Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Popularity Polls 2013 - The Results Countdown!

Heroic Warrior
    Snake Face and Castaspella are two figures I'd like to buy to complete my collection. That's IF they're made properly, of course...

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Entrapta higher than Mermista?! INCONCEIVABLE! Seriously though, I'm guessing it's the toy fans that spearheaded this popularity, so I'm hoping they get the Entrapta they want. She's definitely one of those where, if they pull it off, she'll be breathtaking. Since they can't pull off Frosta, though...

And speaking of slim chances, MAN I'd so love to have a really well done Rio Blast!

I'm still holding out hope that Glimmer and Queen Angela will put up an impressive showing for the PoP gals.

What I'm curious the most about Rio Blast is what kind of hair sculpt they'll give him. The vintage figure's hairstyle was out of date when he came out. The 200x figure's hair, a sort of buzz cut was a LOT different and shorter than the 70's/early 80's Burt Reynolds lookmof the vintage.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

The vintage hair cut is my hero. That, along with the mustache, is the most amazing style in all of MOTU.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Heroic Warrior
    The vintage hair cut is my hero. That, along with the mustache, is the most amazing style in all of MOTU.
    Agreed !

I'd like him to at least come with a vintage inspired head for the sake of nostalgia, that haircut is what made Rio Blast unique.
    "I've lost something. I don't know what it is, but I know I haven't always felt this... sedated" - Lester Burnham

Rio-Blast will be awesome, no doubt!

Snake Face = mine

Castaspella...I understand the desire to be made into a figure. She's like a Glimmer to me though. Neither one appeals to me visually. I get that they and Angella made the most screen time...BUT I think there are other characters that make a bigger visual impact. Aside from Swiftwind we dont have that in the POP line yet. Angella yes...her wings. Mermista of course! Peakablue for sure!

Despite his recent ebay test shot's armor looking a little bit off, and his shield not looking anywhere near as good as the NECA staction's, I am still very much excited for Mr. Snake Face to arrive this spring. Now all we need is a Tung Lashor reveal and my Snake Men collection will be complete. If we get to Ssssqueeze, that's all well and good and I'll take him. But if he doesn't get made, I'm fine with that- as I was never too too crazy about the vintage figure, and they are not likely going to be able to give the Classics version arms that successfully wrap around another figure. It's Snake Face and Tung Lashor that are must-owns for me.
    I will take Castaspella any way they choose to make her. I loved her few Filmation appearances, and she looks lovely in the style guide. The classic figure was one of the first PoP figures that I owned, and I loved her spinning disc and her electric colors. She looks great both ways. I am betting that the styleguide/Filmation version gets made as a figure and the classic toy look gets left out in the cold. I also think it would be easier for them to give her the "disc" on her wrist as shown in the style guide pic above than it would to figure out how to attach a huge rotating, flat disc on her back while still giving her a full head of sculpted red hair, plus her articulation and all that. This is a female figure that should have two open spell-casting hands. I don't want this magic wielder to have hands for holding weapons. She should have hands posed for hypnotizing (she is the enchantress who hypnotizes, after all) and bolt-blasting. She should DEFINITELY come with snap on translucent "magic" effects on her hands
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Snappy Threader
    I'm not a real fan of Castaspella, for the same reason I'm not a fan of Netossa....no one I knew had one back in the day, and I didn't have any comics, books, etc... with either of them in it. I know the 4H can knock it out of the park though, so I know it will be cool. Snake Face will be pure awesomeness......

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Go Entrapta! I REALLY want her to get made
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

#11= - Stonedar (75/100 votes)

Last time: #18 (70/100 votes)

We’re closing in on the Top Ten, but first let’s reveal the number 11 slots: first, Stonedar! Forever tied to Rokkon for obvious reasons, his points score breaks ahead for the first time in the countdown. Although there are several origins for the Rock People/Rock Warriors/Comet Warriors, Stonedar is generally accepted as being the leader of the group, which may give reason to the slight favouritism over his buddy. The question of transforming into rocks remains though – how will Mattel tackle it? Unique parts or snap-on pieces to the standard bucks? Either way, I hope Stonedar comes as part of a three pack with Granita and Rokkon to keep everyone happy.

#11= - Extendar (75/100 votes)

Last time: #15 (76/100 votes)

It’s worth noting that Extendar and Stonedar represent the last heroic Eternian characters on the list who haven’t already been revealed in MOTUC. There are several other heroes to come out of the sixteen characters left, but they’re all from Etherian shores (and in some fans’ minds, so are Extendar and Stonedar, ironically….!). What with Ram-Man being released as a priced-up ‘oversized’ figure, we can assume the same will become of Extendar, who will need just as much tooling, if not more. I’ll make a wild prection here: $30-35 – as I would expect for someone like Sagitar. He’ll be a tricky customer for the Four Horsemen to tackle – they might as well spend their time on POP if you ask me.

Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Like I said with Rokkon, I love loved the comet warriors and both Stonedar and Rokkon are high on my list. I prefer Stonedar just a little more then Rokkon as I like his crater design and colours over Rokkon's more sharp edge design. These guys could be amazing, I hope they are executed similar to Emiliano's "vision" of them and would be willing to pay a little more for them if done this way

Extendar, real name: Doodon, like Dragstor is also very high on my list and I should imagine he will be executed similar to Tallstar. As well as his shield he should come with a Classicized version of his extending lance seen in his 200x MVC design.
    Having Theydon and Doodon as Dragstor's and Extendar's real names is very important to me, so I hope I'm not disappointed
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    I can see Stondar and his fellow comet warriors being standard motu bucked figures but coming with "snap on's" like Vykron - leg rocks etc would look similar to Tankmans leg pieces. I also think he will come with a solid meteor (around the size of Cringer) as his "comet form" once each piece is tooled a simple repaint of the extras for Rokkon (plus new head rock) is all. Plus Granita could use the comet form though the snap on's would need to be redone as she is smaller.

Yeah for me too - real names Theydon and Doodon, the Eternian marathon runners kidnapped by the Horde and transformed into Dragstor and Extendar. Though if they don't use them it's not the end of the world. Like everything in the bios. I take what I like and ignore what I don't. I have my own stories in my head for everyone, and 9 times out of 10 they're the best (even if I do say so myself)
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    Beefed him up to MOTU levels? Hardly. The old version had Eternia to its knees, everyone, and he did it though manipulation and mastery.
    That he did, but he looked silly as hell to me with his big yellow eyes, thin body and Asparagus head.

I was talking beefed up and matching the other characters physically. Now he looked like a MOTU character. Filmation Evilseed looked like a ridiculous Saturday morning cartoon villain like the Eggplant Wizard from Captain N the Game Master.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Filmation Evil Seed all the way.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Rio-Blast is another that I have no interest in. Just don't think he fits in with MOTU
    I agree with you. I'd get him, but he's far, far, FAR from my favorites. If he came with a 200X head, I'd use that one instead of that 70's head.

Entrapta
    Rokkon
    Castaspella
    Stonedar
    Extendar
    Rio Blast

I've always liked Rokkon's design better than Stonedar's. Stonedar looks...older by comparision, which is what they were intending. The Filmation version of Stonedar kinda made him look younger.

I'd prefer the toy colors of Castaspella, but we'll most likely get the blue version.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Hurray for #11! I'd like to get both of those figures.

Stonedar, like Rokkon, does not have to transform for me to be happy with him. I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool if they did transform, but displaying an action figure in rock form just isn't for me.
    I'd be happy with attachable armor ala Vykron or the Palace Guards. Though hopefully with a better development/implementation.

My favorite thing about Extendar is his deco. The overall effect of the metallics & pearlescent white really sell the figure in my eyes. I'd like to see design elements used with King Hssss, Roboto/Horde Prime, & Tallstar incorporated when he's developed. I'd even be content if he took up an oversized sku due to the extra plastic required ot make his extensions.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    So cool to see such love for Stonedar, Rokkon and even Granita in this popularity polls! Rock People 3 pack? Yes, yes, yes!!

I hope Mattel doesn't forget about the Comet Warriors (as in the 200x toy/staction line)!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    Entrapta higher than Mermista?! INCONCEIVABLE! Seriously though, I'm guessing it's the toy fans that spearheaded this popularity, so I'm hoping they get the Entrapta they want.
    I've got to admit, I was a little surprised too. But I guess Entrapta benefits from being associated with the Horde by many. I'm beginning to wonder if TG will consider her for this reason or if the hair is considered too challenging to attempt in the next couple of years... I wonder where she was on the roadmap...

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post

He has that 1970s Village People-esque charm. Lock up your sons.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I also think it would be easier for them to give her the "disc" on her wrist as shown in the style guide pic above than it would to figure out how to attach a huge rotating, flat disc on her back while still giving her a full head of sculpted red hair, plus her articulation and all that. This is a female figure that should have two open spell-casting hands. I don't want this magic wielder to have hands for holding weapons. She should have hands posed for hypnotizing (she is the enchantress who hypnotizes, after all) and bolt-blasting. She should DEFINITELY come with snap on translucent "magic" effects on her hands
    I'd LOVE for the wheel to be attachable to her wrist. A smaller version of the wheel is in the Filmation series - she uses it in The Prisoners of Beast Island. But I'd like it to attach on the back too, if possible (nbut be removable so we can chop and change).

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Like I said with Rokkon, I love loved the comet warriors and both Stonedar and Rokkon are high on my list. I prefer Stonedar just a little more then Rokkon as I like his crater design and colours over Rokkon's more sharp edge design. These guys could be amazing, I hope they are executed similar to Emiliano's "vision" of them and would be willing to pay a little more for them if done this way
    Me too - Emil's Visions are truly spectacular! If Stonedar and Rokkon are tackled this way, I'll be quite happy. But - I reiterate - Granita must come too!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    That he did, but he looked silly as hell to me with his big yellow eyes, thin body and Asparagus head.
    Funny, I always thought he looked more like an artichoke.

I'm sorry to say Alex I don't like Castaspella and she's my least wanted POP figure. I like her character and that she's basically the good version of Shadow Weaver, but I just don't like her design, she looks too much like a super hero to me.
    *gasps* First Madame Razz and now Castaspella too?! Treachery! They're my two most-wanted Rebels.

Top Ten time soon!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

I know he's the leader and all, but I guess I'm surprised Stonedar is ahead of Rokkon. I love the concept of these guys, but always felt Stonedar was the more boring of the two, visually. Plus Rokkon was younger and spunkier, so I always thought he was the cooler dude of the duo. I hope we get both of 'em, but if I had to only get one- it's Rokkon for me. These two should absolutely NOT share outer rock shell pieces. Their vintage counterparts had completely unique things going on sculpt-wise, and to give them the same snap-on pieces with no differentiation would be criminal and rage-inducing. I'd be soooo ****** if we finally got these two, and they gave them the same parts!
    Extendar's another childhood favorite. I think we pretty much know how they will tackle his action feature by now. My only question is- will they be smart and make it so that if you buy multiples, you can stack Extendar as tall as you'd like? My Tallstar figure just will not stand up on her own- the plastic is too soft and cheap. When you put her extensions in, she topples over right away. Extendar hopefully will be made of stronger stuff. I do hope they find a way to recreate that pearlescent white for all of the armor. It's part of what made this figure such a knock-out.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar

Extendar, real name: Doodon, like Dragstor is also very high on my list and I should imagine he will be executed similar to Tallstar. As well as his shield he should come with a Classicized version of his extending lance seen in his 200x MVC design.
    Having Theydon and Doodon as Dragstor's and Extendar's real names is very important to me, so I hope I'm not disappointed
    I too would like to see Emilianos inspirational work be done on the stone warriors.
    I would like to see the names Doodon & Theydon as the real names for Extendar & Dragstor too.
    I hope we do get a lance for Extendar. He would not feel complete with only a shield as his only accessory.

Rokkon: I'm excited to think how they will look in MOTUC. I can already picture Rokkon & Stondar with the other masters on display. I real hope they will be done correctly & in a 2 or 3 pack. I want these guys to be a knock out.

Extendar: I have been looking forward to him for a long time. specially since a 200x appearance or figure was never made. I have seen the 200x drawing, but it is still disappointing not having anything in media since the late 80s.
    I loved this guy as a kid & I think he would look amazing in classics.
    I'm curious if he will have shinny pearl white or plain white for his color? And will he get a lance weapon?
    I hope we see him in 2014.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

We're really getting into the good characters now!

Snake Face, Rio-Blast, Extendar, and Castaspella are all on my want list. Rio-Blast and Extendar were figures I wanted as a child but never got. I'm always happy to get more Snake Men so Snake Face will make a welcomed addition. Outsides Glimmer, Castaspella is by far my most wanted POP lady! I really hope we get her Filmation look.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I am really not concerned if Entrapta has "poseable" hair or not, and could live with it being just sculpted pieces. I would rather it look good on my shelf and not have any risk of breaking, or worse yet have the sculpt compromised for an action feature. I may be in the minority, but I don't need her able to attack anyone with her hair
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

i feel about stonedar what i feel abour rokkon - loved, loved, loved playing with them when i was growing up ... i used to mix them up with my transformers toys too ... not only do the rock people look cool, the figures had awesome playability ... stonedar and rokkon used to stay out on my shelf in rock-form whilst my other toys were put away in toy boxes ... so great display pieces too!

i never owned extendar - so getting him in classics will be awesome! ... it's a shame, because i loved his action-feature ... he was one of the very few vintage figures i didn't get round to owning ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

#10= - Sssqueeze (76/100 votes)

Last time: #15 (76/100 votes)

It's exactly a calendar month before NYTF as we start the Top Ten. We've recently had a Snake Men reveal in the form of Snake Face, so it may be too much to ask to expect another so soon. However, Sssqueeze was always a fun and therefore memorable figure from the MOTU line, so I'd expect him to show up in the next couple of years. The question on everyone's lips is how they'll handle his arms, following the Snout Spout foam debacle. Fans requested that Octavia have bendy tentacles, which was denied (despite the material used on King Hiss' bendy snakes being perfectly fine) so it's anyone's guess how they'll handle Sssqueeze.

#10= - Shokoti (76/100 votes)

Last time: #22 (66/100 votes)

Eternia's second femme fatale after Evil-Lyn, Shokoti is regularly one of the most requested characters in the mythos, partly because she's never had a figure release and partly because she OOZES cool. She had a starring role in the creepiest episode ever, controlling a mysterious ancient pyramid that could tie her to the Powers of Grayskull part of MOTU. In the independent villain stakes, Shokoti is absolutely vital to anyone's collection. I can't wait to pose her along with Masque on my shelves - oh, and throw me a Melaktha figure while you're at it!

#10= - Sea Hawk (76/100 votes)

Last time: #20 (68/100 votes)

Just as Shokoti comes in second to Evil-Lyn, Sea Hawk will always be in Bow's shadow (although his amount of votes in this countdown exceeds that which Bow attracted back in 2010/11). With Filmation characters now not just a possibility, but a certainty, Sea Hawk is *finally* on the table for this line. After all these years, we're likely to get characters we've known and loved in our hands. It really is a tremendous feeling and one that Scott N should be applauded for. What with Octavia coming in June, I hope Sea Hawk isn't too far behind, so I can recreate their swashbuckling battle from Treasure of the First Ones. And the infamous Sea Hawk/Adora kiss from Anchors Aloft.

Last edited by Scorpia; January 9, 2013 at 07:21am.