Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Popularity Polls 2013 - The Results Countdown!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

I hated Tung Lashor looking like a frog. MYP specifically (not that staction...yuck) made him larger and made him look more like a snake. I hope that they make him look more snake-like as how they did with Rattlor. Give him his 200X chest armor too.
    I wouldn´t mind seeing his head a bit more snake like and if they want to give him an armor where his snake men logo is on instead of his bare chest(was it intended to be a tatoo or a branding...?) i´m fine but that brut-ish thing and that strange enormous tung he had in 200X weren´t my favorites.

But i liked the frog ankle the went with him to be honest....i like frogs.

I hated Tung Lashor looking like a frog. MYP specifically (not that staction...yuck) made him larger and made him look more like a snake. I hope that they make him look more snake-like as how they did with Rattlor. Give him his 200X chest armor too.
    He still does not look particularly snake-like, and he certainly looked, uh, fatter.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    #6= - Tung Lashor (80/100 votes)

Last time: #6 (86/100 votes)I can wait a while for Tung Lashor, although I'm expecting him to be an impressive addition to the line when they get to him.

Tung Lashor...my all time favourite MotU. What other position could he hold than pH6th? I'm not too keen on the 200x staction...and to be honest, I don't like any of the cartoon versions of him either. Vintage comics and books made him second only to King Hiss. As much vintage as possible, please. And if a variant must be made, orange vintage thank you.
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

I'm way more excited for Ram Man's arrival next month that I ever thought I would be. The Four Horsemen have delivered us a super kick-ass $30 "oversized" MOTUC figure and it came out looking incredible, when it could have been a total disaster. My wish to see him as a fully-articulated figure (specifically separate legs, bending knees, twist waist) has finally been answered! It's like Ram Man is a brand new character now for me... I hated his Filmation persona, never cared much for the classic toy, and the 2002 re-do was an improvement, but still not to my liking. The only Ram Man I ever took a liking to was the DC mini-comics version of him. And I like his cardback deco. So this figure is pretty much the closest thing I'll ever get to my perfect Ram Man. I mean, if they re-release him (which will never happen) in his orange cardback colors, then that one will definitely be my go-to #1 Ram Man. But for now, the one we're getting next month is going to do quite nicely

Tung Lashor! My favorite Snake Men figure from the old days. Hated how he looked in MYP and the staction was "too much" in the exaggerated size dept., so when he appears in Classics I'm hoping for classic all the way as far as his design, size, and colors go. I also prefer his venomous tongue flicking out and paralyzing his prey (easier for his King to eat them that way!), rather than his tongue being this never-ending muscle that throws things or people around (did they ape that ability from X-Men's Toad?). I used to think a lot of work would have to go into a Tung Lashor figure, but looking at him now- he's pretty simple. Regular thighs matched with the new Demo-Man shins + brand new feet. They could easily use the normal male torso + glued-on chest snake emblem. Regular arms and Zodak gloves + new hand sculpt. New head with tongue attachments (maybe a neck piece akin to the Snake Men army builders?). New dragonfly crossbow and the old staff in Lashorific colors.. That's it! Presto, he's done! I hope he has a nice glossy paint job, too. I love how slick the old toy looks.
    It's pretty awesome to see Octavia rank up so high with the big boys. Scorpia aside, she's topped all the other PoP gals, both Filmation-wise and classic toy-wise. Impressive! We all know her tentacles aren't going to bend, but I'm hoping they can be rotated or switched around somehow to make them into different poses. I personally would have liked to have see her tentacles reduced in size a little bit- they seem too long for non-articulated appendages- but the figure gets an A+ for having not just one, but all four of those swords included with the figure They easily could have cheaped out on us and given her only 1 sword, promising to include others in a future weapons pak. So I applaud them for doing right and giving each of her tentacles a weapon to slash with!

As for my guesses as to who falls where in the remaining 5 slots:

5) Mantenna
    4)Modulok
    3) Two Bad
    2) Scorpia
    1) Horde Trooper(s)
    Last edited by zodak74; January 13, 2013 at 04:38pm.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Ram-Man: this guy is absolutely essential to everyone's collection. If you are only picking up the core early vintage figures or the essential masters hes a must have. and boy this guy looks awesome. the detail on this guy. specially since he has the vintage card back art look & the 200x look to him. he is the ultimate Ram-Man. Truly epic.

Tung Lashor: looking forward to him so I can get him on the self in place of the 200x figure. TL was a favorite vintage figure of mine.
    I really hope to see this guy get an armor vest with the snake logo on it like the 200x design. I never like the logo on his actual chest. besides the armor would have him stand out as a higher ranking snake warrior IMO.

Octavia: Never had much interest in the character. Still don't but the figure is well done & I'm glad for that. I can display her with no problem. I wouldn't feel I would want to keep her boxed away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I wouldn´t mind seeing his head a bit more snake like and if they want to give him an armor where his snake men logo is on instead of his bare chest(was it intended to be a tatoo or a branding...?)
    I totally agree to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    he's pretty simple. Regular thighs matched with the new Demo-Man shins + brand new feet. They could easily use the normal male torso + glued-on chest snake emblem. Regular arms and Zodak gloves + new hand sculpt. New head with tongue attachments (maybe a neck piece akin to the Snake Men army builders?). New dragonfly crossbow and the old staff in Lashorific colors.. That's it! Presto, he's done! I hope he has a nice glossy paint job, too.
    new head, hands, feet, tung, crossbow & maybe an armor vest. thats not a whole lot for new parts.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

Heroic Warrior
    I would like to see Tung Lashor vintage based with 200x armor vest...

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Guesses:

1) Mantenna
    2) two bad
    3) Scorpia
    4) Horde trooper
    5) Modulok

Tung Lashor + Vintage = Perfect!

OCTAVIAAAAAAAA!!!! Freaking awesome! I cannot believe we are getting this figure!!! She is totally bad ass and am really looking forward to having her in hand!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

In some pics I have, he looks more snake-like than others, but this was the best IMO.

MYP Tung was a LARGER character.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; January 14, 2013 at 12:58am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Very please with Clamp Champ, great mix of vintage a 200x.

Jitsu looks amazing, another great mix of vintage a 200x. I love his face and metal hand sculpt, but two minor nit-picks I have on this figure is I would have loved to get his 200x belt (just like Fisto got his) I really think this would have completed the figure, and I'm not a fan of the coloured weapons so I hope we can get his weapons in 200x/realistic colours in a future weapons pack like they did with Tri-Klops's sword. I also love that his bio has him becoming the leader of the Evil Warriors while Skeletor is in the Tri-Solar System, I think he was the perfect choice for this.

Man that is quite a jump for Queen Angella. She's around the middle of my POP list, I prefer her style guide look, accessory wise I think a staff and sword would be suited.

I've never been the biggest Ram Man fan but I can't deny his figure looks amazing and I'm looking forward to getting him. I'm very glad they went in this direction with him and not the Fimation route as I love that he's big, mean and very detailed looking!

Tung Lashor is very high on my list and was one of my favourite figures as a kid. Please, please no dial on his back! I agree the tongue will probably be an attachable piece to emulate the action feature.

I was very surprised but pleased with Octavia;s reveal. Great choice of character out the Filmation pool IMO and so glad she has four swords that her tentacles can actually hold.

Top Five coming soon - what's your guess for the order folks?
    I'll go for:

1. Two Bad
    2. Horde Trooper
    3. Scorpia
    4. Mantenna
    5. Modulok
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I'll guess the remaining five are in this order:

1- Scorpia
    2- Mantenna
    3- Two-Bad
    4- Horde Trooper
    5- Modulok
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...-Snake-Men.jpg

In some pics I have, he looks more snake-like than others, but this was the best IMO.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...s/captured.jpg
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...ngvsteela4.jpg

MYP Tung was a LARGER character.
    This is the version i want. He is the snakemen's muscle and looks so threatening. I don't like the frog version.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    #8 - Clamp Champ - not really excited about him, but love that face sculpt. Superb.

#7 - Jitsu - along with Two-Bad, he's the last of the Evil Warriors I desire. Another great head sculpt.

- Angella - Really struggling with how I'd like her to look, love the wings on the toy's bodice, but also like the shoulderpads/collar of the Filmation look. I'd like to see two different heads.

#6 - Ram Man - leave it to RAAAAMMMYYYY. Er, eh, not one of my faves, but still excited to get him.

- Tung Lashor - FROG FROG FROG FROG FROG FROG! loathe the "update", it was a severe downgrade; he better be pure vintage. Really looking forward to him.

- Octavia - I have the Activia jingle in my head whenever I see her. Can't wait for her!

My guesses in order:

1. Mantenna
    2. Two-Bad
    3. Horde Troopers
    4. Scorpia
    5. Modulok
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

I'm all for no neck FROG Tung Lashor as well. I think this is the direction the 4horseman will go.. besides he'd look like another snake warrior with a snake head. Really excited for him. !

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    1. Two Bad
    2. Mantenna
    3. Horde Trooper
    4. Modulok
    5. Scorpia
    I hear ya...

1. Two Bad
    2. Mantenna
    3. Horde Trooper
    4. Scorpia
    5. Modulok

Is that right wayneepoo?
    Oooooookay...

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    5) Mantenna
    4)Modulok
    3) Two Bad
    2) Scorpia
    1) Horde Trooper(s)
    Yup...

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    Guesses:

1) Mantenna
    2) two bad
    3) Scorpia
    4) Horde trooper
    5) Modulok
    Mmm-hmm!

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    1. Two Bad
    2. Horde Trooper
    3. Scorpia
    4. Mantenna
    5. Modulok
    I wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    1- Scorpia
    2- Mantenna
    3- Two-Bad
    4- Horde Trooper
    5- Modulok
    Sing it, sister!

Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    My guesses in order:

1. Mantenna
    2. Two-Bad
    3. Horde Troopers
    4. Scorpia
    5. Modulok
    All. Very. Iiiiiiiiiiinteresting.

Hold the line, please. *puts everyone on hold until Wednesday*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    - Octavia - I have the Activia jingle in my head whenever I see her. Can't wait for her!
    Oh. By the way.

285151_10152129476225015_1462194166_n.jpg
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Glimmer and Angella are going to be interesting (however you want to take that). The difference between their vintage toy/Filmation/style guide looks is huge, and I'm sure no matter what route is taken there is going to be some head shaking involved. I do like the suggestions by others to use metallics with these two ladies, especially on their leggings and shoulder pads. It would be nice if the shoulder pads could be removable as well, making them more armor-like.

Tung-lasher is the only Snake-man I had as a kid, and I always liked his look. And to be honest, I thought he was modeled after a gecko, not a frog (though it could go both ways).
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I would have loved to get his 200x belt (just like Fisto got his) I really think this would have completed the figure, and I'm not a fan of the coloured weapons so I hope we can get his weapons in 200x/realistic colours in a future weapons pack
    I also love that his bio has him becoming the leader of the Evil Warriors while Skeletor is in the Tri-Solar System, I think he was the perfect choice for this.
    yeah I hoping for a 200x belt as well for Jitsu. I wish I could have 200x belts for many of the other figures specially Clawful.
    those weapons of Jitsu's are a little goofy in orange.
    I agree he is the right person for the job as leader while Skeletor is away. It gives him more importance as a character as well. he never had many appearances & he was a bit of an unknown when it came to why he was with Skeletor.

- - - Updated - - -

My guesses in order:

1. Mantenna
    2. Horde Troopers
    3. Scorpia
    4. Two-Bad
    5. Modulok

I personally could wait for Mantenna since I have the 200x figure in his place.
    Scorpia I could wait. I'm in no rush to get her any time soon.
    Two-Bad I tend to forget about at times. Skeletors ranks are well filled out so I don't mind waiting.
    Modulok I would like to see because we got nothing during 200x. but I can still wait on him.
    the only one I'm real eager for is the Horde Troopers. I want them pronto so I can see how much room I have on the shelf after I get them & before prices go up any more.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

I think Glimmer and Angella should be a mother daughter 2-pack. This way we can get both of them knocked out in one shot, I do think they will go with the Filmation looks (which I'm okay with).

Scorpia is definitely my #1 (and, I imagine, would be at the top of Scorpia the board user's list as well ), but I imagine that for the general community, she wouldn't beat out Two Bad, Mantenna, or Horde Trooper. I could see her being above Modulock, though. However, the Angella position really surpirsed me, so who knows!

Scorpia is my #1 most wanted but I am guessing Two-Bad is #1 on this poll.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Scorpia is my #1 most wanted but I am guessing Two-Bad is #1 on this poll.
    I feel the same and I think you're right about #1.

My predictions:

1. Two Bad
    2. Mantenna
    3. Scorpia
    4. Horde Trooper
    5. Modulok

I personally rank Horde Troopers as my number one out of the five.
    If it is my personal top five. it would be: Eldor, SpinWit, Evil Seed, Extendar, Horde Troopers. I very anxious for these guys.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)

- - - Updated - - -

Tung Lashor is a very rare case where I hope there are ZERO 200X influences. I love his vintage design, froggy and all
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Congratulations to wayneepoo, Morningstar, 13977, jdscissorhands, Hordaiquiri, kylun flac and Jo-Ro - here's your number five.

#5 - Modulok (84/100 votes)

Last time: #12 (79/100 votes)

We enter the Top Five with FOUR out of the five places belonging to Hordesmen (one even belonging to a HordesWOMAN – shockathon). Perhaps it’ll be characters from this faction that will keep the line hanging on for longer – they’re hot property. Fact. Modulok kicks us off. If 2014 has any quarterly slots, I’d be pleased if he fitted into one of them in a sort of ‘beast’ capacity. I would, however, prefer the Four Horsemen to use existing body parts to match him in stature to the other MOTU males (and also allowing fans to create a Filmation Modulok, as well as a Mattel one). The line has almost been set up to cater for him, to be honest – Kronis had a removable arm, King Hiss a detachable torso and of course you can pull virtually everyone’s head off for some mix-and-match mirth. Modulok will make me (and Hordaiquiri…) very happy indeed.

Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

I had Modulok as a kid, and he was creepy and fun. I am on the fence if I want him in MOTUC though.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.