Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354
Results 1,326 to 1,342 of 1342

Thread: 11/21/2012 - black friday sale announced!!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    So did any of the "rarer" figures make it to the sale? Teela, Scareglow, Tri-Klops, Zodac, He-Ro, King Randor etc?
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    So did any of the "rarer" figures make it to the sale? Teela, Scareglow, Tri-Klops, Zodac, He-Ro, King Randor etc?
    Nope sadly. I was really hoping to snag another Teela too. I would have grabbed another Beast Man and Kobra Khan if they would have been offered as well. No such luck but life goes on.

I just broke down and purchased a second Vykron. This way I can display all three versions of the character using my extra Tri-Klops. Teela was one of the sale items in last years Black Friday so after missing out on her I don't want to have another regret next year.

In the end this was a very inexpensive sale for me since all I grabbed was a TOD Sorc and another Vykron. I am happy to see though that some people who just started the line were able to expand their collections.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

I'm waiting till the wee hours of the sale hoping for something big like last year....

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Swift Wind SOLD OUT!

That's curious. I see BGEL as more Filmation-like than the yellow-skinned one. None actually match her Filmation colors, but BGEL has a cape and her helmetless white-haired head seen in one episode, and her pale skin seems somewhat more natural-looking than that vivid yellow (though I wish we could get an EL variant with flesh skin tone as in Filmation).

Well, some people don't have a mortgage nor children. Plus I had been anticipating this sale since months ago, and see it as something of a one-time thing. I'm catching up and basically this my last chance at getting non-"essentials" MotuC figures at reasonable prices before next year's significant price hike and before Matty stock depletes of older figures. Too bad I couldn't fill more holes in my collection since they didn't offer Teela, Scareglow, Whiplash, Roboto, vintage Randor... Getting all those from secondary sources is probably going to hurt my wallet more than buying over two dozen figures at clearance prices during this sale.

I can now confirm it's truly DR who's putting absurd hurdles to placing more than 6-7 orders per day. I placed 6 orders during the flash sales, and I've now tried placing additional orders for Panthor and Palace Guards after transferring more funds into my card, but I keep getting this Payment Authorization Failure message.

This must be one of Matty/DR's dumbest moves, considering that Cyber Monday had 8 flash sales. I had called their Customer Service on Wednesday when after my first 7 orders I got mired in this payment authorization failure crap, and according to them everything was fine with my account, there was no block or flag or anything. Their solution: try waiting 24 hours and retry the purchase again—but they did not state, clarify or hint at anything about there being a daily purchase limit on their store (I thought they were implying my card issuer was placing a limit on consecutive payments to prevent fraud). Then I had to wait about 30 hours to be allowed to purchase again on Matty, all the way thinking it was a problem at my bank's side.

DR always finding new ways to screw up their customers. Thankfully I managed to order Marlena just before this daily ordering limit crap befell me again. I would have been unspeakably mad at DR had I missed her because of their stupid ordering limit, after having waited for her during the whole BF/CM sale.
    I guess they don't want money.....oh wait, they make it up in shipping anyway.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

It took me until now to find out whether or not Bow had gone up because of how the forums were shut down I've been on the edge of my seat since I went offline Monday night.

I wish Matty would say things very directly and clearly without any confusion. They know that we mistrust them and that they're done things at the last second that threw us into a frenzy, especially last year during Cyber Monday. So for them to say "We really, really won't be putting up anything else on sale after time X. Really!" would be helpful. I feel badly for those who stayed up waiting, and lord knows if I wasn't otherwise occupied, I might have done the same. Because you can never really take what they say at face value, can you?

That said, I'm glad they did the sale. Or rather, I will be once my Adora shows up (five weeks from now!) and I see she doesn't have major Quality Control issues. I'm really hoping my sword of Protection isn't bent or warped. But it'll be nice to finally have her. I was beyond excited when she was first announced, but the whole "Granny Panties" issue irked me to no end, so I held off on getting her.

is the grandma pants problem fixed on the reissue adora?
    only have the first run at home.
    A new Motu line, again at last!

Swift Wind SOLD OUT!

