Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1342

Thread: 11/21/2012 - black friday sale announced!!!

Arduous question I'm trying to answer.. Who do I get??? BF sale

I have enough funds to snag one last MOTUC figure for the BF sale. I snagged Trap Jaw earlier, but I'm ticked I missed out on Evil-Lyn (yellow) and Keldor.

Sooooo, I have it narrowed down to 2 figs...

BG Evil-Lyn
    Stratos

Which one should I get? Who will be harder to get later? Help!?!?!?!?!
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Riddle was being silly... Whiplash was not part of the sale.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

I like BG Evil Lynn....just my preference though. That's one I picked up. I think she is pretty awesome looking. Plus..it fills a small gap since you missed yellow EL

Good point. I think Stratos is on my mind because he was one of the original Masters and I don't have too many good guys yet.

I do have Faceless One already tho....
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Well if it's one you DON'T have at all.... Stratos can't be an original!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Heroic Warrior
    This one is easy for me BG Evil-Lyn..... to me Stratos is completely boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    Well if it's one you DON'T have at all.... Stratos can't be an original!!!
    Original as-in the original 8 figs from 1982.
    Take it easy,
    Drew

darthdrew13's B/S/T

He came and went so fast I got whiplash

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I would suggest BG Evil-lyn as well. Great figure.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by General Hawk 7 View Post
    I sorta wish I had nabbed a few extras too. I got three, one to keep and two for my BST list. But the extras already got scooped up! (for a SUPER cool trade too! Tickets to a WWE RAW event near us in January! Works out I can take my wife and two of my daughters!)
    I've actually bought all my six CGM with the firm intention of keeping and treasuring them (especially knowing how difficult and expensive it would be to rebuild my little army should I ever let one of them go). I really, genuinely want an army of him, and I was very surprised to learn that Daniel Benedict gave most of his two dozen CGMs away, since he had a unique opportunity at building the most amazing CGM army ever. But I guess he views CGM as the unique single-event unrepeatable-spell thing described in the bio, rather than the army of golem warriors emerging from the castle walls whenever intruders try to get in that I view him as.

I actually wanted to get a seventh one to keep MoC (to eventually give away to a nephew together with a Castle Grayskull), but I got a payment authorization error issue that prevented me from placing any further orders until some 30 hours later.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post

LOL.That was hilarious.

I picked up Mer-Man afterall. Would have added BG Evil-Lyn too had the figures been a couple of $'s cheaper together.

Besides I need to save money now for Beastman and Tri-Klops on the secondary market
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Quote Originally Posted by darthdrew13 View Post
    Sooooo, I have it narrowed down to 2 figs...

BG Evil-Lyn
    Stratos

Which one should I get? Who will be harder to get later? Help!?!?!?!?!
    I have a feeling Stratos might be harder to get later. He's a vintage 8-back, whereas BGEL is a controversial variant.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

BG Evil Lyn is gone. Was debating on getting her and when I decided yes I was denied
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Let's turn it down a couple notches and be more respectful towards each other in this thread. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    BG Evil Lyn is gone. Was debating on getting her and when I decided yes I was denied
    If you go to the essentials page she is still there...

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...isplayHomePage Nevermind, looks like she is gone. I tried adding her, but nothing happened. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    If you go to the essentials page she is still there...

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...isplayHomePage Nevermind, looks like she is gone. I tried adding her, but nothing happened. Sorry.
    I have her in my cart right now, but was gonna wait and see if I could get the yellow one thru the Marketplace. Now what do I do????
    Take it easy,
    Drew

darthdrew13's B/S/T

I have her in my cart right now, but was gonna wait and see if I could get the yellow one thru the Marketplace. Now what do I do????
    That does suck. I guess ebay or a forum member could help?
    A few months ago I scored a BG Evil-lyn for $29 with free shipping off of Ebay. You should have no problem finding her for a cheap price, especially after she was offered for 5 days at $15 on Matty.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    That does suck. I guess ebay or a forum member could help?
    A few months ago I scored a BG Evil-lyn for $29 with free shipping off of Ebay. You should have no problem finding her for a cheap price, especially after she was offered for 5 days at $15 on Matty.

Good luck.
    I actually prefer the yellow Evil-Lyn because I am primarily a Filmation fan. But, I read the 200X comics and I like the Evil-Lyn/Faceless One story arc. Man! I gotta figger sumthin' out!
    Take it easy,
    Drew

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    The only thing I needed was TOD Sorceress and I am glad I was able to get one. With so many characters that went on sale I am surprised I did not get more.

