View Poll Results: What head do you display Mer-Man with?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vintage

20 23.81%
  • Mini-comic / 200X

57 67.86%
  • Other?

7 8.33%

Thread: How Do You Display Your Mer-Man?

How Do You Display Your Mer-Man?

I'm pretty excited: I picked up Mer-Man on sale at Matty Collector today.

Always one of my favorite MotU characters, and now I get to look forward to him showing up in the mail. But now I'm curious... how do most of you choose to display him? With the vintage head or mini-comic/200X one? Maybe some other way???

Heroic Warrior
    I display him with the vintage head for nostalgia. I did have the original-art head on him- being it's much cooler, but changed it when the TRU blue Merm came out.

He's one of the best figures in the line.

I display him with the mini-comic/cross-sell/200X head, but he also carries his trident.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I have him with his vintage toy head but I also have two toys r us Mermen with the mini-comic heads on as Aquaticans. I'm one of the few who prefer his 80s toy head and find it more evil looking.

I have the toy r us version and he stands proudly next to skellertor on his throne that he stole from memphisto.

Heroic Warrior
    I also have the Toys R Us version and not the main Classics version. But have been thinking of getting the main Classics.

I rotate him each month between vintage and 200X looks just like I rotate all of my figures each month when I get new ones.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I display both of my Mer-Men (regular and TRU exclusive) with the mini-comic head. The regular version has his trident (only because he can't hold his sword in the other hand and there is no way to store his trident).
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Snappy Threader
    I display all 3 versions. Vintage head, new head, DC.

Usually with the cardback head. I use the Vintage as his "dried-up" landlubber look, as though he's been away from the sea for too long.

I use the TRU version as his loyal toady and occasional double.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

This is a weird one. By and large, I display characters with the 200X heads if possible. And in Mer-man's case, I really prefer his 200X head over the original.

However, Merman's original look has a very special place in my heart. My family didn't have a lot of money growing up, so I got most of my toys from garage sales. Merman was the first MOTU figure I ever got, with no accessories, but he always meant a lot to me for that reason. Seeing that original vintage face reminds me of getting that toy when I was little. Eventually I'll swap the heads, but not just yet.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

I display him with the cardback/200x style head. I gave him the gold armor, sword & trident from the weapons pack (with painted details to highlight them) and make him stand out more. I do want to get 2 more and use the vintage head on them so Mer-Man can have some guards of his own.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I've only got the blue version, so the Mini Comic head is what I've got. If I had the green I'd use the vintage figure head for variety, but I prefer the mini comic version overall.

I only have the blue DC version, not that it would've mattered.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Mine has the card back head, only because it looks more Filmation than the Vintage head....but I want a true Filmation accurate head for him....he of all characters should get one, he looks the a lot different from the Vintage, and the card back head.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I use the MYP Merman head on my ocean overlord-- it looks more appropriate. The original head always screamed "mammal with cute ears" more than "fish dude" to me. I like that original mold for Stinkor instead.
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

As much as I like the vintage style head, Classics is ultimately about that original cross sell art so I've displayed him with that head since I got him a few years ago. I also love the sculpt. As a kid, I always had that head in my mind when I was looking at the vintage one.

I also give him only his sword.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    With trident in-hand and VINTAGE head representin' front and center of my display! (Still my favorite MOTUC figure! )
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

With the vintage head ~ though from the sounds of it, i'll soon have a spare Mer-Man...!
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    Mini-comic, though I'm super glad that both are available!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

I love the original Merman, however that other head is really tops and helps differentiate between Merman & Stinkor.

Since Stinkor always looked so perfect with that "cat head" I display my Stinkor with the traditional head and get Merman with his 200x head. I want that original head in my collection, via Stinkor, and so now I can without feeling bad.

Side note, though that Stinkor 200x head is really tops, it is just too close to the original so I keep the original so it is represented. I wish the TRU 2 Pack had the Original vintage Merman head so I could have both versions, but the first MOTUC version just has to be the one with the 200x Head. Sigh... Perhaps someday I'll paint that Merman vintage head TRU 2 Pack Colours.

As a kid, I always wondered why Mer-Man's figure had a cat head. I always saw that head as a disappointment, lol. Really happy to have the 200x styled head, so he can look like an actual aquatic being.
    I use the weapons pack sword and trident, but I kept the lighter yellow armor. I tried the darker armor but I didn't like how it didn't match other parts of his outfit. I'm too obsessive for that!
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

DRAGSTOR IS COMING SOON!

Both - I need both on my shelf.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    got one in the acala style with the original core characters with my castle grayskull.

have an original standing with the masters.

got the variants with the waves of they came with back in the 80s release. standing with those other figures of those waves.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    Vintage. I had the cross-sell head on for a long time, because it looks more aquatic, but ultimately he just looks too bewildered and harmless for my tastes. If he had a bottom row of teeth and less rounded eyes I'd probably keep it; even the Mini Masters prototype looks pretty decent, but as-is, I just prefer my evil warriors to look a little more vicious than what that head offers.