Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Popularity Polls 2013 - The Results Countdown!

Just an observation... Double Trouble has jumped up at least 10 places since 2012/2011's polls
    Looks like she's finally cracking the Top 20 this year!
    P.S.- Do you think ToyGuru pays any attention to these polls each year?

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Just an observation... Double Trouble has jumped up at least 10 places since 2012/2011's polls

Yeah looks like Double Trouble is up there with the POP heavy hitters Glimmer, Angella, Castaspella, Mermista, Frosta, Netossa, Madame Razz, Sea Hawk, Huntara, and Kowl in the TOP 20!!!!!!!!
    Want Crita Veena Angella Peekablue EvilSeed Prahvus Saurod Ssqueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreElle Montork Miro BlastAttack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quake Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Drissi LadySlither Bubblor ThreeBeast FangOr GreatBlackWizard MajorHeader RaJar

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Yeah looks like Double Trouble is up there with the POP heavy hitters Glimmer, Angella, Castaspella, Mermista, Frosta, Netossa, Madame Razz, Sea Hawk, Huntara, and Kowl in the TOP 20!!!!!!!!
    As it should be! I'm telling you, there is sooo much potential there to turn her into one of the best female figures in the entire line... no pressure, Mattel!
    Also, this means Entrapta cracked the Top 20, too!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Go Entrapta!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Scorpia,

Ever mixing beasts, vehicles, and playsets into the popularity polls? I think that would be a good indication to how much something like the Battle Ram or Snake Mountain is wanted amongst some of the figures.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

I'd guess Saurod would utilize Trap Jaw parts.

I'm a bit surprised Sweet Bee is higher than Peekablue but good for her! I'm reallt hoping for her to be as close to Filmation as possible. That red hair is rad.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I'd guess Saurod would utilize Trap Jaw parts.
    If done properly, then no, he wouldn't !

When this figure is released, I expect him to be just like his 80's counterpart (armor, legs, tail, head etc.), but with the MOTUC articulations. I personally won't settle for anything less ! And I'd really like to buy Saurod. But if they cheapen out on Saurod, I'll pass !

Heroic Warrior
    Where is NA He-Man???

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    If done properly, then no, he wouldn't !

When this figure is released, I expect him to be just like his 80's counterpart (armor, legs, tail, head etc.), but with the MOTUC articulations. I personally won't settle for anything less ! And I'd really like to buy Saurod. But if they cheapen out on Saurod, I'll pass !
    So, just to clarify, given the budget for this line, and based on Scorpia's question, you would prefer for this guy to be the one, 100% all-new sculpt in whatever year he's released?
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

I'd like to thank Scorpia for doing this poll. Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I'm a bit surprised Sweet Bee is higher than Peekablue but good for her! I'm reallt hoping for her to be as close to Filmation as possible. That red hair is rad.
    I'm not. Her popularity, no doubt, is tied to her Filmation appearances and the whole He-Man/Frosta/Sweet Bee love triangle.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I agree. If Granita isn't released, I have no need for Stonedar or Rokkon to be honest. A Rock People three-pack as the second quarterly item would've been so much more exciting than the Flippin' Foe Men. Hopefully Granita (and Stonedar and Rokkon) will be blasting onto our shelves soon!
    Truth be told I was expecting a rock warrior 2 or 3 pack for 2013. Was also expecting Eldor, Miro, Clamp Champ & Evil Seed this year but that didn't happen. I don't think my prediction of Prahvus, Darius, Horde Troopers, Sea Hawk, Flogg & Glimmer will happen in 2013 either. well its still possible I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Saurod: was a favorite as a kid & I still find him to be one of the coolest action figures. It is surprising that Matty has been holding out on the movie characters. I think it would be a great idea to have a motu movie 3-pack. why? because not many people want Gwildor so a 3-pack with Gwildor, Blade & Saurod would be a good way to get to all three characters all at once.

Sweet bee: not real thrilled about this character. I would get her to complete pop but I don't think I would really miss her if she didn't come out in motuc.

Granamyr: already have him coming in the mail. glad he made it into motuc.

Strong Arm: I don't feel as strongly as I once did with this guy now that we have Cy-Chop as a figure & those many figures with action featured hands like Jitsu & Fisto. I do however like him & would welcome him into the line. I find his colors & odd cyborg head very appealing. I fine with another cyborg headed character like Cy-Chop. I like to have both.
    I see Strong Arm would be very easy: standard male buck, standard left arm, left glove hand, furry loin cloth, standard legs, Bow boots. all is needed is the head & large arm & hand & maybe a cool weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    #22 - Icer - pass. His deco may change my mind, though. A nice icy drybrushed 'frost' over him would be great.

