Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jitsu bio/packaged shot up!! =)

Heroic Warrior
    What is that extra accessory under his right hand? It looks to be the same color orange as the sword.

So Jitsu take over snake mountain? I have to guess this is pretty much what could happen: Evil lynn loses her powers and returned to live with his father. Merman returned to be king in rakash. Beast man returned with the beast people, Whiplash returned to subternia with the other caligars. Trap jaw joined the horde with his new old friend cy-chop. webstor could be dead. Ninjor and Scareglow returned to their dimensions. Two bad is actually separated with the spell and both leave Eternia. Jitsu take place as leader of the evil warriors, actually only Stinkor and Spikor are left. Finally the three will fight to rule Ethernia...If they can..

Quote Originally Posted by docfairday View Post
    What is that extra accessory under his right hand? It looks to be the same color orange as the sword.
    No extras, he comes with 1 sword & 2 scythes....you're seeing one of the scythes.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Well I wasn't to thrilled with the real name thing (as for most they have nothing to add in most cases) but ok this one is a sort of nod to the ole school... cool! But maybe if you pronounced it in a clever manner; Shao'pa, Cho pur or something like that I think when people sounded it out it would've added just a bit of clever to it! IMO

As for him taking over Snake Mountain, Hmmmm I guess Evil Lyn is off the board but what about Count Marzo? I mean he was the Big Bad before Keldor/Skeletor and I would think all this time he was biding him time to make a comeback! I mean if he is silent but deadly that usually implies he prefers to be an enforcer like character that might be any Big Bad's right hand man, no pun intended!

I also had the idea that Jitsu's hand was the product of his total concentrated Qi (something like Iron Fist) where his corrupt behavior doomed his hand to remain that way, and he just found a way to capitalize on it. But yes i understand we have the power to tweak this but I asking ya where can I sign up for bio writing, put me in coach.... PUT ME IN!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Jitsu is looking like an incredible update! After a few vintage figs that are a little TOO vintage, here comes Jitsu to show them what a real update looks like. Awesome looking figure, but I wish he could have special belt or an alternate loincloth. Marzo's might have gone well, or Faceless's. But I'm being picky here; he looks incredible!

And that bio is awesome. Chopper as the real name is a little meh. Hiro Choppah or something like that could have sounded punny and reasonable, but I appreciate the vintage nod. It's something only us, the hardest of the hardcore fans will get, even if it just makes our eyes roll. I LOVE his characterization as the eventual master of Snake Mountain, too! It's out of nowhere, but Jitsu always seemed to be a cut above the rest of the evil warriors to me, mainly because I never had him, and partly because of his awesome gold hand and armor. I can't wait for Ninjor to show up... army builder material for sure as Jitsu's ninja henchmen!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    As for him taking over Snake Mountain, Hmmmm I guess Evil Lyn is off the board but what about Count Marzo? I mean he was the Big Bad before Keldor/Skeletor and I would think all this time he was biding him time to make a comeback! I mean if he is silent but deadly that usually implies he prefers to be an enforcer like character that might be any Big Bad's right hand man, no pun intended!
    Sorry, that just made me chuckle a little....
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    Chopper? Seriously? ToyGuru has always said that real names come from what they believe their mother's would have named them. Chopper is what you name the dog. It would honestly make more sense for his real name to be Jitsu and his nickname be Chopper. It's also mentioned how he's silent but deadly
    Chopper. *sigh*
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    No extras, he comes with 1 sword & 2 scythes....you're seeing one of the scythes.
    Oh I had no idea about the scythes that is awesome

I always knew Jitsu had potential. And I can't WAIT for him to arrive!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    This is a cool bio, IMO, and it gives us a nifty bit story for Jitsu who really didn't have an origin in the old days. I like the idea of him taking over Snake Mountain (until/if Skeletor returns, of course). It's unexpected, yet I can completely see it happening. Anyone who has read gbagok and Iceman's awesome fanfic stories would likely also have an easy time seeing Jitsu as a warlord of this caliber.

Chopper nod = nice!

The only part I wasn't really keen on was the robotic hand. I'd personally prefer it to be a magical golden hand which would make a nice contrast to Fisto's robotic hand.

PS = Count me in as a spectator for the Jitsu vs. Ninjor vs. Karatti tournament of evil martial arts.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

His real name is meh for me as well, but I really don't care about the real names anyways. It is a nice add-on for the nostalgia factor though I would've added the "Chopper" as a nickname he used as a criminal warlord prior to siding with Skeletor & have Jitsu be his real name. I really like the idea of him leading after Skeletor, that's very clever, great touch there! But I'll add another meh, on the bandit part (come on, another thief?) and one more for the part of having Tri-klops build his metallic hand. I would've preferred his hand be casted in metal fused with magic. Maybe he melted down Skeletor's Battle Armor giving him the "upper hand" in taking over Snake Mountain, if you will. All in all, a good bio for Jitsu.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    I can can see Jitsu laying down the law and sticking to his guns unlike Evil Lyn who can't decide what she wants(could be a woman thing)

Evil-Lyn always knew exactly what she wanted: power. She was constantly making active choices to gain power. Her choices were either flawed, or she sabotaged herself, but she was still the most intelligent and active of SkeletorNs minions.

That woman comment is out of line though, in my opinion.
    There are just as many men who are indecisive as women.
    Last edited by bcrduke; November 27, 2012 at 02:33am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Hm.. I wish I could be positive about this one as I don't like to criticise the bio's and stuff but I really don't like this one.

This would have been better, not sure who wrote this though.

If there is one thing the dreaded Skeletor relishes more than defeating his enemies, it is enslaving them. No one of his warriors knows this better than the man known as Jitsu! Once a ruler of a peaceful society in the far east, Skeletor's armies decimated his people after he would not craft weapons for the dark armies. Anxious to demean his peaceful legacy, Skeletor fused the man with an ancient artifact called the Dragon's Claw, a massive gauntlet that possesses its wearer and is capable of splitting stone. As Eternians flee in terror from his bloody campaign, little do they know a lost soul watches in terror and sadness through the general's blood red eyes!
    Honestly... I feel completely different. I've been VERY annoyed with the Horde bios because nearly everyone was 'enslaved'.

In the old mini-comics... All the bad guys were.... BAD GUYS. Skeletor forced them to work for HIM... but he wasn't pulling from the ranks of pacifists and hippies. He was grabbing intergalactic criminals and bounty hunters... Warlords and savage monsters.. There is something just... empty about a villain who doesn't WANT to be a villain. That one good counterspell and they simply switch sides....

Now.... Ancient artifact is cool, but Turn Jitsu into some kind of Genghis Khan riding and pilaging till Skeletor takes him down and I'm in! Peace loving ruler/blacksmith and I'm out again

Evil Master of Dreams skeletor73's Avatar
    Wow, maybe i'm just getting too old for all this but I'm not lovin' this bio. Normally I don't post much and kind of have the attitude that the bios are Toyguru and and the Mattel Exec's way of having some fun. I just don't know about him taking over Snake Mountain though. He seems a little too second string for that. I mean, I had him as a kid and think he's cool and all that but of all the characters to take over Skeletor's former enterprise... Really? Eh, to each his own I suppose.

I agree on the part that jitsu shouldn't be an enchanted good guy. I do however feel a villain should have a motivation to justify him being evil. And I really dislike the whole prison star thing.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Honestly... I feel completely different. I've been VERY annoyed with the Horde bios because nearly everyone was 'enslaved'.

In the old mini-comics... All the bad guys were.... BAD GUYS. Skeletor forced them to work for HIM... but he wasn't pulling from the ranks of pacifists and hippies. He was grabbing intergalactic criminals and bounty hunters... Warlords and savage monsters.. There is something just... empty about a villain who doesn't WANT to be a villain. That one good counterspell and they simply switch sides....

