Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving! - Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 104 Discussion!

Happy Thanksgiving! - Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 104 Discussion!

Happy Thanksgiving from everyone here at He-Man.org! We're serving you up one heck of a meal to celebrate.

Episode 104 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, "Pixel Dan" Eardley and Eamon O'Donoghue are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

In this episode we are joined by Eric Treadaway as we discuss
    Phil Collins & Prince,
    Fan questions for figures,
    Fighting Foe Men 3-Pack - 2nd Quarter 2013,
    2013 Fan-Choice winner Geldor,
    2013 travelling exclusive Strobo,
    Snake Face - April 2013,
    200x 2-ups and stactions,
    Karatii - May 2013,
    Octavia - June 2013,
    Clamp Champ - July 2013,
    Toy Fair teasers
    and much more!

Intro/Outro info:
    none

Another fan contribution are episode wallpapers and backgrounds, created by Matt Tyree also know as Tyree on the forums. Matt is commercial illustrator who you can find out more about at www.tyreeonline.com

Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!

And if you have a comment or a question, please call us at (310) 933-5993 or at our Skype account "roastgooble" and leave a voicemail (in Skype, please go to Call Phones and enter roastgooble as the phone number and dial in. Please do not add roastgooble to your contact list as we won't accept the request. Sorry!) We'll try to work your voicemail into the show, so please call! Otherwise, you can e-mail us at gooble (at) he-man (dot) org. One or more of the hosts will read your e-mail on the show. Please keep e-mails short and sweet!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Runtime: 1 hour, 51 minutes, 49 seconds

Direct link for Episode 104

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed

OOT!!! Thanksgiving Gooble!!! PERFECT!!!

YAY!!! Thanks Gooble Crew! An Happy Thanksgiving to you one and all!
    Last edited by Replikor; November 22, 2012 at 05:55pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I`m not a fan of the Fighting Foe Men, I hoped this faction would turn out as a bunch of warriors, living in the Vikor time, with the option for more warriors than just three characters.

I really like Geldor, it was one of the first mini comics I read as a kid and I like the combination of the design and color sheme. He breathes MOTU and look more vintage than the FFM and I really like that. He`ll be a personal highlight in 2013 for me. I like Strobo as well, though I got no nostaglic feeling for him, I think I know of him back in the 200x days, but he looks like a true vintage figure plus the Zodak head, which is awesome by itself.

Snake Face & Karatti look amazing, I really like the Space Mutants more the than the NA heroics. Octavia does nothing for me, though she`s well done, no doubt. I´m not into the Filmation Horde members. Clamp Champ looks cool, I think, I´ll keep him.

Thanks!
    Great questions. I always love listening to Eric go into some of the background details of the figure design and production.

Man... those 2-ups.... Please?

Now it's official, best Thanksgiving ever. Thank you Val.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Yeah! Eamon is right, we need more Minicomic characters! Especially a Mask of Power Demons two pack is a must !!!
    But he is wrong on Octavia! She is AWESOME and a nice figure Ted Mayer can sign for you ;-)( Sir lose a lot is still lame)
    Last edited by JimPansen; November 23, 2012 at 07:50am.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Yeah! Eamon is right, we need more Minicomic characters! Especially a Mask of Power Demons two pack is a must !!!
    Totally !!! We need to chant a bit more for them: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...ght=mask+power
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    But he is wrong on Octavia! She is AWESOME and a nice figure Ted Mayer can sign for you ;-)( Sir lose a lot is still lame)
    We NEED Lodar!!!! Garn would be nice too. Maybe a two-pack?

And yeah, Octavia is freakin' awesome.

I don't understand how anyone into MOTU isn't able to see her cool-factor. I mean, come on!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

btw: Tung Lashor don't need a new legs, his foot are unique but rest of the legs are basicly human legs which we already have.

Bring him on!
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    btw: Tung Lashor don't need a new legs, his foot are unique but rest of the legs are basicly human legs which we already have.

Bring him on!
    Oh i know. I can not wait for him to be revelaed. One of my all time favs.

Heroic Warrior
    Eric says there may be up to 12-15 reveals in February. Wow.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Hows that even possible? Even if they have 12-15 figures ready, they wouldn't reveal that many at once.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    There is a "new program" to be announced at Toy Fair per Scott.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Hows that even possible? Even if they have 12-15 figures ready, they wouldn't reveal that many at once.
    I do think it's a lot of figures to show but with the program their revealing it is probably necessary. Also, I bet there are several figures that are near complete but have been bumped for whatever reason, like the 200X Randor that was moved. I'm overly excited now because I really enjoy seeing the line grow and IMO the faster we get figures the better!!

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    I do think it's a lot of figures to show but with the program their revealing it is probably necessary. Also, I bet there are several figures that are near complete but have been bumped for whatever reason, like the 200X Randor that was moved. I'm overly excited now because I really enjoy seeing the line grow and IMO the faster we get figures the better!!
    I know it's more money, but I'd rather get the figures faster, too. There is soo many to get to. Like many, I'm also praying that TG brings us the Battle Ram, as well as Night Stalker and Stridor.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    You mean the speculated Filmation sub? Possible, still wouldn't count on that many figures on display.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Even if they have 12-15 figures ready, they wouldn't reveal that many at once.
    Correct, they wouldn't reveal so many at once. Some will be saved to reveal later as SDCC exclusives, some will be SDCC reveals, etc.

Still, that's a whole lot of potential awesome!

Heroic Warrior
    As long as I get Mantenna, Tung Lashor & Horde Trooper next year, they can reveal what they want

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Happy Spanksgiving!

Love the RGD!
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

I don't think it's going to be a Filmation Subscription.

I'd bank on 2 or 3 packs that will either definitely be sold, or they will do something horribly scary like a "Vote For the Next 2 in a 2-pack" kind of thing...

But I think it's going to be multi-packs and they will grab SKUs that may have been allotted for Ghostbusters and Voltron. I gather from comments made by Scott and things that I have heard elsewhere that the "Mattycollector" entity gets a certain budget and SKUs and the Brand Manager and team seem to allot a certain amount for each brand.

So let's say there were a bunch of SKUs... why not put them all into MOTUC? It's the best seller they have.

I do hope that it's a fair distribution amongst vintage MOTU, POP, NA, Filmation/Jetlag, mini-comic, and 200X though.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

I'd bank on 2 or 3 packs that will either definitely be sold, or they will do something horribly scary like a "Vote For the Next 2 in a 2-pack" kind of thing...

But I think it's going to be multi-packs and they will grab SKUs that may have been allotted for Ghostbusters and Voltron. I gather from comments made by Scott and things that I have heard elsewhere that the "Mattycollector" entity gets a certain budget and SKUs and the Brand Manager and team seem to allot a certain amount for each brand.

So let's say there were a bunch of SKUs... why not put them all into MOTUC? It's the best seller they have.

I do hope that it's a fair distribution amongst vintage MOTU, POP, NA, Filmation/Jetlag, mini-comic, and 200X though.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

Interesting. Mattycollector's other lines are all wiped out except for MOTUC, DCUC and Watchmen. Watchmen might be a one-shot deal and DCUC can't get extra things greenlighted. Voltron, JLU, Ghostbusters and maybe Back to the Future are gone next year.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Octavia is nothing?

No but seriously, I agree that it would be nice to see some more embellishments on these gals.

Val have you and the Gooble team already recorded a podcast with Scott after Grayskull hit it's pre-order goal met?
    I would love to hear the speculatin of whats going into it and Scotts Comments.

The discussion of con reveals with the makers of 'em make for my favorite Gooble episodes. One note about Karatii using the Trap-Jaw legs... it's going to look pretty cool having Trap-Jaw lead a battalion of like-armored characters like Optikk and Karatii into battle.