Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Popularity Polls 2013 - The Results Countdown!

#14= - Rokkon (72/100 votes)

Last time: #18 (70/100 votes)

Rokkon lands with a bump at number 14 - his peak position in the three years I've been doing these polls. Funnily enough, he and Stonedar received the same amount of votes last year and in 2011 - this time, for the first time, they're separated...the big daddy of the Rock People has blasted ahead! But by how many votes? Place your bets now! I'd be happy to get the Rock People in my collection, but only if they also include Granita. The trio encapsulate the idea of rock people for me and Stonedar and Rokkon are far too similar to be posed without their female counterpart.

#14= - Entrapta (72/100 votes)

Last time: #22 (66/100 votes)

Entrapta's popularity surges. Now we have Shadow Weaver, Catra and Octavia on the way, it's obvious that Scorpia's the number one Horde lady to arrive in the line - but Entrapta's demand is surprising me. She's up there with Mermista, who was outlined as an essential POP character, so I hope Entrapta gets some love from TG. Of course, her hair could cause some challenges if they don't go down the 'rooted' route (which worked for Grizzlor, by the way). How do you see them enacting Entrapta? However they do it, I think she'll add a bit of glamour and variety to the Horde shelves of fans - this line needs a bad gurrrrl who traps enemies with her extra long braids and Entrapta's the woman for the job.

Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

I really hope we get Stonedar and Rokkon. While I'd love a Granita, I'd settle for the 2 original toys. I do not require that they transform into rocks as I will never ever display them in "rock mode."

It will be interesting to see the Entrapta design they go with. I think PoP figures in general should utilize a lot more metallics in their design. By that I don't necessarily mean vac metal, but just metallics like on He-Ro's armor or Fisto.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post

yeah, I would love to see other good guy warriors. those guards are cool. I also like the Preternia King Grayskull guards & Aveon Warriors too.

For the life of me I can't recall what the King Grayskull guards looked like...

- - - Updated - - -

Color me impressed!
    Rokkon, is, without a doubt, my single, #1, most-anticipated, "if they don't make him this time I'm going to throw a fit!" reveal of the entire Masters universe. One of the first characters in the roster that flashed in my brain back in 2001 when it was revealed there was going to be a new MOTU toyline with updated versions of the classic characters in both toy and cartoon form... was ROKKON! If I had a nickel for every time I've said that, I'd have enough money for at least two more Castle Grayskulls. He's always been my favorite classic figure (well, he and Zodac are pretty tied. But in every incarnation of MOTU- I've never had to wait very long for a Zodac to come along in some way, shape, form, or ethnicity). 2002's revamp came and went and there were no Rock People/Comet Warriors to be found. The closest thing i got was a meteor shower manipulated by Evil-Lyn to cause the Masters a terrible headache in "The Beginning, Part 2". It did not bring Rokkon and Stonedar to Eternia like I was hoping it would. I know ToyGuru has mentioned these guys more than once in the past. I hope it means they are a shoe-in for upcoming figure releases before the line dies. I know I've always thought a two-pack would work for them, or a three-pack with Granita... but, I was so let-down by the Star Sisters that I'm not convinced anymore that they would get proper execution in a two-pack. So single-carded releases are what I'd like, instead. I want proper paint apps (Rokkon's is especially vital... his classic toy is so freaking cool. I'd hate to see them muck up his Classics figure with the wrong silver and blues, you know?) and for them to be able to fold up into rocks. This can't be THAT hard for the Four Horsemen and Mattel's design team to pull off. I mean, it worked perfect in the '80s. Except for the fact that the design team has messed up Stinkor, Frosta, Roboto, King Hiss, Granamyr, etc... um, should I be worried about how the Rock People will fold up without breaking? Figure it out, folks! There has to be a way to get them to turn into rocks, yet still have some of the articulation they lacked in the '80s. I don't expect them to have ab-crunches, but they should still be able to turn head, waist, wrist, bend at the knees and elbows, shoulder articulation, etc. Oh, and the gun! Take some liberties with that radar chest/gun thing... I think it should look like it did in the '80s but maybe minus the "plugs into the chest" bit. I always thought that was a lil' bit odd about these guys and I'd be happy to just have them hold the weapon in their hands. Have I said enough? I'm running out of breath here...
    Oh yeah! ENTRAPTA! She's right up there, but just a tinsy bit below Double Trouble, as far as most-wanted PoP gals go. It's fitting that she's tied with Rokkon for #14! Though I would have paid in tears to see them crack the top 10 together... LOL. Maybe next year? Hair and paint execution aside, she's GOT to be coming soon... I mean, she's pretty simple. Her entire body from the neck down is Castaspella! She will require a whole new skirt. Oh no, the tooling dollars! She will please me one of two ways: vac-metalized (I'm having no issues with my Hurricane Hordak flaking, so I'm a fan of the vac-metal in this line), or done a REALLY nice gold- like Jitsu's glove. Not crappy brownish murky dull gold like She-Ra, Randor, Carnivus, etc. They have trouble making gold look as good as gold, and so far the best example I can find is Jitsu's glove, and some of the parts on Bow. I do NOT want her Filmation colors. She's got to be sporting that head to toe, statuesque gold look. If they do her Filmation style, somebody's getting a flaming bag of poo on their porch. The hair will be the biggest challenge. I'd love to see actual rooted hair this one time, but if they go with plastic- will it be articulated? Or made of some sort of bendy material (after Snout Spout, doubtful)? The limitations of Classics is EXTREMELY annoying in cases like these. We'll be paying $25/$27 for a new Entrapta, and yet after almost 30 years there's going to exist a modern-day action figure that will not be able to grab and hold warriors in her hair. How stupid. Prove me wrong, Mattel! P.S.- give this gal some weapons, too!
    Last edited by zodak74; January 5, 2013 at 10:37am.