Now.... Ancient artifact is cool, but Turn Jitsu into some kind of Genghis Khan riding and pilaging till Skeletor takes him down and I'm in! Peace loving ruler/blacksmith and I'm out again
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I never saw Jitsu as a leader, but it's fun to imagine him that way!

Honestly, I always presumed Evil Lyn would have taken over Snake Mountain in Skeletor's absence...

- - - Updated - - -

I never saw Jitsu as a leader, but it's fun to imagine him that way! He was one of the handful of figures I had as a kid and I always imagined him to be a double agent working with the heroic warriors. I remember being confused on whether he was a good guy or a bad guy when I got him for Christmas in 1984!

Honestly, I always presumed Evil Lyn would have taken over Snake Mountain in Skeletor's absence...
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I never had Jitsu as a kid, but my friend did and he always seemed awesome. My only wish is that this had more of the 200X vibe, or at least enough swappable elements to achieve it (ala Fisto). Really looking forward to adding such an iconic character to my Classics shelf.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Jitsu might rule Snake Mountain, but I think all of the other major players have left...

Evil-Lyn is now depowered and went to the future to raise the son of Skeletor.
    Mer-Man probably went back underwater, since he only returned to dry land to serve Skeletor.
    Beast Man might have tried to return to the Vine Jungle after Skeletor left (and if Gygor was killed in the UBII).
    Tri-Klops might have become a bounty hunter on Eternia, working for neither side anymore.
    Trap Jaw is possibly a crook on his own or went back into space.
    Whiplash and Clawful might have been killed by Fearless Photog (defeated might not mean dead).

Webstor might have returned to the Mystic Mountains to menace Tufos (Stratos' replacement) and Buzz-Off.
    Faker might be destroyed after the UBII.
    If Ninjor was conjured up by Skeletor, then I could see him splitting after Skeletor leaves and taking assassination gigs to buy his way back home.

Stinkor, Spikor, Scareglow and Two-Bad might be the only guys left under Jitsu. They are freaks with no realms to return to.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I'm not keen on the intergalactic bandit part, the robotic hand and the real name (Chopper" works much better as a nickname, whereas Jitsu sounds like a perfect real name).

As for him taking over Snake Mountain however, I like that!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I LOVE this bio - how leftfield is it?! He is taking over Snake Mountain! That is really surprising and also very welcome. The name "Chopper" doesn't bother me at all.

Now he his taking over Snake Mountain, I kinda with that they had included a 200X belt with the figure - just to make him look a bit more "leader-ish" But still a great figure, he's turned out great from that carded pic!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I guess no one is noticing how Fisto is Jitsu's archenemy now, the first time in any canon? While He-Man and She-Ra are off in space, Fisto needs to grab the remaining Masters, raid Snake Mountain and get it done!

While Jitsu isn't a wizard like Hsss or Skeletor, he IS a bandit and can set up ambushes on Snake Mountain's terrain. Two Bad and Ninjor (IF they are around) are kings of ambushing people. Stinkor can take out a bunch of people with his power (no MAA fans this time to blow away the smog, unless Sy-Klone remained on Eternia).
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; November 27, 2012 at 08:21am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Love that he takes over Snake Mountain.....but "chopper"?!?
    Now I know how Mattel is coming up with these names....

They picked up a hobo off the streets and make him drink a bottle of Thunderbird until he starts to hallucinate....they they show him the figure prototype and ask for the first words that come to his mind.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Not sure why they needed a "real name" for someone who had something that sounds like a real name. I realize Rammy's mama didn't name him Ram Man, but Jitsu didn't need another name any more than Randor does. I understand the nostalgia part, but there is an obvious reason that Chopper didn't make the final name cut.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Looking so forward to Jitsu! The figuer looks great.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Chopper - lame.
    Takes over Snake Mountain - lame.

Figure looks great in package. I might have to consider getting him.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon