Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Jitsu bio/packaged shot up!! =)

I don't mind Jitsu's real name and him taking over Snake Mountain, but...

Trap-Jaw, Fisto, Rotar, Cy-Chop, Mekaneck, maybe some others I am forgetting... and now Jitsu. The whole "wounded warrior healed/upgraded/enhanced by Man-at-Arms/Tri-Klops" origin is becoming very old...

I like the bio and goofy name. Him taking over Snake Mountain was unexpected.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    No magic left on eternia only robots

I guess Skeletor Trusts him over Evil Lynn. lol
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I'm ok with Jitsu's bio. I like the fact that Fisto is mentioned. I also like the nod to the Filmation bible (Chopper), even though I would have preferred Jitsu to be his real name and Chopper a nickname given by his enemies.

Of course, the "Triklops gave him a robotic hand"part is a bit of a cliché now. As has already been said, every cyborg character seems to have been upgraded by Man-at-arms, Triklops or Hordak...
    But I was pretty surprised (in a good way actually) by Jitsu taking Skeletor's place at Snake Mountain!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Its an ok bio. I HATE characters getting augmented by Ti-Klops and MAA all the time! Lazy writing! I would have much preferred a magical gauntlet approach.
    I also cannot for the life of me understand how Jitsu cannot be a given name!? I appreciate the attempt to homage Filmation but really??
    His real name could have been ~Jitsu "also known as Chopper"~

I do LOVE the fact that he takes over after Skelly leaves.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Its an ok bio. I HATE characters getting augmented by Ti-Klops and MAA all the time! Lazy writing! I would have much preferred a magical gauntlet approach.
    Personally I prefer it to the magical/'enchanted' stuff that has often been overused in bios. It's just as easy/lazy to use "enchanted armor", etc etc as it is to use Tri-Klops/MAA technology (which isn't really used that much tbh).

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Exactly. And it does actually kind of make sense to some degree, when you think about it...there's no way any of the survivors are going to respect or bow down to the likes of Beast Man, Stinkor, etc. Mer-Man rules his own people. Whiplash and Clawful might be dead (defeated by Photog). Evil-Lyn is gone. Dunno about Tri-Klops but he seems more like a 'higher up' than an outright leader.
    I totally agree! With evil-lyn in the future (that's what happens right) who else really could rule snake mountain?
    beast man, stinkor, two bad? No way

I like this story twist a lot.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Like most of the bio's there' s things I like and things I don't like.
    I don't like the real name of Chopper, I get that they're trying to make a nod to his Filmation name but I think it would have been better used as a nickname for him like they did with Flipshot, I can imagine the other Evil Warriors calling him Chopper behind his back.
    I don't like the intergalactic bandit bit either, I would have preferred him to be an Eternian bound warlord and had Keldor freed him from an Enterian prison.
    I like that they made him and Fisto archenemies, and that he got his golden robotic hand from Tri-Klops. If he got this during the Great Unrest (which is how I read the bio) then he got his robotic hand before Fisto has he didn't get his until the Snake Men were freed.
    I love that he's took over Snake Mountain while Skeletor was off on his New Adventures, to me he's the perfect choice. I mean Evil Lyn has been stripped of her powers and travelled to the future right otherwise she would have no doubt taken over, and I don't think any of the other Evil Warriors have the leadership skills to do the job. Sure they may crave the power and want the job, and I'm sure there was internal fights over who would be in charge but when comes down to it I really think Jitsu is the only one who could actually do it.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I can't believe some of you don't like it, this is exactly how i wanted Jitsu's bio to be. Ok maybe the Chopper thing could been a nickname similar to Flipshot.

I love this bio (especially considering he is one of my favorite characters), but I groan at the real name (just because who would name their child Chopper...) although I understand it's origin.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Hm.. I wish I could be positive about this one as I don't like to criticise the bio's and stuff but I really don't like this one.

This would have been better, not sure who wrote this though.

If there is one thing the dreaded Skeletor relishes more than defeating his enemies, it is enslaving them. No one of his warriors knows this better than the man known as Jitsu! Once a ruler of a peaceful society in the far east, Skeletor's armies decimated his people after he would not craft weapons for the dark armies. Anxious to demean his peaceful legacy, Skeletor fused the man with an ancient artifact called the Dragon's Claw, a massive gauntlet that possesses its wearer and is capable of splitting stone. As Eternians flee in terror from his bloody campaign, little do they know a lost soul watches in terror and sadness through the general's blood red eyes!
    I like where this line of though goes!
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Ignoring the bio for the moment, it looks like the head sculpt survived quite well through the production process, which is good; that still looks like one of the best heads in the line so far (and I'm not a big Jitsu fan, so I'm basing that opinion solely on the job the Horsemen did on it).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Chopper - I'm not a fan. I expect something more telling and more like a real name for the humanoid characters.

Taking over Snake Mountain - Interesting, I consider him a third tier character and would think one of the more prominent henchmen would assume this role.

Deadly...Silent - Don't light a match when you're inside Snake Mountain.

So somehow, (non-magical) Jitsu beat Draegoman (who can fly and breathe fire) AND Gygor (who has actual leadership experience) for leadership of Snake Mountain? Mmm hhm. I'm throwing side eyes at that one... :srshift:
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    I somehow see "Chopper" being the nickname the other Evil Warriors give to Jitsu, and it annoys the hell out of him. I can totally see one of them saying, "Hey Chopper, what ya up to?" "My name is Jitsu!"

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    I like the idea of magical gauntlet... reminds me of an episode from Buffy. The glove traps the hand of its bearer and provides him with destructive powers...

http://buffy.wikia.com/wiki/Glove_of_Myhnegon
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

I think it would've been much more bad-ass if Fisto and Jitsu were bitter rivals, Fisto gets injured and receives a gauntlet upgrade from Man-at-Arms, and Jitsu (in response) purposely severs his own hand in order to get a similar (and perhaps more powerful) gauntlet from Tri-Klops.

I don't mind the idea of Jistu ruling Snake Mountain. With Evil-Lyn out of the picture, Jistu ruling makes more sense than anyone else, with the exception of maybe Tri-Klops.

I personally like the bio quite a bit.

A lot has been made of Jitsu being the head of Snake Mountain after the Second Ultimate Battleground, which is kind of cool. But I submit it's not as big a deal as it might sound.

Did you know Studio 54 is still around in New York? It is. Someone owns it. That's not exactly the same as saying you were the owner of Studio 54 in 1978. The first Ultimate Battleground suppressed evil for a long time, but the second Ultimate Battleground was really... ultimate. Hssss was destroyed. The Horde was pretty much decimated. Evil-Lyn was defeated and depowered. Skeletor is gone.

That doesn't mean that there is no evil whatsoever on Eternia, any more than it means there weren't Stormtroopers the day after the Emperor was destroyed or there weren't German soldiers in the days after World War II. But Evil was largely defeated. I'm sure Jitsu and the remaining evil warriors in Snake Mountain continued being up to no good for a while, but I can't imagine Randor being overly concerned about it on a day to day basis.

I think the schoolchildren during the Son of He-Man era will read about Snake Mountain the way schoolchildren today read about Russia. It's still there, but it doesn't represent the same thing.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    I personally like the bio quite a bit.

A lot has been made of Jitsu being the head of Snake Mountain after the Second Ultimate Battleground, which is kind of cool. But I submit it's not as big a deal as it might sound.

Did you know Studio 54 is still around in New York? It is. Someone owns it. That's not exactly the same as saying you were the owner of Studio 54 in 1978. The first Ultimate Battleground suppressed evil for a long time, but the second Ultimate Battleground was really... ultimate. Hssss was destroyed. The Horde was pretty much decimated. Evil-Lyn was defeated and depowered. Skeletor is gone.

That doesn't mean that there is no evil whatsoever on Eternia, any more than it means there weren't Stormtroopers the day after the Emperor was destroyed or there weren't German soldiers in the days after World War II. But Evil was largely defeated. I'm sure Jitsu and the remaining evil warriors in Snake Mountain continued being up to no good for a while, but I can't imagine Randor being overly concerned about it on a day to day basis.

I think the schoolchildren during the Son of He-Man era will read about Snake Mountain the way schoolchildren today read about Russia. It's still there, but it doesn't represent the same thing.
    Well put whbinder......

Heroic Warrior
    Jitsu will be the last of the MOTUCs that I had as a kid. I love that he's totally bad. The Snake Mountain stuff is cool. Great bio. Chopper is a silly name. But I love that it pays homage to the Filmation name for him. And how can anyone seriously complain about a silly name in a property where the main character is called "He-Man"?

The bio is cool, but the phrasing is highly (Edit: or at least a little) misleading regarding what happens when. If you look at the other bios the events mentioned in Jitsu's bio break down like this:

The first two sentences happen during and at the end of the Great Unrest:
    An intergalactic bandit, Jitsu was broken out of Prison Starr by Keldor during the Great Unrest. In gratitude, he agreed to serve the Evil Lord of Destruction and stayed with him even after Keldor's transformation into Skeletor.

The next events can only happen after the Great Unrest and after the Fall of the Mystic Wall
    As a master of several forms of martial arts, Jitsu was often on the frontline in battle against Randor and his Masters*. During the Battle for Gretori Bridge, he was wounded by his archenemy Fisto** and had his hand replaced with a golden robotic implant by Tri-Klops.

OK, and the final sentence can only happen after the Second Ultimate Battleground
    After Skeletor left Eternia for the stars, Jitsu took over Snake Mountain, ruling it with an iron fist.

*) The Masters were only founded AFTER the Great Unrest
    **) Malcom became Fisto only AFTER the return of the Snake Men

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    The bio is cool, but the phrasing is highly misleading regarding when what happens. If you look at the other bios the events mentioned in Jitsu's bio breaks down like this:
    I think we all agree with your assessment of the timeline. But what part of the bio is misleading?

Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post
    Chopper - lame.
    Takes over Snake Mountain - lame.

Figure looks great in package. I might have to consider getting him.
    *sigh* why exactly is it lame that he takes over snake mountain....someone has to.

Irian: doesn't Randor have his version of a Masters team??
    Last edited by Coptur; November 28, 2012 at 04:14pm.

Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    I think we all agree with your assessment of the timeline. But what part of the bio is misleading?
    Well, maybe misleading was a bit harsh - but I do feel that the bio makes it sound as if the battles with the Matsers and and the battle at the bridge were happening during the Great Unrest.