Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Figures The Have Disappointed you

Hybrid View

Top 5 Figures The Have Disappointed you

Just like Whiplash7's but the opposite

5 -Vykron - I think he should have been done as 3 separate figures. The snap on parts I think are a good idea, but new boots and other stuff would've been better

4 -BG Evil Lyn - Looks good but the thought of doing another Evil Lyn that looks more like 200x when this one should have. I just think this one isn't complete.

3 -Grizzlor - Not sure what it is, but maybe it's the lack of detail due to fur, face not looking mean enough. Some thing just looks off.

2 -The Faceless One - Just really looks boring to me, especially having a face. Cape is too bulky to really pose him. I think his cape should have been done in cloth and maybe some thing like Shadow Weaver with no legs and a cloud sculpt around the bottom.

1 -Sy Klone - He has one of my favorites since I was a kid. He's the only one I remember picking out at a toys r us. The 200x is great, this ones sculpt is good and I do like the original design even though the 200x is better. For me it's the colors, they're too bright the yellow on Buzz off or Mer man would have been better. It's not like I was hoping for a 200x version just darker colors. I was excited to get him and I opened him up and just felt blah
    Last edited by blacksun442; November 26, 2012 at 11:22am.

Heroic Warrior
    He-Man- no vintage head
    Vykron- armor/accessories look boring and plain, snap on parts look cheap and like Playmobil... deserved a Vikor-treatment
    Faceless One- wrong head, too bulky, no cloth around the legs, big dissapointment, because I really like this character and accept him in MOTU...
    Chief Carnivus- Disney-like face sculpt, which totally ruined the figure for me, also bad, because i like animal humanoids
    Roboto- breaking torso, reversed shoulders, cheap black wash on legs, no detachable left arm... Mattel totally screwed him...

[QUOTE=Berserker79;3162580]
    Chief Carnivus- Disney-like face sculpt, which totally ruined the figure for me, also bad, because i like animal humanoids
    QUOTE]

same here, I think when we speak about classicize 200x figures mattel doesnt do a good job. I mean, if they have to be classics, why mantein a so accurate facesculpt version of the figures? look for example the difference between humans like vykron or duncan and dekker...so the same for chief carnivus, plus the concept is great but ruined by execution. One day, Carnivus, the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new king
    WISHLIST: Green and Purple Mask of Power demons, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Prince Dakon, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

none is a disappointment to me, however, there were at least a couple of times where i wished things were different with:

Grizzlor: One of my favourite vintage figures, somehow, the fur doesn't seem totally right, there's maybe too much of it? specially on the crotch area
    Cy-Chop: The scissors could have been either 75% smaller or at least i wish there were regular hands to substitute those humungous chops

Hmmm here goes

Goddess: cos Im basically afraid to touch her now.
    Frosta: Grey?!?!!?
    The Giants: lack of articulation
    Cy-Chop: The blades are just tooooo big! (Hyper Anime Detail anyone??)
    The Mighty Spector: 'Nuff said.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

1.King Hsss, reveresed shoulders and a snake form with too few snakes that only looks good after customisation make this my number 1 worst

2.BG evil lyn, touted as the 200x variant but without the longer skirt it was not the one we wanted. it should have used the female buck 2.0 and had a longer jagged skirt, even if it was just frosta's length it would have been better than the granny pants she is in

3.Clawful, too close to the vintage luchador head that was unbelievably goofy

4. Syklone, he just lacked details and it makes him seem almost like a knock off MOTUC

5. THe sorceress, those drum wing arms were poor execution

1. The Sorceress because of the super lame and stupid engineering job on her articulation and the hideous drums on the back. A great sculpt ruined by a horrible, horrible design.
    2. The Sorceress
    3. The Sorceress
    4. The Sorceress
    5. The Sorceress

Awesome sticker included!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Sorceress - the wings

Snout Spout - WHile mine has not broken yet, I just don't feel comfortable selling my MOC one off knowing the trunk will break if I do.

