Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Popularity Polls 2013 - The Results Countdown!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    This month's Dekker figure I found to be verrry "meh".
    I agree. I kinda feel they missed the boat with that one. There are a few MYP characters who are way more 'fan demanded' than Dekker and I wish his slot had gone to one of them (preferably Lord Dactys or Prahvus).

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    First, nice work on the poll/thread Scorpia!

Second, thank you! I feel that the NA Scientists and Caz are worthy of MOTUC glory. Both are integral parts to the NA Universe (Caz less so...) and I think, once we get some of the heavy NA-hitters done first, they would make excellent figures! (At least for a four-pack, with limited articulation to cut costs...)

I want more New Adventures in the MOTUC! I am excited to see the poll results!
    Glad you're enjoying it, Ornclown. I'm one of the few fans - like yourself - who'd quite like to see the Scientists make the line. Caz, I feel, has even less chance though. Have you read what Jack Olesker had planned for Season Two and who Drissi and Caz secretly were? They would've become far more important than anyone could have imagined in Season One!

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    I like King Ahgo too, but he should use a Ram Man type buck (with proper legs of course) than a regular one like Beastman's.
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    King Ahgo, despite what his character did (or rather didn't do) in the cartoon, would translate into quite the formidable action figure! I say of the stuff shown thus far, he's on the top of my want list. He could make use of Ram Man pieces, and would look great on the shelf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    The fact that this line does not have any goblins or trolls in its ranks is very sad to me. King Ahgo would be amazing.
    Here, here! Ahgo for king! I like the idea of using Rammy's buck. Hadn't thought of that. I just presumed he'd be 'classic-ized' to look like Beast Man - hairy.

----------

#54= - Songster (26/100 votes)
    Last time: #53 (32/100 votes)

Songster - or 'Songmaster' as he seemed to have been renamed for the purposes of the fan choice vote - was a camp, 80s rocker with a perm that would make Cher circa 1987 gasp. Personally, I can't see how anyone could make him look cool. But maybe they shouldn't. Maybe the fans who want him like him that way. I've got nothing against camp - hey, I'm a He-Man and She-Ra fan! - but Songster's a bit much for me (and the 73 other people who didn't vote for him in his poll).

#54= - Stingrad (26/100 votes)
    Last time: #56 (26/100 votes)

The MYP cartoon loved expanding races on Eternia and 'the Bee People' from the Filmation cartoon became 'the Andreenids'. It's cool, I can live with that. Stingrad appeared as Buzz Off's general in several episodes - most notably Sky War - but didn't do much else. He was very much a bit-part character, like many of the femmes and fellas at this end of the chart. Buzz-Off is clearly enough for most MOTU collectors - but a portion of die-hards still want him immortalised in plastic.

#53 - Josh (28/100 votes)
    Last time: #55 (29/100 votes)

Another obscure guy, Josh was a friend of Bow and Glimmer's on Etheria in the minicomic Across the Crystal Light Barrier. He's well known for his fine potato-salad-making skills and therefore is a must at any Saturday night knees-up. Like Songster, I can't see the appeal of this character - he's background fodder at best (and if we're only getting a few POP slots per year, I'd rather they were given to a 'greater' Rebellion character).

Last edited by Scorpia; November 26, 2012 at 01:52pm.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

mortella is pretty hot!!
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

*IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN*

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Glad you're enjoying it, Ornclown. I'm one of the few fans - like yourself - who'd quite like to see the Scientists make the line. Caz, I feel, has even less chance though. Have you read what Jack Olesker had planned for Season Two and who Drissi and Caz secretly were? They would've become far more important than anyone could have imagined in Season One!
    No I haven't, but now you've got my imagination running wild!!! I am going to have to read about this now!!
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Songster, I say nay.
    Stingrad isn't bad, but I already have Buzz-Off... so unless they threw him in as part of an Andreenid army builder pack (Stingrad with a fellow generic bee person) I wouldn't want him taking up a monthly slot at this point.
    Josh? I'm interested, actually. Give him a cool role and some weapons- heck, he could be the male in a Great Rebellion army builder pack with a generic female rebel member- you need some Etherian villagers who are going to rise up with She-Ra and co.!

I like Stingrad because he does flesh out the Andreenid ranks beyond Buzz-Off. He'd make a great army builder type of character & would be a great way to sneak in a 200x Buzz Off head.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    mortella is pretty hot!!
    If this is what it takes to get you to watch She-Ra Tomski, then so be it! I feel like Mortella's pimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    No I haven't, but now you've got my imagination running wild!!! I am going to have to read about this now!!
    Come back to us when you've read it - it's a fascinating read!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Josh? I'm interested, actually. Give him a cool role and some weapons- heck, he could be the male in a Great Rebellion army builder pack with a generic female rebel member- you need some Etherian villagers who are going to rise up with She-Ra and co.!
    Actually, this is quite a cool idea. I'd love a generic Rebel two-pack. Josh fits the hold and if he came with a female and both of them had interchangeable outfits and heads, that'd be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    I like Stingrad because he does flesh out the Andreenid ranks beyond Buzz-Off. He'd make a great army builder type of character & would be a great way to sneak in a 200x Buzz Off head.
    This is my thinking too. I actually think he'd make a great travelling con exclusive like Strobo. Different character, but not much tooling needed.

----------

#52 - The Crimson Fury (29/100 votes)

Last time: #50 (36/100 votes)

Sea Hawk is always seen as 'the other man' in She-Ra's life, but there were a handful of others. We've already heard about boyish Josh and will have big daddy General Sunder coming up later. The least-known is probably the Crimson Fury, a cutlass-wielding, desert-dwelling mercenary who aided She-Ra in a story against Scorpia in a UK comic and who had a bird friend called Talon, who possessed the ability to scream so loudly he could destroy walls. He was quite a cool character and with a bit more exposure could become more popular.

NEW ENTRY! #51 - Drissi (30/100 votes)

Last time: N/A

Whenever fans talk about the girls of NA, it's all Crita and Mara. But there was another - Drissi, who was set to have an important role in the series if it had returned for a second season. Alas, it didn't, and so we'll always be speculating what could have been (and thanks to Jack Olesker on these very forums, we have the basis of a thrilling and surprising turn of events). In the cartoon, Drissi cared for animals in the oasis with her brother Caz.

#51 - Kulatuk (30/100 votes)

Last time: #45 (41/100 votes)

The Kulatuks were more of a race than a single character. They did have a chief, but a Mattel drawing for a proposed action figure is simply labelled 'Kulatuk' - so it's not known if this was for an army builder or if they intended the name to be for one character. Anyhoo, after the episode Trust, the Kulatuks joined King Randor's Council of Eternia to fight the forces of evil. They played more of active role than King Taureus, but are less demanded than Lord Dactys and Hawke, who also joined. Chief Carnivus is still one lonely ***** cat...

Last edited by Scorpia; November 28, 2012 at 06:50am.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I would really like Mortella as a figure - something of the Evil Queen about her. Also wouldn't mind Luitenant Andra, Stingrad and Crimson Fury.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Songster has to be one of my least wanted figures in the line, I'd take the scientist over him.
    I'd take a Stingrad but he's very low on my list.
    I'd love a Crimson Fury figure, I think he'd fit in great with MOTU world. He's was my second choice for the fan choice figure after Illumina.
    I'm a huge supporter of NA in MOTUC but I don't think I'm fussed about a figure of Drissi or Caz.
    I'd definitely take a Kulatuk, preferably the Kulatuk Elder, infact I want all of Randor's. I wonder would a Classicized Kulatuk just be Beast Man with a new head, maybe new hands and feet, plus accessories?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I actually like Drissi! I wonder which role would she have played had the NA cartoon continued...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Imp / Vultak / Hunga
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    I don't want any of these characters as figures (as far as the ones revealed so far go).
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Drissi was going to be a love interest for He-Man, which would have been interesting with Teela back in the picture. I imagine that with Drissi's abilities with animals, she also would have been a foe for Beast Man's powers - or at least a block against his control.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior Fearless Arriflex's Avatar
    Wow, I would really love to see the Crimson Fury! I will keep him in mind for future polls.
    This desert mercenery thing is quite unique in MOTU and would look amazing in a nice classics alteration. Just imagine this figure with an awesome head sculpt, maybe two heads. Wow...
    MOTUC Most Wanted:
    Sagitar - Tuskador - Saurod - Mermista - The Crimson Fury - Entrapta - Kittrina - Artilla - Sssqueeze - Garth - Vultak - Dylamug - Lodar - Ninjor - Admiral Scurvy

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Drissi was going to be a love interest for He-Man, which would have been interesting with Teela back in the picture. I imagine that with Drissi's abilities with animals, she also would have been a foe for Beast Man's powers - or at least a block against his control.
    As far as i remember Drissi should have become ADAMS girlfriend and thatīs the significant detail if you ask me. Teela showed way more interest in He-Man but now there is a girl(a pretty one) who loves the man and not the warrior. The normal guy who is not super powered and he can be himself with her.

Now thatīs a thread

I WANT MORE NA in Motuc please
    However, a Horseman style (The) Crimson Fury figure would be amazing!!!
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

I like the desert warrior vibe of Crimson Fury, I go back and forth on wanting him as a figure though.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    As far as i remember Drissi should have become ADAMS girlfriend and thatīs the significant detail if you ask me. Teela showed way more interest in He-Man but now there is a girl(a pretty one) who loves the man and not the warrior. The normal guy who is not super powered and he can be himself with her.

Now thatīs a thread
    The Adam of Filmation is not the Adam from NA. They have different atitude and age. In NA he could act with more freedom than in Filmation because he is not with his family. Anyway, Teela love Adam and Adam love Teela

Songster, the rocker with a perm

YayyY! Josh wasn't dead last!

Finally!
    Crimson Fury. Drissi. Kulatuk(s). Three I actually want in the line Now it's getting exciting...

I'd buy Drissi. She was pretty hot.

I really really want Driss i done she was such a good character in the show she was one of my favorites.
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Imp Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor Evil Seed Lizard Man Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian Dree Elle Montork Miro Blast Attack Multi-Bot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    I really really want Driss i done she was such a good character in the show she was one of my favorites.
    You know I've been so hung up on getting Mara that I forgot about Drissi. I would love a figure of her!!! She is very pretty and I like her design.

No new results yet?
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Imp Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor Evil Seed Lizard Man Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian Dree Elle Montork Miro Blast Attack Multi-Bot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I don't want any of these characters as figures (as far as the ones revealed so far go).
    Same here, no character I would buy as a figure...

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    No new results yet?
    Good stuff comes in small dose!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Come back to us when you've read it - it's a fascinating read!
    Yes! (I found the ooooold Olesker thread) Quite fascinating indeed! Now I am really sad that NA didn't continue and evolve into what was originally envisioned.... I think that if it had made it to another season many people, who may have disregarded NA at first, would have really gotten on board. Soooooo many great things were planned! And that is just so cool about Drissi and Caz's parents!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Pure awesomeness!
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!