#21 - Saurod - he is one of the few movie characters I'd like to see (along with God Skelly and Foster-Lyn); he could share parts with Lizzor, maybe tweak the thighs so they match Blast Attak's, or the whole leg to match Multi-Bot?

#21 - Sweet Bee - love her! I'd go full Filmation with light tweaks: toy boot straps, gold on the choker, reversable two-color wings, some slight curl to her hair, and extra detail on the skirt.
    drybrushing on Icer would be nice.

Soarods arm could work on others in N/A as well as Multi-Bot & Blast Attack. other parts are needed besides Trap-Jaw parts.

Sweet Bee would be great with curl in her hair. I think that would look lovely. have stand out more too. see deserves to stand out more. gold would be a good complement to her clothing as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by guy-dude View Post
    So, just to clarify, given the budget for this line, and based on Scorpia's question, you would prefer for this guy to be the one, 100% all-new sculpt in whatever year he's released?
    I can see parts being used on other characters not just on Saurod.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    @ Scorpia: It's nice to see some love for the Rock People. So far, this is the only remaining "faction" that hasn't been represented in MOTUC. I noticed that you also asked a question regarding Granita in another thread. I hope that she's on the MOTUC roadmap too and I agree that a Rock People 2 pack without her wouldn't make much sense...
    A *lot* of people would be disappointed if Granita isn't included - and if she isn't, I can't see them spending the time to release her as a single figure. She's more interesting to me because a) she wasn't released in the vintage line and b) she adds another non-human female like Shadow Weaver to the mix.

I would also like to see some sort of snap-on translucent plastic laser blast effect that could snap on to the front of his mouthpiece, in order to replicate his spark-shooting vintage feature.
    Now that'd be all kinds of COOL!

No idea - I hope so. Seeing how Dekker and Karatti have increased their popularity after being revealed is interesting. I guess only true sales will reflect the popularity of characters and their factions. But taking a sample of 100 people and assessing who they want is a common market research technique. Hopefully if he sees the results, he'll recognise that.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Scorpia,

Ever mixing beasts, vehicles, and playsets into the popularity polls? I think that would be a good indication to how much something like the Battle Ram or Snake Mountain is wanted amongst some of the figures.
    Granamyr's in there, as is Procrustus, but I haven't added any new ones to this year. I'm done after this, but if someone wants to pick them up next year, that'd be cool. They're a big undertaking and commitment though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I'd like to thank Scorpia for doing this poll. Great work!

I'm not. Her popularity, no doubt, is tied to her Filmation appearances and the whole He-Man/Frosta/Sweet Bee love triangle.
    Glad you're enjoying it, Bonehead! Agreed about Sweet Bee - although she stands on her own in Assault On The Hive, where she's feisty and fiery. It would've been nice to see the attraction between she and He-Man again though, particularly as Bob Forward wrote both episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    Truth be told I was expecting a rock warrior 2 or 3 pack for 2013. Was also expecting Eldor, Miro, Clamp Champ & Evil Seed this year but that didn't happen. I don't think my prediction of Prahvus, Darius, Horde Troopers, Sea Hawk, Flogg & Glimmer will happen in 2013 either. well its still possible I guess.
    Never say never kylun - there's that promised army builder for the end of 2013 (and of course, Clamp Champ is on the way in the summer). As for the others, there are still another four slots to be revealed for 2012, plus the announcement at NYTF 'to get more fan-demanded characters out there sooner'...

She sure has - in fact, she's coming right up!

----------

#20= - Multi-Bot (65/100 votes)

Last time: #22 (66/100 votes)

MOTUC has become the perfect line for someone like Multi-Bot. Although he likely won't share any parts with another character, the line is set up for removable heads, legs and arms so that shouldn't provide too much of a challenge for his sculpting and tooling. I heavily doubt he'll come out before Modulok though, who's by far a more requested character. Multi-Bot's gone from #24 to 22 to 20 with between 63 and 66 votes, so the reception to this character has been pretty constant. A surefire indication that he'd sell, but perhaps not as well as some of the other remaining vintage MOTU/POP figures or Filmation characters. I hope they find a way to include his Filmation heads too - I'm including an image for you to peruse and also one of an early prototype sketch for the toy. Notice the similarities?

