Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Popularity Polls 2013 - The Results Countdown!

I am really happy and surprised Huntara is in the top 20! I almost gave up hope for her after all the doom and gloom with the low sub sales fiasco. If there are talks of Nephtu getting done, I had better get a Huntara!

I would buy any other character on this list as well.

I have to agree with everyone else about the "lil" guys in the line, as in...where are they!?

I love having the giants & the beasts & the people...but it would be great to add another layer to it.

Having Imp/Kowl/Madame Razz & Broom etc. would bring in some great visual dimension to the collections.
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    ELDOR
    Same here mate, Gbagok's has won me over on several Filmation characters I thought were incredibly lame originally.
    Truth be told if I was only looking at the characters how they are & only how we seen them in the media that they have been in I would not give them much of a thought. But I look at the potential they do have as figures, interesting characters & additional story to the MOTU mythose.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

I hope Eldor makes it into MOTUC.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    I have to agree with everyone else about the "lil" guys in the line, as in...where are they!?

I love having the giants & the beasts & the people...but it would be great to add another layer to it.

Having Imp/Kowl/Madame Razz & Broom etc. would bring in some great visual dimension to the collections.
    Quoted for truth and they are all major players.
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Imp Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor Evil Seed Lizard Man Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian Dree Elle Montork Miro Blast Attack Multi-Bot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

#16= - Ninjor (70/100 votes)

Last time: #9 (82/100 votes)

Ninjor is the first to fall out of the Top Ten this year, but given that he was from Mattel’s self-confessed ‘cheap wave’ like Scare Glow and King Randor, I’d expect to see him make it in the line. In fact, I’d expect everyone from here on in to be made. Ninjor was never a favourite of mine – he felt like a TMNT rip-off, which I didn’t feel we needed. Heck, we had Jitsu. And we’re getting Geldor this year, who I see as similar. Who knows when Ninjor will grace us with his presence, but I’d expect to see him in the All-Star Years.

#16= - Blade (70/100 votes)

Last time: #21 (67/100 votes)

…and we also have Blade! Suddenly, there seem to be a lot of swordsmen at Skeletor’s disposal. I’d never given it any thought until now, but I hope Mattel space these guys out a little or the line is going to feel remarkably bland. Blade is, however, the highest ranked MOTU movie character, which I don’t find particularly surprising (although I do think Saurod is cooler). On the plus side, all of these guys could utilise the standard male buck and we’ve got boots, hands, arms and other bits all ready and waiting to be used. I foresee an enormous sword-slashing swashbuckling battle scene being posed in the houses of MOTUC collectors very soon.

#16= - Kowl (70/100 votes)

A little POP love in amongst some very, very bad men. I dread to think what they’d do to poor, harmless Kowl – strip his feathers and use him for a cushion, perhaps?! Only if Ninjor, Blade and Batros had a particular fondness for home comforts, of course (frankly I can’t see any of them needing a cushion, but I digress). Kowl reaches the dizzy heights of being the most fan-demanded ‘little guy’, which is hardly surprising as he was sold as She-Ra’s equivalent to Orko and became one of a handful of folks to know her secret. This little dude is vital – long overdue, IMO. Can’t wait to add him to my collection.

#16= - Batros (70/100 votes)

Finally for this batch is Batros, one of the most requested one-shot Filmation villains. There are FIVE higher than him – care to try and work them out? A couple may stump you. I think Batros’ popularity stems from the fact that he could be granted some sort of connection with the Evil Horde because of his own emblem. I’d be happy if Matty point at this in his bio, but I don’t want him to be made a member of the Horde immediately. Why not? Because the story possibilities could offer so much more. One thing I’m very excited about is to see what accessories the Filmation characters get packaged with – what suggestions would you have for Batros? A book or two?!

Last edited by Scorpia; January 3, 2013 at 12:08pm.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Heroic Warrior
    Ninjor, Blade, Kowl and Batros are ALL part of the characters I need badly in my collection ! I'd even say they're must have ! I would like to see batros coming at least with a sword or a weapon.

BLADE!!!

to be honest, i'm not surprised he's the top-ranking '87 movie character ... saurod is way cool, but blade just has something special ... i love the whole space-pirate vibe ... his armour, his appearance - everything, is just brilliant ... and of course evokes so many good childhood memories in regards to the '87 movie ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

*IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN*

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'm most down with so far:

Caz
    The Scientists of Primus
    The ABC Giants
    King Ahgo
    Drissi
    Master Sebrian
    Baddhra
    Hoove
    Spinwit
    Butthead
    Vizar
    Nocturna
    Tuvar
    Tuskador
    Artilla
    Kayo
    Staghorn
    Kittrina
    Darius
    Mara (preferrably Toga Mara)
    Goat Man
    Quakke
    Illumina
    Lizorr
    Calix
    Crita
    Flutterina
    Hunga the Harpy
    Prahvus
    Veena
    Perfuma
    Flogg
    Hydron
    Sagitar
    Granita
    Hawke (MYP version)
    Blast-Attack
    Spinerella
    Peekable
    Icer
    Sweetbee
    Strongarm
    Double Trouble
    Masque
    Madame Razz
    Imp
    Huntara
    Dragstor
    Ninjor
    Blade
    Kowl

I've always thought Ninjor was cool. He came out during the "Ninja Craze" of the 80's. Everyone was doing it...Wolverine was fighting ninja, Daredevil had ninja up the wazoo, the TMNT was influenced by Daredevil, there were tons of ninja B-movies going to video.

As a kid, I thought that Blade was awesome. Nowadays, I think he's a cool design, but a little redundant with Tri-Klops around.

I'm not too keen on Multi-Bot and I like him even less than Dragstor. Even back in the 80's he seemed like a redundancy of Modulok and then I hated how the Horde started to become mechanicized, instead of a few really nasty creatures. LOL, it almost seemed like how Capcom seemed to run out of ideas for Mega Man enemies after the first few games. Dragstor is the Turbo Man (from Mega Man 7) for the Horde.

I'm also not too fond of the lesser Filmation additions to the Horde (Vultak, Dylamug, Colonel Blast, Admiral Scurvy, Acrobad) save Shadow Weaver, Catra, Scorpia and Octavia. I think the Filmation Horde women kind of added something to the Horde akin to how Sorceress, Teela and Evil-Lyn add something to their "boys clubs". I also like Imp. I'm not found of little jokey characters, but I've always liked his design.

I'm more of a fan of the mini-comic Horde, where Hordak was like this D&D type Elder Evil and his few henchmen were these really powerful guys. This sort of mirrors the Luna-Taks (at least when they FIRST appeared) or the MYP Snake Men.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Ninjor & Blade are cool figures but I could not get them and be fine.

Kowl would be something different and add another creature to my line-up so I'd be ok with receiving him.

Batros is one I'd really like to see released. He has a cool theme and looks like he has that bright red Horde logo I've come to love so much in MOTUC (I never had any Horde as a kid).
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I take all four of them this round.

Ninjor is very high on my list. I never had him, or Scareglow, as a kid but I loved the mini-comic and UK comic origin storys which made me want them even more.

Blade is also very high on my list. He is the only one of the three movie characters I didn't have as a kid, but one of my best friends did have him and I always really wanted him.

I would really like a Kowl as I love the Wuzzles but only in style guide/Flimation colours, not the toy colours. Kowl is the stand out and best of the little guys for me as he's not outright comic relief like Orko, Imp, Madame Razz etc. I think he's need to be a pack-in but I'm not sure who with Razz and Broom might be a good choice but that be too much new tooling for one SKU/Slot?

Batros is in my top 5 Filmation characters, he needs to come with a book or stack of books. I agree a big part of his popularity is his assumed connection to the Horde, that and he just looks bad ass! I also agree he shouldn't be made a member of the Horde immediately. I'd like to see him at least start off as an independent villain. I see him as a fanatical Horde obsessed Eternian who possible joins the Horde once they are released by Evil Lyn, much like Odiphus wants to join Skeletors warriors. But once he is a member he is looked down upon by Hordak and the rest of the Horde, much like Kobra Khan is by the SnakeMen. One day he grows tired of this treatment and betrays Hordak by giving Skeletor some valuable information that ultimately leads to Skeletor becoming powerful enough to defeat his former master Hordak.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    Only need Ninjor...

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Only need Ninjor...
    WHAT ????

Blade is Vintage and you don´t want him?

Are you okay?

(Sorry but i couldn´t resist )

There are five more Filmation characters or five more Filmation villains coming?
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Imp Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor Evil Seed Lizard Man Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian Dree Elle Montork Miro Blast Attack Multi-Bot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

I'm shocked Extendar is nowhere on this list

Snappy Threader
    Blade, Ninjor, Kowl....I want them all right away..........

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I'd take a Sweet Bee and would prefer her in Filmation colours. She has such a beautiful face I really hope it comes better then Froster's face.
    Same here. I'm hoping all the POP females are given Filmation-accurate faces (and hair) from here on in - as is evident by this thread. You can redeem yourself for your Madame Razz indifference by posting there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Scorpia come on!!!!! Over a month now and we havent cracked the top 10!?

But then again....we are at 17...and I know there is NO way that Mermista was forgotten...she is WAY too cool and I know how many fans are going to love her and be their #1 female figure of the line...
    Haha, I'm doing a single number per day. Some will include one character, others will include more. Mermista is coming... Where do you think she'll land?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I'm also not too fond of the lesser Filmation additions to the Horde (Vultak, Dylamug, Colonel Blast, Admiral Scurvy, Acrobad) save Shadow Weaver, Catra, Scorpia and Octavia.
    Really, MGM? Vultak in particular really fits in with the original Horde wave, IMO. He'd look ace alongside Grizzlor, Hordak and Leech. Admiral Scurvy I LOVE because he's so horribly evil in his episodes and Dylamug's just creepy-looking... Not fussed by Colonel Blast or Acro-Bad (who ain't a Horde member by the way ), but I doubt they're top of many fans' lists.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Ro View Post
    I am really happy and surprised Huntara is in the top 20! I almost gave up hope for her after all the doom and gloom with the low sub sales fiasco. If there are talks of Nephtu getting done, I had better get a Huntara!