I just wish the original Teela would have been offered. Mine has a loose elbow joint that has irked me since I got her and I wouldn't mind displaying one in snake armor. I really wish I would have grabbed an extra during last years sale. I am a bit surprised that she has never been re-released. She seems core enough to me. If they came out with a version with a waist twist, using the BG Evil Lyn buck, that would be amazing.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Wishing Teela would'a been offered too.
    Take it easy,
    Drew

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post
    I am literally in awe over how you guys can afford to buy so much stuff. And here I am debating whether I should buy Photog/SLL because I have $200 in my account, and even with pay day tomorrow I'm behind on my mortage, have had to push back an electricity bill and have a backlog of $1000 in daycare to pay off.
    AMEN! It's simply stunning. I don't know how people do it.

Ok, so I broke down and picked up Stratos. The choice was made easier when my cart was emptied of BG Evil-Lyn. Guess I left it alone for too long.
    Take it easy,
    Drew

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    I grabbed 99 Wun-Dars, 198 Shadow Weavers (99 X 2) & they stayed about 1 min !!

BTW, I saw Fisto too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Swift Wind SOLD OUT!

I actually prefer the yellow Evil-Lyn because I am primarily a Filmation fan. But, I read the 200X comics and I like the Evil-Lyn/Faceless One story arc. Man! I gotta figger sumthin' out!
    That's curious. I see BGEL as more Filmation-like than the yellow-skinned one. None actually match her Filmation colors, but BGEL has a cape and her helmetless white-haired head seen in one episode, and her pale skin seems somewhat more natural-looking than that vivid yellow (though I wish we could get an EL variant with flesh skin tone as in Filmation).

Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post
    I am literally in awe over how you guys can afford to buy so much stuff. And here I am debating whether I should buy Photog/SLL because I have $200 in my account, and even with pay day tomorrow I'm behind on my mortage, have had to push back an electricity bill and have a backlog of $1000 in daycare to pay off.
    Quote Originally Posted by quigonnoodle View Post
    AMEN! It's simply stunning. I don't know how people do it.
    Well, some people don't have a mortgage nor children. Plus I had been anticipating this sale since months ago, and see it as something of a one-time thing. I'm catching up and basically this my last chance at getting non-"essentials" MotuC figures at reasonable prices before next year's significant price hike and before Matty stock depletes of older figures. Too bad I couldn't fill more holes in my collection since they didn't offer Teela, Scareglow, Whiplash, Roboto, vintage Randor... Getting all those from secondary sources is probably going to hurt my wallet more than buying over two dozen figures at clearance prices during this sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    Any one else getting this payment authorization failed crap or was able to place more then (6) orders? Looks like it's locking me out after 6 orders. What a system considering they don't give you much of a choice. DR at its finest.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan81 View Post
    yes. I could not buy grizzlor after 6 orders! 6 is the magic number.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    Actually I think your account just "refreshed" so to speak as I had this issue once or twice before as well. The site locks you out after 6-8 orders I believe for a certain amount of time and then lets you order again. It could be 8 hrs, it could be 24 hrs. I don't know for sure, but it does let you back eventually.

Sounds like that's what happened to you Wednesday which is why you were able to order again today with out issue, unless you know for SURE that it was in-fact your bank that was causing problems.
    I can now confirm it's truly DR who's putting absurd hurdles to placing more than 6-7 orders per day. I placed 6 orders during the flash sales, and I've now tried placing additional orders for Panthor and Palace Guards after transferring more funds into my card, but I keep getting this Payment Authorization Failure message.

This must be one of Matty/DR's dumbest moves, considering that Cyber Monday had 8 flash sales. I had called their Customer Service on Wednesday when after my first 7 orders I got mired in this payment authorization failure crap, and according to them everything was fine with my account, there was no block or flag or anything. Their solution: try waiting 24 hours and retry the purchase again—but they did not state, clarify or hint at anything about there being a daily purchase limit on their store (I thought they were implying my card issuer was placing a limit on consecutive payments to prevent fraud). Then I had to wait about 30 hours to be allowed to purchase again on Matty, all the way thinking it was a problem at my bank's side.

DR always finding new ways to screw up their customers. Thankfully I managed to order Marlena just before this daily ordering limit crap befell me again. I would have been unspeakably mad at DR had I missed her because of their stupid ordering limit, after having waited for her during the whole BF/CM sale.