#20= - Double Trouble (65/100 votes)

Last time: #31 (56/100 votes)

A big climb for 'Dubs' in this year's countdown. Fans have noted how she could be translated into MOTUC as a female knight of sorts - I love this idea as it makes her stand out. I've always found her a little bit too gimmicky in the sense that the other POP girls' names could pass for 'real names' (albeit fantasy ones based on their abilities). She was always one of my favourite figures as a kid, but I was always a bit sad she wasn't in the cartoon. I always felt that the character of Lohni may have been inspired by Double Trouble and, if the Horde hadn't realised that she had defected (as they did with General Sunder and Chakra), the two characters could be easily merged to bring the toy concept and Lohni's story together in a plausible way.

#20= - Skeletor’s Hover Robots (65/100 votes)

Last time: #30 (58/100 votes)

Another climber - these guys were new to the countdown last year and would make excellent army builders in the line. The fact that they'd be original sculpts wouldn't matter as fans would pick these up as they would Horde Troopers - by the bucket-load. The Filmation stalwarts are particularly prominent in the early He-Man episodes and, who knows, if the Horde Troopers count as the army-builder two-pack this year, the Hover Robots could be released next year. And Skeletor needs some generic supporters to take on the Palace Guards, Snake Men Warriors and eventual Horde Troopers... I promise I'd buy at least five.

#20= - Lord Masque (65/100 votes)

Last time: #26 (62/100 votes)

Only referred to as 'Lord' once in his solo appearance, Masque was a servant of Shokoti's and, although they were never seen together, they will forever be connected. Some fans are requesting a Shokoti and Masque two-pack, which would look something special for MOC collectors. I'm sure both will be released in time - Shokoti's far too popular to ignore and Masque requires little new work. (the boots, arms, biceps etc are already there for the taking) As we move towards vintage MOTU requiring new tooling like Extendar, Mantenna and Sssqueeze, the likes of Masque give Mattel the chance to release a fan-demanded character and re-coup some of the others' costs.

#20= - Madame Razz & Broom (65/100 votes)

Last time: #23 (65/100 votes)

Madame Razz and Broom's popularity seems pretty constant (look at the amount of votes she received this and last year) and with the likes of Gwildor likely to get a release while being less-demanded, there's no way they could ignore Madame Razz. Absolutely vital to the line, due to her knowing Adora and Adam's secrets, her magical flying friend Broom is also a must. I really, really hope they get to the pair of them sooner rather than later - as I said before, it's been a long time since Orko was released and it's about time we get his equivalent in the She-Ra mythos to bolster the Rebel ranks.

Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Heroic Warrior
    If done properly, I'd buy all of these figures sitting at #20 : Lord Masque is one of my Filmation favourites, Multi-Bot is MOTU vintage and is unavoidable to me, Madam Razz and Broom are long overdue, and the hover robots could be cool BUT they need to be released AFTER the Horde Troopers.

We need Hover Robots!!!!!!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior
    I would only buy Saurod, if he gets new legs, same for Multi-Bot... I'm tired of seeing the Trap Jaw legs on every figure with cyborg parts. It's really time for new sculpts. Characters like those mentioned or Blast Attack or the NA mutants need new legs!

The 20 spot is a hit. Want them pretty much all. I can do without Multibot but the rest would be great.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I'd like Double Trouble & Sweet Bee to be released and it looks like they have some shared parts between the two of them. I like Sweet Bee for her insect theme and DT just seems kind of cool. Depending on the green they use on her she may get displayed with the Eternian Guard.

Multibot I am fine without.

I like the Hover Robots, but I find myself liking them less and less as I think about what I could live without when the line ends.

Lord Masque is just cool, he has a savageness to his appearance which easily lends itself to a broke down dystopian vibe that would have easily fit into the mini comics.

