Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Jitsu bio/packaged shot up!! =)

Interesting! Not big on him being interglalactic though; out of everyone in the badguys group, I wouldn't have pegged Jitsu as coming from anywhere but planet Eternia. Don't think I'll use that bit. BUT - very interesting that he ends up taking over Snake Mountain! DANGIT now I wish they had added the 200X parts! I used Fisto's parts as a sort of now-and-then look, with the vintage look being his first appearance and his 200X items for...I dunno, down the line, you know? Jitsu's 200X belt and ponytail would have been PERFECT for an emperor-of-snake-mountain look! I honestly didn't miss those items that much until I read the bit about him taking over after Skeletor.

Ah well, one way or another I like it! Never pegged him to be that kinda guy. Now he's got the 'ol imagination juices flowing...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    real disappointed with the bio. I dont mind that he takes over after skeletor. that I like. its the intergalactic prison during the great unrest, the fisto arch enemy thing (I like just no in that way how it was portrayed) & the name. Jitsu was fine as a real name not chopper. the bio was a fail for me however I love the figure. I guess that is what really matters anyway.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    So somehow, (non-magical) Jitsu beat Draegoman (who can fly and breathe fire) AND Gygor (who has actual leadership experience) for leadership of Snake Mountain? Mmm hhm. I'm throwing side eyes at that one... :srshift:
    Their kung-fu was no good...

Maybe Gygor and Dreago-Man didn't survive the Second Ultimate Battleground. Besides, Gygor is an independent villain, not an Evil Warrior.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    So somehow, (non-magical) Jitsu beat Draegoman (who can fly and breathe fire) AND Gygor (who has actual leadership experience) for leadership of Snake Mountain? Mmm hhm. I'm throwing side eyes at that one... :srshift:
    Ok since when does having magical/super powers and greater strength mean you have more of a right to be a better leader...Batman doesn't have super powers and nor does Baron Zemo both are great leaders. In truth we still don't know enough about Jitsu and his abilties, attributes and relationships with other evil warriors to make such a passing judgement on whether he's a good enough leader.

Draegoman might be on good terms and have respect with Jitsu, or he could be dead or may have been defeated by an 'inferior' Jitsu in combat for the right of leadership..thus earning more respect.
    Gygor only knows the rule of his own roost in the vine jungle and may be incapable of commanding such a different and contrasting group of people.

Even small men are capable of great things
    Last edited by Coptur; November 29, 2012 at 12:28pm.

Draegoman can fly and breath fire, but Jitsu has better interpersonal skills, accounting background and he knows Microsoft Office.

Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    Draegoman can fly and breath fire, but Jitsu has better interpersonal skills, accounting background and he knows Microsoft Office.
    Which mean a LOT, considering one of his hands could crush the whole keyboard. To this day his keystrokes are the stuff of legends - he won't even let anyone see how he manages to type with that big golden hand. You ever see one of his Excel spreadsheets? OH MAN. Gave me the vapors, I do declare.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I really like the idea of Jitsu takng over Snake Mountain. The core villains are imbecilic so none of them seem a logical choice to succeed Skeletor. Of course, Skeletor's villains didn't have to be portrayed as idiots. In Icons of Evil, kronis and Mer-Man were both effective leaders and, in the Filmation cartoon, Clawful was intelligent, ambitious and unafraid of Skeletor. Any of these would have been logical choices had the story been slightly different.

With the power vacuum left after Skeletor leaves for the stars would leave things open for takeover by someone with cunning. A good addition to the story would be that Jitsu employed "prison rules" the moment he seized power. The first challenger to his power would be swiftly and brutally beaten down (maybe even killed). The others would think twice about chellenging him from then on.

It would also be cool if Jitsu was unquestionably loyal to Skeletor while Skeletor was still around, effectively keeping his ambitions in check. The moment Skeletor is gone, he only has himself to think about.

Jitsu running Snake Mountain in a more heavy-handed way is good. He would function more as an emperor.

I hate the bios. I cannot believe how terrible most of them are.

"Chopper" is his real name? How about just "Jitsu"? Homages to bad ideas are nothing but reminders of bad ideas.

And again, Jitsu is nothing but a thief, a "bandit". Keldor is a freaking Fagin!

And again, Tri-Klops takes up the role of MAA, sticking bionics bits onto people. Boring! Eternia has ancient, weird tech - Jitsu's fist could have had a great back-story. But instead, Tri-Klops had it just laying around, like MAA & Mek's neck (etc. etc.)

The only interesting thing here is that Jitsu replaces Skeletor. I like that, it actually gives him some character and development.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Wait...what?? how is Jitsu a bandit??? I could see him maybe being a ronin samuraii, or a deposed shogun even, but not a bandit. I can actually see Jitsu taking command of Snake mountain because I doubt Draego or Gy-gor would even want it. Draego has an ulterior motive for even aligning with Skelly and Gy-gor is kind of being forced into service. Why would either of them even wish to run the place or those in it??
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

The whole "intergalctic bandit" thing is horrible.

