Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Popularity Polls 2013 - The Results Countdown!

I was very frustrated with Netossa's reveal last summer, only because I wanted so much more for this figure and it still to me looks so lacking. What we're getting is presented well, but she screams "INCOMPLETE!" in terms of decor, armor, and weapons. Had I never heard of her, I'd think "Oh, she's a really nice looking female figure!", but knowing what her classic toy was, I can't help but look at MOTUC Netossa and think "They should have included both more toy elements, and some newly-created items to arm her up with".
    I do indeed want Imp, but would prefer him to come with Filmation Hordak for that whole "two birds, one stone"/"I don't want to wait any longer for these two!" effect
    Huntara I'm sure would make a great figure. But for some reason I'm just not jonesing for her. At all. Not sure why, but she's always been sort of "meh" to me. I'm sure I'll do a 180 on her if they turn her into a figure, but if she gets left out in the cold, I'm fine with that too.

I'm happy Netossa is the Jan figure. There's some woulda, shoulda, coulda concerning her regarding accessories and that's fair.

What could have been does not detract from what is with Netossa though. I also love her bio, for me it is an example of how I'd like to see all the bios. Who she is, where's she's from, what she does, how she does it, and why she does it.

Imp & Huntara I can live without.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Netossa is like Double Trouble, just a very boring character IMO. I think her figure looks great but I can't get over the fact that her gimmick is just...for lack of a better word...bad. Sorry.

Huntara on the other hand is pure awesomeness. She was one of the first POP Filmation characters I thought of when Mattel annouced that they had the rights. I'll admit Geldor got my top vote in the Org poll but Huntara was a close second.

Imp is one of my favorite Filmation characters and a must have for any Horde display. I always loved his interaction with Hordak. I'm glad to see he scored so highly.

I have wanted Imp since a little kid. Never cared about Netossa, and no interest in Huntara.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior Fearless Arriflex's Avatar
    Woah, I hope they'll review a brand new filmation subline with Huntara as its first figure in New York 2013!
    MOTUC Most Wanted:
    Sagitar - Tuskador - Saurod - Mermista - The Crimson Fury - Entrapta - Kittrina - Artilla - Sssqueeze - Garth - Vultak - Dylamug - Lodar - Ninjor - Admiral Scurvy

Isn't the red bat monster with the Hordak figure supposed to be Imp? That was always my take on that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    Isn't the red bat monster with the Hordak figure supposed to be Imp? That was always my take on that thing.
    No it's suppossed to be an updated version of the vintage Hordak's red bat accessory. As a child, I always thought that it was a shield but in actuality, it was just a small pet bat I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    No it's suppossed to be an updated version of the vintage Hordak's red bat accessory. As a child, I always thought that it was a shield but in actuality, it was just a small pet bat I guess.
    It's been shown as a shield in artwork before, with Filmation Imp clearly a separate being.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless Arriflex View Post
    Woah, I hope they'll review a brand new filmation subline with Huntara as its first figure in New York 2013!
    Thats what I would like to see. a filmation sub line.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    #20=Lord Masque - (65/100 votes)
    Multi-Bot: I'm either or one this one. character has some good potential being made as a figure in motuc. I feel rather indifferent. my thoughts are that he is cool & I want to be complete, but also could ignore this character easily if he wasn't made.

Double Trouble: this is one of the pop character that I often forget about & have no connection to. I could like her more if I know more of her story & character. something else would be more art & an updated motuc figure. she is almost a pass.

Skeletor’s Hover Robots: I would like skeleton warriors (mvc comics 2002) or the soldiers from the 1987 movie. I kinda have lot interest in these guys. I would want six if they came out. I still have my fingers crossed for skeleton warrior.

Lord Masque: must have this bad a** villain. masque is a top pic character that I want desperately in the line. I think it would be a good idea to have him in a 2 or 3 pack along with Shokoti & Melaktha. Melaktha has a much better chance if he is in a multi pack of some sort. but anyway Masque is so awesome & dark. way cool.

Madame Razz & Broom: the character is silly but is a must have just like Orko is. unless you want to ignore Razz & Orko all together. I would get her just to be complete.

Netossa: glad she is coming out earl. I'm not to thrilled about her cut in accessories. I don't care about her net cape I think its a little lame. give me a real net one that is not plastic. I really hope the plastic net/cape of hers does not break. another thing I was really looking forward to her head dress. for weapon accessories I think I will buy a custom sword or use the Goddesses spear weapon.

Imp: I would rather forget about this silly character all together. I would much rather have the bat/imp that we already got painted blue. I would be happy with that.

Huntara: she is cool, but I don't care about her. not sure why I just don't feel a want for a figure. I would buy but would skipper her if I didn't have a sub.

funny now that we are getting more up there in the polls in popularity I'm personally finding less to be excited about. I must lean towards lesser known less popular characters. I must be on the minority for motu fans.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

#18 - Dragstor (68/100 votes)

Last time: #14 (77/100 votes)

A small fall in numbers for Dragstor, Evil Drag Queen of the East (OK, I made that last bit up, but it's got a certain ring to it). Another unique sculpt from the line, I wonder if he'll become another recipient of the Trap Jaw legs - personally, I'd be fine with this as his vintage legs are quite similar. I'm not sure he could use the standard male torso, what with the need for his wheel to be included (which, by the way, has to move - it just has to). He's a Horde member I remember fondly from my youth, as he was part of the later waves to be released. I always wished he'd show up on Etheria in She-Ra, but alas that was never to be. I predict that ole Draggy will be a surefire addition to MOTUC in the All-Star Years.

Last edited by Scorpia; January 2, 2013 at 05:05am.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Dragstor!!! This guy was a favorite of mine when I was a kid... but honestly I do keep forgetting about him. Might be because when I started recollecting the line as an adult off of ebay and the marketplace, I never for whatever reason got my hands on a new Dragstor for my classic collection. And then they totally skipped him in 2002's relaunch. So he's fallen behind some of my other old favorites in terms of figures I want made in a newer MOTU line. Now that we have Classics, I'd love to see him- but would hate to see him reuse Trap-Jaw legs or not have a wheel in the chest that spins. I also worry about him having open hands. Like Sy-Klone, this is a character that just simply needs closed fists... and MOTUC Sy-Klone's open hands is- to me- that figure's biggest flaw. So here's hoping for unique legs, new torso with a spinning wheel (even if you can't really ripcord him across the floor, the wheel that spins even just by finger is a no-brainer), and new gloved closed fists. I also hope that they stick with the glossy look of the old figure. No matte paint and dull shading... this guy needs to look like a human hot rod car with some shine
    Extra accessory-wise, if Mattel DOES decide to give him open hands, then he should have something with little grooved teeth that resembles the ripcord (sort of like they did there with Orko's want). Like a whip, perhaps? He could get your legs with this whip, drop to the ground, speed off and drag you behind him!

Heroic Warrior
    Dragstor is a MUST HAVE figure (but I would really hate it if he came with the Trap-Jaw thighs) ! I think we won't have to wait too long for him, since he's one of the last "normal body" Horde characters that needs to be released (Mantenna, Modulok, Multi-Bot all have many limbs, will require more tooling and might be more expensive too).

Imp would be a cool addition to the Horde ! I always loved this little guy in the POP cartoon ! And I must add that Imp needs proper articulations.

Huntara could be a nice addition too, IF she's made properly...

Finally got some time to catch up with this thread.

I would like a Hawke figure and while I'm normally championing for 200x influence in the Classics line and while I do love her 200x design I think I'd prefer her in a Classicized Filmation look for MOTUC.

Like all the vintage MOTU figures I'd love a Blast-Attak but no action feature emulation needed please. I didn't have the figure or mini-comic as a kid so I always assumed he was an Evil Warrior based on his look and I think he was grouped/pictured with them in UK comics, but MOTUC bio wise I hope he's a Snake Man created by Snake MAA.

Lizard Man and General Sunder are two Filmation characters I simply have no interest in.

Yeah I'd take Spinnerella, higher then most of the pop gals as she's a wind sorceress which I think is quite Sword and Sorcery/Fantasy and I tend to prefer the POP gals that have that feel to them.

I'd take Peekablue but not overly excited, around the middle of my POP list.

Icer is another FIlmation I just don't understand the love for, I mean he's just so plain and bland. I have zero interest in him but if we did get him I think he would need to be HEAVILY classicized. Something like what Gbagok did with him, give him some armour and cape (removable of course so fans have the Filmation version as well):

Saurod is very high on my list! This guy could be so cool as he's got so much detail the 4HM could really go to town on but he's probably gunna need lots of new tooling. I had this figure as a kid and loved it!

I'd take a Sweet Bee and would prefer her in Filmation colours. She has such a beautiful face I really hope it comes better then Froster's face.

To be honest I wasn't really that fussed about Granamyr and I would have much preferred him in green. However I have ordered one but would still buy a green re-release.