Mme. Razz & Broom...I have mixed feelings about them. Orko at least had the potential for great magic, but because of circumstance was inhibited. Razz was just silly and always annoyed me. However, her difference in shape & stature would lend itself to adding more variety to my MOTUC collection and compliment the display nicely. I can hear her saying something like "We nizzle She-Razzle to defizzle those Horde Trizzles!" & "Oh, dizzle mizzle." which I greatly prefer in comparison to how she actually spoke.
    Last edited by slackrguy; December 30, 2012 at 02:23pm.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Really looking forward to Madame Razz and Double Trouble. I can't get over the fact that Mattel never included Razz in the vintage line. I think it's crazy that she wasn't included considering how many appearances she had in the show. Double Trouble is just so visually striking I can only imagine how awesome the 4H would make her. She was also one of the least girly designed females in Pop she looks more warrior like.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Really looking forward to Madame Razz and Double Trouble. I can't get over the fact that Mattel never included Razz in the vintage line. I think it's crazy that she wasn't included considering how many appearances she had in the show. Double Trouble is just so visually striking I can only imagine how awesome the 4H would make her. She was also one of the least girly designed females in Pop she looks more warrior like.
    I agree with Madame Razz not being included in the vintage line...I can't believe they didn't....but after reading some recent interviews that Tallstar posted, it appears to me that it was fully girls line focused, and I bet they figured characters like Madame Razz and Shadow Weaver just didn't fit what they were trying to do, I guess they figured girls wouldn't go for the less "pretty" characters.....Madame Razz and Broom are two characters I can not wait to get.....

I'd prefer Multi-Bot looking more Filmation. Hopefully they'll at least give us Filmation heads.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

A *lot* of people would be disappointed if Granita isn't included - and if she isn't, I can't see them spending the time to release her as a single figure. She's more interesting to me because a) she wasn't released in the vintage line and b) she adds another non-human female like Shadow Weaver to the mix.
    Exactly. I'd rather have her than Stonedar and Rockon.

Agreed about Sweet Bee - although she stands on her own in Assault On The Hive, where she's feisty and fiery. It would've been nice to see the attraction between she and He-Man again though, particularly as Bob Forward wrote both episodes.
    She definitely stands on her own. What I meant to say is that I think she's so popular with "non-POP" fans because of her involvement in the "love triangle" with Frosta and He-Man. It's one of those POP episodes that almost every MOTU fan that doesn't like POP even knows about.

The #20 spot is a mixed bag for me.

Multi-Bot , while being a vintage character, just does nothing for me. IMO he's too similar to Modulok. Quite honestly, the only appeal I ever had for him was that you could mix and match parts with Modulok and make him into some sort of cyborg.

Double Trouble, like Multi-Bot, is someone I can live without. I've always considered her a rather dull POP character. POP is full of great characters, Double Trouble though just isn't one of them IMO.

Lord Masque is a character I'd love. He's a really great designed, yet simple character. He'd be a very cheap figure for Mattel. Most of the tooling for him is already done.

Hover Robots I'd love but I personally would rather have the MVC skeleton warriors that we saw in the comic instead for Skeletor's army builder. IMO they're a better design. I wouldn't be upset with Hover Robots though if they were released.

That leads us to Madame Razz & Broom. 20 really?! That's it?! I'm surprised they're so low. Without a doubt, these two are essential to any POP/Great Rebellion display.

