Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Popularity Polls 2013 - The Results Countdown!

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    There are just so many Filmation characters to get to. I'm with you on the non-human female front. Shadow Weaver is exciting because she's different - as will Octavia and Scorpia be. Granita and Hunga are real dream gals for me!
    I really hope we get to see more Filmation female in MOTUC... Scorpia, Granita or Madame Razz are must haves!!!!!!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Sign me up for Darius - my favourite Galactic Protector. I'll take Lodar too, cool looking villain that he is.

- - - Updated - - -

Sign me up for Darius - my favourite Galactic Protector. I'll take Lodar too, cool looking villain that he is.
    Neutral Forest Spirit

#35= = Light Hope (47/100 votes)

Last time: #35 (52/100 votes)

Always a tricky one to convince fans they NEED in their collection, Light Hope was essentially a shaft of multi-coloured light rising from the depths of the Crystal Castle. Whilst he presents a challenge for the Four Horsemen, I still want him and imagine a large translucent 'crystal' with the base of his pool surrounding him. He'd make an excellent display piece and has already been mentioned in the Etheria bio, cementing his importance in the mythos.

#35= - Mara (47/100 votes)

Last time: #31 (56/100 votes)

We're one step closer to finding out who's the most fan-demanded NA hero - and Mara comes in a gallant 3rd place. Whether you want 'warrior' Mara or 'white robes' Mara, I have a feeling she'll be made in the next two years. There are some female characters too important to the lore and Mara's just that for the Galactic Guardians. I've said all this before, but I hope they find a way to give her both distinctive looks - perhaps in a similar way to Queen Marlena, with her dress over her battle gear and a second head with the lethal spiked ponytail.

Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Light Hope. I would like this as a diorama of some kind. How it would look? My imagination can see LH being very lovely if done with artistic care & approached right or a plastic mess. Well I would hope we will get this as a figure/diorama at some point & not have to use our imagination instead.

Mara. The only female in the ranks of the Galactic Protectors if thats what she was in the vintage days? A must have? I would think so. She is more of a diplomat/politician (served MS) than a warrior, but is accentual like Master Sabrian. I love both looks. I like the colors & design of her warrior look, but like her every day appearance too. Can't we get both looks somehow like Queen Marlania? Heads maybe too? Same face sculpt just different hair sculpts. I'm sure even non NA fans would like her specially with the warrior look. Like I said I would like both dresses.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I would be happy with Light Hope as a Diorama type piece or realized as a figure. As long as the translucency (*not a word) colors are there I'll be fine.

I prefer Warrior Mara over Toga Mara but Warrior Mara and Prototype Mara rank about the same. I'd be fine with warrior or prototype styles.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    If they're made properly, I'd buy Lodar and Darius in a heartbeat !
    Me, too, Darius is popular in Germany, too. We had the Ehapa comics, where he was featured. Lodar looks like a cool 80's figure, I think, he would look awesome with the MOTUC buck.

I suppose if we have the Sorceress for He-Man, and Horde Prime for Hordak, that it's only fair we get Light Hope for She-Ra. I kinda think this should be the very last PoP character/item to be released though- I'm not convinced it would be a very good seller, and for that reason it might be better for Mattel to play it safe and put it out last, so as to not hurt the chances of other PoP stuff getting released. Well, that and I just am not that excited personally about this character... LOL. I think Light Hope's chances as a successful win-'em-over toy would be better if he were made into 6" humanoid form, just like how the 4H translated Horde Prime into an articulated 6" figure. The best of both worlds would be to see him released as a SDCC exclusive in a neat package (hello? She-Ra's 30th Anniversary is calling you!)- one that would fold out and become the Light Hope diorama we've seen in Filmation. Now a combo release like THAT, I could get excited about!

Mara. Definitely want her. Definitely would like to see them stick to her prototype design. Not too fussed about having her in her flowing robes cartoon look. Again, I could see this figure doing well as a themed two-pack- stick her with Master Sebrian!

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Lighthope would be fantastic. It will be really interesting to see how the Horseman would handle him. A definate buy for me.
    Mara is an easy pass.
    Neutral Forest Spirit

Mara is a must-buy for me. It always bothered me that no female New Adventures figures were ever made, especially when I learned that a prototype was created for her. I also hope they make Darius as well - the true leader of the Galactic Guardians.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Light Hope is a good candidate for some led effects in a translucent piece of plastic. Something like Lagoona Blue fish tank in MH.

Mara is definitely one of my most wanted remaining characters. She played such a large roll in the cartoon and is one of the few characters that was made into a prototype that has yet to grace MOTUC. Having gotten the Star Sisters and He-Ro I really really want Mara, Darius, and Eldor.
    Want Crita Veena Angella Peekablue EvilSeed Prahvus Saurod Ssqueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreElle Montork Miro BlastAttack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quake Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Drissi LadySlither Bubblor ThreeBeast FangOr GreatBlackWizard MajorHeader RaJar

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Mara is definitely one of my most wanted remaining characters. She played such a large roll in the cartoon and is one of the few characters that was made into a prototype that has yet to grace MOTUC. Having gotten the Star Sisters and He-Ro I really really want Mara, Darius, and Eldor.
    I want them too! By the way, I like your wish list! So many cool characters yet to be made!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Mara is a must for me!!! Not having her in the original toyline was insane. I do think that her protoype design would be better suited for the classics line, sorry but the toga version is too boring and this way they can finally put BG Teela's buck to good use. If she is made she will be the first female Na character produced!

#34= - Goat Man (48/100 votes)

Last time: #37 (50/100 votes)

I never liked the goat. He's a goat, for Heaven's sake. One of the least scary creatures ever known to man. I look at goats and my heart melts. They're so gosh-darn cute. So surely combining a goat with a hunky muscle Mary would surely be a thing of enormous joy, right? Wrong, because it's just weird. I hold a candle for certain one-shot characters, but I don't find Goat Man original, inventive or remotely threatening. I know people make the connection between him and the devil, but I just don't see it. The Devil, yes. Goat Man, no.

#34= - Karg (48/100 votes)

Last time: #26 (62/100 votes)

In the great tradition of parts re-use in MOTUC, someone made the brilliant observation that Karg could, in fact, reuse Netossa's hair. She could start her own line of MOTUC wigs, but of course she'd need to go over to Eternia to flog one to old hook-hand. It's convenient then that she followed She-Ra back to her home planet, as setting up business in the rough Etherian climate would be a risky move at best. With everyone choosing to holiday on the sunny planet of Eternia, Netossa would have a much broader target base. And, later, when Karg takes the 'do to Earth, she's really in for a treat. That's 7billion more people to tout for wig sales. And with Karg as your number 1 salesman, 'no' - quite frankly - isn't an option.

Last edited by Scorpia; December 17, 2012 at 03:13pm.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Should Karg even be on the list? He isn't possible to make.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Love Karg's hair!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Should Karg even be on the list? He isn't possible to make.
    Karg and Lt. Andra are the only characters in the chart that Mattel can't make. Their inclusion was to assess the demand for them. Andra didn't fare too well in her debut year and Karg has dropped significantly - which may give an indication to TG as to whether it's even worth pursuing the licences.

I love this thread Scorpia. I'm always excited to see who's next.

Goat Man went up in position, but down in votes...I'm calling it a win. Goat Man!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Goat Man! Yes! I want that slightly satanic-looking fellow in my Evil Warriors ranks before this line is through! I've never seen him represented with weapons either, which makes him a clean slate... I would love to see what the Four Horsemen could come up with for this fiendish fellow to wield. I'm thinking a gnarly battle axe of some sort... and a bunch of rocks. I could see him getting nasty in battle and grabbing large rocks off the ground and smacking you square in the face with 'em... and then coming at you with that battle axe...

Karg. I could see him with rooted hair in the '80s with a repaint of Loo-Kee's brush... but can't really see where he'd fit stylistically in MOTUC these days. I consider him a bit of a lost cause...

40=) Tuskador (41/100 votes)
    40=) Artilla (41/100 votes)
    40=) The Red Knight (41/100 votes)
    40=) Dekker (41/100 votes)
    41=) Nocturna (40/100 votes)
    41=) Tuvar (40/100 votes)
    41=) Cy-Chop (40/100 votes)
    42=) Dree-Elle (39/100 votes)
    42=) Fighting Foe Men (39/100 votes)
    43) Vizar (38/100 votes)
    44=) Twistoid (37/100 votes)
    44=) Hoove (37/100 votes)
    44=) Spinwit (37/100 votes)
    44=) Butthead (37/100 votes)
    45=) Melaktha (36/100 votes)
    45=) General Tataran (36/100 votes)
    45=) Twiggets – Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina (36/100 votes)
    45=) Baddhra (36/100 votes)
    45=) The Oracle (36/100 votes)
    46=) Masks of Power demons (35/100 votes)
    46=) Uncle Montork (35/100 votes)
    46=) Scrollos (35/100 votes)
    47) Ceratus (34/100 votes)
    48=) King Micah (33/100 votes)
    48=) Admiral Scurvy (33/100 votes)
    48=) Queen Andreeno (33/100 votes)
    49) Rotar (32/100 votes)
    50=) The Enchantress (31/100 votes)
    50=) Master Sebrian (31/100 votes)
    51=) Drissi (30/100 votes)
    51=) Kulatak (30/100 votes)
    52) The Crimson Fury (29/100 votes)
    53) Josh (28/100 votes)
    54=) Songster (26/100 votes)
    54=) Stingrad (26/100 votes)
    55=) Mortella (25/100 votes)
    55=) King Ahgo (25/100 votes)
    56) Sortech (24/100 votes)
    57) Starchild (21/100 votes)
    58) Lt. Andra (20/100 votes)
    59) King Taureus (17/100 votes)
    60) The ABC Giants (16/100 votes)
    61) The Scientists of Primus (15/100 votes)
    62) Caz (14/100 votes)

The only character in this list that I would actually want to own is Mortella, and that is only because of my love for Filmation. I can still think of about 25 characters I would rather have before her. Meh.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    #34= - Goat Man (48/100 votes)

#34= - Karg (48/100 votes)
    Nothing has changed I still want goatman. As a kid I wanted him. Still do. However I would like him to be get a little more updating.

I'm sad that Karg is not possible. He would have been an important loyal general in skeletors army.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I think Karg & Goat Man will make excellent action figures, but I am not sure I would want either of them.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

#33 = - Karatti (49/100 votes)

Last time: #45 (41/100 votes)

Just like Dekker, Karatti's been given a boost by the reveal of his figure - now at around 50% popularity. Clearly, the Four Horsemen have magical hands and can make almost any character visually appealing to fans. I don't know about you, but I wasn't expecting to see Karatti in a million years. I like the fact that there's a bit of diversity emerging in the line - it should have had this from the start, IMO. Releasing Optikk first was a promising start, but NA characters have been so few and far between since, I sort of feel they've missed the boat a little. Here's hoping we see more in 2013 and 2014.

#33= - Quakke (49/100 votes)

Last time: #40 (46/100 votes)

Quakke's an NA character I just love. More so the toon version than the toy. Are, he was a little bit stoo-pid, but who wasn't? He had a kinda cool and chunky design and fits brilliantly alongside the likes of Staghorn, BH and Slush Head. This was the thing about NA for me. The Mutants were GREAT. They looked great together, whereas the heroes were a little too bland and - I hate to say it - I just didn't care enough for them. I cared about He-Man in the Filmation years, just as I cared about Teela, Randor, Marlena et al. I didn't care much for the Galactic Guardians or Master Sebrian. Don't get me wrong, there are some I'd love to see as figures and I do like the NA cartoon, but I feel the Mutants waaaaay stole the show from the good guys. Quakke is an example of why.

#33= - Procrustus (49/100 votes)

Last time: #39 (47/100 votes)

I was never too fussed with Tytus or Megator, but Procrustus is AWESOME. A beautiful sculpt of a really cool character, I just wish I had more space in my flat for figures (I have to draw the line somewhere and just can't justify getting any of the giants). He has a pretty cool backstory too, which is nicely woven into the fabric of the MOTUC canon - a giant who lives underground (mini comics), who holds the Star Seed (Filmation) and holds Eternia together after Hordak uses the Spell of Separation to tear the planet apart (MYP). Really neat bio for a really cool looking figure.

#33= - Illumina (49/100 votes)

Last time: #42 (44/100 votes)

Controversial she may be, but Illumina is still often talked about by fans making their want-lists. She did well to win the He-Man.Org poll earlier this year - fending off the likes of Hawke and Huntara in a closely fought race - but couldn't quite match the nostalgic power of Geldor when it came down to the final fans' vote at SDCC.

Really excited for all 4 of these guys.
    Want Crita Veena Angella Peekablue EvilSeed Prahvus Saurod Ssqueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreElle Montork Miro BlastAttack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quake Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Drissi LadySlither Bubblor ThreeBeast FangOr GreatBlackWizard MajorHeader RaJar

Karatti wasn't an exciting possibility until they revealed his Four Horsemen makeover months back. Now that I've seen what he looks like as a MOTUC figure, I am quite excited about him being released next year.
    One of the reasons why I was never that interested in a Karatti figure, was because of the other fellow he is tied with in these polls: QUAKKE!
    My most-wanted mutant after Optikk has always been Quakke, and I want him before Flogg, or Staghorn, or Butthead, or... Karatti. However, it looks like I'm going to have to wait a while, as I don't see another Space Mutant coming in 2013 after Karatti... and I'm pretty certain 2014 will see the Space Mutant leader- Flogg. Not to mention a NA Skeletor variant before the line goes kaput. So who knows if Quakke will ever make the cut. But I hope he does. Look at that classic figure- he's a great-looking toy! Imagine THAT version updated (not the drab cartoon incarnation). He needs that meteor-looking weapon, too. I see him as being the perfect enemy for Rokkon and Stonedar!
    Procrustus. Ehh. He's en route to my house, but I have a feeling this one's going to need to be held in hand in order for me to appreciate his inclusion in the line right now. I've been a bit let-down by the giants thus far... and I'm not sure Procrustus is so much of an improvement that he's going to win "Figure Of The Year" status any time soon. Right now I feel pretty lukewarm towards ol' 'crusty.
    Speaking of lukewarm, we have Illumina. I've just never been into her design. She's all white with a blue Gar face. That just does not appeal to me in the slightest. I'm glad Geldor won the vote. He's a character I'm excited about. Illumina? The Four Horsemen would really have to do something amazing to make me interested in her. And we all know how Mattel handles our ladies in white. I really REALLY don't want a drab grey Illumina figure sitting on my shelf any time soon, because Mattel can't figure out how to do white clothing on a female figure.