Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Popularity Polls 2013 - The Results Countdown!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Two Bad is one of the few figures where I wish the 4H would use a little more of the 200X design than the vintage figure. I feel the 200X design was one of the best.
    I so agree with this!
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Congratulations to Morningstar, 13977, kylun flac and Jo-Ro. Third place goes to…

#3 - Scorpia (88/100 votes)

Last time: #3 (89/100 votes)

I wish I could say my namesake was number 1, but alas! She holds steady in third place, just like last year. Interesting that none of last year’s Top 3 have been revealed, just as none of this year’s have either. It’s quite possible we’ll see Scorpia as a 2014 sub seller – but with everyone predicting her, I wonder if TG will move her and surprise us with someone else in the first three months of the year. I highly doubt we’d ever see more than one female in the first three monthly slots (bear in mind that last year the Star Sisters were an ‘oversized’ slot and Shadow Weaver was the sub exclusive), so while Scorpia has been confirmed as a cert for 2014, someone like Glimmer or Castaspella may also help to sell the sub to POP fans. Scorps, however, will make for a phenomenal addition to the line. Her pincers may present a challenge, given that they’re quite thin in the cartoon, and I also wonder how they’ll do her tail. I presume like Whiplash’s – ie. not bendy (seeing as Octavia isn’t getting bendy tentacles). Can’t wait to get her!

Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Scorpia is my second most wanted Filmation character after Kittrina and very high on my over all list as well, can't wait to get her. Accessory wise I'm sure she'll come with a crossbow, but not sure what else, maybe a whip, maybe a sword?

I'm guessing Mantenna in second and Trooper for the win, who I actually guessed would win in my first post in this thread.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Damn, was really hoping she would be #1. Her and Shadow Weaver were characters I always wanted as a kid and I hope we finally get her soon. Please real her at Toy Fair!
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Scorpia!!!!!!.....must.....have....now.....

At least I can be pretty certain that she WILL get made, it's just a question of when.

Scorpia is the only Filmation character where I can honestly say... I hope they don't change a single thing about her when translating her into action figure form. She was perfect in Filmation, and I hope they do her justice in the line as well. Seeing as I like her "as is", and don't find it necessary to invent weapons for her (another rare instance), I think maybe she should come with Imp as the accessory.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Color me shocked, I thought Two-Bad would be higher due to the Evil Warriors almost being complete when Jitsu arrives.

#4 - Two-Bad - let's see some 200X influence on him, but not too too much. I'm a bit surprised some people were expecting him to be as big as Ram Man. When Leech was previewed, I thought that was how Two-Bad would be handled; a slightly wider waist with a thicker and wider upper torso, but regular sized limbs.

#3 - Scorpia - If she shows up exactly as she was in the show, she'll be perfect! She's my #2 Filmation want, after Razz, with Sea Hawk close behind her. Give her a flail or something as a weapon and a blaster, and we'll be good to go. She'll definitely be a subscriber lure, unless they pull a Mekaneck and bury her in the year somewhere...
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

I can't wait for Scorpia to come out next year! I imagine that her Horde symbol will get the 3D treatment that both Catra's and Octavia's got. I also imagine that like Orko and Shadow Weaver, they'll make the magenta elements on her really dark. Boo. I also wonder if she'll end up havin new shoulder parts sculpted for her in oder to allow for the red shoulder armor that ponts downward on her to be 3D, or if they'll go the DCUC cheap route and just paint it on the existing shoulder parts. I hope they giver her a bendy tail and heels with the back spurs that are true to the Filmation design.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I'd love to see Scorpia revealed in the next few months. I'm sure she'd make a great incentive for the 2014 sub. If Mattel is clever enough they'll hold characters like Scorpia, Glimmer, Mantenna, Tung Lashor or Two Bad for the first quarter of 2014...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    I'd love to see Scorpia revealed in the next few months. I'm sure she'd make a great incentive for the 2014 sub. If Mattel is clever enough they'll hold characters like Scorpia, Glimmer, Mantenna, Tung Lashor or Two Bad for the first quarter of 2014...
    Those would for sure be the biggest remaining guns.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Congratulations to Morningstar, 13977, kylun flac and Jo-Ro. Third place goes to…
    Wow, won another.

Scorpia: Never really liked her or Octavia & Entraptra. But I'm starting to like them more now. the unofficial bio's by Gbagok have changed my opinion into liking them. I sure I will like her & she will be a great figure, but I just feel that Hordak should only have Shadoweaver & maybe Catra. Well I grew up just looking at the mini comics & collecting the Horde figures. POP was just to girly for me to get into as a kid. I did like Shadoweaver however.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

So nobody got a clean sweep with the Top Five, but congratulations to kylun flac for coming close. Also, the following correctly predicted that the next candidate would land in second place: vikor, wayneepoo, jdscissorhands and Jo-Ro!

#2 - Mantenna (89/100 votes)

Last time: #2 (90/100 votes)

Mantenna’s a character I’m intrigued to see given the MOTUC treatment. His vintage figure was – arguably – quite ugly. I don’t want a slightly larger version of the vintage figure in my MOTUC collection, personally. I’d rather the Four Horsemen take all of Mantenna’s unique looks and come up with something kick-ass that blows everyone’s expectations out of the water. This is one instance where I hope the use influences from the NECA staction because, while Mantenna’s Filmation look is my favourite, I think a MOTUC version of the staction figure will suit this line best. Four legs, two arms and removable pop-out eyes will make Mantenna a sight to behold and a welcome addition to the Evil Horde. He presents a challenge to Mattel, but with the help of the Four Horsemen, they’ll have the basis for an awesome figure that could sell by the bucketload.

Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Mantenna I would like to see done with the existing MOTUC buck... I don't really NEED him to be a smaller build- though if they put the extra effort into that sort of body type, I wouldn't be disappointed. I just don't necessarily HAVE to have him smaller, and would welcome a "beefed-up" version of this character. I want the exact same color palette of the original. I just really love that dark blue and bright blood red color combination, and would hate to see his paint scheme based on the washed-out Filmation look. He should definitely sport four separate legs, and for a head sculpt he's got to be based on the toy & staction, with that disturbing screeching mouth with all the nasty little teeth! The cartoony lips from Filmation have got to stay out of this one's design, for sure. I can see them handling the eyes the same way they're doing Snake Face's chest snakes. Not two separate heads, one with eyes in, one with eyes out... but rather just eyes that can be pulled out and swapped out for eyes on the "stems" for the bugged-out appearance. Weapon-wise, I imagine that yes, he'll have the classic toy crossbow, but as a nice nod to Filmation I think he'd look great with that blaster he's shown with from the above-posted screen grab
    P.S. Hmm... now what could possibly be taking the #1 slot?
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

The Mantenna staction was a perfect mix of the vintage figure and the cartoon version. I really hope they go this route but with swapable eyes.

The only version I'd buy of Mantenna is the Filmation version (they could re-use the torso for Lizard Man!) I hated the vintage figure as a kid and definately agree with it being UGLY!

I don't mind the stactions build/body, but the head is just way over the top and looks like something from an horror film! So I definately want a smaller less chunky Mantenna like the staction, with some of the details from the vintage toy and staction, but a Filmation inspired head. That would be the perfect hybrid for me.
    Last edited by blackiecats; January 19, 2013 at 02:23pm.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    The only version I'd buy of Mantenna is the Filmation version (they could re-use the torso for Lizard Man!) I hated the vintage figure as a kid and definately agree with it being UGLY!

I don't mind the stactions build/body, but the head is just way over the top and looks like something from an horror film! So I definately want a smaller less chunky Mantenna like the staction, with some of the details from the vintage toy and staction, but a Filmation inspired head. That would be the perfect hybrid for me.
    I agree the only version of Mantenna I want is Filmation. the actual vintage figure stunk. Even if Mantenna has to come in a larger package with legs you have to snap in I would rather not have the small skinny legs that made the figure look so different from the Flimation cartoon character.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I like the vintage version, he's supposed to be UGLY!

modulok, two-bad and mantenna are just completely essential for me in MOTUC ... as with the rest of the vintage roster ...

modulok will probably be the first toy in this line that i will actually play with ... for the most part MOTUC are display/collection items ... this character (along with multi-bot) has playability options whereby we can create and build our own versions etc. ... to me, this is huge ... modulok and multi-bot are definitely my two most anticipated figures now (not forgetting blade ) - i will go wild if these guys show up ...

two-bad is another figure that will blow people away ... for sure, he's definitely up there with ram-man and fisto in the elite-character category ...

mantenna is another childhood favourite, and stuck with me for a lot of years after my youth ... sentimental value is strong with this one ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Abso-frickin-lutely! I was totally thinking this the other day - Mantenna and Lizard Man sharing a body would make perfect sense. Really hope the Four Horsemen have thought about that. Great minds, Neil!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I should have went with my gut on this. I should have paid more attention that Horde Troopers are the most mentioned & very anticipated. Oh well. 3 out of 5 is not bad.

Mantenna: A very essential member of the Horde. Collection could not be without this guy. Personally I can wait I have the 200x figure & looks great with the motuc figures. so I'm happy for not, but is a must have. I hope he is not cheaply done. My main concerned is his four legs & head. I hope he gets the four leg, smaller buck & limbs, & a non goofy head.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Congratulations to zodak74 for correctly predicting the number one spot! (and 13977 in his opening post!)

#1 - Horde Trooper (90/100 votes)

Last time: #4 (88/100 votes)

So, the Horde Trooper fell from grace last year, but he’s back at the top spot in 2013. This is one figure that will give MOTUC a HUGE sales boost. I genuinely believe that with all the multiples fans will buy, this dude could become one of the biggest selling figures the line has ever seen. Personally, I can live without the Snake Men guards. I even sold my Eternian Palace Guards to pay for Granamyr! But Horde Troopers…I need them in my life. I want at least five, plus a few Sea Troopers, so I hope they come with some alternate heads. Just imagine standing them behind Hordak, Shadow Weaver and Catra – the Horde part of my display will look awesome, there’s no doubt. I wouldn’t be surprised if the success of this figure meant that it alone guarantees some higher tooling slots for 2014 (or beyond) and that they become regulars on Matty, available all year round. Mattel, you are sitting on a silver gold mine with these dudes!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I have to disagree with this one. For me, it's staction head all the way! The Filmation version would look too cartoony and goofy (See Fang Man)' and I want my Horde characters to look like they stepped out of a horror movie! In my mind, that's how the Horde was always seen, as living nightmares.

Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid and Tung Lashor

Mantenna was another one of my favourate figures as a kid, I think it was because he was a unique sculpt and looked so different from the other figures.
    I pretty much think the Classics Mantenna will look like the Staction (four separate legs is a MUST) but the limbs and torso will the the size of regular MOTUC figure and the eyes will be that same colour as the vintage toy. I'd be fine with Mantenna only coming with one weapon as he has an extra set of legs.

I never had Trooper as a kid but I'd loved to get two in Classics. I'm not an army builder so will only get two but I'm sure some people will buy loads of them. I'm also not interested in variants like Sea Troopers and repaints. Hope they come with vintage toy and Filmation weapons.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

im really surprised horde trooper got the number one spot ... i don't really have any interest in this character, despite it being in the vintage toy line (i didn't have one as a kid) ...

i will buy one (maybe 2) and display alongside hordak ... but in terms of excitement; this character generates none of those feelings for me ...

im actually more interested in characters like octavia and scorpia than a horde trooper - even though i don't care to own those characters as figures, the horde troopers are just faceless robots to me and not really true unique characters like the rest of the vintage roster ... id rather spend my money on buying storm troopers and building a galatic empire display than creating a horde army ...

im sure folks in this thread can answer this, but i was wondering - did the horde troopers play a big part in filmation and the MOTU/POP cross-over? ... maybe that's why im kind of non-plussed about these as im not a nostalgic filmation fan as a collector ...

man - just re-read that and i sound really grim, im not really!
    Last edited by tmc1984; January 20, 2013 at 08:03am.
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    im really surprised horde trooper got the number one spot ... i don't really have any interest in this character, despite it being in the vintage toy line (i didn't have one as a kid) ...

i will buy one (maybe 2) and display alongside hordak ... but in terms of excitement; this character generates none of those feelings for me ...

im actually more interested in characters like octavia and scorpia than a horde trooper - even though i don't care to own those characters as figures, the horde troopers are just faceless robots to me and not really true unique characters like the rest of the vintage roster ... id rather spend my money on buying storm troopers and building a galatic empire display than creating a horde army ...

im sure folks in this thread can answer this, but i was wondering - did the horde troopers play a big part in filmation and the MOTU/POP cross-over? ... maybe that's why im kind of non-plussed about these as im not a nostalgic filmation fan as a collector ...

man - just re-read that and i sound really grim, im not really!
    Tomski - yes, the Horde Troopers were in almost all of the She-Ra episodes (for some reason I have 88 in my head - it's possible 88 out of the 93 episodes featured them - they obviously weren't in the non-Horde episodes like "Wild Child", "The Greatest Magic", "Just The Way You Are" and "Out Of The Cocoon" and I don't think there are any in "Enchanted Castle" either)...

In fact, next to She-Ra, they were in the MOST episodes out of everyone!

- - - Updated - - -

PS: Pleased to see your interest in Octavia and Scorpia - but please don't change your mind about the June figure!!