Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Popularity Polls 2013 - The Results Countdown!

i love clamp-champ
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Clamp Champ, another boring character. Not looking forward to him.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

#7= - Jitsu (79/100 votes)

Last time: #13 (78/100 votes)

Coming to Matty in February and your shelves soon after, Jitsu should make fans of the vintage MOTU line happy. He was never the most requested of Skeletor's goons - perhaps due to his minimal appearances in the cartoon - but his new bio finally makes something of him. He's basically become Skeletor's replacement, what with Skelly off on the Mutant Mothership. I like the fact that they're acknowledging that Eternia still exists and functions without He-Man and co when they head for Primus. It gives interesting possibilities to the story when they return. I only wish they'd do the same to Etheria, which seems to have been forgotten about since the POP ladies became immigrants on Eternia...

#7= - Queen Angella (79/100 votes)

Last time: #15 (76/100 votes)

Well who saw this coming? OK, OK, it's only a couple of votes that allow Queen Angella to slip past Glimmer, Frosta and Castaspella, so it's safe to say each of these ladies are about as demanded as each other. Queen Angella doesn't get the same sort of attention as the others though, so it's possible she could surprise a lot of people. Imagine if she was revealed at NYTF next month - I certainly wouldn't have seen it coming. As with the other POP girls, I expect a Filmation influence with nods to the original toy. Accessory-wise, it's anyone's guess - the Moon Stone, perhaps? As the toy didn't come with accessories, maybe the Four Horsemen could work their magic on something new.

Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Heroic Warrior
    Clamp Champ looks well done, I'm still on the fence of keeping or selling him, I'll wait until I hold him in hand...since I didn't had him as a kid, it's hard, because I got no relation to this character besides his appearance in the "Search for Keldor" mini comic.

Jitsu is a must have, although I think, that his head is waaaaaay below its potential...

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Jitsu: Real glad to see him coming soon. I got want I wanted. Ram Man, Jitsu, Fighting Foe Men, Snake Face, Karatti & Clamp Champ. not bad for the start of 2013. hope to still see Eldor, Evil Seed, Darius, SpinWit, Perfuma, Horde Troopers. not because I want them the most but because I feel they should be in 2013.

Angella: I prefer the Filmation style look. She is clos to the top of my POP list. I hope she doesn't have those drums like the Sorceress got. no thank you.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Jitsu came out beautifully. His paint apps are perfect updates of the classic toy, and it's made me a fan of Mattel skipping vac-metal in favor of a great paint job. I'm still leaning towards vac-metal for Entrapta, but if they skip it- I hope they take a page from Jitsu's gold glove here and apply it to Entrapta. Next month will be a great one!
    Queen Angella. Basically take everything anti-Filmation I said about Glimmer and apply it here. No, no, no, no, no! How can anyone look at that style guide photo next to the classic toy and think the Filmation design would make a cooler-looking action figure?! Glasses, people! Drop the blue tights, figure out how to do pantaloons (a rather unique-looking outfit for a character in MOTUC, no?), don't drop a single design element from the classic toy (the pants should show creases, there needs to be that ornate belt, the winged bodice (sorry, no sharing with Glimmer!), the pearlescent pink wings... and the beautiful flowing light brown hair and pretty face. Just say no to that rounded weird helmet hair, those big bug moon eyes... and thank god that they don't come with cartoon-accurate voice chips! She always sounded like she had a head wound or was suffering a stroke in Filmation! "Fli, Fly, Flu, my daugh-ter... ohhh..." Yeah, toy ALL THE WAY. That means sexy bare shoulders and leaving the Filmation shoulder pads and collar OFF. Or if you must include them, make 'em removable! And Horsemen & ToyGuru pay heed to my words: those wings are NOT her accessories!!! So be sure to give her TWO newly-tooled unique weapons. See Buzz-Off? Wings are not his accessories, and you gave him a helmet and two axes! Flipshot? Yeah, you gave him two heads plus a removable rocket gun thing in addition to that flight pack. Don't shortchange another PoP gal, pleeeease give Angella (a queen, no less) the royal treatment she deserves! After all, you've made us PoP fans wait long enough...
    Last edited by zodak74; January 12, 2013 at 09:17am.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Jitsu, I had a plan for Jitsu but now will have to see him in hand to decide if I will display him or not. Where Clamp Champ has extra definition to his face and an neutrally amused expression, Jitsu seems to be scowling. I appreciate the sculpting talent & understand what it adds to the character along with the bio, but he may end up just not being for me.

I like Queen Angella, but I have trouble coming up with a hybrid concept that I'd like to see that would remain true to the toy as well as the Filmation version. Pearlescent wings would be cool, but I'd be fine with white instead of pink. Perhaps some metallic or sparkly paint for her details? If they gave her blonde hair with a reddish wash like BG Teela has that might work out.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I can totally live without the toys pantaloons, the belt would be great and the wings design from the leotard is a total must if you ask me!

If she gets the blue tides i don´t mind and the hair color isn´t that important, we are used both colors for her so what ever they like, i´m fine. The braided bun would be easier for her wings so i guess they will go that route for her and i hope the wings will be Pearlescent!

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that Angella was so high in the polls. I hope she gets her Filmation colours when released...

I hope that they'll mix elements from both the Filmation cartoons and the POP toyline for the GR characters in MOTUC... kind of like what Emiliano did in this picture

She-Ra cast.1.jpg
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    Poor Frosta had a few development/vendor hiccups. I still like her though and am glad she was released.

Glimmer is cool. I'd like her accessories to glow and I do think she's a great candidate for the 2 head treatment, but only because her toy vs toon looks were so different.

I'd like something like this too. Be it a shimmery paint like Jewelstar or a silver metallic blue. I think that would be a good hybridization idea, potentially even giving her a marginally more armored look depending on what route they take.
    Glimmer has always been my favorite Great Rebellion member, and I hope she ends up looking straight out of the cartoon. While I wouldn't mind some toy influences on some of the others, I have always wanted Glimmer to look like the Glimmer I love. I remember that my cousin had Glimmer, and even as a kid I was like "Who is that? Glimmer? That doesn't even LOOK like Glimmer".

Of course a fan of toy designs could say the same thing of course, but in this case I'm hoping for a straight Filmation design. Filmation hair, colors, spandex unitard (the HEIGHT of Etherian fashion!), all that.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Filmation design all the way for all POP characters. Their vintage toys were all consistently awful.

One thing I really love about the FilMation designs of Angella and Glimmer are that they match and coordinate with one and other, you know they are mother and daughter. A dress on a flying character is ridiculous in design (and not in the good, MOTU way), so even though I like the style guide/cartoon looks with little toy details, I think they should be used sparingly with Angella or based more off of what could be offered as common between her and Glimmer.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    How can anyone look at that style guide photo next to the classic toy and think the Filmation design would make a cooler-looking action figure?!
    that picture was the style guide version & not the Filmation version? my mistake.
    Style guide then. I thought the Filmation look was the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    I hope that they'll mix elements from both the Filmation cartoons and the POP toyline for the GR characters in MOTUC... kind of like what Emiliano did in this picture

She-Ra cast.1.jpg
    Yeah that is what I want
    Emiliano visions are the best! I hope we get the Rock peoples design by Emiliano & those Roton & Twistoid fellas too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Filmation design all the way for all POP characters. Their vintage toys were all consistently awful.
    yeah... true true. Same can be said for those NA toys.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    The great thing about MOTU and POP was that the names tended to be clever, tongue-in-cheek gags or other-worldly and mystical-sounding. Strongarm is none of those things to me. He's a dude with a...strong...arm. Oooooo-kay.
    Strongarm is actually a pretty clever pun. To "strongarm" someone is to use coercion to get them to do something you want. It has nothing to do with actual strength. It's like a shade above blackmail. I guess it's an Americanism. Strongarm is clever because he actually just has a big strong arm. It kinda subverts and resubverts your preconception is going to be if you have knowledge of that term.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Strongarm is actually a pretty clever pun. To "strongarm" someone is to use coercion to get them to do something you want. It has nothing to do with actual strength. It's like a shade above blackmail. I guess it's an Americanism. Strongarm is clever because he actually just has a big strong arm. It kinda subverts and resubverts your preconception is going to be if you have knowledge of that term.
    Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    that picture was the style guide version & not the Filmation version? my mistake.
    Style guide then. I thought the Filmation look was the same.
    Oh, it IS the same... what I was trying to get across was that I think the styleguide/Filmation look is weak-sauce compared to her classic toy appearance.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

#6= - Ram Man (80/100 votes)

Last time: #7 (85/100 votes)

Ram-Man's never been quite up there with the biggest of the big boys, but I think it was an excellent move to make him the first quarterly item for 2013. The problems with selling the sub came from elsewhere, in my opinion (FFM, King He-Man). But thankfully 2013 has gone through and has influenced the 2014 and 2015 subs, which will allow us to get hold of the A-list characters that are remaining. Originally planned for January, Ram-Man has slipped back a month, which isn't an enormous deal - he'll be arriving with Jitsu on people's doorsteps in February for a bumper vintage MOTU month. Expect both to sell well, but for Ram-Man to sell out faster.

#6= - Tung Lashor (80/100 votes)

Last time: #6 (86/100 votes)

Tung Lashor is the highest-ranking Snake Man in the countdown - hardly surprising now that we've got rid of Rattlor. I've felt a little snaked-out recently - not only have we got Kobra Kahn, Rattlor and the Snake Men two-pack in the last year, we've got Snake Face coming in April, which means that the bulk of the Snake Men will be done by then (while we've still got over 75% of the Great Rebellion left to get to... ). I can wait a while for Tung Lashor, although I'm expecting him to be an impressive addition to the line when they get to him. I expect an attachable extended tongue piece to mimic the vintage action feature.

#6= - Octavia (80/100 votes)

Last time: #14 (77/100 votes)

Well, I don't know about you, but if the second half of 2013 matches the first in terms of POP reveals, I'll be a happy man. It feels like we're getting into the further reaches of the Etherian elite (although admittedly still without Glimmer), as evidenced by Netossa and Octavia, which makes the line far more exciting to me. And Octavia's popularity is quite startling considering she had one starring role and another short bit-part out of 93 She-Ra episodes. She's got the backing of the powerful Horde effect - slap a bat symbol on a baddie and he or she immediately becomes more appealing. In addition, she's a female and a female baddie at that. They're a popular breed. As you'll see again when the other monstrous female left pops her head about the parapet..

Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Heroic Warrior
    Tung Lashor & Ram Man will find their way to my home...

Top Five coming soon - what's your guess for the order folks?

Heroic Warrior
    1. Two Bad
    2. Mantenna
    3. Horde Trooper
    4. Modulok
    5. Scorpia
    Last edited by Vikor; January 13, 2013 at 11:05am.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    I hope the Octavia tentacles come out the best way possible, (bendy would be the best ) without big drums and allowing her to stay stand.

I´m really looking forward to Octavia! And i´m curious how they tackle her MOTUC figure. Her sculpt looks amazing. I can´t wait for her to arrive!

Tung Lashor is one of my favorites, i love his colors and his unique body type! I hope they go vintage with him and not to much 200X influenced!

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    1. Two Bad
    2. Mantenna
    3. Horde Trooper
    4. Modulok
    5. Scorpia
    I'd be inclined to agree wih this order, with the possible change of position for Modulock and Scorpia.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I'd be inclined to agree wih this order, with the possible change of position for Modulock and Scorpia.
    So your bet is:

1. Two Bad
    2. Mantenna
    3. Horde Trooper
    4. Scorpia
    5. Modulok

Is that right wayneepoo?

Anyone else care for a flutter?
    Last edited by Scorpia; January 13, 2013 at 06:37pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'd like....
    Angella
    Glimmer
    Sssqueeze
    Shokoti
    Clamp Champ
    Tung Lashor

Sea Hawk and Octavia, I'm indifferent to.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Tung Lashor is one of my favorites, i love his colors and his unique body type! I hope they go vintage with him and not to much 200X influenced!
    I hated Tung Lashor looking like a frog. MYP specifically (not that staction...yuck) made him larger and made him look more like a snake. I hope that they make him look more snake-like as how they did with Rattlor. Give him his 200X chest armor too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    One thing I really love about the FilMation designs of Angella and Glimmer are that they match and coordinate with one and other, you know they are mother and daughter. A dress on a flying character is ridiculous in design (and not in the good, MOTU way), so even though I like the style guide/cartoon looks with little toy details, I think they should be used sparingly with Angella or based more off of what could be offered as common between her and Glimmer.
    This doesn't happen too often, but I agree with you. I like how mother and daughter have similar designs.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)