Thread: Superman VS He-Man! Article by James Eatock & John Cimino

Superman VS He-Man! Article by James Eatock & John Cimino

Superman VS He-Man: The definitive write up on the battle to prove who's really the most powerful man in the universe! Written by James Eatock & John Cimino!

Click here to check it out.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

She-Ra could take both of them!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    With all the Magic and semi naked female Oracles and that boring old man head crystalball in the crystal sea and Man At Arms approved sensor gadgets , I am sure HeMan would figure out that engaging Superman in close proximity to a yellow dwarf star shining up his backside is a very very bad idea .

I said this before , have Supes play on Eternia and have him soak up what ever passes for gayskull messed up sunlight radiation that allows for a Darklands and other strange planetary plot holes and he should be easy pickings.
    Last edited by MOLKROM; January 3, 2016 at 05:52pm.

Master of New Adventures!
    Isn't this comment more appropriate to The Tar Swamp?

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    She-Ra could take both of them!

It looks like Skeletor wrote THE END?? of the article!

There is however something really odd in the way the article is written given James Eatock is said to be one of the authors and has presumably proof read and agreed the final contents. One example, is in THE END?? where it states “I don't think anyone really doubted that Superman wasn't "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe"”.

This seems odd for three reasons:
    1. It is written in the singular rather than the plural.
    2. It suggests the authors had already decided that Superman was more powerful before carrying out their analysis and writing the article.
    3. It suggests James (Busta Toons) is disagreeing with a common theme of MOTU canon even though he has and continues to contribute to MOTU.
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

A very thorough and well written article!

I have to disagree with the conclusion though..!
    Leech sucks..!

He-man, man of steel vs Superman the most powerful man in the universe. That match seems to be in Superman's favor. On the other hand...
    How do you like that, hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
    There is however something really odd in the way the article is written given James Eatock is said to be one of the authors and has presumably proof read and agreed the final contents. One example, is in THE END?? where it states “I don't think anyone really doubted that Superman wasn't "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe"”.

This seems odd for three reasons:
    1. It is written in the singular rather than the plural.
    2. It suggests the authors had already decided that Superman was more powerful before carrying out their analysis and writing the article.
    3. It suggests James (Busta Toons) is disagreeing with a common theme of MOTU canon even though he has and continues to contribute to MOTU.
    I'm pretty sure this article was written for fun. I doubt that much deep analysis went into the writing format.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

Heroic Warrior
    If He-man's power comes from down in the Abyss in front of Castle Grayskull, his strength comes from the Center of the Universe, where the Big Bang started and created the entire Universe. It was established in the Filmation cartoon that Eternia is at the center of the universe. He-man in the Filmation canon has the strength and power of the very energy that created all of the universe, whereas Superman only has the power of one yellow sun. He-man has all the power of every sun, star, galaxy, planet, moon in the entire universe.

Superman's weakness is a greater one. He-man could simply knock him out of the influence of a yellow star, and -- fight over.

That is to say, He-Man has a relatively easy way to divest Superman of his power-source, literally taking his powers down once removed from him. There is no analogous weakness in He-Man. Take away his Power Sword? You've not reduced his power, just taken away a weapon. He's still He-Man and he still has all his usual powers (just not access to on-tap "Power of Grayskull" conjuring of more, perhaps).

Most fairly, this is a "who get the first fatal attack" type of fight. Boils down to circumstance and coin-tosses more than the strengths/weaknesses of each opponent best fielded against each other.

That's how I see it, anyhow.

edit: moreover, taken at its word (and as @ teela-n pointed out), well at least among one plausible interpretation, He-Man's power would be considered of a "Cosmic" source, broader in scope and deeper in roots than Superman's, which is more or less accidental/incidental to alien biology under the influence of various sorts of electromagnetic radiation .. or, at any rate, much more "local"/"special". Hence, Superman may be the sharpest tool in his domain of power, but removed from or deprived of it (which isn't that hard, relatively), he's nothing .. or at least no match for He-Man, whose power cannot be so easily divested, as works on (if not also derives from) a wider "universal" field without variation or special-exclusion, etc.
    Last edited by The Timeless One; January 5, 2016 at 01:21am.

Heroic Warrior
    If He-man's power only comes from King Grayskull, Superman will turn He-man into dust.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I thought this poster had some interesting comments:

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I believe the Blog authors need to revisit what they say, as there are alternate explanations to the battles such as the one in DC COMICS PRESENTS #47, and review their conclusions.

For instance, Skeletor doesn’t just use a Power Sword to control Superman, he provides Superman with the 'Power of Grayskull' so that he could fight He-Man on even terms. The power being transferred in the same manner as He-Man's Power Sword provides power to Cringer to become Battle Cat and She-Ra's Power Sword provides power to Spirit to become Swiftwind. The crossover comic even recognises this by stating in one of the captions shown above “..and next thing he knows, Superman has fallen prey to a power beyond any he has ever encountered”. Or to put it another way the Power of Grayskull which Skeletor and He-Man are holding is greater than the power of being a Kryptonian, which Superman holds. This is supported by Skeletor’s Power Sword being able to control and overpower Superman so easily. The fight is not just Superman vs He-Man, but Skeletor w/Power Sword & Superman w/Power of Grayskull vs He-Man w/o Power Sword. It’s consequently not a one-on-one fight and Superman is above his normal power and strength levels so this encounter, should not be considered a "definitive" victory and the result should be “NONE”.
    I do not agree that Superman has been imbued with the Power of Grayskull; he is only being magically-controlled by Skeletor and his Energy Blade. But I do agree that Skeletor + Energy Blade + Superman vs. He-Man - Sword of Power = None.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Similarly, for the battle between the cloned Superman and He-Man in DC UNIVERSE VS. MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #2 there needs to be a consideration that the cloned Superman might actually be more powerful and stronger than normal Superman as the magic clone not only demonstrates Superman-like powers but is magical in construction so should have a greater resistance to magic enhanced warriors, such as He-Man.
    I do not agree that the clone of Superman is a magical construct. I believe he is a flesh-and-blood clone created through magical means. Therefore, the battle is representative of a face-off between the two characters.

Heroic Warrior
    How many mere mortals in the DC universe have tangled with and bested Superman ? Quite a few and thats rather sad and pathetic .
    What insane logic thinks HeMan is going to fail where a Bat Man or Lex Luther succeeded .

Superman cannot even handle a bit of magic . Orko could spank Kal,s butt .

44a4d5b2ecee7061936d512ec4ccc35c.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    She-ra could defeat Superman because her Sword of Protection can absorb all of Superman's power and energy when she lifts up her Sword and says, "All power of Superman, come to She-ra!" (referencing She-ra cartoon episode).

Remember Superman is basically a solar battery and both He-man and She-ra's swords can absorb all power and energy and actually give them the Power. He-man's Power Sword was even actually able to merge with the Sword of the Ancients, make it even more powerful.

If Superman and He-Man were to fight each other, it would be battle of wits rather than brawn. All in all, this part of the article is the best:
    But truth be told, both of these champions are at the top of the food chain when it comes to the Super-Heavyweights of fiction. There are not many obstacles they cannot overcome with just their will and fortitude alone. And most importantly, they inspire all those around them. Superman and He-Man are better off fighting together vanquishing the evil forces that plaque their worlds because they make such an unstoppable force for the righteous and they share the same perspective on preserving the sanctity of innocent life. For that, they will always be the standard of what real heroes should be...

I'd pick He-Man in a fight.