Multi-Bot I could live without, so long as we get Modulok. If Modulok comes along sooner than later, and there's still life in the line- I will definitely take Multi-Bot, but could wait a year longer for him. In a perfect world, they would release them both in one deluxe package- which would be pretty amazing (put me down for two of those, please!). In terms of how he looks in Classics, I would want the entire classic toy body updated, but with the two Filmation heads as bonus parts. That seems to be the best way to handle this guy. There's so much cool detail in the old toy, that to do a straight-up Filmation version would result in a rather "blah"-looking figure. And if I were Mattel, with something like Multi-Bot, you definitely want the Four Horsemen to NOT underwhelm the fanbase. Deliver something with lots of swappable parts- and GOOD ENGINEERING!- a great color-scheme, and the promise that "the more you buy, the bigger and badder your Mega Multi-Bot will look!"... then you have a hit on your hands
    Sweet sweet Double Trouble! You've reached Top 20 status after all this time! I and quite a few others have been saying it for years- Double Trouble has what it takes to be the surprise hit female figure of whatever year they release her (2013? Pretty please?). You've got a Great Rebellion member with very little background or old-school media presence- she's a blank slate bio-wise and can be written into the storyline or your own cannon any way you choose. With her Man-E-Faces feature, you get two figures in one... a double agent (which we don't really have any of in this line, unless you count Kobra Khan doubling as a Snake Man) who sneaks around the Evil Horde gathering intel for the rebels. OR is it the other way around? So much potential there! She never came with a weapon of any sort- not even a shield!- so the Horsemen have free reign to give her all sorts of bad-assery to arm herself with. In the '80s, I gave her the Castle Grayskull halberd. She'd look great with one of those. Or a green Horde crossbow. Or a sword and shield combo. Or a lasergun. Since we're entering this territory with the Fighting Foe Men, we now know they are capable of giving Double Trouble swappable chest-pieces for when she's part of the Horde. And surely it's time to introduce the female arm-sized armband for Horde ladies. As for her "feature", I think it would be fine for her to have two different heads- that way we get the full range of motion for posing her... rather than have her limited by a Man-E-Faces style knob-turning gimmick for the good/evil faces. One thing's for certain... she'll look like her classic toy simply because there is no Filmation version for them to mimic! There's no excuse for her not to have those unique boots (which she'll share one day with Sweet Bee), gauntlets, cape, etc. The only way they could screw her up is to make her ponytail so thin that it snaps off the top of her helmet (something I'm experiencing with Laser-Lot, but his is because I tried to turn it). So hopefully the Horsemen will take care with that and just deliver me... I mean the fanbase... a perfect kick-ass figure.
    Now that I'm done raving, I'm less excited about these next guys. Hover Robots. Yes, I want them eventually. No, not at the expense of Horde Troopers. Give us the Troopers in 2013, and save the Robots for another year, I say. And let's do something a bit different with the pack-out for these particular guys... I say either a three-pack (hey, they're gonna be smallish... and you're going to want more than just two, right?), or a three-pack where it's two Hover Robots and Twistoid in the middle of the pack-out. How cool would that be? One thing is for certain. They must come with stands! Clear plastic, like Orko and the Doomseeker. Don't make us buy separate flight stands to make 'em hover!
    The idea of a MOTUC Lord Masque gets me just as excited as the prospect of a MOTUC Double Trouble does. He and Shokoti MUST see the light of day, or the Filmation license will have been wasted, IMO. Either a two-pack or solo is fine. Maybe Lord Masque could be the 2014 Sub Exclusive figure (and Shokoti a regular monthly release in the same quarter of that year?). For accessories, he could come with a split version of his mask (his undoing at the end of House Of Shokoti Part 1!), which would be fun. Maybe also throw in one of Shokoti's Darklings as one of the accessories? And an evil-looking staff of some sort too...
    Madame Razz and Broom. Used to hate them both as a kid, have done a complete 180 on 'em as a Filmation-appreciating adult. I can't see them NOT being in the MOTUC line at some point now that Mattel has the Filmation license. It would be a totally criminal exclusion. Scale-wise, I hope they manage to get her right. Not too small the way MOTUC Cringer came out, but not too big the way the classic Loo-Kee and Orko toys came out back in the '80s. Articulation is going to be tricky with her, too. Surely, she'll be able to stand and hold Broom at her side. BUT- will she be able to sit upon Broom and "fly" with the aid of a clear stand of some sort? Will she be too top-heavy? Or bottom-heavy? Will Broom at the very least be able to turn his head a bit and move arms up and down, or just be a solid one-piece accessory? Like everybody else in the Top 20 slot, how they execute these folks is either going to make fans go completely gaga, or really let a lot of people down. Tricky stuff! I've also been of the mind that Madame Razz and Broom would make for PERFECT SDCC '15 exclusives- the 30th Anniversary of the She-Ra cartoon! That way, the folks (and obviously there are a lot of them) who hate Razz and Broom just as much as the school kid version of me did, can skip on 'em and not feel forced into having them in the line. Plus- finally- a She-Ra Con exclusive worth the while!

"Make mine a bodice with a shiny silver Horde bat, thank you very much..."
    Last edited by zodak74; December 30, 2012 at 03:58pm.

I agree Bonehead, I was hoping to see more of a jump for Razz & Broom.

As for her being nothing but silly let's remember that she did defeat Shadow Weaver
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I want all the #20 entrants.

Double Trouble, with my least favorite Netossa coming out, she now takes last place. I want her, she just never appealed to me like the others.
    MultiBot, eh I'll take him, but not in a rush.
    Masque, one of the reasons tooling costs don't frighten me. Plenty of simple characters that will sell & make back the cost.
    Hover Robots, I want 5 but since they'll be in a 2 pack, I guess I'll get 6.

Madame Razz...

Razzle Dazzle I want her plenty... makes me sad she came in at twenty.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by JorReno View Post
    Where is NA He-Man???
    There were no variants in the polls, JorReno. I started them before NA He-Man's reveal - although it's an interesting point. I wonder how the demand for certain variants shapes up against original characters... Flying Fists He-Man? Filmation Hordak? Young Evil-Lyn? Starburst She-Ra? It's an interesting point for discussion...

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    Mme. Razz & Broom...I have mixed feelings about them. Orko at least had the potential for great magic, but because of circumstance was inhibited. Razz was just silly and always annoyed me. However, her difference in shape & stature would lend itself to adding more variety to my MOTUC collection and compliment the display nicely. I can hear her saying something like "We nizzle She-Razzle to defizzle those Horde Trizzles!" & "Oh, dizzle mizzle." which I greatly prefer in comparison to how she actually spoke.
    I hear what you're saying, slackrguy. Madame Razz was, of course, a forgetful old witch, but she was *really* old. In Something Old, Something New, she allures to being over 600 years old. There's a *lot* of story potential with her...if they decide to explore Etheria's history, that is. I imagine that her memory problems would frustrate her big time. She has a lot of power - we've seen it - but she's not what she used to be. In the fight for Etheria, I imagine that she would desperately want to be more useful because she knows how powerful she could be - if only she could remember. If she could ever unlock that memory, who knows what kind of power she could unleash?

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    I agree with Madame Razz not being included in the vintage line...I can't believe they didn't....but after reading some recent interviews that Tallstar posted, it appears to me that it was fully girls line focused, and I bet they figured characters like Madame Razz and Shadow Weaver just didn't fit what they were trying to do, I guess they figured girls wouldn't go for the less "pretty" characters.....Madame Razz and Broom are two characters I can not wait to get.....
    I often wondered this and you may have hit the nail on the head there, iron_pride. Not releasing Shadow Weaver or Scorpia because they might be considered too monstrous for little girls is understandable, but I could never get my head around them not releasing Madame Razz and Broom when they released Kowl and eventually Loo-Kee. Could it be a form of hidden ageism at work, despite the many advertising opportunities the character offered through the Filmation series? Or was it simply because she wasn't as pretty as the others?

Exactly. I'd rather have her than Stonedar and Rockon.
    Pleased about the love for Granita - she's a much requested character!

That leads us to Madame Razz & Broom. 20 really?! That's it?! I'm surprised they're so low. Without a doubt, these two are essential to any POP/Great Rebellion display.
    Definitely - but I think #20 is a fair showing for her. She's one of those characters that divide the community, but she comes in higher than Castle Grayskullman, Blast-Attak and Gwildor. I have faith that we'll see Madame Razz released some day. I'm crying out for her! (see my avatar!)

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Don't forget Scorpia, Octavia or Imp. Here he comes...

----------

#19= - Netossa (66/100 votes)

Last time: #28 (60/100 votes)

I was surprised - shocked, even - to see Netossa as the January figure in 2013. I'm thrilled, but I wasn't expecting it at all. She's been on my radar for ages - I LOVE her and her sculpt is beautiful. I'm pleased they went with the Filmation design - the face is properly stunning; one of the best in the line, even - but I hope they find a way to release her sword and mask. On that note, the mask would slot in nicely under those 'head fins'. Where there's a will there's a way and hopefully the Powers That Be at Mattel are aware of its significance to fans of the original Netossa figure. In the meantime, I hope they also get to release Spinnerella, so I can pose the two lovely ladies together on my shelf, ala When Whispering Woods Last Bloomed.

19= - Imp (66/100 votes)

Last time: #25 (63/100 votes)

A much-needed addition to the line for several reasons. Firstly, it's been a while since we had Orko, but secondly Imp would be the first evil 'under-sized' character in the line (I don't count Screech). The Horde need the little pipsqueak to sit alongside them, hopefully with a manner of transformation-accessories. I for one would *love* it if they released Imp as a loudspeaker, as in Loo-Kee Lends a Hand. How cool would it be to pose Hordak with that?! If that's out of the question and he comes in a pack of little guys, that'd be A-OK too. Either way, I hope they release him soon - with or without Filmation Hordak (but preferably with!).

19= - Huntara (66/100 votes)

Last time: #21 (67/100 votes)

The closer I look at Huntara, the more I know what an amazing figure she'd made. Just take a look at the image below - she is pure awesomeness waiting to happen! She also adds a planet to the mix in the form of Silax, which I'd love Toyguru to bring to the MOTUC bios in some fashion. Huntara isn't the most obvious member of the Great Rebellion, seeing as she went home at the end of her starring episode, but she adds a splash of tomboyishness to its ranks, plus an array of butt-kicking weapons which would look amazing posed with a figure of her (particularly her Stun Swords). I also predict good head movement, due to the pony tail being behind her head, a pleasure we haven't had since Battleground Evil-Lyn. I need Huntara in my life!

Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina