Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Popularity Polls 2013 - The Results Countdown!

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    *hangs head in hands* Doh! I've taken little-to-no interest in the 30th Anniversary figures, so I forgot about him. I know nothing about Waspor though - have you got a link, 13977?
    No sketch has ever been shown, we don't know if they even got as far as designing/sketching him, it may never have been more then an idea or future plan they had. All we know is this one line from Val:

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    In the 2002 comic, Emiliano and I were going to have a bad guy called Waspor that was part of Skeletor's crew, as a counterpart to Buzz-Off.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Sorry, the heart wants what it wants.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    Sorry, the heart wants what it wants.
    I can forgive, but I cannot forget. At least you want Peekablue.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    No sketch has ever been shown, we don't know if they even got as far as designing/sketching him, it may never have been more then an idea or future plan they had. All we know is this one line from Val:
    Thanks for that buddy. Interesting, but I don't really like the idea of 'opposites', I gotta say. There are great rivalries between characters that don't need to be opposites - Staghorn and Sagitar spring to mind. The only opposite they have going on is good vs. evil...

----------

#28= - Loo-Kee (57/100 votes)

Last time: #32 (55/100 votes)

Everybody's favourite annoying little critter lands with a bump at number 28. This fills me with nostalgic joy - because it shows that even one of the most 'hated' characters in the mythos has a strong fan base and is likely to sell just as well as someone like Castle Greyskullman. Not much more to say really, other than I hope Loo-Kee along with other 'little guys' gets some appreciation in the line soon. It's been nearly two years since Orko for Heaven's sake. He needs Kowl, Imp and other Trollans to play with.

#28= - Geldor (57/100 votes)

Last time: #33 (54/100 votes)

The winner of this year's fan choice slot was Geldor and we know he'll be joining shelves of subscribers in November 2013. Can't believe we'll have to wait THAT long and we're talking about it now. Crikey. Personally, I'm more interested in what's to come before him. I always felt he had a fairly plain design and will probably make good use of Tri-Klops' armour. He may of course give Mattel a cheaper figure to make, allowing them to focus some cash on those sculpts requiring more new parts. I also hope Mattel do more fan choice votes, but include some of the less obscure characters to make the race a bit more exciting.

#28= - Lord Dactys (57/100 votes)

Last time: #36 (51/100 votes)

He's been on the 'rumoured' list for ages, so I wonder if he'll appear some time soon. I think fans would have preferred that he prop up 2012 instead of Dekker, but 2012 was ordered before the subscription debacle that almost saw MOTUC's downfall. I imagine he'll look pretty swell when they get to him - probably reusing Drago-Man's wings and parts from the insectoid/beast figures like Buzz-Off and Clawful. I also hope they allude to Batros in his bio - he referred to a wayward son in the Underworld episode and MOTUC provides the perfect opportunity to tie them together, IMO.

#28= - Veena (57/100 votes)

Last time: #31 (56/100 votes)

It's hard to believe that the line started waaaaaaaay back in 2008 with a convention exclusive of King Grayskull. This was a good sign, as the line's been inclusive (although could have done more for some factions, IMO). There's surely room for Grayskull's widow before the line waves us farewell - with all the Royal Family out of the way, Veena seems like something special (and we haven't had any POG figures lately, although I imagine Eldor is on the way). I also hope she's in her original MYP colours and not the Sorceress-esque colours from the second minicomic.

Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Loo-Kee has gone from someone I hated back in the day, to a figure I acquired several years back that I've come to appreciate as a cool '80s toy, to a figure in MOTUC that I feel is quite long overdue. I've felt for some time that a pack of little guys would be the perfect counterbalance to all of these very large items the line has been flooded with over the years (Granamyr, Swift Wind, Wind Raider, the giants... all of these things are ginormous and eat up so much action figure shelfspace!). We only have Orko, Cringer, Tri-Klops' doomseeker, and way too many birds. We need the likes of Madame Razz, Imp, Loo-Kee, Old Man Marzo, Dree-Elle, Twiggets, Gwildor, etc. to help balance the line out size-wise. I don't think Loo-Kee should be packed in with a normal 6" figure the way Orko and Cringer were. I think in order to give him proper articulation and paint apps, he should come on his own blister card, but give him a handful of accessories (could be things like Etherian artifacts, or items like Bubble Power She-Ra's sword done in white for Netossa, a silver PoP shield for She-Ra, a repainted weapon in Frosta colors... that sort of thing). Or if they wanted to go all out, pack a nicely sculpted 6" Whispering Woods tree with Loo-Kee. Something you can "hide" him in. Heck, do something cool like that, and I'd buy a few just to get more of the tree prop and sell of the spare Loo-Kees!
    Geldor didn't actually get my fan vote. Mine went to Cloak & Dagger Evil-Lyn. But had she not been on the list, my vote would definitely have gone to Geldor. If they reuse Tri-Klops' armor that's alright, but would prefer something newly sculpted- as otherwise he IS just all normal male MOTUC parts. If they are going to reuse Trike's chest harness, they should at least give him several accessories. And one of those should definitely be the Secret Liquid Of Life vial. I have no doubt that he's going to look great though. I imagine he's going to have a really great headsculpt.
    While Prahvus is my #1 most-wanted MYP character at this point, Lord Dactys is pretty close behind. I wanted a figure of this guy in the 2002 toyline but was denied. I don't know about retconning Batros to be his wayward son, but I really like the idea of Batros being a nemesis of these actual batpeople... sort of like how I think Catra would be after the powers/treasures of cat folk like Carnivus or Kittrina, I could see Batros as someone who's mostly human but desires the domain, wealth, powers, etc. of Dactys' species. Not to mention coveting all of Lord Dactys' books...
    Veena. I often forget about her. Sure, she'd be a cool figure to get- but I don't know that I'd welcome both a Veena and a 2002-styled Sorceress in MOTUC. Maybe if they made her a 2-in-1 figure like Queen/Captain Marlena Glenn?

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Now we are talking, some great characters in there..... with the exception of Loo-Kee.
    I think we may well see Veena in the 2013 sub as well as either Dactys or Evil Seed. I would be pleased to have all 3.
    Geldor got my vote in the fan's choice and is a figure I always wanted to see made as a kid. So I am very excited for him.
    Neutral Forest Spirit

Aww Dylamug barely missed the top 30

Crita & Dactys are in my top 20 so good news there.

Geldor is a must own, only reason he's not in my sig, is I know he's coming. He had my vote with 0 hesitation. That is the comic I most remember. Yeah he's a blah Mr. T reject, but nostalgia trumps that for me.

Loo-Kee yup I so want him. I would have a blast hiding him in the collection. I think he's a fun little dude. I always look for him in the episodes. Only thing I feel is a must for the figure is being able to wave. Not an action feature, but like Mer-Man & Slushy. Oh you could not have picked a better screen grab of him.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

A gigantic collective YAWN! Shouldn't the choices be getting better as the numbers get smaller?

As for the previus step, Fang-Man is one of the few figures next year I'll be trying to get. Flutterina as the vintage doll has a decent action feature, but I don't need too many winged characters to eat up shelf space.
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I don't know about retconning Batros to be his wayward son
    I'm on the other side of the fence- I think it would be great to have Batros retconned as Dactys' son. I think it would give him a better back story and hopefully change his appearance some. I don't want a straight Filmation or MYP representation of any character, I want an overall representation of the character. Sometimes it's meant an MYP look, sometimes Filmation, or style guide, or vintage toy, and sometimes even a mixture of two or more. Fisto, in my! opinion, is perfect. I love Clawful...except for his awful head- a great representation of a character that isn't overly MYP, but not straight vintage or that horrible Filmation, IMO.

Batros, in my universe is a Horde member; and I'm afraid that straight Filmation interpretations will leave Batros and Vultak as looking too much alike. Another I would like to see him retconned as a Spelean.
    Figures needed before I open up my MIB collection...by Factions:

Heroic/Evil Warriors: Ninjor

Evil Horde: Dragstor and ANY other Horde member!

Snake Men: Sssqueeze, Blast-Attak

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Geldor and Dactys will make cool figures! I also believe that some kind of connection between Dactys and Batros in the bios would be great!