That's curious. I see BGEL as more Filmation-like than the yellow-skinned one. None actually match her Filmation colors, but BGEL has a cape and her helmetless white-haired head seen in one episode, and her pale skin seems somewhat more natural-looking than that vivid yellow (though I wish we could get an EL variant with flesh skin tone as in Filmation).

Well, some people don't have a mortgage nor children. Plus I had been anticipating this sale since months ago, and see it as something of a one-time thing. I'm catching up and basically this my last chance at getting non-"essentials" MotuC figures at reasonable prices before next year's significant price hike and before Matty stock depletes of older figures. Too bad I couldn't fill more holes in my collection since they didn't offer Teela, Scareglow, Whiplash, Roboto, vintage Randor... Getting all those from secondary sources is probably going to hurt my wallet more than buying over two dozen figures at clearance prices during this sale.

I can now confirm it's truly DR who's putting absurd hurdles to placing more than 6-7 orders per day. I placed 6 orders during the flash sales, and I've now tried placing additional orders for Panthor and Palace Guards after transferring more funds into my card, but I keep getting this Payment Authorization Failure message.

This must be one of Matty/DR's dumbest moves, considering that Cyber Monday had 8 flash sales. I had called their Customer Service on Wednesday when after my first 7 orders I got mired in this payment authorization failure crap, and according to them everything was fine with my account, there was no block or flag or anything. Their solution: try waiting 24 hours and retry the purchase again—but they did not state, clarify or hint at anything about there being a daily purchase limit on their store (I thought they were implying my card issuer was placing a limit on consecutive payments to prevent fraud). Then I had to wait about 30 hours to be allowed to purchase again on Matty, all the way thinking it was a problem at my bank's side.

DR always finding new ways to screw up their customers. Thankfully I managed to order Marlena just before this daily ordering limit crap befell me again. I would have been unspeakably mad at DR had I missed her because of their stupid ordering limit, after having waited for her during the whole BF/CM sale.
    this exact thing happened to me and i tried 3 different credit cards. ultimately i was glad it blocked me because i was just throwing money away at that point. but man what a stupid business to be blocking people on that day from making purchases

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan81 View Post
    is the grandma pants problem fixed on the reissue adora?
    only have the first run at home.
    No Sir ! Adora is & will always be with grandma pants !
    Last edited by TUC138; November 28, 2012 at 02:35pm.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

I waited hoping they might correct it on future releases - no such luck. Pffttt - she's just Adora, right? Why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by manic mailman View Post
    this exact thing happened to me and i tried 3 different credit cards. ultimately i was glad it blocked me because i was just throwing money away at that point. but man what a stupid business to be blocking people on that day from making purchases
    If I had another card that their system would accept, I would have tried setting up a second account (re-register using a different e-mail address, and maybe a slightly reworded name ["John S. Doe" vs "John Smith Doe"] and/or shipping address ["Main Street" vs "Main St."]). It seems they block the user's account; so the block should be lifted, and the order allowed to go through, if placed by a different account (i.e., a "different" customer for the system).

Anyway, if somebody still had any doubt about the cluelessness of Matty/DR on how to conduct business, there's the final proof. They limit the number of orders a legitimate customer may make, and therefore actively decrease their potential profits. And it's not like they're trying to prevent scalpers from hoarding all stock of some desirable product, precisely, because I could have ordered much more product than I did, if only had I ordered it all together (but that would have meant heavy customs stings, so placing a few big orders rather than multiple smaller ones is out the question for many international customers like me). And to crown it all, they place a lower limit on the number of daily orders (6) than the number of flash sales (8) they offer on a Cyber Monday.

Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Widget
    If I had another card that their system would accept, I would have tried setting up a second account (re-register using a different e-mail address, and maybe a slightly reworded name ["John S. Doe" vs "John Smith Doe"] and/or shipping address ["Main Street" vs "Main St."]). It seems they block the user's account; so the block should be lifted, and the order allowed to go through, if placed by a different account (i.e., a "different" customer for the system).

