Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 97

Thread: Cyber Monday questions answered!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    730

    Cyber Monday questions answered!

    Hey gang,

    I clarified a little over on Matty.com's forums but to reitterate some hot issues:

    1: Due to an error, for a very limited time the CM discounts were being applied to Castle Grayskull preorders. We have corrected this and any orders placed this morning will be corrected to full price and those customers will be contacted and given option to cancel. No discouts apply to the Castle.

    2: Selection is always best on the first day, prices often the best on the last day. Please keep this in mind. While we didn't have as many sell outs over the weekend, your best bet for the best selection is on day 1 of the sale

    3: We do have a very tiny amount of CastleGraykull Man for sub holders and those who bought on Nov 15th. If you bought him on Black Friday you are only able to get a refund. No replacements.

    4: This is definately last call on all the 30th figures. (Photog through CGM). They will never be offered again.

    5: Pretty much all of our stock will be up today. If a fig is not up it is "most likely" he or she is gone for good. Their could be some exceptions, but since fans have been asking who is "gone for good" this should help. Also, come 2013 we will have VERY few day of older figures. We are looking to start 2013 with low inventory to make way for all the awesomeness coming through next year. If you want any older figures, today's sale will be one of your last chances (if not THE last) chance to get these figs. After that it is new figures and the few "evergreen" figs we still have left. These are also rapidly depleating.

    Things can and do change, all prices, figures and availabilty subject to change (including everything noted above). But I wanted to advise on this in case anyone is on the fence on older figures, especially the 6 (now 5) 30th figures. If you want to add these awesome figs to your collection, head over to Mattycollector.com before 11:59 Pacific today.

    Scott

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior Stratos*Major's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    MS, Gulf Coast
    Posts
    2,030
    Thank you!

    Just to clarify...the sale (BF & CM) ENDS tonight at 11:59pm (PST)?
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior General Hawk 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brandon Florida
    Posts
    987
    That is simply BAD BUSINESS ETHICS!
    Give people a discount (even if it was by accident) and then not honor it! VERY POOR BUSINESS ETHICS. PERIOD.

    How does your company consider that even remotely ethical?
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

    Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

    Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior Replikor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    2,249
    Thanks for the update! Do you have any idea of a time frame for when these ppl should expect calls TG? after cyber monday middle of next month? or today?

    That way they can make themselves available to be speak with C.S. reps.

  5. #5
    Johan Eggink Eterniandreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,539
    Besides from the ethics it is not allowed. The sale has been made and the discount is not disproportioned enough to validate cancel from one side.
    Maybe you should check with legal first, TG.
    Otherwise, i would like to cancel my 2013 subscription. Oh wait, I can't....

  6. #6
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    29,296
    Quote Originally Posted by General Hawk 7 View Post
    That is simply BAD BUSINESS ETHICS!
    Give people a discount (even if it was by accident) and then not honor it! VERY POOR BUSINESS ETHICS. PERIOD.

    How does your company consider that even remotely ethical?
    So because the DR had a mistake on it and they corrected it, it's unethical? It's not fair to get mad at them because you can no longer capitalize on an error. I know it's frustrating not to get those extra savings, but come on folks.

    DR has made plenty of mistakes. But two wrongs don't make a right. The mistakes of the past shouldn't be used to validate one that was caught and corrected. Besides, think of all the fans who preordered as full price. It's not fair to them for new preorders to be discounted.

  7. #7
    Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewhere between Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    8,555
    Thanks for the update about the 15% CG error and letting us know it will be corrected. It wouldn't have been fair to the rest of us that helped make Castle Grayskull a reality.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

    WE can do this together because.....

    EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior WDWFreak53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,839
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    So because the DR had a mistake on it and they corrected it, it's unethical? It's not fair to get mad at them because you can no longer capitalize on an error. I know it's frustrating not to get those extra savings, but come on folks.
    Well...I see what you're saying, but...
    If I go to a store and something is labeled wrong, 99% of the time, you'll get it for the price it was marked. It's the store/company's error...not the consumers.

  9. #9
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    29,296
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Well...I see what you're saying, but...
    If I go to a store and something is labeled wrong, 99% of the time, you'll get it for the price it was marked. It's the store/company's error...not the consumers.
    If the Grayskull was in stock I'd say let it ride and honor the price. It being an online preorder, though, it's a different story. I feel the mistake is obvious and no one should be upset. Otherwise, Mattel would be giving the middle finger to everyone who did the initial preorder in the first place. How do you think that would play out?

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior General Hawk 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brandon Florida
    Posts
    987
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    So because the DR had a mistake on it and they corrected it, it's unethical? It's not fair to get mad at them because you can no longer capitalize on an error. I know it's frustrating not to get those extra savings, but come on folks.
    No offense, but that is ridiculous. You dont sell someone to someone and then after they pay you say, "Oh, sorry, you have to pay more for it if you want to keep it now". Tell me WHERE else does that? Because neither you nor I would shop there, would we.
    If I sold you something you sent me paypal and then I said...oh wait, Im sorry, I was supposed to be $25 more than what I charged you... you would not consider that bad business? Yeah, right.
    A store is supposed to HONOR their pricing. Mistake or not. That is business ethics.

    And I believe the Better Business Bureau will agree.
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

    Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

    Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

  11. #11
    Johan Eggink Eterniandreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,539
    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by General Hawk 7 View Post
    No offense, but that is ridiculous. You dont sell someone to someone and then after they pay you say, "Oh, sorry, you have to pay more for it if you want to keep it now". Tell me WHERE else does that? Because neither you nor I would shop there, would we.
    If I sold you something you sent me paypal and then I said...oh wait, Im sorry, I was supposed to be $25 more than what I charged you... you would not consider that bad business? Yeah, right.
    A store is supposed to HONOR their pricing. Mistake or not. That is business ethics.

    And I believe the Better Business Bureau will agree.
    Exactly!
    Here in the Netherlands it isnt even allowed by law. I can't imagine US does not have the same law.

    I made the 30th sub happen with the other subscribers. People were able to buy all figures during the sale. That would have saved me 30% on price, shipping, etc.

    Do I complain about that? No, and I dont even have my Grayskullman yet. Lets hope tere are QC issues..
    Last edited by Eterniandreams; November 26, 2012 at 02:41pm.

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior jzachery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by General Hawk 7 View Post
    No offense, but that is ridiculous. You dont sell someone to someone and then after they pay you say, "Oh, sorry, you have to pay more for it if you want to keep it now". Tell me WHERE else does that? Because neither you nor I would shop there, would we.
    If I sold you something you sent me paypal and then I said...oh wait, Im sorry, I was supposed to be $25 more than what I charged you... you would not consider that bad business? Yeah, right.
    A store is supposed to HONOR their pricing. Mistake or not. That is business ethics.

    And I believe the Better Business Bureau will agree.
    It's a pre order system. This logic doesn't apply. This is exactly the fall out I predicted in the other thread. No one on the Org can claim ignorance, we all knew it was a mistake going in.

  13. #13
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,490
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    So because the DR had a mistake on it and they corrected it, it's unethical? It's not fair to get mad at them because you can no longer capitalize on an error. I know it's frustrating not to get those extra savings, but come on folks.

    DR has made plenty of mistakes. But two wrongs don't make a right. The mistakes of the past shouldn't be used to validate one that was caught and corrected. Besides, think of all the fans who preordered as full price. It's not fair to them for new preorders to be discounted.
    Only problem is, a sale was made and agreed on by both sides, which is a contract; going back after the fact and saying, "Whoppsie, DR made another mistake" is actually illegal in a lot of states because of their "bait and switch" laws. I don't believe there is any federal law like this (never ran across one, anyway), but it does exist widely at the state level, so Mattel may well be breaking state laws here. I don't know if offering to cancel the order rather than upping the price meets legal standards in said states or not.

    Of course, Mattel could avoid such dilemmas altogether by finding someone who knows how to actually run a website.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  14. #14
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    29,296
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Of course, Mattel could avoid such dilemmas altogether by finding someone who knows how to actually run a website.
    I agree wholeheartedly. Digital River continues to be a disappointment. I still think this is because they are not a company that's set up for this kind of product and its sales/shipping needs.

  15. #15
    Eternian Trekkie Sallah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    2,014
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Only problem is, a sale was made and agreed on by both sides, which is a contract; going back after the fact and saying, "Whoppsie, DR made another mistake" is actually illegal in a lot of states because of their "bait and switch" laws. I don't believe there is any federal law like this (never ran across one, anyway), but it does exist widely at the state level, so Mattel may well be breaking state laws here. I don't know if offering to cancel the order rather than upping the price meets legal standards in said states or not.

    Of course, Mattel could avoid such dilemmas altogether by finding someone who knows how to actually run a website.
    I am also wondering how these orders are really going to be handled... What if they aren't able to reach the customer? Do they cancel them or charge them the extra without clearing it first? I remember back when they messed up the Megator/ Man-E-Faces charges that they just went ahead and hit us with double-charges without checking to see if we were okay with their "method" first.

    Oh...And if it is cancelled, given DR/ Matty's track record for botching even the simplest of tasks... Will it ACTUALLY get cancelled?

