Thread: Super 7's Ultimate He-Man Prototype Painted Belt vs the Original Painted Belt

Super 7's Ultimate He-Man Prototype Painted Belt vs the Original Painted Belt

I actually liked the paint job of he-man belt at last year toy convention. I mean after all... they did give Faker orange hair this time and the belt is black instead of the stain steel.

Classic He-Man from Matty Collector

review_motuc1_1-531x800.jpg

Last years Toy Convention - He-Man

Super-7-Masters-of-the-Universe-Classics-He-Man-02-New-York-Comic-Con-2016.jpg

A mock up for the 5 Ultimates

Cx-U-9KXUAAFNti.jpg

The original painted Belt

super7-ultimateeditions-cardfront-heman0_full.jpg

The Later Produce Ad for the Ultimates.

15241943_10154804845655820_6082277053803095158_n.jpg

So what do you guys think? Was the prototype colors better or having the original colors back? Me personally i prefer the prototype because the belt match the bracers perfectly.

I like what super 7 has done with the belt in the proto ultimate pictures. It actually matches the original 4 horsemen deco shown in 2008. Motuc Battle armor he-man was shown with this paint app on the belt as well before release. For some reason mattel changed the deco and added the red gems when both figures were produced.
    Last edited by suckator; February 16, 2017 at 12:19pm.

I'd say to ignore those Ultimate Edition packaging mockups. I say that because I'm the guy who did the mockups, and in the rush to get them done, I didn't get all the color apps digitally applied (sorry!)

If you want to compare belts, I'd recommend comparing the prototype at the Super7 NYCC booth against the existing Classics versions.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I'd say to ignore those Ultimate Edition packaging mockups. I say that because I'm the guy who did the mockups, and in the rush to get them done, I didn't get all the color apps digitally applied (sorry!)

If you want to compare belts, I'd recommend comparing the prototype at the Super7 NYCC booth against the existing Classics versions.
    So is that a maybe we might get the prototype belt after all? *fingerscrossed*

That's good news!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

I managed to score a He-Man 2.0 reissue that was missing the red circles. (One instance where a factory error resulted in an improvement.) His belt looks great in solid orange. The two tone orange still looks better than those stupid red circles. But solid orange looks great. Sometimes less is more.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

not that i'll ever be able to get one but I definately saw the reversed belt colours as super adding to the "must have"-ness of the Ultimate version. Looks better too, so I hope it is production.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    not that i'll ever be able to get one but I definately saw the reversed belt colours as super adding to the "must have"-ness of the Ultimate version. Looks better too, so I hope it is production.
    I completely agree with this.
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Screenshot_59.jpg So from the looks of the picture, it looks like its going to be a one tone paint like the vintage belt. Heres a better pic of the new belt color. Toy-Fair-2017-Super-7-MOTU-059.jpg
    Last edited by Vasculio294; February 19, 2017 at 10:49am.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    I really hope that twistoid and rotar turn up in the ultimates series as they sold out fast on matty and subscribers were supposed to have a chance of getting them first and didnt.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

I liked the way the belt was painted when they FIRST showed the Ultimate Editions at last year's toy convention, because the belt was different. But with each subsequent showing, it was the same as the original MOTUC release. I would have bought one if they had kept the belt different...
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!" - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

WANT: Twiggets, Hunga, Josh, Joya/Bubblerina, King Ahgo, Wise Old Wizardess,
    Crimson Fury, Melog, Kowla, Red Eye, Staghorn, ALL New Adventures, Sharella,
    Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,
    MYP Sorceress, King Miro, Songster, Scrollos, Kayla, Skeleteen

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I liked the way the belt was painted when they FIRST showed the Ultimate Editions at last year's toy convention, because the belt was different. But with each subsequent showing, it was the same as the original MOTUC release. I would have bought one if they had kept the belt different...
    According to the new york 2017 toy fair, the recent pic of Ultimate He-Man. The belt will be different in terms of a single color instead of the orange belt with red stones. So its mostly likely the vintage style.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasculio294 View Post
    According to the new york 2017 toy fair, the recent pic of Ultimate He-Man. The belt will be different in terms of a single color instead of the orange belt with red stones. So its mostly likely the vintage style.
    Oh. In my opinion, that's even worse.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!" - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

WANT: Twiggets, Hunga, Josh, Joya/Bubblerina, King Ahgo, Wise Old Wizardess,
    Crimson Fury, Melog, Kowla, Red Eye, Staghorn, ALL New Adventures, Sharella,
    Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,
    MYP Sorceress, King Miro, Songster, Scrollos, Kayla, Skeleteen

Well the good news is... and most likely my last post for this topic. He-Man's belt is painted just like the new york comic con show from last year. So i am very content.