Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Popularity Polls 2013 - The Results Countdown!

I like Kittirina & I would like for Carnivus to have some more feline people to stand beside him.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

NA Mutants are so much more exciting than the protectors. Outside of Hydron (really only becuase he is the figure head), Tuskador, and Sagitar, I wouldnt be upset if they only made the villians.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    NA Mutants are so much more exciting than the protectors. Outside of Hydron (really only becuase he is the figure head), Tuskador, and Sagitar, I wouldnt be upset if they only made the villians.
    I agree...Icarius does nothing for me, but I really like Optikk, Slush Head & Karatti...
    Last edited by Berserker79; December 15, 2012 at 08:42am.

I think after Hydron, having someone who looks very unconventional come next in the Galactic Protector department would do the NA faction some good. So Tuskador would be a welcome addition to my shelves. You don't want the line to end and have it all just be military-esque kind of characters alonside NA He-Man. I'm not sure if they'll go the cartoon route and have it just be a guy with tusked armor, or if he's some sort of alien (which would be neat)... but visually he's a really neat design and would translate well to Classics.

And I have to say, ditto regarding Artilla. I actually would prefer Artilla before Tuskador, but by the time the line is over I'd like them both to see release. I see him as being the NA Man-At-Arms character. In fact, I think it would be cool to somehow tie the two of them together. Hey, if the Sorceress can be a computer program, than why not transfer Duncan's consciousness into a machine? Resurrection-time! As for how Artilla should appear... I'm torn. Sure, the classic toy is a complete mess. But that's part of his charm. But he has the MOST unorthodox limbs, head, torso... all kinds of odd shapes going on there. I don't know if he would have to be a 100% newly tooled figure or if they can cleverly sneak in some old parts for this guy... no matter if they stick with toy design or go for the cartoon, I do so hope they retain the toy's vibrant plasticy colors.

The Red Knight? After SLL, I'm not convinced Mattel would do this figure justice. I worry he would be just one solid block of red without any nuances or shading to make him look visually striking. Unless a fantastic reveal at a future comic con changes my mind, I say "PASS."

As for Dekker... if we didn't already have him, I wouldn't want him. He's a fine figure, but not a terribly interesting character and there are many others from MYP I wanted before him.

Kayo is floating somewhere just above Nocturna in the bottom of my NA barrel. The wife-beater element makes him look the most "space military" of all of the Protectors/Guardians, and I just don't find him interesting enough of a design or a concept to see him included at this point.

Now we're getting to some more of the characters I'd be rather jazzed about getting in this line...
    Staghorn! I could see some Ram Man parts being reused to bulk this guy up to MOTUC standards, and turn him into a REALLY imposing figure in the Space Mutants line-up. I am dying to see Quakke the most, but Staghorn is right behind him.

Kittrina does indeed fall behind the likes of Shokoti, Scorpia, Queen Elmora, and Hunga as far as the next-to-be-released Filmation-created gals go, but I do still want her in the line. MOTUC really needs non-human female characters on the side of the heroes, and she would be such a purrfect foil for Catra. I mean, she's an actual cat person. Catra is a pretender to the throne. Imagine the fights!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    NA Mutants are so much more exciting than the protectors.
    What! @%$#! lol
    Its funny now that I'm an adult I love the heroes more & find them more appealing. I feel MOTUC should have a healthy balance throughout each year. More Galactic Protectors are in order.

Staghorn I want. I would like him latter though. Man I forgot how ugly the NA toy of him was. I like the cartoon much better. I loved his Australian ac sent. Its funny that other characters from space have Australian ac sents like Jeice from DBZ. There must be a planet Australia. see TFS Abridged parody episode 20 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LgpZyJihck

As for Kittirina I wouldn't mind having her as a figure, but I wouldn't care if she wasn't going to be released either. I think shes cool. I'm just not invested in her. so I wouldn't be disappointed either way.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

NA Mutants are so much more exciting than the protectors.
    Can I get an 'AMEN!'? Of course there are a few neat ones, but too many dull...well, basic troopers.

As for Kittrina...she's a figure I've waited to see since the 80s...and even more so when the Classics line started and EVEN MORE when they got the Filmation rights. If only one more Classics figure is made, I can't honestly decice whether it should be Kittrina, Crita, Lizard-Man or Madame Razz.
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

Dose anyone remember Grot? He was a NA good guy though he wasn't a Galactic protector or a toy he was a cool mutant good guy. I'm curious to see how fans feel about him.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Kayo is floating somewhere just above Nocturna in the bottom of my NA barrel. The wife-beater element makes him look the most "space military" of all of the Protectors/Guardians, and I just don't find him interesting enough of a design or a concept to see him included at this point.
    I wonder would you prefer Kayo if he didn't have bare arm's like in his concept art and in the Euro comics?
    I'd buy two Kayo's so I could paint the arms blue on one

MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I like the blue arms better.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodland Warrior View Post
    Nice to see the annual countdown back. Thanks Scorpia.
    So far outside of the sub figures I have to buy (Cy-Chop and the Flippin Foe Men I am looking at you) the only chaps that tickle my fancy are the the masks of power demons and Ceratus. I do love a lizard/beast man.
    Good to have you back too, buddy! I'd used another adjective to describe the 'flippin' Foe Men. I'll leave you to work it out for yourselves.

Problem is, the line has the potential to become SO villain-heavy it's unreal. Horde, Snake Men, independent villains from Filmation and MYP and of course the Mutants. I agree they're not as exciting, but we need a few more Galactic Guardians to balance things out.

Kittrina does indeed fall behind the likes of Shokoti, Scorpia, Queen Elmora, and Hunga as far as the next-to-be-released Filmation-created gals go, but I do still want her in the line. MOTUC really needs non-human female characters on the side of the heroes, and she would be such a purrfect foil for Catra. I mean, she's an actual cat person. Catra is a pretender to the throne. Imagine the fights!
    I didn't think to include Queen Elmora, but I'd hazard a guess that Kittrina would be more fan-demanded than her. I'd put Elmora somewhere near Mortella, Ahgo and - dare I say it - even Starchild... There are just so many Filmation characters to get to. I'm with you on the non-human female front. Shadow Weaver is exciting because she's different - as will Octavia and Scorpia be. Granita and Hunga are real dream gals for me!

Quote Originally Posted by pH6 View Post
    If only one more Classics figure is made, I can't honestly decice whether it should be Kittrina, Crita, Lizard-Man or Madame Razz.
    *cough* *Madame* *cough* *Razz*

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    Dose anyone remember Grot? He was a NA good guy though he wasn't a Galactic protector or a toy he was a cool mutant good guy. I'm curious to see how fans feel about him.
    Grot's another one I hadn't considered. I don't think enough people know about him to make popular enough, but he could use the Ram-Man torso and some longer legs. He'd be fierce, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I wonder would you prefer Kayo if he didn't have bare arm's like in his concept art and in the Euro comics?
    My problem with him is that he's so generic. For me, Tuskador, Sagitar and Artilla stand out because they're different. Heck, I'd love a cartoon Artilla in MOTUC. Vizar, Kayo and Nocturna (and Spinwit I guess) are too much like Flipshot for me.

That might have been a interesting way to introduce Darius in Seaon Two as it would explain his absences but I wouldn't want them to do that in MOTUC.
    That's fair enough - personally, I'd love it. King He-Man's bio will probably reveal more, so it'll be interesting to see how they bring everyone back to Eternia. Will they reference the events seen in The Final Invasion? Will Crita return to Eternia with Skeletor? I wonder if ToyGuru knows about Jack Olesker's plans for Season Two - if he does, I imagine he'll try and incorporate them, as he has done with He-Ro Son of He-Man. IMO, Darius could do with a BIG reveal to make him more appealing to the fan base - making him a King who the Galactic Protectors have to keep safe could raise the stakes a little...all depends on how they tackle it.

And as if by magic...

----------

#37 - Darius (44/100 votes)

Last time: #36 (51/100 votes)

I remember wondering where on earth Darius was hiding back in the early 90s. He was prominently seen in several pieces of UK NA media and of course was on all the backs of the early waves' packaging, so he's a bit of an anomaly. I did get quite excited when various prototypes emerged - ah, the wonders of the internet. It gives me hope that some day we'll see the same for the Star Sisters (and I do still hold out hope that some bright spark did some sketches of toys for Shadow Weaver and Scorpia!). Given that he was a prototype, I expect we'll see Darius in MOTUC. He has a bit of an advantage over others for that reason, IMO - Scott seems to like doing prototypes and Darius (along with Eldor and Mara) is one of the few left that I'd like to see make it in the line.

Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    *cough* *Madame* *cough* *Razz*

Oh deary my, yes. I haven't seen the official numbers unlike someone else, but I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one wanting to get that old hag in figure form.

Darius...that figure was in the very first NA publication I ever saw. And boy have I been wanting to get one. I have all the vintage NA figures and vehicles...I could really use those only seen as prototypes, concept art or in the cartoon more than redos. Of course I have to emphasize it does not automatically apply to anything and everything seen in the medias I mentioned...but that's not a matter of this poll.
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

That's fair enough - personally, I'd love it. King He-Man's bio will probably reveal more, so it'll be interesting to see how they bring everyone back to Eternia. Will they reference the events seen in The Final Invasion? Will Crita return to Eternia with Skeletor? I wonder if ToyGuru knows about Jack Olesker's plans for Season Two - if he does, I imagine he'll try and incorporate them, as he has done with He-Ro Son of He-Man. IMO, Darius could do with a BIG reveal to make him more appealing to the fan base - making him a King who the Galactic Protectors have to keep safe could raise the stakes a little...all depends on how they tackle it.
    I'd by fine with him being King of Primus and being Drissi and Caz's father its the going into hiding part I don't like for him as Darius is a great veteran warrior in his own right, just like MAA or Randor, so I just can't see him going into hiding. But if its just them keeping it a secret from the Mutants that he's king and not actually going into hiding then I'd been cool with that

Darius is my most wanted NA figure and he's my second most wanted overall figure after Eldor. So I'm glad to see him the third highest ranking GG in these polls with only Hydron and Sagitar above him. I really hope he's the next GG released and we get him next year. As with all the GG (except Artilla) I hope he comes with a helmeted and unhelmeted head just like Flipshot did.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Darius is super cool! I hope we do see him finally get released in MOTUC.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I also wish to see Darius in MOTUC. I remember being eager to see him in toy form after discovering in comics and in prototype pictures. Unfortunately he was never released as a toy in NA, nor was he featured in the Jetlag cartoon. Can't remember where I read this, but I believe that he was originally meant to play a big part in the NA mythos (kind of like Sebrian).

Along with Eldor or Mara, Darius is one of those rare prototype/concept characters I'd really like to see in MOTUC. As some people have already said, I think it would be cool to read in the bios that he has some connection to Caz and Drissi...

- - - Updated - - -

I also wish to see Darius in MOTUC. I remember being eager to see him in toy form after discovering in comics and in prototype pictures. Unfortunately he was never released as a toy in NA, nor was he featured in the Jetlag cartoon. Can't remember where I read this, but I believe that he was originally meant to play a big part in the NA mythos (kind of like Sebrian).

Along with Eldor or Mara, Darius is one of those rare prototype/concept characters I'd really like to see in MOTUC. As some people have already said, I think it would be cool to read in the bios that he has some connection to Caz and Drissi...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

#36 - Lodar (45/100 votes)

Last time: #25 (63/100 votes)

This might surprise a few of you. Perhaps Lodar's not seen as 'essential' by too many fans? He's certainly taken a bit of a drop. We know we're getting Geldor at the end of 2012 - can't say I'm too excited - and we already have Procrustus. Lodar's the other minicomic character that gets mentioned a lot - the question is, will Mattel get to him before the line officially waves us farewell? Given that there are so few fan-demanded minicomic characters, I'd say he has a pretty good chance. He's also fairly easy to tool and his mace is already there (see Sir Laser-Lot). So, yeah, I expect we'll see Lodar by the time the line ends. I won't be buying - despite how much I love Procrustus, the mini comics generally don't mean much to me.

Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

I like Lodar as well as his Slave City co-stars Rana & Garn. I also liked the kobolds but I want Lodar, Rana, & Garn waaaaaaay before them.

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/NA/proto25.jpg
    Visually, that does make him look a bit better. I think bare arms are fine- he's supposed to have that whole knock-out punch thing going on... so I'm okay with some muscle showing. Maybe if he had snap-on blue chest armor I'd like him more? Also, Tatarus is a way better name...

- - - Updated - - -

Darius is a must-have, for sure. Look at him. He SCREAMS "I'm the leader of the Galactic Protectors, NOT Hydron!!!"
    What an awesome figure he would make

- - - Updated - - -

Lodar is my #1 most wanted mini comic figure. Sad to see him drop, but hopeful he WILL be made!

Heroic Warrior
    If they're made properly, I'd buy Lodar and Darius in a heartbeat !

Exciting from an action and storytelling stand-point, perhaps, but visually the Galactic Protectors rule over the Mutants IMHO. You can't get much more 'mush face' and amorphous than Flogg, and he's just for starters. In fact- even though I really do like NA and find it entirely valid to include that universe of characters in MOTUC- I've always felt that the NA villains were visually blah and boring. There was just nothing exciting or unique about most of them. Yes, Optik is about as unique as you get and Mattel/Horsemen choose well in going for Karatti and Optik before someone more mundane looking like Flogg, but I know eventually we're going to have to get to guys like him and I'm underwhelmed enough with the source material to say I can wait a long time for that day.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Visually, that does make him look a bit better. I think bare arms are fine- he's supposed to have that whole knock-out punch thing going on... so I'm okay with some muscle showing. Maybe if he had snap-on blue chest armor I'd like him more? Also, Tatarus is a way better name...

- - - Updated - - -

Darius is a must-have, for sure. Look at him. He SCREAMS "I'm the leader of the Galactic Protectors, NOT Hydron!!!"

- - - Updated - - -

Lodar is my #1 most wanted mini comic figure. Sad to see him drop, but hopeful he WILL be made!
    Also... Lodar absolutely MUST have spiked-bottomed boots!

Problem is, the line has the potential to become SO villain-heavy it's unreal. Horde, Snake Men, independent villains from Filmation and MYP and of course the Mutants. I agree they're not as exciting, but we need a few more Galactic Guardians to balance things out.
    Exactly! Why should the line cater to just the monster-like bad guys? This line needs a good balance. I personally would not want any character left out because they weren't interesting enough. That would be like having an X-Men toy collection without Professor-X.

Granita and Hunga are real dream gals for me!
    you must have a odd taste in women. Or, you like otherworldly & mythical creatures. lol
    A voice like granite or a voice like nails on a chalkboard. Each to his or her own

Darius is a winner for me. I want him real soon. He is a little uninteresting I admit, but what I find more important is the role the character plays.

- - - Updated - - -

#36 - Lodar (45/100 votes)
    Lodar was a character I was very passionate about, but don't feel that way as much now. I still want him of course. What I really really want are his Kobolds. They would be very cool monster enemies. We already have all the parts accept for the head.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, he dose! No question about it.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Tuskador, Artilla, Darius and Mara (prototype version) are my most wanted NA Heroes. They are all more visually appealing than the more human ones - Nocturna, Vizar, Kayo etc - which I'd still like but maybe less so.

Now that MOTUC is going to focus on more important characters from 2014/15, I really hope Lodar does make it somehow - either con exclusive or Sub exclusive. He is so easy to do and I've always wanted a figure of his since I was 4 years old. I love that he is a mix of the Shredder and MK Scorpian/Sub-Zero.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Also... Lodar absolutely MUST have spiked-bottomed boots!
    Great for keeping your feet dry or kick-in someones skull.

Ha ha, exactly!

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Staghorn is a mutant I'd love to see before MOTUC takes the big sleep. On the subject of reusing the Trap Jaw legs, he's the one character that makes the most sense to do so. They are almost practically the same.

Kittrina I'm not fussed about getting.

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/NA/proto25.jpg
    That was my thinking as well.

Darius is a huge NA want for me. I need him and Crystoll!

S & M Man... er Lodar, is a huge pass for me at this point. Maybe if the line were healthier...
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon