Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Popularity Polls 2013 - The Results Countdown!

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Dylamug and Vultak were on my Filmation list, but have been bumped since we've yet to see mainstays like Madame Razz or Sea Hawk. I'd put them back in if the line were healthier, 'cause I love me some Horde.

Strobo. Meh.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Dylamug. Is a character that is unique & cool, but I never had any real interest in him. My interest has grown a little bit from when I absolutly hatted him. I would buy I think, but still not very interested. He remindes me of a Marvel villain can anyone tell me who that is? Also there was a character in the manga series Battle Angel ALita that was similar with a large face on his body & was a robotic/cyborg.

Vultak. his importance to me has fallen quite a bit. I still would buy him. I don't care for him as much now. I would rather have many of the others characters already seen on this list.

Strobo. not a character I had much interest in. would be neat for motu fans to finally get him though that wanted him. I feel we already have two cosmic enforcers & we still don't have Zeelhr (Zodaks brother). Is Zeelhr on this list??
    I would get him mainly for that Zodak head. I do like his colors & feel he would fit in with the others from He-Ro Son of He-Man time line.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    I will buy Strobo and I would buy Lizzor...

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    He remindes me of a Marvel villain can anyone tell me who that is?
    M.O.D.O.K. perhaps?
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    M.O.D.O.K. perhaps?
    not M.O.D.O.K. another villain, but with his face on a tv like screen on his chest.
    good guess though.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Arnim Zola
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    Arnim Zola
    Yes, that is him!
    Thanks, a lot mate.

I think he was a Captain America villain. Big Marvel fan, but didn't collect those comics I was heavily involved in X-Men titles.

Sure! Hasbro actually made an amazing action figure of him this past year (scroll to the bottom):

http://thefwoosh.com/2012/04/arnim-z...reviews-part-2

Guys like Zola and MODOK make this world awesome having them in it.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    Sure! Hasbro actually made an amazing action figure of him this past year (scroll to the bottom):

http://thefwoosh.com/2012/04/arnim-z...reviews-part-2

Guys like Zola and MODOK make this world awesome having them in it.
    that is an awesome figure.
    I have loved to collect marvel action figures but feel some are hit or miss. marvel legends I was not into that much. I did like the Marvel Universe 3inch figures, but the paint jobs, face sculpts & articulation that compromises the body sculpt has me disappointed. not to mention worrying if the line would fail or not. what I don't like is some are not there more vintage look while others are, but the cost on e-bay is so much. my local toy stores never seem to get any new in. its the same old dull & variant figures. I bough a few hoping to collect an awesome vintage set, but am tired of waiting for all the figures if they come out or not or they would even look good. some really suck.
    sorry had to vent on this issue.

PEOPLE! Focus, please.

Oh! Look who it is...

#30 - Crita (53/100 votes)

Last time: #40 (46/100 votes)

Self-proclaimed 'Queen Crita' arrives at number 30. But, which look do you prefer? For her 'queen' look isn't particularly regal to me - it's her first and more iconic 'hot mess in an evening gown' look that I prefer. And that hairdo! It's so pricelessly 80s it's unreal (the show would've been developed in the late 80s, so I imagine Crita's inspirations were none other than Jon Bon Jovi and Bonnie Tyler). Crita's one of my most-wanted females in the line. On the villain front, Scorpia and Shokoti are practically guaranteed, but I hope the line finds space for this biker rock chick who made Skeletor weak at the knees. She could be worthy of 'that Adora moment' if her reveal is timed right.

Last edited by Scorpia; December 21, 2012 at 05:16am.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

She is both deserving and meh to me.

She is for sure one of my most wanted. I just hope they got with her dress look and not the awful Queen of the Gleanons look!
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia
    #30 - Crita (53/100 votes)
    The one and only reason why the Classics line was ever created. Now get to it pronto, Mattel! I'd love to say I have a soft spot for a hot redhead with a whip...but I'd be lying.
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

Dylamug could make for a really neat toy, but I doubt we're going to get him any time soon due to all his unique pieces. I guess it's possible he could be the 4th quarter 2013 $50 item... oh wait, no it isn't... since it's already been confirmed to be an army builder set. And in 2014 we're moving on to heavy-hitters... so... Dylamug might be a lost cause. I do think he's cool though and would definitely welcome him on the ol' shelves if they do take a chance on this guy and produce him.

But if I had to choose one Filmation Horde villain over another, I'd choose Vultak over Dylamug, for sure. He's more MOTU to me, and would look very at home next to the likes of Grizzlor and Leech. Besides, Hordak has no flying anything in his ranks- Skeletor has Draego-Man, had the Fright Fighter back in the classic toy days... Hordak was ground-bound. Vultak would change all that
    STROBO!!! I for one love Zodac AND Sy-Klone... so if you smash the two together and give that character a great color scheme- of course I'm going to be clamoring for him! The only thing I don't like about Strobo is that he's not going to come with that ********* gun. That gun HAS to be made. Look how awesome it is! I know the rock is from his story, but I'd gladly sacrifice the rock for the badass gun... is it 2013 traveling convention time yet?!

- - - Updated - - -

As for Crita, yes I want her... but give me that later-in-the-series look on the right instead of that Night Of The Demons/Jem & The Holograms reject on the left

Crita falls in exactly the same boat as Mara for me, I'd take her but she's not high on my list, I'd personally want all the characters that had a vintage NA figure and Sebrian before them. If we got her I'd like both outfits like Marleana, with her toga on top of her battle armour and two heads. If we could only get one then I'd go for the battle armour.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

#29= - Flutterina (56/100 votes)

Last time: #26 (62/100 votes)

Let's move into a bit more variety. We still have the popular Filmation characters to come, along with a handful of NA, all the big MOTU guns and now let's dip into the lower echelons of Princess of Power, which is normally headed up by the Star Sisters. Well, as Starla, Jewelstar and Tallstar saw a collective release in 2012, they're ineligible so the last spot will naturally fall to someone else: Flutterina. Often the forgotten-about female (she's not as popular as Glimmer, nor does she turn the stomachs of purist MOTU fans quite the way Perfuma does), Flutterina met a nasty end in the recent Masters of the Universe: She-Ra digital comic. I was thrilled to see her appear in her first couple of panels, thinking they'd give the entire POP mythos great respect - but when Despara killed her, I felt differently. I really hope MOTUC gets to Flutterina because she'd make a stunning figure. I also wish the creative forces behind MOTU today respect that MOTU is both dark and full of vibrance and colour - Flutterina represents the latter for me. She - and her ker-azy Filmation eyelashes - could be a force to be reckoned with.

#29= - Fang Man (56/100 votes)

Last time: #29 (59/100 votes)

A surprise reveal for first male Filmation figure was Fang Man. I was expecting Strongarm (who I'm not a fan of), but hoping for Lizard Man. Fang Man falls somewhere in between - but as you'll find out later, there's one male MOTU character whose popularity blows all of them out of the water. Fang Man has come out with a nice sculpt, including 'wagging' tongue, and a handful of Filmation-inspired accessories - the Wheel of Time, his double-headed baton and the Sword of the Ancients from Masks of Power. I'll be interested to see how they pull off his hunched back she the figure is released. Early photos show his neck sitting further forward than most males in the line, yet he seems to use the same torso piece. Time will tell.

#29= - Hunga the Harpy (56/100 votes)

Last time: #28 (60/100 votes)

Let it be known: Teela was designed as the token female, just as Mer-Man was the water baddie or Ram-Man was the battering-ram goodie. Evil-Lyn was then designed as the token evil female introduced amidst a bunch of other males with their own powers/gimmicks. She-Ra was designed as a brand of females to appeal to a little girl audience, but Filmation took it one step further in my eyes (even from the days of He-Man). Because, suddenly in the mythos, girls weren't just girls. There was Granita, who's a woman and also a rock, Kittrina, a woman and a cat and Hunga, a woman and a screaming banshee. Hunga's one of my favourite females in the while mythos because she is frankly terrifying and leads a band of feminist harpies against Etheria. She's not a Rebel and she's not a Hordeswoman. She's not afraid to stand on her own and take them all on! Of all the female 'non-humans' in the brand, Hunga just nudges the others out of it for me. With no shared parts available, I just hope they can find the tooling dollars to do her justice in MOTUC.

#29= - Prahvus (56/100 votes)

Last time: #30 (58/100 votes)

Fast-forward to 2002 and He-Man is getting a revival. New toys, new cartoon, new merchandise and a brand new look. In the first season, we were introduced to many of Skeletor's goons and several 'one-shot' villains from the Filmation series, redesigned by MYP: Count Marzo and Evilseed. The series gave us a handful of original villains, but sadly never gave them much to do. The aforementioned ABC Giants and Calix, but also Prahvus, who appeared twice, but only in flashback sequences. He's a cool-looking devil-type, which glowing tattoos like Zodak and a character that I hope MOTUC can reach. He made a brief appearance in the third minicomic this year, so I guess it's not a wish too far. Apart from Evilseed, he's my most-wanted 200X character. You can keep the rest.

NEW ENTRY! #29= - Castle Grayskullman (56/100 votes)

Last time: N/A

Winner of the Create-a-Character contest and already in many people's hands, I do feel like Castle Grayskullman was a work of marketing genius. It would've been nice if they could have pushed this more into the mainstream consciousness though - Castle Grayskull is such an iconic piece that it would have turned many a head of former 80s children. And it won't be much longer till Mattel release the castle itself in all its $200 glory (or was it more?!). I didn't buy this fella as none of the 30th Anniversary figures really ticked my boxes, but Daniel Benedict definitely did himself proud with this one. Wonder what he's done with those 25 free figures he got from the contest?

Last edited by Scorpia; December 21, 2012 at 05:54am.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

While none of the remaining POP gal's are high on my over all list I do still want them all eventually. Flutterina is around the middle of my POP list as I think she does have a nice fantasy creature feel to her, we just need to warrior her up a bit, give her some weapons, maybe a bow and arrows or spear might be a good choice.

I've never been a fan of Fang Man, I think his sky blue colour puts me off quite a bit and I may have actually liked him if he had been a different colour. He's not on my list of wanted Filmation figures, let alone one of the first. His head is to cartoony for me, I wish it was more like Emiliano's Vision fan art.

I'm not fussed about Hunga the Harpy.

I'm a hue 200x fan but I've never been keen on Prahvus. Its the blade shaped bits coming of his horns and the neon blue bits I don't like, in fact if he didn't have these I think I would have loved him.

I love the concept of Castle Grayskullman I just don't like the hair. If it had just been a bald on top he would have looked much better IMO. I think I'm going to repaint the hair on mine green so it looks like its made out of stone like the rest of him.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Flutterina, she was originally a character I could live without but I've warmed up to her since then. I like that she has an insect theme and would be fine with her release.

Fang Man, he looks nice and bright. However, I am not sure what I am going to do with him & his accessories. I just don't remember him from the cartoon so I want to see his MOTUC bio and then use that as a starting off point. My imagination is still determining what he will be an avatar of.

Hunga...pass.

I like Prahvus for one main reason, his glowing glyphs. I don't know too much abou the character but I luvs me those bright blue glowing details he has going on.

CGM! I love this figure, his concept, & his kick butt commercial but I don't have him. I hope to get him on the secondary market at some point because money got tighter than I expected in Nov & Dec this year.

It interesting to see Flutterina pretty much at the bottom of the vintage PoP toy barrel (you mean my favorite, Double Trouble, is more popular? YES!!!). She wasn't ever one of my favorites, and I have no doubt the Four Horsemen will make her look cool... but the number one thing I've never liked about this character is the peach. The peach outfit makes this figure look really ugly in my eyes. If it were another shade of purple or something else, I think I'd like the looks of her more. But day-glow peach bodice and boots with her skin tone = yuck. Still, she didn't deserve to get skewered...
    Fang Man? Ehhh... let me see the final figure before I make any real judgements. The sword is neat, and I like that we're slowly starting to stockpile some Filmation artifacts...
    Thanksgiving celebrators' worst nightmare, Hunga, is a figure I truly do want. But seeing as she probably will only reuse biceps and maybe hands, I can't see Mattel putting tooling dollars into this one. Unless she's like a future SDCC exclusive to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Secret Of The Sword (her only appearance?). But she'd make a great figure and it would be so cool to pit her against Angella on the shelf.
    Prahvus!!! I have high hopes that he's going to be our MYP figure for 2013. Please Mattel, make it so. Also one-up Zodak by giving this guy tattoos that actually do glow in the dark And a very detailed bio that's actually ABOUT Prahvus (who I've always wanted to know more about) and not load it with information about Keldor or King Miro or whatnot...
    Castle Grayskullman? Own him. Love him. Want more than one of him...

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Crita - YES YES A THOUSAND TIMES YES. Er... in her 1st dress only, mind you.

Flutterina - While I did want her, she wasn't at the top of my GR list until I finally had the vintage toy in my hands... and well, now I really have to have her.

Fang Man - meh. Great sculpt, just not into the character.

Hunga - not in my top 5 Filmation, but she'd be a great addition!

Prahvus - yeah I'll take him. Those tattoos and the horns would make an impressive looking figure.

CGM - have him, like him.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Heroic Warrior
    Prahvus is certainly a character I'd like to add to my MOTUC collection ! I wonder whether we could get him soon, given that he doesn't require too much new tooling...

Crita is one of the few "never made before NA characters" that I'd buy.

Fang Man looks great, and if there are no QC issues with him, I'll probably buy him.

Dylamug. The first character from the countdown I'd buy! I'm also excited for Fangman too! Hunga I'd probably want too.

The rest I can live without. I'm not sure I really need Flutterina to be honest.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    The rest I can live without. I'm not sure I really need Flutterina to be honest.
    Sacrilege! Wash thy mouth out, Neil!

Crita. I defiantly would like her at some point. I like the toga dress over the armor.

Flutterina. Oh man I keep forgetting about her. She is low on my list. I wouldn't be bothered to much if MOTUC never got to her. I would however buy her. I would like it more if she was apart of a three pack. maybe Perfuma, Sweet Bee & Flutterina. That would make a good 3 pack a flow, a bee & a butterfly. how nice. but I do agree bad colors for a butterfly character. would expect something more pretty.

Fang Man. Not my biggest Filmation want. wish he did molded after Emiliano's Vision instead of the cartoon. to goofy. now I think less of Fang Man.

Hunga the Harpy she is defiantly on my most want list! I didn't like her at first, but the whole Greek mythology monster thing has me really wanting her as a figure in the MOTUC. I would be unset is she dose not happen.

Prahvus!!! He is a must have. To me he is an important character. especially in the history of the great unrest. Prahvus is a bad a** stand alone villain (unless you count his army). He looks impressive. I hope he comes out right after Evil Seed. only because I feel Evil Seed is long over due.

Castle Grayskullman. Brilliant idea! what can I say. He was made for this line. heck, He looks like he belonged to the original line of MOTU. I love him, but I still like Photog & Spector more. Just because they look heroic & pose well in the front row of good guys. I gave Spector the custom Phantom head & gave some added paint details. much better same goes for Laser Lot. I would have not liked them as much if it weren't for that. BS if you have to do any modifications to a figure to make the look right IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    I love this thread Scorpia. I'm always excited to see who's next.
    Glad you're enjoying it, Clawful Ofit!

I'm sad that Karg is not possible. He would have been an important loyal general in skeletors army.
    Agreed - the movie gave him more of a purpose than being just one of Skeletor's goons. If he were possible, I'd imagine he'd be an asset to Jitsu with Skeletor being off on Primus...

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    i would LOVE a karg figure!!!!!!
    I thought he'd wake you up at the back there!

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    I'd add "God-Skeletor" and Movie-Skeletor to that list also.
    They can keep Movie Beast Man.
    I didn't include variants on the list, so I've no idea how 'fan-demanded' any of them are. I'd hazard a guess that God Skeletor would be fairly low - but imagining the sculpt, I'm sure people would be convinced to make a purchase! It's a shame they couldn't arrange a 25th anniversary pack. Maybe for the 30th anniversary of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    I think Calix is our 200x guy this year. He's my vote for the owner of the mysterious white crossbow at SDCC.
    Same here. I'm not too fussed about him though, unless he sort of contributes to Stonedar and Rokkon's bucks... Of course, I'm all about Granita!

Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    #35 - Light Hope - would like to see him as a pack in with someone like Razz or a multi-pack of Rebels.
    Hell yeah! Someone suggested a while back that Mattel offer a 'Defenders of the Secret' multipack with Madame Razz, Broom, Kowl and Light Hope. I'd dig that. If it wasn't possible, give us Madame, Broom, Kowl and a Light Hope background instead of the usual Castle Greyskull rocks. That'd make POP fans go gaga.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Vultak: Really like this guy but I'm worried that we'll get the same situation as we did with the Sorceress. Large drums.
    I imagine they'd do Vultak's wings the way they did Buzz Off's - with the ball-joint wings. I doubt we'll see the drums again unless they release someone like the Enchantress...

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    DragoMan mate. This is also the reason the MVC comic had an idea in mind to create charater called Waspor, because there was no flying Evil Warrior.
    *hangs head in hands* Doh! I've taken little-to-no interest in the 30th Anniversary figures, so I forgot about him. I know nothing about Waspor though - have you got a link, 13977?

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Draego-Man: "Forgot about me already?! Rarggh!" (incinerates Scorpia)
    Arrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone for a chargrilled scorpion?

Is Zeelhr on this list??
    No, I didn't think to include him. I had to draw the line somewhere. I guess to me, he's far too similar to Zodak and what with him, Zodac, Zodac (TRU) and Strobo, I feel a little Cosmic Enforcer'd out!

Quote Originally Posted by pH6 View Post
    The one and only reason why the Classics line was ever created. Now get to it pronto, Mattel! I'd love to say I have a soft spot for a hot redhead with a whip...but I'd be lying.
    Amen to that! I like that Crita doesn't have any special powers - she's a woman talented in combat with a thirst for power. She also happens to be a mutant!

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    Hunga...pass.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    (you mean my favorite, Double Trouble, is more popular? YES!!!).
    Yup! I'll tell you this: she's done considerably better this time.