Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Life-size / role-playing Power Sword

Life-size / role-playing Power Sword

Hey gangs,

Did you see the Life Size Power Sword at SDDC ? zoeek:

Any information on ? Mattel spoke about it but no news until now...:

A release for fan in the future ???

Last edited by Arvulis; July 29, 2009 at 10:03am.

Good to see they haven't lost it yet.

It was great when they debuted it last year with King Grayskull.

Wow, I hope it's at least something they are thinking about. I'd love to have one! I made a post awhile back about making some nice plastic ones, but everyone wants super expensive real metal ones instead. So, as cool as this is, if it's metal, I'm not gona be able to afford it (if they even decide to do something like this).
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    They must release this sword.

It is not something which even needs consideration.

I'd buy it, plastic or metal.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

It's a sure bet that anyone willing to jump through hoops to spend $28.50 on an action figure every month (poking fun at all of us) would rob a bank to buy this item.

I think TG has said that they are looking into it, which is code for "we haven't figured out whether to make this an exclusive item that most of you won't have access to or to make buying this item rediculously painful". But once they decide which option will alienate more fans I'm sure they'll run with it (poking fun at TG).

It would have to be plastic.

I can't imagine Mattel's legal department allowing them to sell a metal sword.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    It would have to be plastic.

I can't imagine Mattel's legal department allowing them to sell a metal sword.
    it is hard plastic

They could just do like the G.I.Joe swords and license it out. But no... they won't do that. It would make sense and work for everyone. Instead they'd rather go year after year and say they are looking into it. Finally when we're on our death bed, the new staff announces one coming out years in the future....

Heroic Warrior
    Now that they seem to have access to Adora's filmation style sword... I think I would rather have one like that

But Regardless. If they make a "real" Power sword I'm buying one. If they don't make a purple one.. I'll buy two and give one a paint job.

They will both go over my fireplace!

Awesome. I would get a plastic one in a heartbeat! Affordable, and able to be played with like I was a kid again, without the fear of destroying things (like I was a kid again....I totally didn't mean to smash that christmas ornament all over the room, but you don't swing a plastic sword if you don't mean to really swing that sucker.)
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I'd much prefer one based on the Filmation sword of power... like the one the Adora figure will come with (minus the jewel of course). I always thought that one looked more like a sword than a toy.
    "Red Warrior needs food badly!"

Plastic would be OK but if they are going to go with a "toy" sword, I'd rather they do it with a foam outer shell like the Nerf swords. That way me and my kids could hack away without hurting each other or the sword.

Agree that a metal sword could be licensed - I own a couple life sized props including a metal replica of Thor's hammer. This can and is being done all the time for other properties by different companies. Get on it Mattel.

I'd buy a plastic one, but in all honesty, i'd be very disapointed if it wasn't made of metal
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwolf View Post
    Plastic would be OK but if they are going to go with a "toy" sword, I'd rather they do it with a foam outer shell like the Nerf swords. That way me and my kids could hack away without hurting each other or the sword.
    I was just thinking of a collectable item; if they did want to make it a play-worhty item then I'd be all for it! Heck yeah, foam with inner plastic would be awesome!

If they make that sword out of plastic I wouldn’t complain (so long as it is priced bearing such in mind).

My dream is to have a real, functional version of this sword. But honestly, unless some high end firm got the license and charged a few thousand dollars a unit, that’ll never happen anyway. Think the Conan swords offered a few years ago through Film Swords before they let the license expire (those were real and real expensive).

A steel wall hanger (mass produced licensed sword) would be prohibitively heavy, lacking proper balance and distal tapering, and would probably be pretty unsafe if “played” with.

The coolest thing they could do would be to make something along lines of the Master Replicas FX Sting, from lord of the rings. The hilt was metal and housed the electronics, while the blade was plastic lined with a transflexive tape (looks like steel). The sword was a toy, but it looks very real, has a fair heft to it, and when turned on glows like in the film and emits awesome sound effects.

He-Man’s sword just begs for that type of treatment. Unfortunately, Master Replicas is getting pretty bad at getting product to market these days, so Mattel would have to find another firm or do it in house.

There are a lot of ways to do this sword justice. The biggest obstacle is Mattel’s outmoded no weapons policy. The second is how much are you all willing to spend? That will decide what can be made.

Yeah, I want one of these SO much!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I would love to have a power sword myself. What would be real cool is a 3 pack. the 2 halves..one grey and one purple and of course the whole thing like it is in that pic above. Now that sounds expensive and almost worth it..lol
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    I asked about it in a Q&A, they have no plans to release any type of sword and or role play item.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    I asked about it in a Q&A, they have no plans to release any type of sword and or role play item.
    You didn’t even get a typical “we’re looking into it” response?

They flat out said they have no plans to offer anything of the like?

(Cue Erik Cartman voice) Lame.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I'd LOVE to see a plastic "toy" replica of the Power Sword!!!
    It's affordable for sure and cool as heck XD

A real metal version would be awesome as well if they let a professional handle that license.
    Perhaps a MOTUC or Filmation metal replica when the movie is going to be released?
    By the looks of it, most toy companies realise something like this with a release of a live action movie

I'd absolutely buy a plastic one.

I'd also like to see a glow-in-the-dark fluorescent green/yellow one, too, to match the one I had as a kid.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    That thing is awesome! I would totally get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I'd absolutely buy a plastic one.

I'd also like to see a glow-in-the-dark fluorescent green/yellow one, too, to match the one I had as a kid.
    Man, a glow-in-the-dark one would be awesome!

I'd love to have He-Man and She-Ra's swoard on a Grayskull shield as like a show piece.