Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Popularity Polls 2013 - The Results Countdown!

Blade will be super fantastic if he gets the Classics treatment. Always been a favorite of mine and loved him in the movie. Because of him I wanted to wear an eye patch for a portion of my life. There was a guy from a soap my mom watched that wore one too and I just thought "man patches make you look so tough." The 80's were full of eye patches now that I think about it. But I digress.

Ninjor was unknown to me until I joined the org. I Had never seen him, or at least could not remember seeing him, anywhere in anything. I Do want him though because he would be sweet to see reimagined with more detail. Personally I'd like his bio to make him from earth. Maybe make him accidentally transported by the cosmic key during a test run.

Let's hope one of these 2 make it in 2013!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post

As for the other 5 Filmation characters, it's gotta be:

Scorpia
    Shokoti
    Octavia
    Evil Seed
    Sea Hawk
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Oh! Then there are six.

Should have been more specific - not just one-shot ones
    I think we are talking just Filmation villains not all Filmation characters so Sea Hawk can't be one of them right?

I can't think of a sixth one other then Scorpia, Shokoti, Octavia, Evil Seed, Plundor, but I'll take a shot in the dark with Jarvan - the Eternian drug dealer.

But if were taking all Filmation characters then yeah we've got Sea Hawk and King Miro to come yet.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Ninjor: I'm looking forward to him. I hoping hes the next out of skeletors warriors just because I want him out of the way. He's over due no fair have him to be the last.

Blade: the guy is bad a**! need I say more.

Kowl: come on already bring him out. I'm loosing interest the more I wait.

Batros: I'm defiantly looking forward to this guy. curious if he will receive any updating. what will his bio reveal or what kind of accessories will he get. books I imagine.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I never understood Ninjor's appeal. Never liked him as a kid, no interest in him now. Can't wait for Blade or any movie figure at this point. Kowl is a must and Batros would be a great addition to the horde.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    I never understood Ninjor's appeal. Never liked him as a kid, no interest in him now. Can't wait for Blade or any movie figure at this point. Kowl is a must and Batros would be a great addition to the horde.
    I never had Ninjor but I'm interested to see how they pull him off.
    I'm not exactly looking forward to him, but I think I may be pleasantly surprised.

I just hope they keep the "Demon" aspects of him.

I agree. If they switched him to furry boots or Keldor boots, that would probably help sell him more as "Eternian Ninja"... but I like the Zodac/Skeletor demon feet, because they make him look more evil

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I think we are talking just Filmation villains not all Filmation characters so Sea Hawk can't be one of them right?

I can't think of a sixth one other then Scorpia, Shokoti, Octavia, Evil Seed, Plundor, but I'll take a shot in the dark with Jarvan - the Eternian drug dealer.

But if were taking all Filmation characters then yeah we've got Sea Hawk and King Miro to come yet.
    And 13977 wins! No Plundor or Jarvan - it would've been interesting to see how the former would've done, but you rarely see requests for Jarvan.

The two Filmation/MYP crossover characters coming up!

----------

#15= - Rattlor (71/100 votes)

Last time: #6 (86/100 votes)

This happened last year with several characters, including the Sorceress, Kobra Kahn and Fisto - once a highly-demanded character is revealed, they seem to slide down the chart a little. Perhaps that's because voters weren't aware that they were included? Or perhaps there's something special about not only waiting for a figure, but waiting for a reveal? For example, my anticipation for Castaspella is at fever pitch, whereas my anticipation for Octavia has calmed because I know she's coming. Could be the same for folks like Rattlor who benefited from the body of one of the Snake Men warriors - a smart move on Mattel's part that allowed them to reuse what would otherwise be an entirely unique buck. I wonder who else they could use that sort of trick with?

#15= - Mosquitor (71/100 votes)

Last time: #4 (88/100 votes)

So Rattlor will probably already be in your collection and so may Mosquitor, if the postman's been kind. Some international fans are probably still waiting. Mosquitor has featured highly in the Popularity Polls from the beginning, so I expect he would've sold well at Matty. This does bring me to a comment about the regularity of fan-demanded characters though and something that may have contributed to the line's slowing down. Why release Mekaneck, Rattlor and Mosquitor in the space of four months at the end of the year? It seems madness. All three of them could have been brilliant sub sellers and now we're left with very few strong candidates from the vintage line. For me, this trend started when Grizzlor, Roboto and Buzz-Off were released in quick succession - why not substitute Roboto for Queen Angella and Grizzlor for Prahvus? I don't think the line would be in such dire straits if it wasn't for decisions like that. Anyway, back to Mosquitor - pleased for those who got him, particularly Pixel Dan. It was fun to see the little teaser photos Toyguru was using to taunt him.

