Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snake Mountain Man, Fright Zone Man, & Crystal Castle Man Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Akai View Post
    Humanoid manifestations of strongholds are too weird. They really ought to go like this:

Snake Mountain - Serpos

Fright Zone - Something unpleasant underneath Hordak's trapdoor

Crystal Castle - Light Hope
    This....

Why would you people want to water down CGM by making a Snake Mountain Man or Fright Zone Man??.....Not a smart idea....

I don't want a Light Hope action figure.

He should be a diorama or accessory piece of some sort. Mattel needs to think out-of-the-box on that one.

I Agree. Castle Grayskulman is an original idea. The others would be just a copy. I personally don't like them

Heroic Warrior
    As long as Snake Mountain Man & Fright Zone Man look good, I would buy them...

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I like Grayskull man but I think he would lose some of his charm if every playset starts to get a figure representation. I'd prefer Grayskull man remain unique.
    However, if they do start this I think a Slimepit man would look the best, with that monster skull as a head and those red top parts as shoulder pads. His hands could be claws like the one at the bottom of the pit.
    I agree. It's a neat idea but is just too derivative.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

would love a snakemountain man

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
    I Agree. Castle Grayskulman is an original idea. The others would be just a copy. I personally don't like them
    though i ended up loving the figure and i am not commenting on the winner i felt the entire idea of the figure was just an uninspired design though clever idea. since nothing new was designed it wasnt really a new design and there is nothing to detract from extrapolating the snakemountain man.

there isnt anything original to detract from, and actually the idea begs or even demands the implied other(s)

edit
    one consession id make is that any playset man would not need dignified with a bio. keep the in cannon story and existance of any possible figure just a toy.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    would love a snakemountain man

- - - Updated - - -

though i ended up loving the figure and i am not commenting on the winner i felt the entire idea of the figure was just an uninspired design though clever idea. since nothing new was designed it wasnt really a new design and there is nothing to detract from extrapolating the snakemountain man.

there isnt anything original to detract from, and actually the idea begs or even demands the implied other(s)

edit
    one consession id make is that any playset man would not need dignified with a bio. keep the in cannon story and existance of any possible figure just a toy.
    Grayskullman was not THAT original....seeing as Boskoes made one several years before the contest. http://ragingnerdgasm.blogspot.com/2...012-panel.html
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    i would have to find them, but i am pretty sure bearshow did some amazing versions of frightzone man, and snake mountain man....... they are on here somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CocoaSmooth View Post
    With Castle Grayskullman being a run away hit, how about a Snake Mountainman!
    You know what else we need? Battle Ram Man and Wind Raider Man

By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    You know what else we need? Battle Ram Man and Wind Raider Man
    Dang! Looks like He-Man is in the Smart car version of the Wind Raider in that second pic, Double L.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; January 25, 2013 at 11:46am.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Dang! Looks like He-Man is in Samrt car version of the Wind Raider in that second pic, Double L.
    Given the limited supply of Tyrantisaurus and Bionatops-derived petroleum, Eternians are compelled to conserve fuel!
    By the ancients!!!

i would love a Serpos/Snake Mountain Beast/Figure. I would buy a CGM so they can go at it like He-man and Skeletor

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Given the limited supply of Tyrantisaurus and Bionatops-derived petroleum, Eternians are compelled to conserve fuel!
    Well, if the dinosaurs on Eternia weren't so tasty, the Heroic Warriors could afford to drive around in gas-guzzling horsepower monsters like the Evil Warriors do!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Well, if the dinosaurs on Eternia weren't so tasty, the Heroic Warriors could afford to drive around in gas-guzzling horsepower monsters like the Evil Warriors do!
    There is some indication that Preternia Disguise He-Man was actually Fred Flintsone. Note that you never see the two in the same room at the same time:

By the ancients!!!

Akai, I like your idea or they could do some thing simulair by introducing a character based off the castle their trying to give us!

Love Snake Mountain Man, just fell in love with Fright Zone Man.

I don't really follow the logic that it would somehow "take away" from Castle Grayskullman or his creator. I think they compliment this character, if anything, he would be like their "uncle".

I would also love some MORE Horde Troopers, like the gods of Eternia intended. (build an army, remember?)

I good Brand Manager would be getting us excited for the future, not scaring use with a "winding down" of the line.
    HAVES: MOSS MAN, ADORA, Mantenna, King Randor
    WANTS: Webstor
    Toyguru Collector Supreme posted December 12, 2013 "Can't understand what you are asking. Sorry."
    Toyguru Marketing Manager Mattel posted March 16, 2014 "Every great project from toys to movie and a TV usually need a fan base to support it and an "internal champion" that keeps it going through the system."