Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star sisters custom commision WIP

Star sisters custom commision WIP

Here is my work in progress of this commision i got, let me know what you think of the work so far.

Jewelstar:

Starla:

Those are awesome.

I'm assuming you do your own casts for the bodies.

Are those designs based on the old She-Ra toy template?

Nice. When is Mattel gon' do it?
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Widget
    They look great, can't wait to see the finished result

I think this looks amazing Octavio!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by headache79 View Post
    Those are awesome.

I'm assuming you do your own casts for the bodies.
    Thanks... thats correct

Quote Originally Posted by Joker95 View Post
    Are those designs based on the old She-Ra toy template?
    Yes, they are based on those designs, but with some changes; had to change some stuff, for example: Jewelstar wont have movement in the knees, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Nice. When is Mattel gon' do it?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fearfighter View Post
    They look great, can't wait to see the finished result
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I think this looks amazing Octavio!
    Thanks!

sweet could u make a goddess like that so it would be in the motu line that would be so sweet

Hi Octavio,
    i think those will be a great custom, really love the concept, and can't wait to see them completed
    Great great ...
    Fighting the Bootleg campaign - Enjoy the Battle Klones Forces

Add BATTLE KLONES on facebook

http://www.pietrocarretta.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/3694852...7627928909160/

WOWzers, NICE!

Realy digging that Starla. The balance between clear and painted is perfect, the sparkles inside the clear is perfect!
    Nope.... nothing here! Just a link to my site http://motumulder.webklik.nl/page/fotoalbum with customs!

Snappy Threader
    Amazing looking so far.

WOOOW! MAN! That's awesome!!!!

I really need to get some translucent parts from you.
    That would be great improvement for my starla (and other Star Sisters which I am planing to do):
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...rla-POP-custom

Looking good.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Gorgeous work, Octavio! If I could offer a couple suggestions, I think Jewelstar's hips/thighs should be a bit more slender, like Starla's. Also, if you can get a darker orange colour for Starla's legs, it would match the prototype better. I love them both, though. Fantastic job. Better than Mattel's attempt at the MOTUC versions.

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Really, really cool! Can't wait to see the final product!

Quote Originally Posted by thegrifter.316 View Post
    sweet could u make a goddess like that so it would be in the motu line that would be so sweet
    Great idea, i may try it.

Quote Originally Posted by BATTLE KLONES View Post
    Hi Octavio,
    i think those will be a great custom, really love the concept, and can't wait to see them completed
    Great great ...
    Thanks, im glad you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by motumulder View Post
    WOWzers, NICE!

Realy digging that Starla. The balance between clear and painted is perfect, the sparkles inside the clear is perfect!
    Thank you, im so glad you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    Those look awesome
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantisaur82 View Post
    WOOOW! MAN! That's awesome!!!!

I really need to get some translucent parts from you.
    That would be great improvement for my starla (and other Star Sisters which I am planing to do):
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...rla-POP-custom
    Sure man, let me know what you want, and i will gladly make it for you; we can also work together if you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    Looking good.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Gorgeous work, Octavio! If I could offer a couple suggestions, I think Jewelstar's hips/thighs should be a bit more slender, like Starla's. Also, if you can get a darker orange colour for Starla's legs, it would match the prototype better. I love them both, though. Fantastic job. Better than Mattel's attempt at the MOTUC versions.

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...gures_full.jpg
    Thanks for the siggestions; i will make those changes, or i can also make two diferent versions, i like how it looks with that "pale" orange too.

Quote Originally Posted by Salamandra View Post
    Really, really cool! Can't wait to see the final product!
    Thanks; i feel the same, i so want to finish this, but im also working in other proyects.

After so long m back with an update...

That Starla pic that you saw, was just the first cast with the new sculpted parts, didnt have any articulation or cuts on legs and arms... So after that i had to make another mold so arms and legs can move.

Also i made a mold of the head, coz i realize i will need heads after having the body ready, but i really hate rooting hair, so the heads will have glued hair, not rooted... I actually find it better looking, and my figures are artistic hand made items, to look like factory toys, not to play with them as a factory toys.

The heads are swivel and i feel so please with the result.

On the other hand, Jewel Star not turned as expected, the mold was not made properly and im making a new sculpt.

My customer must hate me right now due the time all this is taking me, but im sure he wont find some one casting in transparent colors, and all the job involve; actually all this is a HUGE job no matter the size of the figures, it is very different to make a custom than making a hand made figure... Others may do what ever, just to complete the commission, but i like my work to be the best possible.

Well here the pics:

Finally almost ready... just need to paint her, the skirt is also done.

Ill be selling this Jewel Star very cheap due is a fail to me.

I also casted in different colors, heres a blue/green one, also available for sale.

And a comparison of my OOAK original figure line ( i actually like a lot more my figures than mattels PoP line) hope you give me the chance to get them and see them in person, photos dont make them any justice... And due the cast is meant to look more fleshy, in pics they look more shiny loosing impact; but trust me they look really great in person... I may do some painted ones like motuc figures... The sculpt will be more obvious in photos, and you may find them more attractive, but i actually love how the fleshy look, looks in person, i wont paint mine by any reasons.

Here is just a WIP of my personal line also, you will note the difference once is finished. He-man only have the head ready, every thing else is a WIP.

Leave your comments.
    Last edited by octavio; January 3, 2014 at 10:04pm.

Awesome job!! Jewelstar is my favorite! You should try to make Tallstar as well to complete the sisters. I really love your original line(She-ra is beautiful) as well, man if these were at retail I'd buy all of them.

WOW man!!!! These are AWESOME!!!
    I must get some parts from you for my customs. Since I preferre to make the closest to the original Mattel's figures, I will use the original rooted hair heads for Starla and Tallstar... with a difference only with Jewelstar, which doesn't have classic rooted hair in the original prototypes. Her face is painted on the translucent plastic with a small piece of hair placed in the hole on the back of her head (see the picture of the earlier prototype). But in both cases her head artculation (probably the shoulders as well) is the same as Rokkon and Stonedar vintage figures.

earlier prototype

later prototype

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are really cool! I also really love the green one.
    So glad you posted an update!

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Awesome job!! Jewelstar is my favorite! You should try to make Tallstar as well to complete the sisters. I really love your original line(She-ra is beautiful) as well, man if these were at retail I'd buy all of them.
    Thank you, im so glad you like my work.

Im doing Tallstar as well, but i can not find the straws for the legs, the head is almost ready, the only one i rooted so far.

I just sold She-ra, but i will have another one ready in a couple more days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantisaur82 View Post
    WOW man!!!! These are AWESOME!!!
    I must get some parts from you for my customs. Since I preferre to make the closest to the original Mattel's figures, I will use the original rooted hair heads for Starla and Tallstar... with a difference only with Jewelstar, which doesn't have classic rooted hair in the original prototypes. Her face is painted on the translucent plastic with a small piece of hair placed in the hole on the back of her head (see the picture of the earlier prototype). But in both cases her head artculation (probably the shoulders as well) is the same as Rokkon and Stonedar vintage figures.

earlier prototype
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...otype_full.jpg

later prototype
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...gures_full.jpg
    I made the bodies so you can use original heads as well as my custom ones, also you have to have in mind that this figures are meant to look like toys but are not meant to play with them, you can pose them to look like actual factory figures, if you try to play with them, they will disassemble.

Thanks!

Ill try to make Jewelstar closest to the prototype, but with slimmer waist.

I have available the green body if you want it to create a new character, i know you can do that, let me know if you are interest to getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicat View Post
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are really cool! I also really love the green one.
    So glad you posted an update!
    Thank you!

That one is available for sale, send a pm if you are interest on getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by octavio View Post

Im doing Tallstar as well, but i can not find the straws for the legs, the head is almost ready, the only one i rooted so far.
    The straws I've seen used in other customs of Tallstar are called Tervis straws. If you do a search on Amazon you can usually find them in colors that are *pretty* close, like some of these:
    http://www.amazon.com/Tervis-Tumbler...=tervis+straws
    They are wider and stronger than regular straws, since they are made to be reusable.

Can't wait to see more photos as you get further along!

Quote Originally Posted by octavio View Post
    Can you post a picture of the Tallstar head? Pretty please.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."