00pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Everything I know of refunds and shipping is the 30 days begins when the product is in your hands....they can't count shipping time as time the consumer has had with the product, the 30 days starts when the product shows as delivered, the Matty computers know exactly when your item arrived if they were to look it up, I know, because the USPS "misplaced" one of my shipments, and I contacted Matty, they knew exactly when that item was supposed to be delivered, and when the USPS found it....they knew, because I got an E-mail from Matty saying the claim was resolved because they knew it got delivered.... You have 30 days from the time the product shows delivered to make your claim.

But as many know, the CS stock is often gone long before you international guys even get your stuff, per the case of Fisto.

HTS is like this, BBTS is like this, and Matty is like this, my friend returned something, and he even asked because it was 30 days from the last sale date, and he was told he still had like another 7 days, because it was his shipping time that delayed the 30 day window....regardless if someone was told something different that is an operator by operator case, as in most good or bad DR transactions.
    When did matty start doing 30 day return rule? I had a Roboto for a reeeeally long time, before I even noticed his heart piece was missing in his chest. They sent me a replacement without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    When did matty start doing 30 day return rule? I had a Roboto for a reeeeally long time, before I even noticed his heart piece was missing in his chest. They sent me a replacement without any problems.
    To be honest I really don't know, I think it was always there, I've only been buying from Matty for a little over a year now, so I don't really know.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Mangar View Post
    Hint? According to this page, the following items are listed as "Coming Soon":

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...oryID.12422000

• Vykron™ “Tank Top”
    • Vykron™ “Space Ace”
    • Catra
    • Snout Spout
    • Battleground Evil-Lyn
    • Mer-Man
    • Faker
    • Battle Armor Skeletor
    • Zodak
    • Temple of Darkness Sorceress
    • Stratos
    • Man-At-Arms
    • Webstor
    • Princess Adora
    • Trap Jaw
    • Moss Man
    • Keldor
    • Count Marzo
    • King Grayskull
    • Buzz Off
    • Sy-Klone
    • The Faceless One
    • Battleground Teela
    • Clawful
    • Queen Marlena
    • Man-E-Faces

(and I'd bookmarked the page yesterday and NONE of them were listed as coming soon)

If it's a sign of what will actually be on sale, I'm psyched about potentially grabbing the Snout Spout I missed plus TOD Sorceress!

Updated... Found a few more "coming soon" on these pages:

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...oryID.35306800
    http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...oryID.52440400

• Draego Man
    • Fearless Photog
    • Hurricane Hordak
    • Leech
    • The Mighty Spector
    • Icarius

I claim no responsibility though if some or none of these wind up being part of the sale!!!
    Yeah... They are also listed with a warning message that they may not be available again in the future !
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !