Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Popularity Polls 2013 - The Results Countdown!

Despite him being in my favourite Filmation episode 'The Cat and the Spider', I'm still not fussed about a Melaktha figure. He just looks plain and boring to me. Give him some battle armour and he might go up a notch:

Now General Tataran is a Filmation character that I do want.

Twiggets, no thanks, just not for me I'm afraid, I'm also surprised to see them this high.

Baddhra, yeah I'd take him though he's not overly high on my list, preferably in a two pack with Tuvar as I wouldn't want one without the other.

The Oracle, would also be a pass for me I'm afraid.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    #45= - Melaktha (36/100 votes)

NEW ENTRY! #45= - General Tataran (36/100 votes)
    Melaktha is someone that I have been wanting for some time. I feel he would be a great addition to the good guys. I would agree he needs some sort of armor or teche armor like Duncan. I see M@A & Melaktha being similar. They are probably around the same age & know quite a lot about Eternias past & secrets. I can Melaktha being schooled in mechanics like Duncan & making his own teche armor. I see Melaktha as an Indiana Jones type character. Well he would have to be tough. Eternia is an untamed world full of dangers. So give this guy a chance he can be made awesome if looked at a little closer in depth.

Gereral Tartarn is a very big want for my. Again a character that has that D&D thing & would go with Vikor quite well. This guy would be awesome as a figure specialy if he is going to have a Ram Man sized body. That alone would make him unique unless you count King Argho. But man wouldnt that be cool to have more large monsters characters. A troll & a goblin. That would be awesome.

Baddhra is cool as a stand alone character & would make a great figure. I would buy, but would like him with Tuvar as a two pack.

Oracle is a character I like, but I'd be happy knowing that the oracle was Orko or Montork.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Despite him being in my favourite Filmation episode 'The Cat and the Spider', I'm still not fussed about a Melaktha figure. He just looks plain and boring to me. Give him some battle armour and he might go up a notch:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...melaktha-1.png
    Thank you 13977! That is the Melaktha that I come to know & love. He is one bad ****** ******! Armor is whats missing & a little more understanding for this character.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'd take a General Tataran and Melaktha - who will need some armor or belts etc - not just a blue vest.

The Twiggets - I'm 50/50 on, they represent all that is baby-ish and goofy about the filmation series, but I still kinda like them.

My interest on Tuvar and Badhra is lower than ever, I have no need for them - I'll buy them of course as I have everything MOTUC, but I'd rather just have Two-Bad - They'd be a wasted slot(s) IMO.

I go through periods of liking the Oracle - right now he's not high on my list.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    Baddhra and General Tataran are the only ones in the lot I'd have placed much higher. All the others are easily forgettable, IMO.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...melaktha-1.png

Now General Tataran is a Filmation character that I do want.

Twiggets, no thanks, just not for me I'm afraid, I'm also surprised to see them this high.

Baddhra, yeah I'd take him though he's not overly high on my list, preferably in a two pack with Tuvar as I wouldn't want one without the other.

The Oracle, would also be a pass for me I'm afraid.
    You could put anybody's head in that armor and I'd take it.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    i for one would really like to see the Twiggets and Uncle Montork i like the diversity of size they help to bring to the line really making it a universe. Instead of everyone being the same size.
    Sing it, sista!

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    Melaktha is someone that I have been wanting for some time. I feel he would be a great addition to the good guys. I would agree he needs some sort of armor or teche armor like Duncan. I see M@A & Melaktha being similar. They are probably around the same age & know quite a lot about Eternias past & secrets. I can Melaktha being schooled in mechanics like Duncan & making his own teche armor. I see Melaktha as an Indiana Jones type character. Well he would have to be tough. Eternia is an untamed world full of dangers. So give this guy a chance he can be made awesome if looked at a little closer in depth.
    Quoted for truth! Melaktha is so gloriously generic, that giving him a battle-ready makeover would do him an injustice. This line doesn't have any generic, black archaeologists and it needs one, frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    The Twiggets - I'm 50/50 on, they represent all that is baby-ish and goofy about the filmation series, but I still kinda like them.
    I know the name 'Twiggets' makes them instantly sound kinda cutesy and the King, Queen and random villager Twiggets were. But Sprag in particular was very feisty - and Sprocker was quite impulsive too, tending to do what Sprag told him. The opening scene in Troll's Dream between them is classic, as they try and fend off a giant troll from the Rebel camp - with little success, but still a keenness to claim victory. Spritina could've used some development, but always came across as intelligent and responsible, even if she did represent a 'little girl' character. Sprag's aim with a crossbow in Into Etheria and Battle for Bright Moon shows that the Twiggets may be little, but they can still pack a bit of a punch.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Ceratus as a MOTUC figure I don't think would end up looking different enough from Whiplash to justify a place for him on my shelves.
    The Masks Of Power demons? I guess if they came in a two-pack with some weapons/artifacts that could be fun, but as individual releases? No thank you. I would want them as a pair, and at this point in the line- monthly slots are just too valuable to be thrown away on these guys if Mattel handled them any other way than as a set.
    Uncle Montork I would take, but only if he came with Dree-Elle. I like the idea of having a trio of Trollans on my shelf, but feel if they did one without the other, it would feel a little off.
    I don't know enough about Scrollos and don't get much of a vibe from him based on posted pics here on the .org... he's an easy pass.
    A lot of these characters I feel would work ideally in sets. Like Melaktha. Put him in a three-pack in the middle of a Shokoti and Lord Masque sandwich, and THAT would be a set I'd buy an extra of just to keep MIB. On his own... eh...
    General Tataran I've had little interest in until seeing his ranking here... simply because I completely forgot who this guy was. I agree with what so many others have already said- that he would make great re-use of Ram Man parts, making for quite an imposing action figure! I say bring this guy sooner than later into the fold...
    Twiggets. No.
    I want Loo-Kee, Kowl, Madame Razz & Broom, and Imp. I do not want Twiggets OR Widgets.
    This late in the game, I'm not even remotely interested in Baddhra (or Tuvar, for that matter). Just give me the meat and potatoes that is Two Bad instead.
    The Oracle is something that was fine for what he was in the MYP episode, but something that I have zero interest in when it comes to having an action figure produced.
    Last edited by zodak74; December 4, 2012 at 06:58pm.

#44= - Twistoid (37/100 votes)

Last time: #41 (45/100 votes)

The second Masters of the Universe toyline entrant is - predictably - the other Energy Zoid, Twistoid. No great surprise, but I suppose it opens the door for guesses as to who will be next from the vintage line. Not much more to say about Twistoid, other than he was a robot built by Skeletor who went into battle with Rotar (which was kinda convenient seeing as they were the same height and basically did the same thing - what do you mean it was a marketing thing?!).

#44= - Hoove (37/100 votes)

Last time: #41 (45/100 votes)

Here come the first back of NA (or simple 'He-Man') toyline characters. Hoove slips a few places - he seemed to be on the rise last year, but as with all of these placings, the results are approximations. I never expected to see Karatti so soon, so I wouldn't rule out any of these guys. We know for a fact that Hydron and Flogg will make the cut if the line continues with the 12-figure subscription...and we have at least one more NA character to come this year. But I think we're in need of some Galactic Guardians, myself...

#44= - Spinwit (37/100 votes)

Last time: #46 (40/100 votes)

...would Spinwit fit the bill? Well, with Tuskador, Sagitar and some of the other heroes seemingly more popular (they certainly seem to appear on most-wanted lists more often), Spinwit may be left out in the cold (for now). However, despite his similarity to Sy-Klone and Spinnerella, I'd still like to see Mattel get to him. I'd like them to fulfil the initial goal of remaking all of the original toyline folk. I think NA especially could have been handled a little better - at least two per year would've bumped the numbers up. If they'd added a second NA character to 2010, 2011 and 2012, Spinwit would have more of a chance.

#44= - Butthead (37/100 votes)

Last time: #46 (40/100 votes)

Equal in votes and placings with Spinwit this year and last, Butthead puts him in the shade simply by having a fantastically juvenile name, which they didn't even announce in the cartoon. I never had the original figure, but he's characterised as a really likeable dufus in the series, with a great Brooklyn accent that'd make Madame Razz feel at home on Denebria. Villains in general seem more in-demand - I certainly prefer the Mutants to the Galactic Guardians and 'BH' is close to the top of my list of demands.

Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

i really want all three of the New Adventures characters here especially Butthead and Spinwit. However i think Hoove will be one of the figures the 4h will just blow out of the water.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

I really want the NA characters too, however, I really wish they'd look more to the animation designs and colors of these characters - especially for Spinwit. I liked his cartoon color scheme much more. Same with Butthead/BH.

Hoove's figure just looked horrid because all aesthetic in his hips were sacrificed for the cheap kicking action feature - making him have two huge hip pieces sticking out from his torso.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

More NA for me please...the only segment still way under-represented in Classics. Hoove could benefit from the later, updated Too-Tall Hoove design, since both are unlikely to be made. Butthead is a nice figure, and has interesting twists in the cartoon from a total idiot ('Fire at will!' 'Who's will?') to a genius. But can they use the name, since there is another Butthead (hehehehehe, you said 'butt'!)?
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    A lot of these characters used to be "must haves" to me, that have fallen into the "well I doubt we'll see them, why bother" territory for me. :/

I voted for a few of them though, and would still love to see Drissi, Sebrian, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Scurvy, Melaktha, and Montork.

Out of this last round, Hoove is one of my most wanted mutants!
    More Vintage NA for MOTUC in 2016!!
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, Admiral Scurvy, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Yes to the NA mutants!!!
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I've not seen a character yet that I'd actually be interested in buying!
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

I do like Twistoid more than I like Rotar, but would still prefer them to come in one pack.
    Hoove is demented- I love the look of this character, but hope a MOTUC version of him would jettison the Trap-Jaw legs in favor of something VERY unique to Hoove. I do worry ALL the Space Mutants will reuse those Trappy legs...
    Spinwit is a must-have Galactic Protector for me. I do intend on displaying him with the twisteriffic Sy-Klone and Spinnerella
    Butthead is another must-have NA figure... he's close behind Quakke on my most-wanted Space Mutants list.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    #44= - Hoove (37/100 votes)

#44= - Spinwit (37/100 votes)

#44= - Butthead (37/100 votes)
    ]
    Now that we have mostly all the vintage figures out of the way I'm more excited about getting obscure & NA characters. But I've always wanted the obscure the most.
    Twitoid I want. I would like him as a two pack with attachable legs.
    Hoove is a must for NA. The toy does not do him justice, but his cartoon is cool.
    Spinwit!! I'm really looking forward to him. Sooner rather than later! Forget about Hydron I want him as the next NA good guy in the line.
    BH I want him. He rounds out the mutants nicely so I got to have him at some point.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I don't care much about Twistoid or Rotar. I remember being disappointed with Rotar as a kid as I couldn't manage to make Rotar stand. By the way, the action feature didn't really work did it? These two were probably the lamest vintage MOTU characters... and they appeared at the end of the line. I guess that's why they are not that popular... I personally don't want them in MOTUC... or at least not until we've got Glimmer, Scorpia, Lizard Man etc. before!!!

I'm more eager to see NA characters in MOTUC. I had few of them as a kid but I found them pretty cool. Hydron, Flogg, Mara, Darius, Sagittar, Vizar, Butthead... could make great MOTUC figures... I really hope we get more of them in the next few years...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Hoove is demented- I love the look of this character, but hope a MOTUC version of him would jettison the Trap-Jaw legs in favor of something VERY unique to Hoove. I do worry ALL the Space Mutants will reuse those Trappy legs...
    Agreed... enough of Trap Jaw legs! It was quite unnecessary to use those legs for Optikk and Karatti! We've had enough characters with those Trap Jaws legs!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Nepthu!!!!
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I want all those NA figures ASAP! After seeing what the 4HM have done with Karatte - Hoove will look totally awesome!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

I've spoken up for Spinwit before but just feel a bit meh about him now.

I think Hoove would be Classicized very well but his vintage toy detracts from his potential.

Butt-Head has a weirdo "How the hell does that work?" kind of weapon and is otherwise meh like Spinwit.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I'd take all of them in the round
    Like I said with Rotar, Twistoid could be AMAZING if done right and comes with detachable legs like in Emils vision.
    Hoove is my most wanted Mutant and I hope we get him soon. Yeah the original figure was horrible like most of the NA figures but don't let that put you off. I'd love to get a second head based on the concept art/Euro comics version but I don't see that happening.
    Spinwit is towards the bottom of my list of GG but I do still want him. I really hope he comes in the cartoon colours and not the terrible colours the figure had.
    Butthead is my least wanted of the original NA figure's but I do still want him, again preferably in cartoon colours. I assume his neck will work like the Meckaneck's and Rattlor's.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I'd take all of them in the round
    Like I said with Rotar, Twistoid could be AMAZING if done right and comes with detachable legs like in Emils vision.
    I was won over after see them with legs from Emils drawings. Done as strait up vintage they are kinda lame. I still would want them though just not as much. They just wont be as fun without having attachable legs.

More results please Scorpia!!! It's been two days!!
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

I'll get to your comments tomorrow - sorry for the delay, I've been away for a few days.

----------

#43 - Vizar (38/100 votes)

Last time: #43 (43/100 votes)

A non-mover in this year's chart, although his overall votes have decreased, Vizar (and Kayo) seem to be outlined as the sort of characters Mattel may not get to now that the roadmap has been thrown out the window. Of course, 2013's lower-than-expected sub sales doesn't mean they won't get to him because if we keep buying subs, they'll keep making the figures... But now that 2014-15 are going to be all-star years, we can practically kiss goodbye to most NA characters.

#42= - Dree-Elle (39/100 votes)

Last time: #39 (47/100 votes)

Dree-Elle is 'the female Orko', but wasn't quite as bumbling. She seemed relatively smart, despite playing the damsel-in-distress role in Dawn of Dragoon and being characterised as a girly-girl in The Bitter Rose. She-Ra's The Greatest Magic saw her getting captured again, but she used the power of love she had for Orko to communicate with him, suggesting that Trollans can be inter-linked telepathically. I like that the series showcased relationships - it made the series feel more authentic - and I'm a big fan of Dree-Elle. She - like Orko - brings a balance of light to the mythos' shade (which is particularly prevalent in recent years).

NEW ENTRY! #42= - Fighting Foe Men (39/100 votes)

Last time: N/A

Another new entry, these guys have only been included because they're on their way to your shelves! This time last year, we had no idea who they were and how they'd be fiddled into the line, although we were promised that secrets would be revealed. I do have to take umbrage with them being 'fan-demanded' though. There were people who wanted to know who they were - that doesn't make the characters they've become fan-demanded. Similarly, there were fans asking for the 'model kit characters' but they were quite niche characters, requested by a few fans. Including them in the sub was a big risk - and while they use many parts from other characters (and are therefore cheap to make), I have to wonder if the 2013 sub sales would've been better if it wasn't for them.

Last edited by Scorpia; December 8, 2012 at 03:05pm.

I don't doubt that the Four Horsemen could transform Vizar into a great MOTUC figure, but as we've been told the line past 2013 is sticking closely to THE most-wanted characters (plus the fact that this guy's abilities are already covered by Tri-Klops and Mekaneck) I could easily live without Vizar in my collection. If he's made, cool. If not, that's cool too.
    Dree-Elle I would definitely welcome. But like I said, a multi-pack of Trollans might be the best way to go at this point in the line.
    The Fighting Foe Men were easily one of my favorites reveals from SDCC 2012 and I can not wait to get my hands on these three! I seriously think the naysayers, once they open 'em up and play around with 'em, are going to warm up to these "new" characters. If they weren't already slotted in, I know I could do without them. But since they were part of the plan before the line's sales started to dwindle, I do not mind getting them at all- and a multi-pack I feel was the best way to get them out there