Thread: MOTUC and this movie

MOTUC and this movie

I hope they don't use any of the MOTUC elements that I find distasteful. I couldn't watch a movie that has a Hordak named Hector and a Skeletor that was a product of Keldor/Demo-Man

Thank you for reading.
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA. Moved from El Paso, TX
    Movie will borrow from a lot of the canons out there, I think.
    Hopefully they use nothing from the file cards. I really dislike an alarmingly large number of those "real" names.
    And when Mattel makes toys for this thing, hopefully they won't be like the crap 3.75" scale ones put out for The Dark Knight Rises.

EDIT: ahh, you can tell I'm mostly a GI Joe guy using a term like "file cards." I meant the MOTUC bios on the back of the packaging
    Last edited by Wylde Weezle; November 30, 2012 at 01:15pm.

Widget
    I concur.

Most of the bios from MOTUC are terrible. I think a lot of the canon they have formulated over the past ten years is pretty bad......but thats just me.

I guess it will depend on Mattels input on the film

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    I can just see acid in the face Skeletor singing Andrew Loyd Webber.

.."The world showed no compation, to me!"..

Yeah, I'm not fond of the cardbacks for the most part either. The real names by and large are awful and the story relies far too much on time-travel and other sticky weirdness. If it came across my desk at work it would be covered in metaphorical red ink and sent back for rewrite. I mostly ignore the profile cards unless it's the rare occasion where something fun pops up. I really hope they don't make it into the movie story and are just being used to secure and hold name copyrights for unproduced characters, places and such. For Example: IMO Evelyn Powers would have been fine as a name for astronaut Lyn, but as she was not a fellow astronaut with Marlena outside the series pitch and the inaccurate bible (that still calls Orko "Gorpo")-- it never should have been seen again unless they made astronaut Lyn.
    Last edited by Machinitess; November 30, 2012 at 06:18am. Reason: clarification so I don't sound like a jerk
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

i dont know what i want to see in the new movie and what i want left out. i just know 75% of the ideas tossed around this site for the movie, really, really stink something fierce. a few orgers get it. the rest dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry-Calligar View Post
    i dont know what i want to see in the new movie and what i want left out. i just know 75% of the ideas tossed around this site for the movie, really, really stink something fierce. a few orgers get it. the rest dont.
    You're a braver man than I am for saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry-Calligar View Post
    Absolutely True...

I know it takes time.

I spent alot of time thinking through this stuff before I ever put a pen to paper for Masters.

(anyone that tries to bash out a script in 2 weeks is going to get it wrong)

I hope they go in a totally original direction with a few nods to the various cannons. I haven't read anything I would like to see as a Masters movie that hasn't been made yet...and I don't want to see a live action Filmation or MYP episode either......I want something new and preferably good popcorn fodder. Not looking for an Acadamy Award worthy picture honestly......just something fun, entertaining, and action packed. Turn my brain off and enjoy the ride kinda thing. The bios for me aren't cannon...they're just decoration and a jumpstart to the imagination. I ignore a lot of what they say honestly.

I can't imagine they would use much from the MOTUC bios. The characters are going to need to be simple and not have huge backstories and convoluted origins. I just hope they are smart enough not to isolate the female audience if this movie gets made. I think a lot of studios totally forget that females make or break most movies now.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    I just hope that Spector is in every scene of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    I just hope that Spector is in every scene of the movie.
    He will be. Along with Loo-Kee.

The real question is will they make a Heroic Dancing Figure (Step-Up) and a Heroic Singing Figure (Bee-Ber) to coincide with all the cool singing and dance sequences planned for the new MOTU movie.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    The real question is will they make a Heroic Dancing Figure (Step-Up) and a Heroic Singing Figure (Bee-Ber) to coincide with all the cool singing and dance sequences planned for the new MOTU movie.
    ..and the Rock with a blonde wig as He-Man

(I hear a toilet flushing)