Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Popularity Polls 2013 - The Results Countdown!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Modulok: I got to say this guy is going to be epic! ... if done correctly with special time dedicated for him. fingers crossed the lazy method is not going be be executed on him. he needs the works. I want this guy to have detachable parts. I want it so we could build him in many ways. specially the Filmation or Mattel toy version. I'm curious what used & new parts will be for this guy?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Love that the horde is dominating.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Please make Modulok with the existing body size.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Everyone from Dragstor onwards is must have for me.....except Sea Hawk, I just can't stand that guy. I think She Ra/Adora could do a lot better.
    Tung Lashor is personally my most wanted figure. However, since he has placed I will pull for Mantenna to get the top spot.
    But lets face it all the Horde guys/gals are cool, so any of them would be a worthy winner.
    Neutral Forest Spirit

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    But which Modulok are we getting? Filmation, original toy or a mixture of both? Modulok is one of those characters who could benefit from multiple figures, seeing as how he's a shapeshifter and all...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Modulok would make me a very happy boy indeed.

If he's pretty much exactly like the version in Emiliano's visions... *sigh* then YES. Ssssooo happy. Vintage? yes. Filmation? yes. One head? yes. Both heads? yes. Everyone* would get what they want.

...and there is sooo much potential with him (and Multi-Bot) to make Megabeast. You want a hot seller? Here's your boy. You can make a truly grotesque monstrosity... and STILL have options to add more.

Already have the basic stuff, biceps, thighs, Demo-Man shins, Whiplash feet.

So come on already. GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!!

*asterisk denotes that when I say "everyone" I hopefully mean "everyone".
    More Vintage NA for MOTUC in 2016!!
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, Admiral Scurvy, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

For me Modulok has to be the Filmation version. The toy version looks way too goofy and was fun when I was a kid, but does not work as an adult collectible. If we get the toy version I'll likely pass on him like I did with Clawful (who also looked goofy)
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Modulok! I feel he is seriously overdue, and would gladly swap out half the beasts we've gotten for this guy. I do hope they beef him up and make him in proportion with the standard MOTUC buck, and obviously they've done it so many times now with other figures that having interchangeable parts is a sure-fire thing that will happen when they make him. Making a hybrid toy/Filmation version shouldn't be difficult at all. I'm hoping for that nice classic glossy red plastic... he always looked so "wet". So gross, how could you not love it? What I can not wait for is to display him with other characters' heads, arms, or accessories... Think about how freakish a two-headed Modulok would look with one of his classic heads... and He-Man's. Or three Modulok arms, and one Kronis. Or with the Horde Prime crossbow, etc etc. I'm hoping they do take it the extra mile and give him detachable hands this time! Not only should this update be faithful to the original, it should also improve upon it! Gimme a great Modulok, and I'll gladly fork over $50 for one. Heck, sign me up now for at least THREE. Because I want to make the craziest Rob Bottin-inspired beast with these pieces that I can make! I could only have two when I was a kid... oh sweet sweet Mattel, let me make as many as I want now!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

I personally want Modulok and Multibot as a single release so we can build Mega Beast. Neither of these guys are favorites of mine but I do want them. I just want to get them together and out of the way.

Wow! Everything from #10 down are all winners.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    But which Modulok are we getting? Filmation, original toy or a mixture of both? Modulok is one of those characters who could benefit from multiple figures, seeing as how he's a shapeshifter and all...
    Couldn't you get both in the same figure?

I can't see Mattel releasing Modulok as a standard figure. He has to come with detachable "parts." In essence all you really need for the Filmation version is an extra leg and a few deco updates to the original figure's design. Emiliano did a great design on him that combined both versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Wow! Everything from #10 down are all winners.

Couldn't you get both in the same figure?

I can't see Mattel releasing Modulok as a standard figure. He has to come with detachable "parts." In essence all you really need for the Filmation version is an extra leg and a few deco updates to the original figure's design. did a great design on him that combined both versions.
    oh yeah thats right. Emiliano is awesome.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Congratulations to kylun flac – the only person to correctly predict the next result!

#4 - Two-Bad (86/100 votes)

Last time: #1 (92/100 votes)

Last year’s front-runner drops three places to number four, but it’s guaranteed he’ll still be a mammoth seller. I consider him the last absolutely essential villain for Skeletor’s forces – you can keep your Ninjors, Blast-Attaks and Twistoids. Two-Bad’s the only man (men?) for the job. He’ll be a certain sub-seller – I presume – for 2014. I’d like it if his look was more vintage than 200X, but it’d be cool to see the mace-like accessory the 200X figure came with. I’d also prefer his arms to hang down by his side like others in the line. With the improved articulation used in MOTUC, this would also allow vintage purists to pose his arms bent at the elbows, parallel with his shoulders ala the original toy if they so wish.

Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Very happy to go with the vintage style guide and the 200x mace would be a cool second accessory. I think Scorpia nailed it when saying Two Bad would be used to sell the 2014 sub. Hopefully see him revealed at SDCC for January/February.
    Neutral Forest Spirit

Modulok is very high one my list, epsically as we didn't get him in 200x. Real name, Galen Nycroft, with the style guide/UK Comics origin please.
    No skinny buck please. Ideally we will be able to remove limbs for all teh vintage part like in Emiliano fanart, and with any luck we might even be able to make the Earl Norem poster/Filmation version him, and I'd be happy for him to take up a higher priced slot like Ram Man.

Wow I'm suprised to see Two-Bad at number four when he was last years number one, I thought he'd be one or two again. Two-Bad another favourite of mine as a kid. Hope they put his arms on the side like normal arms and not on the tops of his shoulders like the vintage figure, style guide all the way for this guy I say and also give him open fists so he can hold stuff. Second accessory I hope we get his 200x double headed mace.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    Attachment 81657Attachment 81658Attachment 81659

The one thing I would ask for Modulok is that he be given two torsos. The original figure only had the one torso, so although you could still split Modulok into two separate entities, only one was capable of being humanoid-- the other had to be some sort of strange bug-like creature. Multi-Bot was released with two full chestpieces and could therefore be split into two humanoid creatures, and I hope Modulok will be updated this way for MOTUC.

I hope they go with Emilianos brilliant design when it comes to Modulok.
    As for two-bad they should make his torso more v-shaped like in the styleguide and not rounded like the vintage fig.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Oh gosh yes, I hope that Two Bad's arms are like everyone elses, not like the vintage. Also again, no pancake body please.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Hmm, very interesting that Two-Bad is #4! Very hard to decide who 1-2-3 are between Horde Trooper, Mantenna, and Scorpia. I will just guess based on my personal prefernce - #1 Scorpia, #2 Mantenna, #3 Horde Trooper.

I'm kinda shocked Two-Bad is #4. Doesn't really matter as I'd take pretty much this whole countdown.

Horde Trooper I guess he got a bump with the army builder coming up.
    Scorpia I think will take 2nd. I really want her.
    Mantenna is 3rd, my first, but I don't think he'll place that way.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Congratulations to kylun flac – the only person to correctly predict the next result!
    Wow, I got two right?!

Two-Bad: Clearly the last important villain from Skeletors crew of misfits. Weirdly I forget about him at times. I do hope his figure has his arms at his side like the other figures in the line & no flat back either. That 200x weapon should be included with shield.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    Attachment 81657Attachment 81658Attachment 81659

The one thing I would ask for Modulok is that he be given two torsos. The original figure only had the one torso, so although you could still split Modulok into two separate entities, only one was capable of being humanoid-- the other had to be some sort of strange bug-like creature. Multi-Bot was released with two full chestpieces and could therefore be split into two humanoid creatures, and I hope Modulok will be updated this way for MOTUC.
    I agree about giving Modulok two Torsos. Maybe one could be based on the Filmation look of the character with the Horde logo on his chest, and the other could be based on the original toy.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior
    Emiliano's Modulok would be perfect!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I agree about giving Modulok two Torsos. Maybe one could be based on the Filmation look of the character with the Horde logo on his chest, and the other could be based on the original toy.
    That is an excellent idea!

Two Bad will no doubt be a knock-out of a figure. I am hoping for bright vintage colors and head sculpts, removable armor a la the 2002 era, along with the classic toy shield and 2002 mace, plus another accessory from his (their?) debut MYP episode.

Note to two-torso-wishing Modulok fans: I expect Modulok to only have the one torso. Because, from a Mattel person's perspective: "If they want a second torso to display two separate Moduloks each with it's own unique head, they'll simply have to buy a second Modulok in order to do so... KA-CHING!"
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Two Bad is one of the few figures where I wish the 4H would use a little more of the 200X design than the vintage figure. I feel the 200X design was one of the best.