Thread: Stinkor saved my house.

Stinkor saved my house.

Well, at least my sanity.

A little while ago, the pipes burst in my house, and I had to get all the plumbing rerouted. While this was going on, the plumbers managed to rig it so that I could turn the water on when I needed it, and it wouldn't interfere with their work (the burst pipe was deep enough under the foundation that there was no flooding). But this did mean that, for 90% of the day, there was no running water. Do you know what happens when there isn't water running through the pipes? All the sewage in the bathroom or rotting food remnants linger, exposed to the open air, and YOUR ENTIRE HOUSE STINKS. HORRIBLY.

Sure, patchouli oil is musty and cloying and not the best smell in the world, but keeping my MOTUC Stinkor near me in the house helped nullify some of the awful, awful odor of the pipes, and made it livable for the two weeks it took to reroute the plumbing.

Thanks, Stinkor?

Good for you! And I love that Stinkor has made a friend with his pet there.

Do you not own Mossman?

In all seriousness, great story, glad your house was sorted in the end.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Stinkor: not as evil as he'd like to think.

Glad everything got sorted!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

I don't own Mossman!

And hey, not everything's sorted - still patching up drywall.

You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    Well, at least my sanity.

A little while ago, the pipes burst in my house, and I had to get all the plumbing rerouted. While this was going on, the plumbers managed to rig it so that I could turn the water on when I needed it, and it wouldn't interfere with their work (the burst pipe was deep enough under the foundation that there was no flooding). But this did mean that, for 90% of the day, there was no running water. Do you know what happens when there isn't water running through the pipes? All the sewage in the bathroom or rotting food remnants linger, exposed to the open air, and YOUR ENTIRE HOUSE STINKS. HORRIBLY.

Sure, patchouli oil is musty and cloying and not the best smell in the world, but keeping my MOTUC Stinkor near me in the house helped nullify some of the awful, awful odor of the pipes, and made it livable for the two weeks it took to reroute the plumbing.

Thanks, Stinkor?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...tinkor-Pet.png