Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Popularity Polls 2013 - The Results Countdown!

Here are the remaining figs I am waiting for - in order

1. Rio-Blast
    2. Lizard Man
    3. Strong Arm
    4. Blast-Attak
    5. Two-Bad
    6. Ninjor
    7. Filmation Clawful
    8. Tung-Lashor
    9. Horde Trooper
    10. Mantenna

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Don't know why but I've never felt any attachment to Shokoti. I know she looks pretty cool and I understand that many fans want her, but still, there are dozens of Filmation characters I'd like to get before her (Scorpia, Lizard Man, Granita, Vultak, Icer, Madame Razz...). Yet I agree that she should come with Masque or Melakhta in a multipack...

As for Squeeeze, I hope that he gets new legs... I'm afraid they'll give him another boring repaint of those Trap Jaw legs

Sea Hawk is a must. We need more Great Rebellion members... I still can't believe we're in 2013 and we still haven't got characters like Glimmer, Angella or Castaspella... More POP please!!!!!!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    #10= - Sssqueeze (76/100 votes)
    it's anyone's guess how they'll handle Sssqueeze.
    Tanglor isss one of the coolessst charactersss ever. I have but one wisssh: NO anime-hyper-detail-punk-rocker-snake-head-arms, thank you. (Which won't ssstop me from buying one of courssse...but I'd prefer the vintage look.)
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

Heroic Warrior
    Sssqueeze and Shokoti are some figures that I must own !

Seahawk I'm not so interested in (bland look, really), but I could buy him.

I'll buy these 3 figures provided they're made properly.

Sssqueeze is a character that I am open to, but I have to see his design first.

Sea Hawk is just cool to me. I like that he's this pirate rogue type of character, a smuggler with a heart of gold if you will. He has a cool design but I am not sure how well he's going to look standing next to the TGR due to his color palette.

Shokoti (a lot of S names at #10) wins my heart over because of her blue skin. Sure it is superficial, but whatever works.

Interesting note re: Shokoti. She has blue skin & black eyes, like the Roton inspired driver in the Fighting Foe Men 3-pack. Perhaps there will be some kind of bio tie-in for a race or historical period, or perhaps not.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Ssssqueeze is one of the few classic MOTU figures that I have a "I could take it or leave it" attitude towards. He always looked crocodile-headed to me, and I wasn't a fan of the tube-top armor or the bendy arms (almost too toy-looking to me, and cheap toy at that). The one thing he has going for him is his color palette. I'm hoping a 4H version of this guy will win me over, but as I didn't really care for the staction (hated those long claws on the tip of the snake heads at the end of his arms. Can you say "mess"?), he might end up being a blah reveal no matter what. I am very curious how they'll handle the arms. If they are solid and pre-posed, I can't see how that will satisfy people. If I'm going to have a Ssssqueeze on my shelf, I'm going to want him to do what he's supposed to do: wrap a figure up in his arms. For $25, it's not asking too much- is it? But yeah- out of all the Snake Men he's definitely at the bottom of the barrel, IMO.
    Hoo-boy! SHOKOTI! My #1 most-wanted Filmation character. I believe internally I screamed "HECK YES! SHOKOTI!" in response to the news that Mattel could do Filmation figures. I really really really want her in 2013. My hope is that she'll come with a Darkling or two on Doomseeker-style stands for accessories. And that her cape and hair will be flexible enough to allow a great range of movement. And, of course, that they do not incorrectly assemble her forearms, or give her those awful Battleground Teela thighs, or make a huge gap in her pelvis, or give her granny panties, or bobblehead, or cheap out on paint apps and just give her a repainted shield for an accessory. You know, the little design team choices that have marred just about every single female figure in the past. Have I mentioned that she better come out this year? You know, just in case MOTUC doesn't make it to 2014...
    Sea Hawk should also come out in 2013. Because if the line dies without this guy on my shelf, it's going to be a grave mistake on Mattel's part. The Rebellion needs another good man in their ranks and the fact that he goes toe to tentacle with Octavia in the Filmation series makes him a perfect ying to her yang in 2013. Maybe we'll get him later in the year? Here's hoping...
    Last edited by zodak74; January 9, 2013 at 04:00pm.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

LOL 3 S's are the 10 spot. I'll take them all.
    Ssssqueeze, I never ever had so I really want him.
    Shokoti just has cool written all over her & she's got that whole sexy evil powerful woman thing that I can't resist going on.
    Sea Hawk, a must for me. He's a big want. Hope he gets his dad's weapon extras. Keep Davy Jones though.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Squeeze: I can imagine this guy is going to amazing. I just hope his arms will be done well. Also curious if he would have regular arms & long arms as something special for the figure & maybe an alternative head.