I am always down for some more Horde.

As for the rock guys, part of me only wants them if they can fold up into a rock. Not sure if they would do that now.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    And 13977 wins! No Plundor or Jarvan - it would've been interesting to see how the former would've done, but you rarely see requests for Jarvan.
    I'm not saying I really want a Jarvan figure but I'd certainly take him over many of the Filmation characters that have been included in these polls.

I'm very pleased with Rattlor, I always loved the first three SnakeMen as a kid and their mini-comic story. I'm a little disappointed he didn't come with his 200x armour but we know its been sculpted so hopefully we'll get it with another figure or weapons pak.

Also very pleased with Mosquitor, GREAT mix of vintage and 200x here. I was so glad we got the little insect arms with him as after Buzz-Off and Webstor got them I think it would have been inconsistent if Mosquitor didn't. I was hoping for the tanks as well but I'm planning on repainting some Stinkor tanks for him as I was predicting thats what Classicized Mosquitor tanks would have been if he'd gotten them anyway. Yeah the teaser photos from Toyguru were really fun, I wish we'd see more of that sort of stuff.

Mermista iss high on my POP list, again this because I think Mermaids are very Sword and Sorcery/Fantasy. Defiantly needs a King Hsss style swappable legs/tail feature. Weapon wise a trident and maybe the standard POP shield would be fine.

King/Captain Miro is very high on my 200x list and overall lists. Defiantly needs to but MYP style not Filmation, in fact I wouldn't buy a Filmation one. But with them using the MYP one in the new mini-comics I've very hopeful we'll gut that one. Plus with the Secret Origin of Skeletor mini-comic coming out this year that will feature Miro and has him on the cover, it would be a great year to get Miro

Evilseed, 200x all the way IMO! I'd be fine with getting two heads like we did with Horde Prime and maybe a removable brown cloak, but for me the 200x version is the definitive version of Evil seed and he's very high on both my 200x list and overall lists.

Rokkon, loved that comet warriors as a kid I used put them in front of Grayskull like in one of the mini-comics. I would love these guys and Emiliano's vision of them was amazing!