I don't see why he can't be Eternian. It would have made a lot more sense to say he was a former military commander that turned rogue. It would explain why he was able to take over Snake Mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Star of the Morning View Post
    I really like the idea of Jitsu takng over Snake Mountain. The core villains are imbecilic so none of them seem a logical choice to succeed Skeletor. Of course, Skeletor's villains didn't have to be portrayed as idiots. In Icons of Evil, kronis and Mer-Man were both effective leaders and, in the Filmation cartoon, Clawful was intelligent, ambitious and unafraid of Skeletor. Any of these would have been logical choices had the story been slightly different.

With the power vacuum left after Skeletor leaves for the stars would leave things open for takeover by someone with cunning. A good addition to the story would be that Jitsu employed "prison rules" the moment he seized power. The first challenger to his power would be swiftly and brutally beaten down (maybe even killed). The others would think twice about chellenging him from then on.

It would also be cool if Jitsu was unquestionably loyal to Skeletor while Skeletor was still around, effectively keeping his ambitions in check. The moment Skeletor is gone, he only has himself to think about.

Jitsu running Snake Mountain in a more heavy-handed way is good. He would function more as an emperor.
    I agree! Though, I admit, I hadn't even thought of it before the bio. Now that the notion is in my head, it really works! Trap-Jaw would be possible, but I really think he was broken (in more ways than one) when he was beaten by Skeletor, and I don't know if the urge to lead is still burning in there.

As you pointed out: Jitsu really seems like the quiet guy who followed orders to a T and was loyal to the end - right up until the end. Once there's no more Skeletor - BAM. Everyone is looking around or just walking off on thier own, and Jitsu jumps in and starts cracking heads with your "prison rules" idea. I think it works 'cause no one sees it coming. He seems like one of the few who isn't trying to backstab Skeletor, so no one sees him as the guy to crack the whip when Skelly is gone. I'm really liking this idea!

...and once again, really lamenting the lack of the 200X belt, 'cause it would make an awesome Emperor Jitsu!

I'm digging the bio. IDK about Chopper, but a nice homage.
    Odds, Bobs, Hammer and Tongs!

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    What if Chopper was pseudo translated into a kanji style character(maybe some kind of karate chop looking thing chopping wood for example) with chopper in brackets next it for the real name.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Master of Disguise; November 30, 2012 at 06:02am.
    Go Home And Be A Family He-Man!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    The whole "intergalctic bandit" thing is horrible.

I don't see why he can't be Eternian. It would have made a lot more sense to say he was a former military commander that turned rogue. It would explain why he was able to take over Snake Mountain.
    I know there are a LOT of people who don't WANT 'Japan' to be on Eternia. It's kind of silly. THat's the issue so many people had with ninjor.

I'm kind of in that camp. The more you make Eternia JUST like earth... the more boring it gets. As such I'm fine with him NOT being from Eternia but from 'somewhere else'

Secondly, it opens up the universe more... bringing it more into a Masters of the UNIVERSE!!! All the baddies from around the univers are somehow drawn to this awesome power of grayskull in one way or another...

As for him taking over?

I LOVE it... My FIRST expectation would have been an 'established' character.. Evil Lyn, triklops, mer-man... beastman... one of the REGULARS...

But frankly over the last three decades, they have all been so much screwups, that i really wouldn't have been able to take any of htem serious.

Jitsu however?? When does HE screw up and make a fool of himself?? Hardly EVER... Mostly because he's a blank slate.. He's got the perfect storm of 'Vintage' and well known... but without any baggage getting in his way

/High Fives Toyguru!!!

Well done sir!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I know there are a LOT of people who don't WANT 'Japan' to be on Eternia. It's kind of silly. THat's the issue so many people had with ninjor.

I'm kind of in that camp. The more you make Eternia JUST like earth... the more boring it gets. As such I'm fine with him NOT being from Eternia but from 'somewhere else'
    So what you are saying is that it's OK to have Snake people, Lizard people, Bat people, Bee people, Cat people, Bird people, talking gorillas, Fish people, Crab people, Dragons, Giants, ...but no "Asian" characters on Eternia?

Eternia doesn't sound like Earth to me at all.

Using your train of though, you could say the same thing about African American characters on Eternia. Do they make Eternia too "Earthy" also? Maybe Mattel should make Clamp Champ and Zodak non-Eternian also. Does Eternia really only need "white" people?

Excluding someone from being Eternian just because of his ethnicity is just plain silly.

This is an interesting bio as it leaves Eternia with a threat after He-Man leaves to pursue Skeletor in New Adventures raising questions.

1) First who is left for Jitsu to lead after the Ultimate Battleground?
    2) Can the Masters face this new threat without a He-Man?
    3) Does a new He-Man temporarily rise while Adam and Adora are away fighting Skeletor? Perhaps this explains why Adam has a new sword in New Adventures?

Heroic Warrior
    So what you are saying is that it's OK to have Snake people, Lizard people, Bat people, Bee people, Cat people, Bird people, talking gorillas, Fish people, Crab people, Dragons, Giants, ...but no "Asian" characters on Eternia?

Using your train of though, you could say the same thing about African American characters on Eternia. Do they make Eternia too "Earthy" also? Maybe Mattel should make Clamp Champ and Zodak non-Eternian also. Does Eternia really only need "white" people?

Excluding someone from being Eternian just because of his ethnicity is just plain silly.
    /shrug

The original line only had Clamp Champ, and he was pretty 'token' with his reused body and armor....

As for no 'asians'... I have no issue with people who LOOK like they are japanese... but to have them NAMED japanese... Dress Japanese... and act like they are japanese in a completley alien world DOES make me roll my eyes a bit.

It's bad enough there are stereotypes on EARTH that all asians know martial arts and are super-smart... Why does the same standards have to apply to other worlds too

Why does EVERY alien world have to evolve in EXACTLY the same way? Eternia has already spawned blue people, lizard people and Bee people... why do they have to have EVERYTHING that earth does?

Where are the Asian Klingons? or the Latino Ewoks?

In most sci-fi worlds for good or bad, there is only ONE maybe TWO major races... (and they all dress alike )

In a mythology that spans a whole universe... I'm absolutely fine with some of the more unique people coming from 'OTHER' places... One of my biggest gripes about 200x was the inclusion of all the 'monster' races...

I liked it better when I thought Clawful and whiplash were 'unique' Some kind of Killer Croc mutant or magic experiment resulting in a terrifying monster...

not just 'exile #3'...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Where are the Asian Klingons? or the Latino Ewoks?

Viva La Rasa! Chub Chub!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I got to thinking Jitsu would be the most likely to lead the new evil warriors after Skeletor has gone into space.

Skeletor- gone into space
    Evil Lyn- gone into the future
    Beastman- ???
    Merman- back ruling his underwater kingdom
    Trap-Jaw- apart of the evil warriors
    Ti-Klops- ???
    Whiplash- captured/defeated
    Clawful- captured/defeated
    Two-Bad- apart of the evil warriors
    Stinkor- apart of the evil warriors
    Webstor- dead
    Kobra Khan- dead
    Spikor- apart of the evil warriors
    Twistoid- apart of the evil warriors
    Faker- dead
    Scarglow- ???
    Ninjor- ???
    Saurod- dead
    Blade- back being a mercenary
    Dragoman- ???

dont feel trap-jaw is a leader capable to hold the evil warriors together, nor is Tri-Klops. Count Marzo is doing his own thing. Prahvus is very likely to lead the new band of warriors, but Jitsu has my vote.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Chopper as a real name is just dumb as hell. Sure, maybe it was funny as a joke but the fact that they actually used it on the bio is pretty ridiculous. Good think I stop accepting mattels 'real names' in my canon after they named Hordak Hektor.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Viva La Rasa! Chub Chub!
    It's "La Raza". And it's "Yub Yub" or possibly "Nub Nub".

And isn't most of Eternia basically medieval Europe?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    Chopper as a real name is just dumb as hell. Sure, maybe it was funny as a joke but the fact that they actually used it on the bio is pretty ridiculous. Good think I stop accepting mattels 'real names' in my canon after they named Hordak Hektor.
    I still think Hordak's Name is alright if used as "Hek-Tor the Ruthless"

I would be more inclined to accept Jitsu as an actual Earth shogun or samurai taken from the past through one of Skellys dimensional portals. This would give his entire character credit and make him a prime candidate for leadership due to his cultural discipline and training. As far as the other humans on Eternia, I always thought the best explanation was that they were brought over from medieval times centuries ago by one of the true Eternian mystical races, whatever their form. Humans in general of any race are from Earth....period. That is the only way you can even attempt to bring logic into any fantasy setting like this one. Otherwise, ....its YOUR imagination so who cares?!
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

First off, Zodak only matters to people who want every figure, or actually like 200X, or a small few who might just like him....to me Zodak, doesn't even exist, Zodac is my choice. And I have no use for Clamp Champ myself, especially with the story he kills a MAA that was turned into a snake, that story I choose not to care about. Netossa is alright, but being POP, she's not a biggie to me, and none of it comes with any race cards, just character preference, either Vintage characters I never cared about or never had, or modern characters I don't care about.

I don't care about Jitsu or Ninjor either, nor do I care for Whiplash, Clawful, Megator, Rio Blast...etc. But on a side note, I do intend to keep Netossa, but Clamp Champ is going bye bye.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 2, 2012 at 11:35pm.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

IMO Jitsu's bio is really lame...