Thread: Free iOS checklist app Toy Collector

Widget

Free iOS checklist app Toy Collector

Hi all -- I've been slowly putting together a master checklist for the iPhone and iPad (free, of course) and I've been updating vintage and modern MOTU

Toy Collector

I'd love some feedback. I'm also always looking for help updating, so if anyone one here is interested in helping add any missing MOTU figures, let me know! You can contact me directly within the app, or on Twitter, or on this forum

Thanks,
    Zack

Quote Originally Posted by zfisher323 View Post
    Hi all -- I've been slowly putting together a master checklist for the iPhone and iPad (free, of course) and I've been updating vintage and modern MOTU

Toy Collector

I'd love some feedback. I'm also always looking for help updating, so if anyone one here is interested in helping add any missing MOTU figures, let me know! You can contact me directly within the app, or on Twitter, or on this forum

Thanks,
    Zack
    Hey Zack,

I love your toy apps!!! I have used them a ton! They're especially handy when hunting and for keeping track of my collections/wants.
    I left good reviews on your Marvel one a while back. I really wish I knew how to throw together a simple app like that myself. I'm
    actually taking an iOS training course because your apps inspired me!

I haven't jump aboard on the all-encompassing app yet. I really just like the MOTU and Marvel ones. I do wish, however, the user could swipe
    from one page to the next, as opposed to pushing the little arrow/next button. Just an intuitive thing, and easability. That's my biggest wish
    for an update. And updated images are always good!

Again, thanks for the apps Zack (pass that on to the other brothers too!) Haha.

*NOTE: Just saw the new app does have swiping! However, it is only 8 megs, so I am guessing it pulls image from the web (not local)... that isn't so great for me as I just have an iPod Touch and need images stored on my device. I'll give it a whirl tonight and see how it is though!
    Last edited by Mysterio; December 1, 2012 at 01:01am.

Widget
    Mysterio. Thanks for checking it out and offering feedback!

A couple of responses:

The reason I have combined the apps is Apple requested I do it (they were concerned about too many of the same type of app in the store). They wouldn't let me release any new checklist apps, so I had to combine them all into one if I wanted to release new collections (Transformers, Vinylmation, etc).

The images are still stored locally! I just have it set up so they aren't included on initial download because the app would be almost a GB in size... so, on the new app, when you download the image (by pressing the load image button) it actually finds the image on my server and saves it locally to the device.

Yes, good find on the swiping. I, unfortunately, won't be able to add this to the older apps, but perhaps as you begin to enjoy the new app more, this won't be an issue.

I'd be curious what your thoughts are on the new app.

Thanks again!
    Zack

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
    Hey Zack,

I love your toy apps!!! I have used them a ton! They're especially handy when hunting and for keeping track of my collections/wants.
    I left good reviews on your Marvel one a while back. I really wish I knew how to throw together a simple app like that myself. I'm
    actually taking an iOS training course because your apps inspired me!

I haven't jump aboard on the all-encompassing app yet. I really just like the MOTU and Marvel ones. I do wish, however, the user could swipe
    from one page to the next, as opposed to pushing the little arrow/next button. Just an intuitive thing, and easability. That's my biggest wish
    for an update. And updated images are always good!

Again, thanks for the apps Zack (pass that on to the other brothers too!) Haha.

*NOTE: Just saw the new app does have swiping! However, it is only 8 megs, so I am guessing it pulls image from the web (not local)... that isn't so great for me as I just have an iPod Touch and need images stored on my device. I'll give it a whirl tonight and see how it is though!
    - - - Updated - - -

New Adventures of He-Man have been added to the app. Submitted to Apple for approval yesterday, should be live by the 15th!

Zack

- - - Updated - - -

New Adventures of He-Man (with images thanks to this site!) are now live and part of the app!

Toy Collector