Dragon Blaster Skeletor - The body itself is cool, and it would have been used for my default Skeletor had it not been for the lighter blue skin and black plastic. Plus, the dragon itself looks ridiculous.

Dekker - I really liked the character in the cartoon, but his figure is just boring.

The entire 30th line - While Draego and Grayskull are cool, the line as a whole is an utter disappointment. Photog is missing articulation in the legs, hindering his standing, Spectre and SLL are descent designs but the colors are crap. Lastly, Cy-Chop is just an awful design all around. It looks like they just had random parts lying around the office and put him together to make that.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

1. Star Sisters...wanted to love them...ended up not liking them at all.
    2. Count Marzo...just don't like him.
    3. Cy-Chop...would've been much better if he came with regular hands.
    4. Roboto...love the vintage figure, very much dislike the MOTUC. His torso looks like it's too small or "flat."
    5. Hurricane Hordak...maybe this is one that could never make me happy. Too flashy to be "Hordak."

(I do not own Vykron)

clawful(disappointed face sculpt)

Syklone (just boring)

Snout spout( awful dopy face)

BG evil lyn( nothing really new to necessitate a new figure)

roboto( another miss on the updating the sculpt of the head )

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    01 Vykron - Great idea - but poorly executed - the figure looks clunky - the straps don't fit properly and the flesh coloured paint over the "blastic" is horrendous!

02 Roboto - doesn't look right at all - Small torso, wonky legs, soft accessories.

03 Grizzlor - Needed bigger legs - not the Beastman legs and needed 2nd head.

04 Dragon Blaster Skeletor - not quite there - the dragon could have been done better - and of course the blastic issue.

05 JOINT - King Hsss - Loincloth/legs could have been done better - too stiff - the snakes are puny - Hurricane Hordak - the "figure" is OK - the head, the new glossy cowl - but the flaky soft armor is a poor decision and I don't like the dial on the back.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Only one figure for me...Panthor (no flock)
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    1. Sy-Klone complete clone of the vintage figure needed a new "modern" head not a blue He-Man head with a helmet. was never a favorite and that doesn't help since he didn't get upgraded enough (Man-At Arms is an example where the upgrades made the figure for me.

2. Stratos umm he was boring as a vintage figure and nothing has changed that for me, plus no accessories don't help.

3. King Hssss was super excited for this figure when the placard at SDCC was shown, but the Snake form just wasn't imposing enough, love the "human" form, but the snake form really hurt him for me.

4. Buzz-Off decent figure but that head does it for me he just looks so goofy and even more so with helmet. Needed a "modern" head.

5. Clawful my absolute favorite character in MOTU (funny how alot of that has to do with the Filmation version and now I can't stand that series), and the body, armor, feet are all awesome it's the muppet head that really hurts him for me those eyebrows!!!! He really needed a "modern" head, we went through that lull with a few figures after some amazing updates then got Fisto and Stinkor who got excellent "modern" updates. Thanks to Kevin Kosse (Tin on the Org) his Clawful head is amazing and really makes this figure close to perfect!

Honorable mention. Star Sisters I wasn't expecting much and I wasn't disappointed there isn't much here.

To be disappointed in something you must first possess an expectation of that item....regardless if you bought it or not.

I'll name them whether I own them or not....for figure flaws & poor design choices.
    Goddess: Crotch go boom
    Snout Spout: Trunk go bye bye
    She-Ra: For not having skirt slits, posability sucks
    EP Randor: Loss of bicep articulation, which still could have been preserved, no slits in the man skirt like She-Ra means poor posability.
    Sorceress: Bad choice of design for including action feature....something the line was not supposed to have, a simpler and more appealing design would have worked just as well.

That's my top 5....here's a short list of a few more figures that somewhat disappointed because of lame ass design choices....but the figures are still fine....
    Stinkor: Idiotic idea to make him POP by intentionally swapping Newly Sculpted Forearms.....
    Frosta: Factory reversed forearms, gray instead of white plastic....
    Fisto: Stupidly huge sword holder on his back, horrible looking hole in his back because of it.

Blastic issues which disappointed me, otherwise great figures.
    Spikor
    DB Skeletor
    Mekaneck
    Rattlor

I'll add a note here, that all 8 of the last figures above (Sorceress - Rattlor), are among my favorites, just the fact I truly hate the design choices implemented by a company that should know better, or be smarter. Now a list of figures I just don't like....that's another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    1. The Sorceress because of the super lame and stupid engineering job on her articulation and the hideous drums on the back. A great sculpt ruined by a horrible, horrible design.
    2. The Sorceress
    3. The Sorceress
    4. The Sorceress
    5. The Sorceress

She's not that bad....at least from the front and a little to the side it's not that noticeable, stupid design?, yeah, gives her drop in points? Yeah....but she's certainly not the worst figure in the line. At least she isn't known for crotch explosions, snout decay, tiny cracks, flocking or paint just falling or peeling off.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; November 26, 2012 at 12:19pm.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    She's not that bad....at least from the front and a little to the side it's not that noticeable, stupid design?, yeah, gives her drop in points? Yeah....but she's certainly not the worst figure in the line. At least she isn't known for crotch explosions, snout decay, tiny cracks, flocking or paint just falling or peeling off.
    Well, in my opinion she is
    Awesome sticker included!

1. Any figure cast with black plastic!
    2. Ram Man - Two heads and BOTH have their eyes closed. what was Mattel thinking!
    3. Goddess - Four years later and still Mattel has not bothered to reproduce this figure, despite the fact it falls apart!
    4. Queen Marlena & Cringer - Poorly executed. Green suit instead of white. The transformation feature resulted in an awkward design. Her head sculpt and paint apps were most disappointing. Cringer needs to be bigger and a bit older looking.
    5. Cy-Chop - a complete waste of peoples' time and money.

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    2. The Sorceress
    3. The Sorceress
    4. The Sorceress
    5. The Sorceress

Couldn't have said it better myself.

She-Ra - She can't even sit on Swift Wind. You have to buy the Bubble Power She-Ra just to be able to "build" a She-Ra that can do so. Plus her lower legs on my figure are just a mess
    Catra - I don't know if it's just the figure I bought, but I can't get her to stand in an proper upright pose. It looks like she has scoliosis. And what is up with her left hand?
    Frosta - She was one of the hottest females in the Great Rebellion and her figure's face makes her look like a scary banshee. The hair color doesn't bother me. The face does.
    Eternos Palace King Randor - I hate to admit it because I was so looking forward to this figure. I know one of the major complaints about him has been that his biceps don't swivel. I don't see why they couldn't have added a swivel joint where his arm meets the sleeve of his robe. Oh wait, yes I do. That whole "having to create a whole new tooling" BS line we get from Matty constantly. Just to add a lower swivel joint. I know an arm doesn't swivel at that point but that's not to say you can't use your imagination and pretend his whole arm is turning, inside his sleeve as well. It would've added some posability, anyway.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

Heroic Warrior
    Not in order of importance and not considering 30th anniversary:
    1) Leech: poor interpration and bad proportion
    2) Snout Spout: poor interpration of the head
    3) Dragon Blaster Skeletor: poor interpretation of the dragon head (no gimmick = no reason to disfigure head sculpt to make a vintage resembling sculpt)
    4) Kobra Khan: bad interpretation of the head (no gimmick = no reason to disfigure head sculpt to make a vintage resembling sculpt)
    5) Buzz-off: lame.

in no particular order:

1.Beastman- figure itself looks great just would have preferred a bright orange coat like the vintage,so it "pops" more & brings nostalgia
    2.Evil-lyn & rest of female figues- they should have used a smaller scale for them
    3. Spikor-not in love with the head sculpt, I like him looking more like an animal ,eyes ruin it also
    4. Snout Spout-loved figure as a kid,something seems off about him now though..not sure.
    5.Roboto- reversed shoulders,bow-legged. .etc..

Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    in no particular order:

1.Beastman- figure itself looks great just would have preferred a bright orange coat like the vintage,so it "pops" more & brings nostalgia
    I would have liked that too. He looks great though.

1. Prince Adam – Prince Adam was one of my absolute favorite vintage figures and is the only vintage MOTU figure I still have from my childhood. I have 2 Prince Adams and both of them have ankles so loose that they can barely stand. Otherwise the figure is OK but the ankles ruin the figure for me. I currently have Vykron boots on him just so he can actually stand.
    2. Thunder Punch He-Man – This was probably my favorite He-Man variant as a kid. So many things going wrong with this figure. The skin tone didn’t match the original and Battle Armor He-Man. His belt was painted red instead of orange like the vintage toy. His fist was painted rather than cast in flesh tone plastic. His sword is the color of snot rather than gold (the gold plastic of Eternos Palace King Randor would have been perfect). And to top it off his ankles were loose. Not only are loose ankles disappointing on this figure, but his boots could have had multiple uses. It was quite common for the original He-Man, BA He-Man, and Preternia Disguise He-Man to have loose ankles so these boots would have been good for them. And these boots also would have been a good alternative for Prince Adam. Even though the original toy and most media depicted Prince Adam with purple boots, some comic adaptations and art depict him with red boots. So many figures with loose ankles could have been salvaged if just this one figure had tight ankles.
    3. Mekaneck – Another one of my childhood favorites. Blastic. Need I say more? His club also looks cheap with that yellow paint plastered on it. I was one of the few who was upset that he didn’t have the ability to extend his neck. I wasn’t expecting the original action feature. But I would at least have liked to be able to manually extend his neck up and down.
    4. Dragon Blaster Skeletor – This was never one of my favorites but he had the potential to look really cool. Unfortunately, he didn’t live up to that potential. But what really bothered me the most was the blastic and on top of that, the skin tone didn’t match the earlier Skeletors. If his skin tone had matched and his limbs were cast in the appropriate colors, this figure would have been worth his price just to use his parts on the previous Skeletors to make them more like their vintage toy counterparts.
    5. King Grayskull 2.0 – When it was announced that a 2.0 version was coming out, I was really hoping that we’d get 200X accurate loin cloth, bracelets, chest armor, and weapons. I understand that Mattel doesn’t want to do 200X He-Man, but since King Grayskull is a separate character and had no vintage counterpart it would have been nice to get him with his 200X accurate garb. Plus a simple head swap would give us an unofficial 200X He-Man. Aside from the fact that he wasn't 200X accurate, I wasn't happy with the color choices on him. his cape looks like a Santa Claus Christmas tree ornament. And all 4 of my King Grayskulls had fairly loose ankles. Fortunately, it's an easy fix to slap Vikor, Spikor, or Vykron boots onto him.
    Last edited by FAKER II; November 26, 2012 at 08:54pm.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I can honestly say, there is none.

Even those who got bad reviews because of strange design choices, quality issues or color problems.

The figures may not be perfect and that´s sad but once in hand, i´m always amazed how happy they make me.

In no particular order:

She-Ra/Bubble-Power She-Ra

Battle Ground Evil Lyn

Captain Glenn

Space Man Vykron

Star Sisters

Swiftwind

Wun-Dar

Goddess
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

1. Cy-Chop: 'NUFF SAID

2.Goddess: Though I have yet to experience it but the fact that she breaks, loss of a most wanted figure!!!

3.Snout Spout: Trunked!!! Then again any figure who has cracked!!!

4.Panthor: is more like Mr. Bigglesworth without the flocking!

5.Did I mention Cy-Chop yet?
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Sir Laser-Lot
    Battleground Teela
    Space Ace Vykron
    Roboto
    The Goddess