#15= - Mermista (71/100 votes)

Last time: #19 (69/100 votes)

It's nice to see Mermista playing with the big boys. She's cemented herself as a vital release for MOTUC thanks to her mythical origins. I just hope she isn't the only Wave Two POP character who makes it into the line because the likes of Peekablue and Flutterina have so much potential. I was talking recently with a friend about what accessories she could be released with and while I suggested a stool for her to sit on when wearing her fins, he suggested a cool wave-type stand, which I'm sure I've seen on another figure from another line (DCUC maybe?). Anyway, it looked freakin' cool and would perfectly suited Mermista. I wonder if she'll be released as a deluxe figure because of her need for new tooling. Not my favourite POP gal by any stretch, but one I'm still itching to have.

#15= - King/Captain Miro (71/100 votes)

Last time: #29 (59/100 votes)

Here's the guy you forgot about! Probably because his Filmation design isn't hugely requested, but it seems the combination of MYP, Filmation and (now) MOTUC minicomic fandom have propelled King/Captain Miro from obscurity into the limelight. He only appeared in flashback in the MYP cartoon, so I hope Mattel find a way to include his 'grandpa' red overcoat outfit as well as his battle-ready 200X gear. It's a long shot because of the colour contrast (not as easy as the fella below or someone like Mara, whose dress would cover her whole body). Although there are characters like Lady Edwina and Prince Jeremy, King Miro's the last member of the Royal Family I really need (although they'd be fun). I also hope the bio alludes to not only Count Marzo, but the Enchantress too. I'd award TG major brownie points for that.

#15= - Evilseed (71/100 votes)

Last time: #16 (74/100 votes)

While King/Captain Miro surges ahead with 12 more votes than last year, Evilseed drops a few, but still rises in the chart due to fewer characters occupying the higher places. This guy could easily be tooled to accommodate both his Filmation and MYP looks, although he'd naturally use the more muscular body of the 200X version. I really want his Filmation head and druid-like cloak to make the original vision of the character come to life. This would please both old and newer fans of the character and also completists who may be force to buy more than one to display both looks. Evilseed's one of those independent villains who's crying out to be made. But he's not quite top of the tree. That space is reserved for someone who makes Evilseed look positively angelic...

Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Evilseed is a character that I could receive either version and be happy.

I prefer Captain Miro's design to King Miro's design.

Rattlor is an excellent figure but Mosquitor isn;t really winning me over. He should arrive today so maybe my mind will change once I have him in hand.

Mermista is cool but I hope she has her Filmation legs because I'd rather display her with those vs the mermaid's tail.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Mermista, MYP Evilseed and MYP King Miro.

I think Miro will be the 200X version. Talking head characters are a much harder sell. Diehard fans were excited for Eternos Palace Randor, but there were alot of fans who thought he was a waste of a slot.

Mermista might get screwed in the accessory department because of her extra legs. It might be how Mattel was "losing their shirts" over King Hsss.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I was never ever all that excited about Rattlor in MOTUC. I never wondered "Oh, how will they pull him off? Will he have 2002 elements?", etc. simply because I never cared. Then they revealed his figure, and I was still like "Eh, whatever..." All year long I sort of put him in the back of my mind... and then he arrived on my doorstep and- shock of shocks- I think he turned out to be a better figure than Frosta, a figure I was excited about getting since it was revealed PoP was going to be part of MOTUC. Go figure! His sculpt and paint job is really something to be appreciated in hand. I also think it helped to have his buck released as part of the Snakemen army builder pack first- it was like getting a Sneak Preview, in a way. And you put the two together and due to the drastically different paint schemes, heads, accessories, etc. you never once think "Oh, how cheap. It's the same body". Rattlor is one of the few perfect figures of 2012.
    Mosquitor is one of the others. I really loved how he turned out. Also, I'm happy he arrived "this early" in the line... meaning I thought we would end up getting Modulok, Horde Troopers, Mantenna, or even Scorpia before Mosquitor.
    Like most PoP fans, the first time I saw how King Hiss was going to work in MOTUC, the first thing I thought was "Oh cool... so this is how they'll handle Mermista!" I'm still waiting... where is she?! Everybody loves mermaids, and the Horsemen are undoubtedly going to arm her with some cool weapons (um... right, fellas? RIGHT?!). A trident seems like a no brainer. She also needs an homage to her shell backpack/water squirter. Maybe it can be translated into some sort of item she holds in her hand to control the seas, call upon ocean beasts, or something like that? Another option would be to give her the water crystal from A Christmas Special. I mean, we haven't had anything released yet that's specifically related to the Christmas Special, since they've gotten the rights. What about THAT era? I sure don't see folks clamoring for Miguel and Alisha anywhere on this list... so why not throw in the water crystal with Mermista to reprazent? As for how I personally think she should look, here is that rare example of "any version is fine". The style guide version is beautiful, I love her Filmation appearances, and I've always dug the classic toy. Just give her good paint apps, a great face sculpt, and some fantastic display options and I'll be fine
    King Miro, on the other hand? I only want that badass MYP version, NOT the Filmation version. After my lukewarm reception of Eternos Palace Randor, there really is no place on my shelf for Filmation Miro. Maybe give him two heads and a different outfit display option, but I sincerely hope they don't just do a straight-up Filmation version of the guy, because they'll miss the only opportunity to make Adora & Adam's grandfather into a seriously kick-ass action figure! Also, as an aside, I want a two-pack of those hot 2002 Miro guards! I wonder what the chances of those dudes coming out are? Hello, three-pack?
    Evilseed! Why do I keep forgetting about Evilseed?! I love both of his appearances... so, like Mermista, I'm pretty content no matter which version they go with- though a two-in-one action figure does seem like another no-brainer. I honestly can't believe we didn't get an action figure of this guy 10 years ago. Criminal negligence again on Mattel's part. Here's hoping MOTUC corrects this, because it's been a long time coming and Moss Man REALLY needs to battle his arch nemesis on my shelves!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Mermista might get screwed in the accessory department because of her extra legs. It might be how Mattel was "losing their shirts" over King Hsss.
    I hate this bitter truth...

