Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: MOTUC Popularity Polls 2013 - The Results Countdown!

Horde Trooper is definitely a top want of mine. I hope they realize his popularity and make a ton of him outside of the subscription.

I think Mantenna should come with 2 heads, one Filmation inspired and the other 200x inspired with white eyes like the vintage toy. I'd sooner have 2 heads than weapons with Mantenna to be honest (you can always take a weapon from the Horde Troopers set for him or a future weapons pack)
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Heroic Warrior
    Horde Troopers should be a multiples set, but I'd only buy one set unless they provided enough mix and match options to make it worthwhile to buy more than one.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Congratulations to zodak74 for correctly predicting the number one spot! (and 13977 in his opening post!)
    SWEET! Here's hoping we ALL win by getting these guys in the $50 slot in Q4 2013!!!
    I want as many Troopers as I can afford... I never had much of an army when I was a kid (only 2), and when I started recollecting the classic toys in the early 2000s I was shocked by how much they went for on ebay. I am looking forward to these guys and am a bit surprised they haven't been released yet. Here's hoping for some swappable parts to create different Troopers, and a nice assortment of weapons. I want these guys to lean more towards the Palace Guards pak in terms of extra display options and pieces included than the Snake Men pack- which I feel was a bit lacking.

So... that's that, then. This thread was tons of fun... kind of sad to see it over!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Wow, what a countdown...Thanks for putting this together, Scorpia! I've been keeping track of this topic every day as the character selection got better and better. While my top wants are in a different order, it's safe to say that I'd buy at least 95% of the characters listed here. Imagine how complete and extensive MOTUC would be with all these extra figures! In a perfect world, I'd like to see us all voting in 2020 with Crackers the Clown, The Kex Queen, Cutter, Kothos, Maran, Torgul, Zipper, Princess Rana, Chef Allen, and Leon all fighting for the top 10 spots!

Thanks again for the fun topic and here's hoping to a lot of fan-favorites getting made in the near-future!

PS: Pleased to see your interest in Octavia and Scorpia - but please don't change your mind about the June figure!!
    no worries buddy, she's all yours! ... but man does she look cool! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Thanks for doing this countdown, Alex! I want Mantenna to at least come with 2 armors - Filmation Black and purple & Vintage figure Blue and red. I'd prefer to display him with the Filmation armor, but I know others want the blue & red. I hope they give us both and make everyone happy.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Horde Troopers: Its so obvious now. who would not want HT's in there collection? The Horde is not the Horde without HT's. even when you have Hordak, Manntena, Grizzlor, Leech & even Modulock the Horde still needs HT's!
    I have been very antsy for these guys since the line reveled Hordak. I want to get it over with. how much self space am I going to need? I plan on having 10 for my collection. now with rising costs how much are the HT's going to cost me?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I agree with so many that the HT's are essential to the Horde. As an invading army you need, well an army. They are the Stormtroopers of MOTU and definitely are as equally cool. I'm actually most excited to pop a He-Man head on one and have him secretly infiltrate the Fright Zone.

Mantenna is a guy i don't remember well from childhood, but he is someone i REALLY want. Just a unique and creepy guy.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Two Bad is one of the few figures where I wish the 4H would use a little more of the 200X design than the vintage figure. I feel the 200X design was one of the best.
    Yeah, I liked how one half of Two Bad had a different posture than the other guy.

#2 - Mantenna (89/100 votes)

Last time: #2 (90/100 votes)

Mantenna’s a character I’m intrigued to see given the MOTUC treatment. His vintage figure was – arguably – quite ugly. I don’t want a slightly larger version of the vintage figure in my MOTUC collection, personally. I’d rather the Four Horsemen take all of Mantenna’s unique looks and come up with something kick-ass that blows everyone’s expectations out of the water. This is one instance where I hope the use influences from the NECA staction because, while Mantenna’s Filmation look is my favourite, I think a MOTUC version of the staction figure will suit this line best. Four legs, two arms and removable pop-out eyes will make Mantenna a sight to behold and a welcome addition to the Evil Horde. He presents a challenge to Mattel, but with the help of the Four Horsemen, they’ll have the basis for an awesome figure that could sell by the bucketload.
    I've been saying it for years...I really hope for once, Mattel abandons their adherence to vintage design and have Classics Mantenna look like the NECA staction. The vintage figure looked terrible because of the action features making his head big and fat and the whole vehicle thing fusing his 4 legs into 2 normal legs. The Mantenna staction is a great blend of MYP and Filmation.

Give him two heads...eyes popped out and a normal head.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I think that the vintage style suits most of the characters, but not all. If you come across a character like Mantenna where the staction is obviously the best representation by a long mile, go with it.

FURTHERMORE - The vintage didn't get him right in the first place. He has 4 legs, and the vintage just stick two together on each side, it was a cop out.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I wouldn’t be surprised if the success of this figure meant that it alone guarantees some higher tooling slots for 2014 (or beyond) and that they become regulars on Matty, available all year round. Mattel, you are sitting on a silver gold mine with these dudes!
    Horde Troopers are just a liscense to print money, and I hope Mattel realizes that. It is absolutely imperative that they don't botch this figure or underproduce it. I've never been an army builder at all, but even I'm thinking I'll probably get around six of these guys. And they definitely need to be evergreen!

Heroic Warrior
    I think most customers will get only 2-3 sets of Horde Troopers. The price outside the sub will be higher, Castle Grayskull takes a lot of the budget of many customers.

Personally I would get 4-5 sets, depends on how the actual figure will look like.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    this is why I actually DON'T want to see HT's revealed at Toyfair. I'm definatly getting at least 5 (2 packs) of Horde Troopers when they do come, but i actually want about 10 packs.

If they are out this year I will struggle to afford the full amount of 10 as i have already signed up for 2 CG's (with UK postage and customs) - April 2014 would be a great time to buy Troopers for me (things settled after Christmas, no birthdays apart from my own, usually a quiet month for MOTUC, and it's bonus month ££ at work - if i get one)
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    #2 - Mantenna - okay, not really sure about him... I will defer my trust to the Horsemen's decisions on how he'll turn out. I can say that I'd like him to have the lighter pink on the inside of the ears, seperate four legs (a no brainer here), and if not possible to have two heads, at least give us swappable eyes... so you can either have more Filmation looking eyes or the original bloodshot vintage ones.

#1 - Horde Troopers - really surprised at them in first place, I thought the rumblings of the rumor mill would have made them drop a few spots. They will sell very well, more than every other army pack; Matty would be fools to not have produced a ton for evergreen sales.

.... and now I'm sad it's all over. But it was a fun countdown, like the others. Thanks for putting this all together, Alex!
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I've been saying it for years...I really hope for once, Mattel abandons their adherence to vintage design and have Classics Mantenna look like the NECA staction. The vintage figure looked terrible because of the action features making his head big and fat and the whole vehicle thing fusing his 4 legs into 2 normal legs. The Mantenna staction is a great blend of MYP and Filmation.

Give him two heads...eyes popped out and a normal head.
    Personally, I think the original figure was pretty sweet looking (very This Island Earth mutant looking). I'm betting on the 90% vintage look the Classics line has upheld so far for the upcoming Mantenna figure. Come on, Snake Eyes!

Score!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I pretty much think the Classics Mantenna will look like the Staction (four separate legs is a MUST) but the limbs and torso will the the size of regular MOTUC figure and the eyes will be that same colour as the vintage toy. I'd be fine with Mantenna only coming with one weapon as he has an extra set of legs.
    I've been wondering if Mantenna could share a torso with Lizard Man...they were both thin in the cartoon (and Mantenna's staction figure was too) and as a cost-saving exercise, this seems to make sense!

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I never had Trooper as a kid but I'd loved to get two in Classics. I'm not an army builder so will only get two but I'm sure some people will buy loads of them. I'm also not interested in variants like Sea Troopers and repaints. Hope they come with vintage toy and Filmation weapons.
    Oh, I wasn't talking about the Sea Troopers as a variant - just as an extra head, like the Palace Guards. It'd be a fun way to pack them out and add to collections.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I think Mantenna should come with 2 heads, one Filmation inspired and the other 200x inspired with white eyes like the vintage toy. I'd sooner have 2 heads than weapons with Mantenna to be honest (you can always take a weapon from the Horde Troopers set for him or a future weapons pack)
    Yeah, I don't think Mantenna needs a ton of weapons. Just the crossbow is fine for me - a second head would be amazing if it were done in the Filmation style. I just love that goofy screw-up!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    So... that's that, then. This thread was tons of fun... kind of sad to see it over!
    Me too! I'll update the main page with the full countdown and a few other bits in a day or two

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    Wow, what a countdown...Thanks for putting this together, Scorpia! I've been keeping track of this topic every day as the character selection got better and better. While my top wants are in a different order, it's safe to say that I'd buy at least 95% of the characters listed here. Imagine how complete and extensive MOTUC would be with all these extra figures! In a perfect world, I'd like to see us all voting in 2020 with Crackers the Clown, The Kex Queen, Cutter, Kothos, Maran, Torgul, Zipper, Princess Rana, Chef Allen, and Leon all fighting for the top 10 spots!

Thanks again for the fun topic and here's hoping to a lot of fan-favorites getting made in the near-future!
    Thanks for the comments Micro-Man - glad you enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    no worries buddy, she's all yours! ... but man does she look cool! ...
    Phew!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Thanks for doing this countdown, Alex! I want Mantenna to at least come with 2 armors - Filmation Black and purple & Vintage figure Blue and red. I'd prefer to display him with the Filmation armor, but I know others want the blue & red. I hope they give us both and make everyone happy.
    Pleasure, buddy! As always, the enormous geek inside of me enjoyed doing the countdown far too much!

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    Horde Troopers are just a liscense to print money, and I hope Mattel realizes that. It is absolutely imperative that they don't botch this figure or underproduce it. I've never been an army builder at all, but even I'm thinking I'll probably get around six of these guys. And they definitely need to be evergreen!
    Yup. They're a massive cash cow waiting to happen. I don't know how Mattel would estimate their demand though - some sort of poll to subscribers would do the trick, but their past record indicates that they won't do anything like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Nianotreve View Post
    If they are out this year I will struggle to afford the full amount of 10 as i have already signed up for 2 CG's (with UK postage and customs) - April 2014 would be a great time to buy Troopers for me (things settled after Christmas, no birthdays apart from my own, usually a quiet month for MOTUC, and it's bonus month ££ at work - if i get one)
    I agree with this. There is a danger of Mattel saturating the market with too many more expensive items at once (just like they did with Granamyr and Procrustus). It all rests on what the 'surprise announcement' is, for me. Either way, we know a $50 army builder is coming at the tail end of 2013. I just hope Mattel give some breathing space between that, the announcement and Castle Grayskull!

Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    .... and now I'm sad it's all over. But it was a fun countdown, like the others. Thanks for putting this all together, Alex!
    Not a problem at all, Eric!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Thanks for doing these polls Alex I've really enjoyed them again.
    It should be interesting if you do them again as we are getting more and more of the heavy hitters
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    I want Mantenna with the regular MOTUC buck and with heavy vintage and some 200x influences. The skin color could be brighter. Don't like the skinny version...

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I really enjoyed participating in the count down. I looked forward to it every day.
    I'm sure the count down took some effort & work. but stuff like this keeps my anticipation for motuc ongoing. thank you so much.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    I really enjoyed participating in the count down. I looked forward to it every day.
    I'm sure the count down took some effort & work. but stuff like this keeps my anticipation for motuc ongoing. thank you so much.
    couldn't have said it better myself.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Personally, I think the original figure was pretty sweet looking (very This Island Earth mutant looking). I'm betting on the 90% vintage look the Classics line has upheld so far for the upcoming Mantenna figure. Come on, Snake Eyes!
    I agree completely. Vintage Mantenna was one of my favorite figures and his face was actually pretty fierce and he was built thick like the rest of the MOTU figures. I never liked the FilMation version in characterization or appearance and the staction is scrawny. Four legs for sure, but the build and head shape should take their primary queues from the vintage line.

Abandoning primary queues from the vintage line for a character that had a figure goes against the spirit of Classics. All other properties are adapted to fit in with the Classics aesthetic as derived from the vintage line. I love all the different corners, PoP, NA, etc, but they all need to be Classics. Changing Mantenna would make him, well, not Classics.
    Last edited by Veebs; January 25, 2013 at 12:21pm.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Just looking through this thread again and realized that there are actually 131 individual characters in this list. That's a HUGE amount of figures!
    At 17 figures a year (12 monthly, 1 sub fig, and 4 quarterly) that is another 7.75 years!
    At 18 figures a year (12 monthly, 1 sub, 1 SDCC, and 4 quarterly) that is another 7.25 years!
    At 19 figures a year (12 monthly, 1 sub, 1 SDCC, 1 traveling con, and 4 quarterly) that is another 7 years!
    At 25 figures a year (12 monthly, 1 sub, 1 SDCC, 1 traveling con, 6 extra sub figures (i.e. filmation sub), and 4 quarterly) that is another 5.25 years!
    at 31 figures a year (12 monthly, 1 sub, 1 SDCC, 1 traveling con, 12 extra sub figures (i.e. full year filmation sub), and 4 quarterly) that is another 4.25 years.

We are so far from finished... And that 131 is still skipping things like beasts (arrow & Clawdeen) and most of the giants (ABC and the filmation rock/sand monsters).

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    Just looking through this thread again and realized that there are actually 131 individual characters in this list. That's a HUGE amount of figures!
    At 17 figures a year (12 monthly, 1 sub fig, and 4 quarterly) that is another 7.75 years!
    At 18 figures a year (12 monthly, 1 sub, 1 SDCC, and 4 quarterly) that is another 7.25 years!
    At 19 figures a year (12 monthly, 1 sub, 1 SDCC, 1 traveling con, and 4 quarterly) that is another 7 years!
    At 25 figures a year (12 monthly, 1 sub, 1 SDCC, 1 traveling con, 6 extra sub figures (i.e. filmation sub), and 4 quarterly) that is another 5.25 years!
    at 31 figures a year (12 monthly, 1 sub, 1 SDCC, 1 traveling con, 12 extra sub figures (i.e. full year filmation sub), and 4 quarterly) that is another 4.25 years.

We are so far from finished... And that 131 is still skipping things like beasts (arrow & Clawdeen) and most of the giants (ABC and the filmation rock/sand monsters).
    True but even if you break up and count individually the ABC Giants, The Twiggets, and New Adventures Scientists that leaves 115 that have not been revealed yet.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.