As for Crita, I don't like her that much... I see her as nothing more than a substitute for Evil-Lyn. There are so many ladies that I'd like to see before her in MOTUC: Glimmer, Angella, Scorpia, Granita, Madame Razz, Castaspella or Entrapta are much more needed than Crita (in my humble opinion)...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

I look forward to Geldor and Veena. Dactys and Loo-Kee I'd be fine without.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'd hazard a guess that God Skeletor would be fairly low - but imagining the sculpt, I'm sure people would be convinced to make a purchase!

No, I didn't think to include him. I had to draw the line somewhere. I guess to me, he's far too similar to Zodak and what with him, Zodac, Zodac (TRU) and Strobo, I feel a little Cosmic Enforcer'd out!
    Golden God Skeletor. I wanted him back in 87 during the movie. I seriously thought a toy of God Skeletor, movie He-Man, Skeletor Troopers & Karg would have been toys. I wanted them ever since. I had my fingers crossed when this line began with high hopes. I still want these movie characters. sadly it probably will not happen.

Zeelhr will be a character I'm going to need to make myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Bad of me to say, but I'm glad it didn't happen.

- - - Updated - - -

#28= - Geldor (57/100 votes)

#28= - Lord Dactys (57/100 votes)

#28= - Veena (57/100 votes)

It's hard to believe that the line started waaaaaaaay back in 2008 with a convention exclusive of King Grayskull. This was a good sign, as the line's been inclusive (although could have done more for some factions, IMO). There's surely room for Grayskull's widow before the line waves us farewell - with all the Royal Family out of the way, Veena seems like something special (and we haven't had any POG figures lately, although I imagine Eldor is on the way). I also hope she's in her original MYP colours and not the Sorceress-esque colours from the second minicomic.
    Loo Key. is a character I would like pack with someone. I think it would be fun to hide him among my other figure & try & see if I can see him. kind of like a game of were is Waldo.

Geldor. I'm real glad he is going to be made as a figure. I just love those solo villains. And I do like that he is a human. We only have Marzo & Jitsu so far for human bad guys. So he is very welcome among my collection. I like to envision him as an enemy of Randor or Miro than He-Man.

Lord Dactys. the guy is awesome. what is interesting about him is he looks like he should belong with the evil warriors, but he is one of the good guys. I like that. I'm confident we are going to get him before the line ends. curious what kind of legs & feet he will get. if they give him unique legs/feet could they work for other characters like Hunga the Harpy?

Veena. A must have character & so is Eldor. Eldor 2013!!
    I seriously hope she is keeping her 200x colors not the Sorceress colors. It's important to tell them apart as different characters. that mini comic has me worried about her colors being changed. don't screw this up matty.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Lookee would be awesome. I was never able to find one as a kid and always wanted him. I finally tracked a moc a few years ago really cheap. Would like I see an updated version.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    PEOPLE! Focus, please.

Oh! Look who it is...

#30 - Crita (53/100 votes)

Last time: #40 (46/100 votes)

Self-proclaimed 'Queen Crita' arrives at number 30. But, which look do you prefer? For her 'queen' look isn't particularly regal to me - it's her first and more iconic 'hot mess in an evening gown' look that I prefer. And that hairdo! It's so pricelessly 80s it's unreal (the show would've been developed in the late 80s, so I imagine Crita's inspirations were none other than Jon Bon Jovi and Bonnie Tyler). Crita's one of my most-wanted females in the line. On the villain front, Scorpia and Shokoti are practically guaranteed, but I hope the line finds space for this biker rock chick who made Skeletor weak at the knees. She could be worthy of 'that Adora moment' if her reveal is timed right.

http://he-man.org/more/2011-fan-poll-images/Crita.jpg
    #30! Not bad, not bad at all Crita!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    #30! Not bad, not bad at all Crita!
    Exactly not a bad place for our girl.

The #28 reveal i want them all and will be getting Geldor with my sub would've preferred he be Illumina. Lord Dactys, Veena, and Loo-Kee i want them really bad they all three really need to grace my shelves.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

#27= - Gwildor (58/100 votes)

Last time: #27 (61/100 votes)

It's been almost two years since we all got the first Cosmic Key accessory in MOTUC - with Preternia Disguise He-Man - and still no sign of Gwildor. One thing we do know is that the character dies - whether that's of old age or through battle isn't yet known, but we can presume that his bio will tell all when the character is released. How essential is he to your collection? He's fairly low down on this countdown (and always has been, in fairness). Would you want him simply because he's a vintage MOTU character over someone like Batros? Or Glimmer? Or Flogg? They're all still to come, but only time will tell if this 100% newly-tooled character will grace us with his presence in The A-List Years.

#27= - Perfuma (58/100 votes)

Last time: #34 (53/100 votes)

It's interesting then that a character like Perfuma would land at the same spot as Gwildor, yet he - as a vintage MOTU character - is likely to get an automatic free pass to the line, while she's practically guaranteed to be waiting on the 'naughty list'. It's no surprise that I'd prefer Perfuma to Gwildor - and many others, to be honest - and if they do ever get to unleash her flowery frilliness on the general public, I hope they amp up the pink. She was a girly character, so let's celebrate that. As a flower lady, she is a girly-girl, but she still has Evilseed-style powers. Just so happens she fights on the side of good. Perfuma's a great example of the variety and diversity seen in the MOTUniverse - makes it a far richer place to me than if everyone was a thuggish barbarian.

Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Gwildor. of core I would want him just for the nostalgia. Although I didn't like him much as a kid. I just want a complete collection. I feel its a little unfair that Gwildor is more likely to get a pass over Master Sabrian. Gwildor never had much of a role. what I mean is hes like a guest character.

Perfuma. I want her! A top list-er for me. I would like her real soon. Castaspella, Peekablue, Angella, Perfuma, Glimmer are my favorite gals from POP.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I like Gwildor (as performed by Billy Barty, a figure from many of my childhood favorite movies) and I would like to see him released.

Perfuma has a nature theme going on and that works in her favor for me. I think she'd make a good release and I'd especially like for her flower sprouting back pack to be reimagined as a stylistically flowered mortar/cannon/bazooka.

4H, if/when you get around to doing Perfuma, PLEASE stay away from the Filmation Lily Allen version entirely.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    #28 - Would love to see Loo-Kee come along, maybe packed in with Madame Razz or someone else. Dactys would be a nice addition as well. Pass on the others.

#28 - Perfuma! I need her in my life! I would like to see the choker and earrings from the style guide on her, but to me she must have the double rose belt from the toy above everything else. Gwildor would also be a fine addition to the ranks, though I'm not that into the character.
    More Vintage NA for MOTUC in 2016!!
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, Admiral Scurvy, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Gwildor and Perfuma. A couple of years back, these two would have been at the bottom of the barrel in terms of possible classic MOTU and PoP figures that could get an update in the new line. Now I can appreciate what they would add to each faction, and I feel the time is now to bring these two into the fold. Gwildor and his invention of the cosmic key seem to play a pivotal role in the MOTUC storyline, so he's a no-brainer. I could see them coming up with parts that could be shared between him, Loo-Kee, and an Old Man Marzo variant. The movie cosmic key is nice to have, but I do like that vintage toy design and so would like to see that as an accessory for him. But I would also like to see some of those items strapped to his chest done as removable bits that he could hold in his hands too.
    I know they keep doing the Filmation versions of the PoP gals, and I doubt they are going to veer off the path, but boy- with Perfuma they would be wasting such an opportunity to make her actually cool and useful if they stuck with styleguide/cartoon stylings for her. Look at the classic toy. There's potential there to make her look like a badass. She has a backpack that doubles as a bazooka... and sure- it shoots a giant flower petal, but her powers could be similar to that of Poison Ivy, Stinkor, Moss Man, and/or Evilseed. She could be so cool! But man, if they stick with her Filmation incarnation, not only is it going to be a weak-sauce action figure, she's also going to be the laughing stock of modern PoP.

Widget
    Mantenna or Two-Bad for me

Yikes. Gwildor was always one of the lamest characters ever, and that hasn't changed. I would not be upset whatsoever if they never get around to him. And Perfuma is probably the absolute worst of the POP gals. She's just so...girly and silly. The 4H really need to give her some kind of edge in order to make her appealing.

Heroic Warrior
    Geldor & Lord Dactys for me...

Looking forward to getting Gwildor & Perfuma.

I couldn't care less about Geldor, Veena, Loo-Kee, or Lord Dactys.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    4H, if/when you get around to doing Perfuma, PLEASE stay away from the Filmation Lily Allen version entirely.
    I'm sorry, but please 4H, sculp her in the Filmation version.