Strongarm is another Filmation i just really don't get the love for Plain and bland design and his basically concept Fisto. Big no thanks from me I'm afraid. I know I said the same thing about Lizard Man and Icer but given the choice I'd gladly take both of them over this guy.

I love to get Multi-Bot, but obviously would prefer Modulok first. I much prefer the toy version, wouldn't really be interested in the Filmation version.

Double trouble is my most wanted of the POP gals. Her helmet makes her look more like a warrior which I like, but I really hope the base her on her mini-comic look, especially the helmet as the figure helmet was way to big and clunky in order to accommodate the action feature, which I don't want to see emulated in her Classics figure like the M-E-F figure did.

I love to get the Hover Robots but I want the 200x skeleton warrior's and Skelcon's even more

Unlike most Filmation figures I think Lord Masque would very little Classicization, he's very high on my Filmation list, easily in the top five.

While I'm not overly fussed about Madame Razz & Broom (sorry Alex) I'd probably buy them if they come out but I'm not comping at the bit for them either, then again I'm not really an Orko fan either.

Netossa was one of the POP gals that was a little higher on my list but without her sword and mask she looses some of the warrior feel I like about her. I really hope we can get the sword and mask included with another figure.

I'm not fussed about Imp or Huntara. I'm in the group that see's Hordak's red bat shield as Imp and Huntara I'm just not interested in.

Dragstor, real name: Theydon, is very high on my list hope we see him and his former friend Extendar soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I don't understand the love for Lizard Man.
    Nor me mate

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    I tend to forget about Spinnerella, Flutterina, Sweet Bee, Mermista, Entrapta & Double Trouble. All not high on my list.
    Thats funny because they're actually the ones I prefer

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    I never got Icer's appeal. Not one i am interested in.
    Same here pal

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I could see Saurod and Lizorr sharing parts, especially if a "scaled buck" is developed.

I would also like to see some sort of snap-on translucent plastic laser blast effect that could snap on to the front of his mouthpiece, in order to replicate his spark-shooting vintage feature.
    Now both of those are excellent ideas mate!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Icer is another FIlmation I just don't understand the love for, I mean he's just so plain and bland. I have zero interest in him but if we did get him I think he would need to be HEAVILY classicized. Something like what Gbagok did with him, give him some armour and cape (removable of course so fans have the Filmation version as well):
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...s/icer_bio.jpg
    Gbagok's updated interpretation of Icer won me over. Same for many other characters that are lesser known or not as popular. Like Jitsu, Lodar, Peekablue, Melaktha, Horde Prime, Negator, Nocturna, Hek-Tor Kur, Perfuma, Count Sneer, Crimson Furry & Lizzor. If there were some sort of media that promoted MOTUC more with art, comics, cartoons or advertising things may be different about some of these lesser characters. Sadly a lot of them were not in the spot light very often, mostly staring in one appearance or as background characters.

- - - Updated - - -

18 - Dragstor (68/100 votes)
    Dragstor: was my #1 favorite bad guy. I thought of him as the Boba Fett of MOTU. I was a kid.
    I didn't care for the wheel gimmick instead I pretended he had a jet pack that allowed him to fly. He was a lot of fun.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

#17 - Eldor (69/100 votes)

Last time: #21 (67/100 votes)

Another lone MOTU character before we move onto a handful of characters sharing the sixteenth slot. When He-Ro was revealed a few years ago, everyone was speculating that Eldor would be next. Since then, we've seen the Star Sisters and Vykron on the prototype side and plenty of concept characters like Vikor and Demo-Man, so it seems like ole Eldor's been a little bit neglected. Now, there are other prototype characters still to be made - Darius, Mara and the Gleanons/Galactamytes at a push - but Eldor's top of the pile due to his connections with the vintage line (and the Powers of Grayskull faction). Maybe he's being held onto by means of ransom for the line. Although Master Sebrian means more to me because of his cartoon appearances, Eldor (as the 'other' major old man in the line) will make an interesting addition to the line.

Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

#17 - Eldor (69/100 votes)
    Eldor: Must Have! Hoping for 2013 since it didn't happen in 2012. I seriously expect Eldor to be in MOTUC if that dose not happen I will be very mad.

ELDOR my most wanted figure! I'm really surprised we haven't got him already, I was expecting him not long after He-Ro. Book and a staff is essential.

Eldor: Must Have! Hoping for 2013 since it didn't happen in 2012. I seriously expect Eldor to be in MOTUC if that dose not happen I will be very mad.
    Yeah if we don't get Eldor in MOTUC after getting He-Ro and the Star Sisters it will be a crime IMO.

Gbagok's updated interpretation of Icer won me over. Same for many other characters that are lesser known or not as popular.
    Same here mate, Gbagok's has won me over on several Filmation characters I thought were incredibly lame originally.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    #20 - Multi-Bot - obviously not as excited to get him as his flesh and bone counterpart, but still a pretty big want for me. I feel like he could share different legs with Artilla and Hoove, if the 4H want to get creative.

- Double Trouble - cannot wait for you, gurl. She will be brilliant. I hope she's in the mix in the near future.

- Hover Robots - would be nice to get, but not craving them.

- Masque - Shokoti made more of an impact, but I'd like to see him come along sometime down the road. If not, he'd be an easy custom.

- Madame Razz - OH DEARY MY, this is what I'm talkin' about. Razz is like Weaver and Scorpia, long overdue. She's in my top 3. Need her. NEEEEEEEED.

#19 - Netossa - sooooo happy she's coming in a few weeks. Beautiful! (and yes, she needs Spinny to stand alongside her) Hope we see her missing mask and sword show up sometime this year.

- Imp - I don't hate the lil guy, but there are several characters ahead of him Filmation-wise that I'd like to see before he appears.

- Huntara - and she'd be one of them. She's like Shokoti, a very memorable 'one-shot' character that deserves a slot in the line.

#18 - Dragstor - I admit he's pretty low on the Horde list for me, but I'd still like to get him.

#17 - Eldor - you crotchety old coot, get your butt in the line. He'd be a great sub exclusive.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Eldor is definitely someone I want as a figure very soon. He is the Obi-Wan type MOTU doesn't have many of.

Heroic Warrior
    Eldor is a must for MOTUC ! He'd bring more diversity to the line, and his role is important in the mythos. If done properly, I'd surely buy him ! Eldor, Mara and Darius are the only prototype characters left that deserve a figure, IMO.

He is one of my most wanted figures. If we don't get him I consider the kind incomplete pretty much the same as if we didn't get Two-Bad
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I really do hope that Eldor was already in the works for 2013 before the sub sales went down last summer... because I fear that otherwise, he'll end up on the chopping block. I've wanted Eldor for so very long- I even wanted the Commemorative Series back in 2001 to have an Eldor & He-Ro "re-issue", yet it was not to be. And then the 2002 series completely ignored Eldor and He-Ro for new ideas like King Grayskull... so when MOTUC announced they would be including these kinds of prototype characters, and then we got He-Ro in 2009... well, I've been jonesing hard for an Eldor figure for quite some time! I have hope, since he turned up in the new mini-comics, that he'll appear this year. I want to know more about this character, what exactly his Book Of Living Spells can do, and more importantly I want him to reappear in the current MOTUC timeline as part of the action
    I also think he would be a great candidate for a new male open spell hand sculpt. Though if worse comes to worse I imagine they could just reuse the Marzo/Faceless One open hand and that would probably work out fine. I also hope that his book can actually be opened and shut to reveal the little holograms within. We got this sort of thing with the Sy-Klone and Fearless Photog chests already, so hopefully it won't be too hard for them to figure out how to do this for the Classics Eldor.
    Last edited by zodak74; January 2, 2013 at 03:51pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't think Eldor's chances are all that bad. When the sub drop happened, TG did say that while they were going to move away from concept characters, those that actually made it to the prototype phase in previous lines were still very much on the table. I'd guess that includes Eldor, Darius, Mara, Evil Robot (I still sorta contend he was regular-sized and not a beast) and the Galactamaloeanwhatevers.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Good night...

Scorpia come on!!!!! Over a month now and we havent cracked the top 10!?

I need to see if Mermista made it into the top 10 again!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I mean top 20...

But then again....we are at 17...and I know there is NO way that Mermista was forgotten...she is WAY too cool and I know how many fans are going to love her and be their #1 female figure of the line...

Not to mention, like I have before, the first EVER mermaid action figure and no Disney Little Mermaid dolls do NOT count!

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    It's been shown as a shield in artwork before, with Filmation Imp clearly a separate being.
    So my mother was wrong. I wasn't crazy.

#18 - Dragstor

Eh...I could live without him. Never really cared for him. I actually owned him as a child but traded him for Mosquitor.

#17 - Eldor

Now this is a character I really want. I'm quite surprised he hasn't shown up as the club exclusive yet. I thought he was a "shoo-in" for it. I think he'd make a great addition to the POG shelf.