Anyway, if somebody still had any doubt about the cluelessness of Matty/DR on how to conduct business, there's the final proof. They limit the number of orders a legitimate customer may make, and therefore actively decrease their potential profits. And it's not like they're trying to prevent scalpers from hoarding all stock of some desirable product, precisely, because I could have ordered much more product than I did, if only had I ordered it all together (but that would have meant heavy customs stings, so placing a few big orders rather than multiple smaller ones is out the question for many international customers like me). And to crown it all, they place a lower limit on the number of daily orders (6) than the number of flash sales (8) they offer on a Cyber Monday.

http://p.twimg.com/AzC3bswCYAAOmBf.jpg:large
    I tried a similar thing to get a 7th order in, but I was at work during the flash sales and my backup credit card was at home.
    Finally got an email response about the Payment Authorization Failure on Monday last night/this morning, it basically told me to try again in a day or so

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    I can't help but feel annoyed with Matty after yesterday......
    I had been waiting for Cyber Monday to finally get She-Ra & Bubble Power She-Ra, then combine them to make the 'ultimate' She-Ra. I'm not a POP fan (don't hate POP either) so the (IMO) plain looking She-Ra was an easy pass for me originally, and I wasn't prepared to pay full price for both She-Ra's, so getting them both on CM was the only way I was willing to buy them, but regular She-Ra was 'sold out' on Monday.... that's fine, my loss I'm thinking, until......
    Minutes after the CM sale ends on Tuesday, regular She-Ra is magically back in stock (same thing w/ He-man btw). What a slimey thing to do. At least try to hide the fact you didn't want to sell regular She-Ra at the discounted price you claimed you were willing to sell her for Matty. Wait a bit before saying she's no longer 'sold out', do something other that what they did. If She-Ra being sold out on Monday wasn't a blatant lie, then I don't know what is Matty.

It just bugs me when companies do that. If they didn't want to offer her during the sale, then simply don't offer her. But don't imply you would have sold her at a dicounted price if only she hadn't sold out before hand.... then put her back up for sale the moment the sale is over.

Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    I can't help but feel annoyed with Matty after yesterday......
    I had been waiting for Cyber Monday to finally get She-Ra & Bubble Power She-Ra, then combine them to make the 'ultimate' She-Ra. I'm not a POP fan (don't hate POP either) so the (IMO) plain looking She-Ra was an easy pass for me originally, and I wasn't prepared to pay full price for both She-Ra's, so getting them both on CM was the only way I was willing to buy them, but regular She-Ra was 'sold out' on Monday.... that's fine, my loss I'm thinking, until......
    Minutes after the CM sale ends on Tuesday, regular She-Ra is magically back in stock (same thing w/ He-man btw). What a slimey thing to do. At least try to hide the fact you didn't want to sell regular She-Ra at the discounted price you claimed you were willing to sell her for Matty. Wait a bit before saying she's no longer 'sold out', do something other that what they did. If She-Ra being sold out on Monday wasn't a blatant lie, then I don't know what is Matty.

It just bugs me when companies do that. If they didn't want to offer her during the sale, then simply don't offer her. But don't imply you would have sold her at a dicounted price if only she hadn't sold out before hand.... then put her back up for sale the moment the sale is over.
    Now, now... don't you know that Matty can do no wrong? (At least that is the belief of some.) lol

But, yeah, I noticed that too. I was planning to pick up a He-Man at one point during the sale but it was sold out. Then today is magically not sold out. (But some will say we are expecting too much. lol Wait for it... )
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

It's possible they only had so much stock of the essentials set aside for the sale and that specific stock sold out.

But still if that was the case they should have done one of two things, mentioned this or waited a bit longer to 'restock'.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    It's possible they only had so much stock of the essentials set aside for the sale and that specific stock sold out.

But still if that was the case they should have done one of two things, mentioned this or waited a bit longer to 'restock'.
    Can almost guarantee this was the case.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Amazon does the same thing with their lightning deals on a daily basis, they only have so many they are putting up for that price. When the stock that was set aside has sold you can still purchase the product just at the regular price.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

The way the flash sales went was that certain items were offered and then pulled without notice. They used the "sold out" graphic just as a general statement to say that she is no longer being offered. I put a Leech in my cart at 6pm, but didn't finally pull the trigger on it until 9pm. So much for sold out. I actually got my shipping notice for it today. I guess He-man and She-Ra were part of the cyber-monday flash sales too.