Entrapta is tied with Double Trouble for my most wanted POP figure. I'm hope for sculpted hair and Filmation colours with a removable Horde logo on the belt or chest. Hope we see her soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    I agree --^ Generic 'old man' figure
    The Filmatin version is agree but the MYP version is kick ass!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    I like EP Randor, but I cringed when Pixel Dan did his walktrough video after SDCC 2012 with TG and TG stated they ALMOST did Captain Randor from the 2000x series instead of EP Randor, but at the last minute went with EP Randor. I would have preferred that version hands down

Same here mate I was so so disappointed when we found out Captain Randor was bumped for Filmation Randor and now I fear we wont get another Randor variant I really really want both version of Randor MYP helmets so bad, if we cant get full variants of Captain Randor and MYP Battle Armour Randor then I hope we can at least get both their helmeted heads with another figure like we're getting the Zodak head with Strobo.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Playing catchup...

#16 - Ninjor - honestly, with Two-Bad, I feel my Evil Warriors faction would be complete. But I won't say no to him.

- Blade - same deal as Ninjor.

- Kowl - Yeah, he's a must. I'd like to see both colors, but if we have only the choice of one, I say go with the Filmation version. Oh, and FLOCKING.

- Batros - Love this guy, only one of a few Filmation MOTU characters I am eagerly anticipating.

#15 - Rattlor - most boring of the Snakemen for me. But I have him, and he's lovely, regardless.

- Skeeter - Despite mine breaking, he's very nice, visually. Should have had the optional blood tanks though.

- Mermista - I want her, but she's dropped quite a bit in my wants list compared to the other GR ladies. Make her Style Guide version with a removable toy belt and I'm on board.

- Miro - the only remaining king I'd love to see besides Ahgo. Shoulda been him in the sub instead of King He-Man...

- Evilseed - Onionhead all the way!!! If I had to take the MYP version I'd prefer the one that Orko first discovers, the 'shell' form.

#14 - Rokkon - not on my radar, but I'd gladly take him.

- Entrapta - YAY!!! Another of my TOP 3 - prefer her completely like the toy with Filmation face and removable Horde symbol (belt buckle, crown piece, armband, etc). Rooted hair would work very well with her, cause she's gonna be trouble to stand up correctly... the lush. Not sure about vac-metal, but if they can make it weeeerrrkkk, go for it. Happy to see all the love for her.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

rattlor & rokkon are both childhood favourites

i think i used to mix up my rokkon & stonedar with my transformer toys! ... awesome playability, i loved their rock-forming action feature, definitely one of the best features in classic MOTU ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

I vote blast attak, as usual
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Entraptais one of those characters I want but don't know how in the world Mattel could do her. Rooted hair would be ideal but for some reason I know the majority wants sculpted hair for some reason. The only real problem I have with her character is that she's so "non-Horde" looking. One of things I like about the Horde is how unified their looks are with all the Horde symbols. It makes them look like an army. Entrapta though, much like Cy-Chop, looks out of place. The flipside of this problem is hopefully Mattel will use this somehow in the bio. Maybe she's a freelance villain that just works sometimes for Hordak?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    MYP Evilseed is far more toyetic. They beefed up Evilseed to MOTU levels and made him a Moss Man enemy. The Filmation version looks like some silly avocado-headed guy in a robe.
    Beefed up???

Like I said earlier, the Filmation version was feared by everyone and took over the Palace and Snake Mt. at the same time. It took the combined powers of He-Man, the Sorceress, Orko, and Skeletor to defeat him. The MYP version was just made into the Evil Warriors version of "Moss Man."

While I admit the robe the Filmation version had wasn't anything special, his head was just so creepy and unique. The MYP version just looks like a lime-green Carnage wannabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Entraptais one of those characters I want but don't know how in the world Mattel could do her. Rooted hair would be ideal but for some reason I know the majority wants sculpted hair for some reason. The only real problem I have with her character is that she's so "non-Horde" looking. One of things I like about the Horde is how unified their looks are with all the Horde symbols. It makes them look like an army. Entrapta though, much like Cy-Chop, looks out of place. The flipside of this problem is hopefully Mattel will use this somehow in the bio. Maybe she's a freelance villain that just works sometimes for Hordak?
    I like the idea of her working with Catra, both independent of the Evil Horde. I don't picture Catra as someone who would work under Hordak after he gets his butt handed to him by She-Ra and is chased off of Etheria. And, once Skeletor defeats Hordak once and for all, Catra would no doubt strike out on her own, and Entrapta would partner up with her. I imagine an uprising of sorts on Etheria- surely The Horde weren't the only baddies on the planet? There may be a time of peace, but soon Catra and her own gang would rise up to challenge The Great Rebellion
    But yeah, anyways, give Entrapta a Horde symbol but DEFINITELY make it removable a la the Fighting Foe Men so she can go off and get up to her own brand of trouble...

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    For the life of me I can't recall what the King Grayskull guards looked like...
    If I remember correctly they looked sorta like Ram Man. Not in size or anything just his armor look.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I was so so disappointed when we found out Captain Randor was bumped for Filmation Randor and now I fear we wont get another Randor variant I really really want both version of Randor MYP helmets so bad, if we cant get full variants of Captain Randor and MYP Battle Armour Randor .
    Same here. I must have a Captain Randor so I can display him with my first team of Masters & also Keldor & the first evil warriors.

- - - Updated - - -

Rokkon: Is a big yes! was my favorite as a kid. was disappointed that a 200x character/figure never happened. I would defiantly want him in a 3 or 2 pack with his other rock buddy's. I would be seriously p**** if we only get one rock warrior & then the line ends. thats why he must come in a 2 or 3 pack. there is no other way.

Entraptra: I'm not to thrilled about this character.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

#13 - Rio-Blast (73/100 votes)

Last time: #18 (70/100 votes)

Unlucky for some, but not for Rio-Blast, who climbs five places to number 13. This rootin', tooting', gun-slingin' cowboy divides a lot of vintage fans, like many characters from the latter waves of MOTU and, looking at the parts from the vintage figure, he may need all new parts...except for biceps, I presume. I also wonder if Rio will include any influences from the 200X staction figure, on which he had a snazzy green eye patch and a large cannon on his right arm. I'd welcome slight additions from the staction - as with Mosquitor's extra appendages on his back - as I feel it makes the vintage MOTU characters (who are the most like their original counterparts, when compared to the POP and NA figures) pop a little more.

Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

i love rio-blast ... i still have the vintage figure and i just love the action-features ... it's going to be interesting to see how the 4H tackle this guy, will they just use snap on parts?? ... either way, he's going to come with a bunch of extra parts/accessories i think ...

plus, he looks like he's from bravestarr too! ... ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Heroic Warrior
    Rio Blast is my most wanted heroic figure at the moment ! This guy is awesome, and I expect him to be exactly like the vintage figure (same face, please !), with the canons hidden inside his chest, thighs etc. This is not really an action feature per se, since it's just guns coming out manually from his body ! I cannot wait for this guy !

Rio-Blast is another that I have no interest in. Just don't think he fits in with MOTU
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I like Rio Blast, but I'm not sure I'd like to have a Rio Blast.

I love Rio-Blast and can't wait to get him in the line. He was one of my favourite toys as a kid, that figure just had so much playability. I hope they use his style guide origin which was fleshed out in the UK comics, having him as a member of Starband from the planet Loredos.
    I'd love to him to to have the the 200x arm revolver, either make it slide on to his arm like the MAA arm cannon or have his hand detachable like Roboto's, how ever they choose to execute it is fine I just really hope we get it, however I'm not hold my breath as this guy will already need a lot of new tooling. If the plan ahead and make the hand detachable maybe we could get it with another figure or weapons pack.

Wanted:

Rio Blast at 13, eh? Makes me wonder if Shokoti has actually managed to crack the top 10! Fingers crossed...
    I'm still bitter about the 2002 comments made in Lee's (or was it ToyFare?) by the then brand manager who made the remark that the relaunch line had no room in it for characters from the classic toyline that he thought were silly, specifically Rio Blast. What a dinkus! Luckily we have smarter people in charge now (though many here would argue that... they don't remember the dark days of the 2002 line... LOL!) and I fully expect to see Rio Blast kick ass in his MOTUC incarnation! As for how will they tackle him... I'm not sure if they'll go the extra mile and have a hollow chest where guns will come out- they could use this sort of thing for a Buzz-Saw Hordak figure, but I doubt we'll get a variant of Buzz Saw nowadays anyways... soo... ??? All I know is this guy I'd prefer to be classic all the way. The staction was cool and all, but I prefer a two-fisted gunslinger without so much cybernetic stuff going on...

P.S. Shokoti. #27 in 2011. #22 in 2012. At this point, she's jumped at LEAST 10 more places for 2013!!!

I want Rio Blast oh so badly! BUT, HE NEEDS 200X INFLUENCES!

- - - Updated - - -

I want Rio Blast oh so badly! BUT, HE NEEDS 200X INFLUENCES!

#12= - Snake Face (74/100 votes)

Last time: #11 (80/100 votes)

Snake Face had already been revealed by the time he was included in the polls, hence his slight drop from last time. Mattel’s email revealing prototypes of Snake Face, Octavia and Karatti was a nice little touch for the fans who couldn’t be at PowerCon. Sure, the news broke on sites like the Org, the Fwoosh and Facebook, but it’s little touches like this that make fans feel more valued. I’m not a subscriber, so I sure was pleased someone then posted pictures for all to see. Snake Face looks great – it’s interesting to see characters who were brand new sculpts in the vintage line sharing parts in MOTUC – Snake Face didn’t need his own arms and legs. The existing parts have been added to/modified in a way that makes them look individual, if not entirely unique, to the character.

#12= - Castaspella (74/100 votes)

Last time: #16 (74/100 votes)

Castaspella nudges the three-quarter mark, in terms of her fan demand in MOTUC, but it’s my belief that some who might be on the fence about certain characters may still pick them up when they see the Four Horsemen’s sculpts. I can only imagine how stunning Casta will look and I hope the day comes soon. I hope they integrate her wheel from the vintage figure with the colours and style of the Filmation version to create a nice hybrid of the two designs. In addition, I hope her origin makes reference to her past and rivalry with Shadow Weaver – something that wouldn’t have been possible when the bios were written at the time of Stratos. Casta’s been outlined as an important POP character by Toyguru, so expect to see her some time before 2015.

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    I'm up for everyone from Dragstor.
    Surprised to see Rio Blast and Mermista so high up but I would welcome there figures.
    Neutral Forest Spirit

snake-face is awesome ... another one i loved playing with when growing up ...

on the face of it, he does seem to be the most gruesome/'horrific' character in the MOTU line ... i mean he definitely looks like the most scary looking with all those snakes popping out of his face ...

USE YOUR ILLUSION

I never had Snake Face as a kid but I couldn't be more pleased with his Classics figure. Great mix one vintage and 200x, no goofy face and we are getting his staff.

I'm sorry to say Alex I don't like Castaspella and she's my least wanted POP figure. I like her character and that she's basically the good version of Shadow Weaver, but I just don't like her design, she looks too much like a super hero to me. If I could redesign Castaspella I'd keep her Filmation colours more the most part but make her skirt long, like Shadow Weaver long, and also make the skirt the same blue as the rest of her outfit, maybe have a yellow trim at the bottom. Heck I might even giver her outfit blue sleeves and a back so everything coming off the collar is part of the dress. I think this would make her look more like a sorceress, and the similarities to Shadow Weaver's outfit would be a great connection to their shared history.

Wanted:

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Rio Blast: Rio Blast was my second favorite vintage figures, but I must say I played with him more than any of the others.
    #1 Sy-Klone, #2 Rio Blast, #3&4 Rokkon & Stondar.
    Wow I got to say I'm really looking forward to Rio & the rock warriors into MOTUC. I don't know what to expect with Rio. I guess it will be a surprise. Will he have any 200x influence or extra weapons/accessories?

Snake-Face: He is incredibly awesome! He looks so good. Glad he was the next snake man. I hoping for Tung-Lashor next or Blast Attack. Actually it doesn't matter I'm anticipating them all. I want them all.

Castaspella: High on the POP list. I find her look & colors to be amazing. love that thing on her back. would be nice to see another character with something on there back besides Sy-Klone.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I'm not diggin' the Snake Face as much as I thought I would. He's in limbo right now as I decide to display him or put him away for a rainy day trade.

Castaspella, I want her in theory. I'll have to see her design though and it doesn't matter to me if she has toy colors or Filmation colors, a spinning disk on her back or wrist, but I would appreciate a spell casting hand.