Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chris Hemsworth: “I Can’t Play He-Man”

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    Skinny? Jason Momoa was not skinny in Conan. He was athletic and nicely built. He just wasn't a super roided out looking barbarian meat head. Skinny? Ha.
    In comparison to Ah-nuld, Momoa would be seen as skinny. It's like comparing the NA or 200X He-Man figures to the original He-Man figure.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    I'd cast my vote for Clay Matthews as He-Man. He is a beast.

When it comes to Chris Hemsworth he is already playing the original in Thor, a role that is quite honestly better than He-Man, offers more opportunities and is a proven commodity. It would be like Daniel Craig going from playing James Bond to Jason Bourne. Yes, a cool character but not on the level of the original.
    I agree with you, Clay Matthews looks just like He-Man! I am not a sports fan at all, so I had no idea the guy even existed until I saw him on a few advertisements, but the first thing that popped in my head was He-Man.

now were talking about football players getting the role? thats worse than wrestlers I'd rather have Channing......
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Hmmmmm, football players and pro wrestlers....... maybe this movie needs to be animated like T.M.N.T. or an animated-hybrid like John Carter. Then all we have to do is find the right voice actor.
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I wasnt suggesting he actually get the part, or that he can act, only that he looks like He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    now were talking about football players getting the role? thats worse than wrestlers I'd rather have Channing......
    A charasmatic football player who speaks English wouldn't be any worse than a body builder with a funny accent.
    Yes, I went there.

I personally have no issue with Channing Tatum other than his height. He stole the show in 21 Jump Street.

We had a former Playgirl centerfold play Flash Gordon and people like Alex Ross and Seth MacFarlane seem to think he did alright. Would a football player who already looks the part be any worse?
    Last edited by Piccolo Daimaoh; December 4, 2012 at 05:24pm.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Widget
    Something funny.....what does the new poster for the Thor film remind you of??

moss-thor.jpg

Tron

Until now.

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    Exactly. No body builders, wrestlers or other sportsmen should be allowed anywhere near the casting couch. Just saying. I would actually rather have Tatum. At least his name would be a guarantee of getting more bums in seats than a wrestler who can't act. That would likely have the opposite effect.

In Tatum's defense having a heart throb has only helped Thor's popularity.
    Until now.

Exactly He man has to be dead sexy as well as all the lovely ladies of the film too. I can handle my wife secretly wanting He -man so long As I want to be skeletor having Evil lyn hanging around in her leather hip high leather boots or teela even the sorceress lets not forget the eventual She ra. I mentioned to a teen girl that I work with that K. luts from the Twighlight movies may be up for a role where he rides around on a tiger in nothing but fur shorts and a harness and she just gushed at the thought of it . Shed be dragging her boyfriend to the movie just for that....
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA. Moved from El Paso, TX
    Jai Courtney. Acting ability demonstrated on Spartacus, Jack Reacher and his co-starring role in the next Die Hard movie should help him generate star power.
    Jai_500_051212.jpg

Good foundation there, he may be able to put on even more muscle mass for the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Wylde Weezle View Post
    Jai Courtney. Acting ability demonstrated on Spartacus, Jack Reacher and his co-starring role in the next Die Hard movie should help him generate star power.
    Jai_500_051212.jpg

Good foundation there, he may be able to put on even more muscle mass for the role.
    Great pick!! There are alot of actors on Spartacus that would be fantastic in the new Masters movie. They have the build and acting chops to pull it off. For those orgers who haven't seen Spartacus, it's definitely worth checking out.

God I hate Stratos.