Shokoti: MOTUC has to have her! Wow she will be amazing when she comes out. Still hoping for a 2 or 3 pack with Masque & Melaktha. The sleeping beast or Sh'gora will be great to have later on.

SeaHawk: I like to see him soon he would look amazing in MOTUC. It would be great to see other male POP figures to break up the one sided female rebellion. Bow, SeaHawk, Crimson Fury, General Sundar, Red Knight & King Argho to name a few.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

#9= - Frosta (77/100 votes)

Last time: #13 (78/100 votes)

It may feel like a lifetime ago that Frosta was released, so it seems strange to be talking about her retrospectively here. But just like Mosquitor and Dekker, Frosta was included in the polls as they started in October. I still look at her with a lot of disappointment. She was easily the most requested POP figure neil they hung onto Glimmer for dear life - but the reversed forearms, dull grey paint and transparent 'jello' hair made her a mess of epic proportions. So, so sad. We have to wait long enough for a POP figure that when one finally comes out we're met with problems. You can understand some of the frustration POP fans feel. Hopefully all that's behind us now. As is evident from the countdown, people still wanted Frosta - but I expect her sales would've blown the competition out of the water if she'd have been done right.

#9= - Glimmer (77/100 votes)

Last time: #10 (81/100 votes)

And so we move onto Glimmer, the 'other' big POP request (although you'll be surprised to learn there's another female Rebellion star to come). Glimmer's been toe-to-toe with Two-Bad in the latest MOTUC Idol here on the Org and will surely set the community alight with joy when she's released. I'd love to see Filmation colours, perhaps with a silvery shimmer to her blue leggings. One thing that's vital for me is that her hair is shorter than the other POP ladies. The style guide image shows her hair as being long and flowing - just like Mermista, Frosta and She-Ra - but in the Filmation series, her hair has less lift, setting her apart from the rest. There's a Glimmer-shaped gap in my collection and it needs filling. Her bodice could be reused for her mother too - double whammy.

Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

this might come as a surprise but i'm not that into sssqueeze ... i think the 4H need to get the arms right and in scale because he could end up looking like stretch armstrong or something ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Hoping there's no camera around when I hear Glimmer has been revealed. That would be a viral video for sure.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

(although you'll be surprised to learn there's another female Rebellion star to come).
    Cougars are in fashion nowadays.
    I know I sound like a broken record, but I again would prefer the toy colours for Glimmer. And the least they should do is make the staff gitd like vintage one.
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

I'm glad to see all the support for Theydon and Doodon as Dragstor's and Extendar's real names

I didn't have Sssqueeze as a kid but am looking forward to him in MOTUC. I hope his head is not too vintage like Clawfuls, but not 100% 200x either, somewhere in between. I really think Sssqueeze needs to have two sets of interchangeable arms (normal and long) and hands (normal and snakes heads).

Shokoti is very high on both my Filmation and overall lists. In fact I think she is my third most wanted Filmation character after Kittrina and Scorpia. A Classicized version of her will look amazing IMO and has the potential to be the best female figure yet! I'm not fussed if she includes a Darkling though as I've never liked their design. I also agree she has lots of potential story wise and could have a great history/backstory, look to Gbagok and Iceman for help

Sea Hawk is a character I'm constantly changing my mind about if I want him or not. I definitely think there is room for a pirate themed character in MOTU (we do have a cowboy after all) but its mainly the neckerchief I don't like and I may cut that off my figure if possible. I also think his hair colour is a little too bright, but wouldn't his Classicized hair colour come out the same colour as the hair on Teela's figure? I hope so, that would look a lot better IMO.

Frosta, arr what could have been Frosta was my most wanted POP figure by a long shot and I was so disappointed in her. Reversed forearms, poor face, transparent poorly coloured hair, no style guide staff, but worst of all grey paint. For me she is one of the most disappointing figures in the line, unfortunately she was also one of my most wanted

I'd probably buy Glimmer but I'm not overly excited about her. At least her tiara makes her look a little warrior like, I know there's not much difference but I hope they use the slighly darker colours from the style guide version.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Poor Frosta had a few development/vendor hiccups. I still like her though and am glad she was released.

Glimmer is cool. I'd like her accessories to glow and I do think she's a great candidate for the 2 head treatment, but only because her toy vs toon looks were so different.

I'd love to see Filmation colours, perhaps with a silvery shimmer to her blue leggings.
    I'd like something like this too. Be it a shimmery paint like Jewelstar or a silver metallic blue. I think that would be a good hybridization idea, potentially even giving her a marginally more armored look depending on what route they take.
    Last edited by slackrguy; January 10, 2013 at 11:50am.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    #13 - Rio Blast - he'd be a nice addition, but I'm pretty much satisfied with my heroic Masters as they are, at least up until Extendar.

#12 - Snake Face - looks amazing. Never had the vintage. Will be happy to have an articulated figure of him, finally.

- Castaspella - love her, even though I still don't know what version I want. Removable back disc would be tops.

#11 - Stonedar - eh. Like Rio, he'd be nice to own, but not enthused about him, unlike...

- Extendar - one of my last vintage figures, I played with him a lot, so I'm really looking forward to him. The last of my 'demanded' heroic Masters; I can see them reusing Rio's thighs for him, only gluing the pieces down or something.

#10 - Sssqueeze - odd that the other of the last vintage guys I had is hanging around with the other. Love this guy, I still have him! Hope they keep him as vintage as possible. Those thighs could be reused for a Space Mutant.

- Shokoti - One of the few Filmation MOTU characters I'm looking forward to. Love her, the vamp.

- Sea Hawk - Mr Hawk is in my top 5! Can't wait for him to show up, his episodes were some of the best.

#9 - Frosta - shame about her problems, she was otherwise a fantastic figure.

- Glimmer - haaaay guurrrl, you hangin' with Mantenna and Two-Bad in limbo? Prefer her Filmation, with some toy tweaks, like the blue being metallic, some curl in her hair, and hopefully without those humongous bug eyes that sometimes showed up.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

#9= - Glimmer (77/100 votes)

And so we move onto Glimmer, the 'other' big POP request (although you'll be surprised to learn there's another female Rebellion star to come). Glimmer's been toe-to-toe with Two-Bad in the latest MOTUC Idol here on the Org and will surely set the community alight with joy when she's released. I'd love to see Filmation colours, perhaps with a silvery shimmer to her blue leggings. One thing that's vital for me is that her hair is shorter than the other POP ladies. The style guide image shows her hair as being long and flowing - just like Mermista, Frosta and She-Ra - but in the Filmation series, her hair has less lift, setting her apart from the rest. There's a Glimmer-shaped gap in my collection and it needs filling. Her bodice could be reused for her mother too - double whammy.
    I'm right there with you.

Glimmer: Is a must have for POP.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

The Frosta we got isn't a bad figure at all. But it IS different than the Frosta that everybody was expecting, so part of me understands the utter disappointment. I go back and forth, personally. I do like the figure a lot- but I also know I'd like it more with white instead of gray, and if she had an additional weapon or an ice blast effect to snap on to her hand. The sculpt itself is pretty amazing. I love how her face and hair came out and appreciate the fact that they stuck so close to the original design for her wand.
    When it comes to Glimmer, I've said it a thousand times but I'll say it again. She is so damn ugly in Filmation and so awesome-looking as a toy, that I think it's a no-brainer as to how the Horsemen should handle her. Stick with the toy colors- they make her far more cool-looking than those dull Filmation hues. Give her a cool detailed skirt and belt... NOT a simplified spandex unitard, and go all the way with those shoulder pads by giving them a nice GLIMMER effect. If you must, do two heads: that bug-eyed, flat-haired boring Filmation hairstyle... and the pretty-faced version featuring that kick-ass beautiful pink fro with a jewel-encrusted headband. I trust they will do her staff justice after seeing how well Shower Power Catra's sword came out, as well as Bubble Power She-Ra's bubble blower and Frosta's wand. No worries there. But it's the figure itself I fear for... and like others have said, that headband and wand should definitely glow in the dark! I will fight Filmation purists to the bitter end when it comes to Glimmer and her mamma. They were two beautiful figures back in the day. They are also the two who take the cake for having the most uninspired and terribly simplified Filmation designs. DON'T DO IT FOUR HORSEMEN! Don't abide by the styleguide/cartoon for these two gals!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by pH6 View Post
    Cougars are in fashion nowadays.
    Bwahahahahahahaha!!! Just don't tell King Micah...

----------

#8 - Clamp Champ (78/100 votes)

Last time: #15 (76/100 votes)

Clamp Champ was included in the polls before he was revealed at NYCC, so it's safe to say this result is pretty accurate. My favourite thing about Clamp Champ is his face - his features make him feel more real than most characters we've seen, IMO so I hope these translate to the final figure as well as they do on the prototype. I'm slightly concerned that his large clamp may be too heavy for him to hold upright though, which was obviously essential for the vintage figure, and I question the relevance of the smaller clamp. On the 200x staction figure, it was attached to the large clamp via a tube, leaving us to assume that one activated the other. The small one on its own looks somewhat odd to me. Anyway, he'll join the line in July.

Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

My problem with Clamp Champ isn't his small clamp...but the large one.
    It's not a clamp...they are bug pincers.

Heroic Warrior
    Clamp Champ is another one of my wanted figures... I'd personally have prefered his vintage facial features, but his current MOTUC incarnation works for me as well.

If done properly, it's another buy from me !

He killed Man at Arms. You B@$****! Clamp Champ is getting traded off. No attachment, didn't have as a kid, not in any of the cartoons, and a murderer in the recent mini comics......yeah, not in my cannon at all. But Glimmer...she needs to be at She-ra's side already!

Frankly, I'm a bit surprised that Clamp Champ has ranked higher than Rio Blast, Extendar, and Rokkon. I like him and am looking forward to him, but compared to the three guys I just listed, he's a rather bland figure. I mean, he's got a striking paint scheme- but is all reused parts, aside from head and weapons. Who knew he was loved so much? I doubt he'll be able to hold that large clamp up, unless it's extremely lightweight. I'll probably have to find something (like a spare Doomseeker stand?) to prop it up. I will say this- it'll be nice to get him and Netossa in the same year. They were both last wave figures in their respective toylines, and will no doubt make for a killer pair on the shelf. He's got a clamp, she's got a net. They are going to round up the baddies like nobodies business!
    P.S.- speaking of her, who else is looking at the Clamp Champ photo and seeing the colors that should have been used on Netossa? Grr!!!

I like Clamp Champ, but he'll be getting different weapons & I may just call him "Champ."

Glimmer should be more influenced by her vintage toy when it comes to detail. I like her sparkly. Her hair should be curly but if they go the FILMATION route iīm okay with it but curly is what i prefer!

Clamp Champ...
    well, i like his MOTUC look but at the same time... maybe thatīs childish of me or unfair BUT iīm jealous he gets so much attention. His head sculpt is amazing, i love it but so is Netossas, so no jealousy here but from there on. All those details on his huge clamp weapon. Itīs amazing but than he even gets a second weapon which looks very detailed as well and itīs a new sculpt as well.

But where i get really jealous is his NEW armor! Why? it almost looks like Fistos but it got...yes...more details!

I said it before, i love all that attention and details, ideas and improvements but why are some figures getting it all and others donīt.

And donīt get me wrong Clamp Champ deserves it but so would everyone!

Clamp Champ: Finally! Feels like he should have already been in MOTUC already. Well I'm happy he is within a few more months of having him. To me he is essential to the masters. the latter years of the team of coerce. I love his metallic blue & silver. I love is more tech armor update & second clamp. glad they went with a more 200x style to him. Still not a fan of the big clamp as his main weapon. I got to find something else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Frankly, I'm a bit surprised that Clamp Champ has ranked higher than Rio Blast, Extendar, and Rokkon. I like him and am looking forward to him, but compared to the three guys I just listed, he's a rather bland figure. I mean, he's got a striking paint scheme- but is all reused parts, aside from head and weapons. Who knew he was loved so much? I doubt he'll be able to hold that large clamp up, unless it's extremely lightweight.
    no kidding how does he hold up that clamp? I can understand the popularity because of him being the next M@A & his appearance in the mini comics. But Rio & Extendar are far more awesome! Looks & abilities. Stand alone they are awesome standing alone.

- - - Updated - - -

I see a lot of people preferring the toy version of Glimmer. Myself I would like the Filmaton look. I like her hair & colors & sweet innocent face from filmation.