I would buy any other character on this list as well.
    Huntara's always done pretty well in the polls. Although I'd rate the other POP toyline ladies higher than her (except Double Trouble - sorry, zodak74...), I want her badly. Huntara perfectly defines the difference between a one-shot character and a cool one-shot character...

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    There are five more Filmation characters or five more Filmation villains coming?
    Characters, bribri... Care to give it a go?
    Last edited by Scorpia; January 3, 2013 at 01:03pm.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Is this list something Mattel asks for us to do to gauge demand, or is this just an Org thing?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Is this list something Mattel asks for us to do to gauge demand, or is this just an Org thing?
    This is just a bit of fun, He-Kal. It's not known whether Mattel look at this list, but it's certainly intended to turn some heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    This is just a bit of fun, He-Kal. It's not known whether Mattel look at this list, but it's certainly intended to turn some heads.
    Ok--I just had an moment when I saw Extendar not on this list. Please Mattel release Extendar!!!!
    On a positive note--at least Dragstor is near the top , so that's a plus
    Last edited by He-Kal; January 3, 2013 at 02:18pm.

Finally for this batch is Batros, one of the most requested one-shot Filmation villains. There are FIVE higher than him – care to try and work them out?
    Scorpia
    Shokoti
    Octavia
    Evil Seed
    Plundor

On second thoughts I'm not sure as Scorpia and Octavia were in more then one episode.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

The #16 spot is all "win."

Batros has been one of my top Filmation wants since forever. He's just a really cool character. I remember asking Santa for his figure never knowing that Mattel never made one.

Ninjor was one of the very few vintage figures I never had. I remember passing on him several times as a child when at the store. I always thought he was cool but I seemed to always find something I wanted more. He's a cool character and I later regretted never picking him up.

Blade is one of my most wanted figures. I just love his character and quite frankly he is, IMO, one of the only good things about the movie. I REALLY hope we see him soon.

And that leads to Kowl. The only POP figure I owned. He is IMO the best mini-character in the whole MOTU-POP-NA-200X franchise. I was SO DISAPPOINTED when Mattel premiered Bow but no Kowl to go with him. In fact, if you watch the presentation at SDCC, you can hear me yell "where the [heck]is Kowl?" in the background when Scott revealed Bow.

As for the other 5 Filmation characters, it's gotta be:

Scorpia
    Shokoti
    Octavia
    Evil Seed
    Sea Hawk
    Last edited by Bonehead; January 3, 2013 at 05:46pm.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    he felt like a TMNT rip-off, which I didn’t feel we needed. Heck, we had Jitsu.
    Funny that's how I seen him too. In fact I only really started playing with him when I got into TMNT. I played with him all the time with my ninja turtles.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Oh! Then there are six.

Should have been more specific - not just one-shot ones

16 is a hot spot!
    The thing that gets me jazzed about the prospect of Ninjor in Classics is finally being able to (hopefully!) pull off some amazing poses with this guy. The classic toy had cool accessories and design-wise looked pretty damn cool... but you couldn't do much with him, I always felt. Now we'll have a Ninjor that can take a huge swing at He-Man with his nun-chucks (hope they have a real chain like the original, and are not molded in one piece), maybe be able to have him hold his sword with both hands (this is a figure that should have two hands for holding weaponry!), and- well- the bow.. not sure what they'll do with that or how he'll hold it effectively where it won't look weird. He's not my most-anticipated by any means, but I know he'll turn out really cool when they do get to him.
    Blade on the other hand is someone I can't wait to see Classicized and hope that he's a 2013 release. It's been a long time coming, getting ANYBODY from the '87 movie in Classics. I am looking forward to the Four Horsemen fleshing his details out some more- those knives on his upper thighs, that projectile weapon on his wrist. They're kinda flat on the original toy, and while I'm not expecting all kinds of removable cutlery, I do hope they at least do what they did with Tri-Klops' little daggers on his back, and sculpt out Blade's various weapons. Besides, his swords will probably be identical, and the boots are already there thanks to Snout Spout, and the body is so very basic... it would be nice to see them put extra effort into armor and added-on bits.
    I am in the minority in regards to Kowl. I want to see him flocked and colored just the way he was in the PoP toyline. I don't really like his Filmation colors at all. So, while I anticipate this one's release (the little guys- Orko and Cringer aside- have been woefully neglected in this line in favor of enormous, shelf-hogging beasts, vehicles, and giants!), and I'm sure the Horsemen will do him justice, I don't know how I'll feel about the finished product due to my nostalgic vintage-era leanings on him.
    After Shokoti and Masque, it's all about Batros when it comes to what Filmation villains I want sooner than later. People might think it's silly, but I really do think he should come with a little stack of sculpted books. And I look forward to his bio and wonder how they might try to tie him in to the other eras. A relation or enemy of Lord Dactys? Member of the Horde? Denizen of Snake Mountain? He also ideally would get some inventive newly created weapons. A staff with the wolf head from the Snake Mountain playset microphone, perhaps?