    Sallah

  16. #16
    Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    5,589
    One of the most disturbing trends as indicated in this thread is how certain members only pop on these forums when there is something to complain about regarding Toyguru/Matty.

    Lord knows they deserve criticism for multiple issues, most noteworthy is the ongoing problematic customer service. Yet, it is also baffling how others continually stand up for their mistakes, some of which have been very poor decisions as it relates to customer relations. I STILL have not been refunded or contacted by customer service about a refund in shipping for Castle Grayskull. And I am STILL unhappy about their most recent charges screw-up over charging too little for October, then too much for November (and it baffles me how people on these boards stand up for this type of business practice).

    All that said, I'm siding with Scott on this one. It was a mistake and people are complaining about not being to able to capitalize on a mistake; a mistake that utterly screamed "this is a mistake." Further, as stated by Scott and others, it's not fair to those who pre-ordered to support the castle and line at full price.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

    MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior Sky Breaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    9,117
    Quote Originally Posted by General Hawk 7 View Post
    That is simply BAD BUSINESS ETHICS!
    Give people a discount (even if it was by accident) and then not honor it! VERY POOR BUSINESS ETHICS. PERIOD.

    How does your company consider that even remotely ethical?
    This is Mattel we are talking about. Is it surprising?

    Ive worked in customer service for many years. If there is an error in pricing, you honor the advertised price and suck up the error. That's just how it goes. Even if the customer is a screaming jerk that you don't like.

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Thanks for the update about the 15% CG error and letting us know it will be corrected. It wouldn't have been fair to the rest of us that helped make Castle Grayskull a reality.

    Since when has toy collecting or the selling of products ever been about fairness?
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; November 26, 2012 at 02:38pm.

  18. #18
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    267
    Well, based on that info, I'm going to eBay for the restof the figs I missed. Atleast now I won't have to keep checking on day of for re-issues.

  19. #19
    Fighting Foe Fan Whiplash7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,866
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    4: This is definately last call on all the 30th figures. (Photog through CGM). They will never be offered again.
    ...
    If you want any older figures, today's sale will be one of your last chances (if not THE last) chance to get these figs. After that it is new figures and the few "evergreen" figs we still have left. These are also rapidly depleating.
    So if there's stock left over, are you just going to destroy them? It doesn't make sense not to offer them again, as people actually do still get into this line late, and people might want replacements, custom fodder, etc, over time. Just my opinion but it doesn't seem like a customer-friendly move to never offer these things again if you actually have them in stock.

  20. #20
    Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewhere between Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    8,555
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Thanks for the update about the 15% CG error and letting us know it will be corrected. It wouldn't have been fair to the rest of us that helped make Castle Grayskull a reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    Since when has toy collecting or the selling of products ever been about fairness?
    Heck, Life isn't fair...much less toy collecting, BUT I still look for it around every corner.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

    WE can do this together because.....

    EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

  21. #21
    Heroic Warrior hlinhk128's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    KYOTO-HONG KONG-CHICAGO
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    So if there's stock left over, are you just going to destroy them? It doesn't make sense not to offer them again, as people actually do still get into this line late, and people might want replacements, custom fodder, etc, over time. Just my opinion but it doesn't seem like a customer-friendly move to never offer these things again if you actually have them in stock.
    They will probably wind up at the Mattel stores or places like Ollies
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)



  22. #22
    Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    730
    It was a call between honoring an accidental discount and angering the thousands who paid at full price. We are still allowing customers who purchased during the accidental discount time to reorder at corrected full price. It is a preorder. There was no perfect solution folks! The goal was to get info out there as soon as possible that we corrected this. Sorry for the confusion.

  23. #23
    Johan Eggink Eterniandreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    It was a call between honoring an accidental discount and angering the thousands who paid at full price. We are still allowing customers who purchased during the accidental discount time to reorder at corrected full price. It is a preorder. There was no perfect solution folks! The goal was to get info out there as soon as possible that we corrected this. Sorry for the confusion.
    Thanks for coming to the .org to explain
    I am not happy about it though

  24. #24
    Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    730
    Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    Thanks for coming to the .org to explain
    I am not happy about it though
    I understand. There really was no way to make everyone happy here. If we honored an accidental discount it would anger more customers than it would help. We had to make a call.

  25. #25
    I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,375
    Thanks for the answers Scott !

    Well, I am not a fan of Scott's words in general, but honestly, I can't blame him for this CG 15% error ! I think they did the right thing for the sake of "original" buyers (nobody in the world would take a loss on say 3000 pre-orders because of 300 pre-orders which would have happened by human OR technical error) !

    Honouring today’s CG pre-orders would only result a “Taken For The Ass Part II” riot !
    Last edited by TUC138; November 26, 2012 at 04:20pm.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

    LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •