Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cyber Monday questions answered!

It was a call between honoring an accidental discount and angering the thousands who paid at full price. We are still allowing customers who purchased during the accidental discount time to reorder at corrected full price. It is a preorder. There was no perfect solution folks! The goal was to get info out there as soon as possible that we corrected this. Sorry for the confusion.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by General Hawk 7 View Post
    No offense, but that is ridiculous. You dont sell someone to someone and then after they pay you say, "Oh, sorry, you have to pay more for it if you want to keep it now". Tell me WHERE else does that? Because neither you nor I would shop there, would we.
    If I sold you something you sent me paypal and then I said...oh wait, Im sorry, I was supposed to be $25 more than what I charged you... you would not consider that bad business? Yeah, right.
    A store is supposed to HONOR their pricing. Mistake or not. That is business ethics.

And I believe the Better Business Bureau will agree.

Nobody has paid for anything yet? It's a pre-order error, I ordered a couple extra because of the price point knowing very well it was probably an error and it could be cancelled/changed. I will obviously elect to cancel those extra Grayskulls when given the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    It was a call between honoring an accidental discount and angering the thousands who paid at full price. We are still allowing customers who purchased during the accidental discount time to reorder at corrected full price. It is a preorder. There was no perfect solution folks! The goal was to get info out there as soon as possible that we corrected this. Sorry for the confusion.
    Thanks for coming to the .org to explain
    I am not happy about it though

Can I have your stuff?

Wait...this isn't an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    Thanks for coming to the .org to explain
    I am not happy about it though
    I understand. There really was no way to make everyone happy here. If we honored an accidental discount it would anger more customers than it would help. We had to make a call.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    This is really no different than when Sears incorrectly listed iPads at $69 a pop a year or so ago and then cancelled the orders. They'd only have to honor the price if they had already shipped you the item.

Matty is giving you the chance to either cancel your order or continue at the corrected price. I see no problem with this.
    LOL... If Sears sold an iPad for $69 then Apple would pull their seller options. Apple is hardcore about their pricing structure.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    If the Grayskull was in stock I'd say let it ride and honor the price. It being an online preorder, though, it's a different story. I feel the mistake is obvious and no one should be upset. Otherwise, Mattel would be giving the middle finger to everyone who did the initial preorder in the first place. How do you think that would play out?
    No, in this instance I completely agree....but I do understand both sides of the coin.

1. It's a mistake...people know that and, for the most part, the majority of people that pre-ordered and got the "discount" only did so because they knew it was a mistake and wanted to pounce.

2. The pre-order was accepted...so, that's DR/Mattel's fault for doing so...it's essentially a contract saying that when the product comes out, you agree to pay us this amount of money.

3. It would be different if actual money was exchanged...rather than "hypothetical money."

4. Hasn't Mattel stated that once pre-orders/subscriptions go on sale, they can't change the price legally?

Eh, it's a very "borderline" thing and I see both sides so I'm like Switzerland here. It was a mistake, just leave it as a mistake, and move on. No matter what you think/feel, the fact is that they will honor cancellations and if you don't like the "non-sale" price, you have the option to cancel. Kind of a non-issue.

I understand. There really was no way to make everyone happy here. If we honored an accidental discount it would anger more customers than it would help. We had to make a call.
    No worries. The 15 % discount just made the international shipping bearable

I will probably get the Castle in the end anyway. I told my sons I bought it before they went to bed. I have no backbone when it comes to my sons.

If a sale seems to good to be true...

Again, so sorry for the confusion. We did our best with a difficult situation.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    If the Grayskull was in stock I'd say let it ride and honor the price. It being an online preorder, though, it's a different story. I feel the mistake is obvious and no one should be upset. Otherwise, Mattel would be giving the middle finger to everyone who did the initial preorder in the first place. How do you think that would play out?
    I don't know what the law states in the USA, but I know in Canada, whether or not there is an error, the sale must be honoured and it is the law. A lot of stores actually will give the item for free if there is an price discrepancy between what is rung up and the listed price. Good thing that matty is not in Canada.

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto

And Castle Grayskull Man only get's one run and that's it??

He's gone for good one of the most different and cool characters and alot of people are SOL because for whatever reason he was not produced as much as the others.....

Hey TG,
    I changed my mind about the rest of this year's subscription, so I canceled my card and got a new one so Matty cant charge me for the rest. (I really did too)
    I did the best I could in a difficult situation.
    Remember...whats good for the goose, is good for the gander. RIGHT?
    Just sayin.
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

Heroic Warrior
    Thank you for posting TG and correcting the problem. It is appreciated. Cheers.

Goon

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Thanks for the answers Scott !

Well, I am not a fan of Scott's words in general, but honestly, I can't blame him for this CG 15% error ! I think they did the right thing for the sake of "original" buyers (nobody in the world would take a loss on say 3000 pre-orders because of 300 pre-orders which would have happened by human OR technical error) !

Honouring today’s CG pre-orders would only result a “Taken For The Ass Part II” riot !
    Last edited by TUC138; November 26, 2012 at 04:20pm.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

So all those 10 people who got lucky and ordered the Castle with 15% (I wouldn't call it "too good to be true") discount would anger thousands of people? Whohoo I HAVE THE POWER !!!
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.

So, when the 20 Castle Grayskulls I ordered on my prepaid card with only $5 on it don't go thru, I'll write you and say
    "If a sale seems to good to be true..."

See...and this is a time when your initial post was good enough. Maybe it's just because it's the "internet" and you can't tell "tone" but this comes across as snarky.

The 15% was no different than the other discounts...so how could it be too good to be true? That's like saying that 15% off of Trap jaw was too good to be true. Especially during a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale when things that aren't normally on sale are.

Just read this off of Matty's FB page... Great comment:

"Also, for people talking about the disclaimer. It can go both ways. It also says ALL sales are final. It doesn't say ALL sales are final UNLESS we screw up then thy are not final. Lol"

I guess "All sales were NOT final", eh, TG? Where I come from folks...we have a three letter word for saying something that is not true. (or for not doing what you say you are going to do)
    Last edited by General Hawk 7; November 26, 2012 at 04:12pm.
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

No, it didn't seem too good to be true really. It seemed like a Cyber Monday discount. Online stores have nice sales on Cyber Monday. I guess it is easier to try and flip the responsibility back onto the consumer though, right? Honestly... What IS your point in saying this, other than to try and deflect blame?

We did our best with a difficult situation.
    A situation that you guys created. Of course the best course of action for you is to not honor the sale, as that saves you money.

Honestly, I didn't expect any other outcome than this, given Matty's track record for customer service... But it is still disappointing to witness.

Sallah
    Last edited by Sallah; November 26, 2012 at 04:14pm.

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by General Hawk 7 View Post
    Just read this off of Matty's FB page... Great comment:

"Also, for people talking about the disclaimer. It can go both ways. It also says ALL sales are final. It doesn't say ALL sales are final UNLESS we screw up then thy are not final. Lol"

I guess "All sales were NOT final", eh, TG? Where I come from folks...we have a three letter word for saying something that is not true. (or for not doing what you say you are going to do)
    This is so true.
    But of course, we also overlook the fact that Matty can't change or fix orders after you place them....unless of course it was an error in our favor. All the people who preordered CG the first couple hours and got charged the ridiculous shipping fees, of course they can't fix that. They have to charge us the full price and then refund the difference.

But of course, when it's an error in our favor, they can fix anything right away.

Matty is a joke of a company, run by people who only know how to capitalize on loyal fans' nostalgia.
    It is sad that Matty views us as **** poor customers, and then reminds us of that at every chance they get.

Quote Originally Posted by Fug-Lee-Faces View Post
    This is so true.
    But of course, we also overlook the fact that Matty can't change or fix orders after you place them....unless of course it was an error in our favor. All the people who preordered CG the first couple hours and got charged the ridiculous shipping fees, of course they can't fix that. They have to charge us the full price and then refund the difference.

But of course, when it's an error in our favor, they can fix anything right away.

Matty is a joke of a company, run by people who only know how to capitalize on loyal fans' nostalgia.
    It is sad that Matty views us as **** poor customers, and then reminds us of that at every chance they get.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fug-Lee-Faces View Post
    This is so true.

*Mattel reserves the right to change the price !

Anyway Scott, are we going to see Beasts / Weapons Pak (1 & 2) on today's sale ?
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    No, it didn't seem too good to be true really. It seemed like a Cyber Monday discount. Online stores have nice sales on Cyber Monday.

Sallah
    Especially when the minimum order was met...this could've been a Cyber Monday tactic for more orders. Who knows?
    Also, things pop up randomly on this Cyber Monday and it's all a surprise as to what will pop up next...

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!

No problem TG. I've worked in the retail business long enough to know that there is bound to be a snafu once in a while. Unfortunately, coming up with a solution is inevitably going to anger some people... You guys were put between the figurative "rock and a hard place."

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    This is really no different than when Sears incorrectly listed iPads at $69 a pop a year or so ago and then cancelled the orders. They'd only have to honor the price if they had already shipped you the item.

Matty is giving you the chance to either cancel your order or continue at the corrected price. I see no problem with this.
    This is an excellent explanation.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    No problem TG. I've worked in the retail business long enough to know that there is bound to be a snafu once in a while. Unfortunately, coming up with a solution is inevitably going to anger some people... You guys were put between the figurative "rock and a hard place."

This is an excellent explanation.
    I had no problem with the solution at all...it was the following remark that got me