Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad News About Castle Grayskull

Elder Councilman

Bad News About Castle Grayskull

I'm surprised no one posted this yet( or if they did, I didn't see it):

Someone on the Matty forum asked:

"What do you think about Matty opening up a 'pre-order' for the Castle Grayskull playset in 2012? Take orders with no cancellations, and see if its enough to go into production(though when your order,orders placed are not guaranteed till you announce its definite).Have a "sell-O-meter" and track the sales for us fans...(Matty is doing it for the DC sub,why not do it for Castle Grayskull??)

If you cannot do that,do an official poll???,but I think the pre-order idea would work better.I am IN for two CG playsets, as there are others who may buy multiples.I believe the demand is truely there,but please don't allow "Subscriptions" sales to dictate NOT getting Castle Grayskull.
    Thanks"

ToyGuru responded:

"This is exactly how we were looking into this possibly for 2013, but now that the 2012 sub sales have come in the lowest yet we have had to scrap the idea. It is very hard to ask for additional resources (even just to concept the idea out for "presale")when the baseline is lower."

Ouch.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

I saw this awhile ago. Could be bad but perhaps later, things will improve on this front.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    The subs are lower maybe because of the economy????

Also, maybe the "reveals" weren't that great at SDCC to some people.

Yeah, I know Shadow Weaver and Sorceress are awesome, but Flipshot, the Star Sisters, Snout Spout maybe don't have enough interest with collectors.

IDK....just my thoughts.

i still say sub are down thanks to DR

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    The subs are down because the pool of "collect 'em all" fans is shrinking.

As the Vintage offerings lessen, and more PoP, NA and Filmation come out, sales are going to drop. That's just the way it is.

This is NOT a shock.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    ^^this

I can get the figures added to my bbts pile of loot and they cost about the same as from matty with shipping, and I never have to deal with DR.

J

Quote Originally Posted by DCComicsguy View Post
    The subs are lower maybe because of the economy????

Also, maybe the "reveals" weren't that great at SDCC to some people.

Yeah, I know Shadow Weaver and Sorceress are awesome, but Flipshot, the Star Sisters, Snout Spout maybe don't have enough interest with collectors.

IDK....just my thoughts.
    Flipshot and Snout Spout are in the 2011 sub, not the 2012. And I doubt the reveals "weren't that great" for more people than were the reveals in 2010. I think they were the best we've ever had, but even allowing for some people to not agree with me, I do not believe that Vikor, Bow, King Hsss and Preternia Disguised He-Man were stronger reveals to a significant number of fans than the Sorceress, Fisto, Kobra Kahn, and Shadow Weaver. Sorry, not believing it. And the Star Sisters cannot have caused that huge a dent. I think the truth is that 2011 sales were inflated because people bought them in 2010 when every figure was selling out in hours if not minutes. I suspect that Matty knew this might happen or they would not have made a major fan demanded figure like Shadow Weaver into the 2012 sub exclusive.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post

As the Vintage offerings lessen, and more PoP, NA and Filmation come out, sales are going to drop. That's just the way it is.

This is NOT a shock.
    Agreed, 4H would really have to WOW the vintage collectors out of their pants to get them buy characters outside of the vintage line.

I personally think Toyguru is pushing it with all these revelations all of a sudden. He was never this “open” before. I'm starting to get irritated by it, to be honest.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    Mattel is JUST as responsible as DR. Mattel HIRED and WORKS with them. Stop laying the blame soley on DR.

And yes, Mattel AND DR are BOTH responsible for some drop in sub purchases due to their backasswards customer service.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

Heroic Warrior
    I really don't understand what prevents Mattel from releasing a Castle Grayskull...

Come on ! They KNOW fans want this, and they KNOW it would sell.

I mean, how can your collection be complete without at least the Castle Grayskull playset ?

I find it extremely lame that they need to "punish" the fans about less subs sold. Because let's face it, that's all it is, really.

We're in 2011, and I wonder if the Mattel execs are really aware of the terrible state the economy is in ?

Plus, all that happened during the end of 2010 and the beginning of 2011 (QC issues again, DR screwups, no more 200x heads, packaging problems, incompetent customer service, newgistics etc.) didn't really help to tip the balance in favor of the subs, I think.

It's really sad and outrageous that Mattel still has to put the blame on us fans !

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I personally think Toyguru is pushing it with all these revelations all of a sudden. He was never this “open” before. I'm starting to get irritated by it, to be honest.
    So I'm revealing too much? Got it. Back to evasive answers and wishy washy remarks. Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post

This is NOT a shock.
    Paging Dr. Spin!

So now Filmation isn't vintage enough? I think more fans consider that vintage than not. Three of the most fan demanded vintage MOTU characters are coming 2012. If fans thought they would miss out on those, as they thought they might back in 2010, they'd buy the sub and sell their unwanted Star Sisters to Tallstar (who'd probably sell a kidney to afford them too--do I lie, Tally? ).

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    So I'm revealing too much? Got it. Back to evasive answers and wishy washy remarks. Sweet.
    Taking your bat and ball and going home?

I think you are, personally. It’s like your dangling a carrot in front of a starving donkey, then eating it yourself. Of course, I’m not saying MOTU fans are donkeys.

I appreciate explanations and insight, even if it is bad news.
    Last edited by Maestro; December 17, 2011 at 05:53pm. Reason: spelling

HD figures on youtube
    That's too bad. But for anyone who really wants a Grayskull, I really believe the vintage Grayskull works REALLY well with MOTUC. And when you add the Grayskull stands, it works even better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just to be clear, I don’t want to start a fight or anything and be labelled a villain. Maybe I’m just being cynical, but it’s just that he’s never been this open about proposed plans before, particularly about the big CG itself. Only now, when subs are lower than they’ve ever been.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I completely agree with you!

Quote Originally Posted by BCreviews4628 View Post
    That's too bad. But for anyone who really wants a Grayskull, I really believe the vintage Grayskull works REALLY well with MOTUC. And when you add the Grayskull stands, it works even better.
    With all respect, no, that is undersized. A MOTUC Grayskull would be sweet and would sell better than the Star Sisters and Photog (not that there is anything wrong with either of those).

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    Hopefully you won't take one remark from one person too personally. I appreciate explanations and insight, even if it is bad news.
    I second what Maestro says! I also appreciate the explanations and insights.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

HD figures on youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    With all respect, no, that is undersized. A MOTUC Grayskull would be sweet and would sell better than the Star Sisters and Photog (not that there is anything wrong with either of those).
    Oh I agree, I would take a Grayskull over them any day, and hope someday we can get one. But I really see nothing wrong with the size, but it's just me.

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe you, toyguru, should have been this open from the begining, I really think you are traying me make us fell guilty. You should have told us your Castle Grayskull plans from the start instead of doing it now that is already "too late"

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    I second what Maestro says! I also appreciate the explanations and insights.
    I do too, but it is also wrong to dangle that CG carrot out there then take it away. Not to mention the fact that we, as subscribers, still get loose ankles and joints, poor paint apps, and the worst customer service from Mattycollector that most of us have ever experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    (who'd probably sell a kidney to afford them too--do I lie, Tally? ).
    Maybe.