I want KING Miro, so he needs some FILMATION influence, but to be honest, I would prefer him to actually be more a King Randor (regular) repaint with Miro's colors. That way, the kingly armor and what not has some consistency.

I will never understand the love for that bland MYP Evilseed over the much more interesting-looking FM version. I suppose I hope they will make him like Trap Jaw so you can have your choice of which version to display, but the FM version is much more interesting. NOTHING looks like that on your shelf so he would really stand out. Also, his characterization in the FM cartoon was much more scary than his standard brutish bad guy on the MYP toon.

Miro and Evilseed are two of my most wanted figures, so I hope they show up sooner than later, and looking great.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Heroic Warrior
    Miro (200x style) and Evilseed (200X style too) are characters I'd like to add to my collection.

Mermista is a different case : she's a cool character, but I'm afraid Mattel won't be able to make her the way she should be made. I can already see many reasons why Mattel's "design team" could botch her... which happens quite often with the Great Rebellion ladies, unfortunately.

Miro? Really? He's definitely someone I can live without. I was never really a fan of the character. If we did get one, I'd choose the MYP version over the pajama-wearing Filmation version.

I'm really surprised at how high Mermista is. I'd love to get her but honestly I want a few other POP ladies way before her.

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    I will never understand the love for that bland MYP Evilseed over the much more interesting-looking FM version. Also, his characterization in the FM cartoon was much more scary than his standard brutish bad guy on the MYP toon.
    Agreed. Filmation Evilseed was so much better than MYP. In MYP they kind of just made him into some kind of Skeletor flunky in "Council of Evil." Instead of being this this super-powered evil being that everyone on Eternia feared, he became the Evil Warriors version of Moss Man.

Hopefully Mattel does include both heads and a removable cloak with Evilseed so we can get both versions in one figure.

Here's a response from Catra's Wrath over on the Matty boards about whether or not ToyGuru & co. pay much attention to Scorpia's efforts here:

"Toy Guru and the team pay attention to all the feedback and fan polls from various sites, I even ran a fan poll on 2014 here myself (a personal one not an official one) asking what fans wanted to see, and we moderators feed your comments and wish lists back for you.

Because the line has to be locked in so early, with a figure taking around a year to develop, the character selection for 2014/2015 was decided upon by Toy Guru and the Four Horsemen many months ago, this is so that they can use the maximum amounts of time to develop these characters into great action figures. They have a very clear idea on who the big wants are, the same character names always top the results lists, and as one character is revealed it naturally bumps those other characters up. Toy Guru knows who fans consider the core characters now, and 2014 is bound to be an amazing year! Naturally everyone keeps and eye on the fan polls though, it's interesting to see the results!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Miro? Really? He's definitely someone I can live without.
    I agree --^ Generic 'old man' figure(s) is not my cup of tea regardless of the characters overall relevance. Now Mermista and Evil Seed.. you've got something there.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

It's getting so close to the end... I wonder where Shokoti and Entrapta will show up... tied at number 13, perhaps?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    I will never understand the love for that bland MYP Evilseed over the much more interesting-looking FM version. I suppose I hope they will make him like Trap Jaw so you can have your choice of which version to display, but the FM version is much more interesting. NOTHING looks like that on your shelf so he would really stand out. Also, his characterization in the FM cartoon was much more scary than his standard brutish bad guy on the MYP toon.
    MYP Evilseed is far more toyetic. They beefed up Evilseed to MOTU levels and made him a Moss Man enemy. The Filmation version looks like some silly avocado-headed guy in a robe.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

200X Miro and Evil Seed please over the filmation look. They both seem so lacking power in the childish filmation ways.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I think Miro will be the 200X version. Talking head characters are a much harder sell. Diehard fans were excited for Eternos Palace Randor, but there were alot of fans who thought he was a waste of a slot.
    I like EP Randor, but I cringed when Pixel Dan did his walktrough video after SDCC 2012 with TG and TG stated they ALMOST did Captain Randor from the 2000x series instead of EP Randor, but at the last minute went with EP Randor. I would have preferred that version hands down

Mermista!!!!!!

I am so happy to see her in the top 15!!!

She is going to be a crazy impressive scuplt! I am sure once fans see her in figure form theyll be wondering why they didnt want her more before!

Obviously being my #1 POP & MOTUC figure by far I would rather see greater attention paid to her scuplt and tail rather than acessories. I have a feeling we'll see the shield but am not hoping for much more. JUST because of the tail. Maybe we'll get her shell in some form? But really what more is there for her...

I would spend big money for that figure...DONE RIGHT!

NO PLASTIC TACO!

King Hssss treatment please!

GO MERMISTA!!!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I like EP Randor, but I cringed when Pixel Dan did his walktrough video after SDCC 2012 with TG and TG stated they ALMOST did Captain Randor from the 2000x series instead of EP Randor, but at the last minute went with EP Randor. I would have preferred that version hands down
    Yes, me too ! I'd have appreciated Captain Randor much more than Eternos Palace Randor !

MYP Evilseed is far more toyetic. They beefed up Evilseed to MOTU levels and made him a Moss Man enemy. The Filmation version looks like some silly avocado-headed guy in a robe.
    Nope. He looks like every other guy, but with some spikes. The uniqueness of the FM version would make a much more interesting toy to me, and that head design is that makes him much more appealing. He is freakishly hideous, not just some green muscle guy with a head that does NOTHING to evoke a connection with plants. Beefed him up to MOTU levels? Hardly. The old version had Eternia to its knees, everyone, and he did it though manipulation and mastery.

The MYP version suffers from the same affliction that most of the redesigns from that show do: uninteresting and typical. They had some winners with guys like Dactys, but Evil Seed boring and reeks of that late 90s style. FM Evil Seed all the way. He will be completely unique, much more creepy and no one else will be like him.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

I agree here. IMO they should stop doing straight Filmation versions. They stand out too much for being bland. They should do more in terms of meshing all the styles into one figure. Filmation might be memorable to a lot of people, but if you show people He-Man they will still know it's him regardless if it is a Filmation picture or not. That style is dated and campy compared to today's standards. Getting EP Randor instead of Captain Randor was painful. It might just be my influences growing up but I prefer detail and uniqueness with characters. I personally believe that the 200X series did a better job of defining the characters and their looks. It was just marketed wrong and not aimed at kids like it was in the 80s.

Going forward Classics should be definitive versions since we may never get another chance at that character again. I think EP Randor was a miss but the Octavia looks fine so Filmation can be done brilliantly. I am looking forward to a the future of this great line!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    you rarely see requests for Jarvan.

#15= - King/Captain Miro (71/100 votes)
    #15= - Evilseed (71/100 votes)
    I love Jarvan.

Mermista: not high on my list but I'm sure the 4H can wow everyone.

King Miro: he is a must have for me. he is an important figure in the history of Eternia. I prefer the 200x MYP look.

Evil-Seed: A must have villain. I have to say I seriously thought he would have been released at the tail end of 2012. Well that didn't happen, but we had a surprise with Dekker. Maybe 2013 we will get Evil-Seed.
    I would like to see the Filmation version & the 200x to come together some how so there is both looks. Would love to display him as the cloaked look & artichoke head & his complete MYP look. I would also like vine hands & a plant/blade hand as his weapon/accessories gimmick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I only want that badass MYP version, NOT the Filmation version.
    Also, as an aside, I want a two-pack of those hot 2002 Miro guards! I wonder what the chances of those dudes coming out are?
    yeah, I would love to see other good guy warriors. those guards are cool. I also like the Preternia King Grayskull guards & Aveon Warriors too.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    WHAT ????

Blade is Vintage and you don´t want him?

Are you okay?

(Sorry but i couldn´t resist )
    Hahaha, I `m not into every vintage character. I don`t have Teela, Snout Spout or the Sorceress. I cherry pick.

I`m interested in an 200x-style Evilseed, Rattlor & Mosquitor belong to my collection.